• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Children of Villainy

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
[class=Lines] border-top:1px SOLID #680b0a; margin-bottom:5px; margin-Top:5px; [/class]
3131c352c60fa0d14a4ade8cdfd40f8a.jpg
Ricollete Salida I Interacting: Randomfella Randomfella Yatasal Yatasal I Mentioned: N/A I Located: somewhere; blabbering.
[div class="Lines"]
The bandit howled with laughter, although there was no real pleasure in it. Or happiness. "I've beat girls younger than you. You're dead, and so is your friend for killing my brother!" He swung his sword against the girl's, and gritted his teeth. He wasn't afraid to fight dirty; he kneed her in the stomach, and stepped back, adjusting his footwork. But he forgot it as soon as he shoved Ri aside and went again for Santo's head.
Santo Guineth The Road West​
yvell_by_las_t-d67dgjd.jpg
The bandit continued on, seeming to push past Ri toward Santo, and still, he tried to keep control of his thoughts. It was as if the outside world no longer existed, his mind so invested in controlling itself that all of the sounds were blocked out, his eyes closing to prevent any images. The blade was swung cleanly, aiming straight for the young man's neck. Time almost seemed to slow as the edge of the blade grew ever closer to the boys flesh, millimetres between them, the cold steel could almost be felt as Santo's mind slipped. A viscous red fluid erupted, but not from Santo's neck. The blood flowing from the wound in his shoulder suddenly shooting out, crawling up to the centre of his neck, as two thin tendrils leapt onto the blade, hardening at almost an instant just before it could strike. The attackers eyes opened wide in shock at the sight of it, the unnatural power. Santo's head, clenched within his hand, dragging down, paused along with the rest of his body. Yet, as he latched onto the blade, his hand dropped, face turning to stare into the aggressor's, eyes opening to reveal two red iris staring into the man's. Rapidly, three strands dripped from his shoulder, hardening into what seemed like red spears, as they shot upward into the bottom of their assailant's jaw. After a short moment of silence, the strange hardened blood turned to liquid, falling to the ground like the patters of heavy rain, the bandit's body soon following as he was released, and then Santo, to one knee. Blood leaked profusely from his shoulder, though there was no form to it. In his mind, all he could see now was their attackers expression, a cruel reminder stuck within his mind. Slowly, his head turned, looking up toward Ri. He paused once again, an expression of concern spread across it, his irides returning to normal. Then... He panicked, clambering to his feet as he began to run from the others, hand clenching his forehead once more as he did. "No... No... Not again!" He could be heard mumbling to himself in what sounded like fear.
Ri doubled over as the bandit's knee hit her stomach. Taking a few steps back she readied her sword to strike back to defend Santo but he...got that covered....in blood...? hardening blood? Her eyes widened and she watched in gruesome curiosity as the blood spear went up into the bandits head. The blood spattered everywhere as it hit the ground, her eyes met his as his expression went from cold concentration to a fearful gaze. Hearing his mumbled words she took a step closer. "Hey...that was..." Comfort the fearful boy...or....."That was incredible! What was that! I can't believe it I've only ever seen one other person do some sort of magic miracle but you...you took him out, wow...man the way you talk sounds like you can't really control it huh? Heh, you shouldn't be afraid of yourself if that's what you can do. "

"Well hah I don't mean to offend you but seriously, Wow." She chuckled a bit, smiling at him. Might not be what she should be saying but she was terribly amazed. [div class="Lines"][/div]
[/div]

The man was dead.

Even as Leon stood, staring at the blood-soaked bandit, he couldn't believe it.

The man had chased down one of the other children, a girl with white hair, and for a moment, Leon had felt his breath catch: the man was going to kill her. Before he had realized, he had already begun to limp towards the girl. To what end he did not know; he was rather weak, after all. But he couldn't just stand there, couldn't watch another human being die in such a senseless way.

He hadn't made it more than three steps, however, before a scream pierced the air. A loud, blood-curdling scream, a turbulent gale of wind, and then silence. Where once the man had been standing was now a mangled heap of a body, bleeding from countless scratches. His eyes were wide with fear, his mouth open in a final, silent scream as he lay unmoving.

Leon stumbled back as he remembered, tearing his eyes away from the sight. He had never seen anyone die before, let alone in such an unnatural, grotesque way. The girl had to be powered, like him; there was no way that was possible otherwise.

He'd deal with that later, he decided; there were still enemies about, and if they managed to catch him, he'd stand no chance.

He glanced around and, upon seeing the other bandits preoccupied, he dropped into a crouch, moving behind one of the larger trees. He wasn't very well hidden, and if the bandits really looked they'd find him, but it was the best he could do at the moment.

| Mentioned: Eliasdagood Eliasdagood |

((OOC: My count is four bandits left... If that isn't true then oh well.))

The bandits left, grabbing horses and leaving their fallen men. Most of the bandits left were dead; some horribly so. A few were merely unconscious, but the bandits in their panic to leave had no way of knowing that. None of them would forget this night. The horses with no riders stayed behind, calmly chewing on grass and seemingly grateful for the lack of their previous masters. In total, the horses numbered five. One had ran off, following the other bandits.

Jessie watched them run away, waiting a full minute before she uncovered her shadow blanket and helped Anya stand. She clung to Anya but led her forward, out of the small thicket of trees. She refused to look at the dead, mangled bandit. Her chin quivered, and she wanted nothing more than to sit down and cry. But she knew she had to be strong, for Anya and everyone else. It wouldn't do no good to be the crybaby.

Around her, bandits laid scattered in various ways. It had only been a few minutes, even though it felt like hours since the bandits had attacked. Jessie could see some of the kids from before were dead, or still hadn't woken up. Either way, Jessie was sure they'd never wake up again. She bit her lip, staring at each individual body in almost disbelief--right before her eyes landed on Santo. He was shaking, mumbling to himself, and he had a wound on his shoulder that was still bleeding, a dark spot growing on his back.

"Santo!" Jessie cried, and ran towards him, falling to her knees. She didn't know how to heal, had never learned much other than to keep hold of the wound to stop the blood from escaping. She nervously put her small hands on his back, and pressed down. Not nearly hard enough, but Jessie had no way of knowing that. "Anya, go see if that magic lady can help!"

Eliasdagood Eliasdagood Randomfella Randomfella Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101

Santo Guineth
The Road West​
Santo continued to stumble away, his head shaking as Ri spoke. "I... Can't... Ngh!" He struggled, the wound on his back was beginning to harden, before returning to a liquid, alternating between the states randomly. "Doesn't it feel good?" He asked himself internally, it was like scratching an itch that had lasted years, and yet... The feeling only became more intense the more he succumbed to it. "You don't... Get it..." Santo muttered in discomfort, still straining himself in a battle against his own thoughts, his own desires.

As Jessie's voice approached, Santo's eyes opened wide in surprise, cutting his train of thought... Breaking his hold. Still facing away, holding his head down, the wound in his shoulder erupted outward with viscous crimson tendrils toward the two, rapidly approaching them threateningly. "Do it." He thought to himself. "It would feel so good." His mind continued to tell his blank expression. Inches away from their bodies, the tendrils suddenly stopped, before sucking back into the boy's bleeding wound. "J-Just leave me be!" Santo weakly roared out, stumbling once more away from them.

AgWordSmith AgWordSmith Yatasal Yatasal

"J-Just leave me be!" Santo weakly roared out, stumbling once more away from them.
When the tendrils erupted from Santo's shoulder, Jessie jumped back, falling and crawling backwards like a crab. For a second, the tendrils hung in the air, before sucking back into Santo's wound. Jessie stared at him, shaking, unable to move or look away. Magic. All she could think was what her pa had said many times before, "There ain't no good that comes from magic. You best never use that magic of yours, Jessie girl."
He was right. The more she used her magic, the stronger it got. What if it started attacking other people, like Santo's did? What if she couldn't control it? Could... Did she have the ability to hurt someone? Or worse... kill them?
Jessie gulped. She would never use her magic again, not if she had a chance of ending up like Santo.

Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 Eliasdagood Eliasdagood Randomfella Randomfella

Era

Era rubbed her sore shoulder as she watched the few bandits left retreat, terrified. She turned back to the children, and upon seeing some sort of struggle, sprinted over, mumbling to herself.
'Oooooooooooooh dear. Okay. Yeah. From now on I'm just going to assume all of you have magic that you haven't disclosed. I'm just gonna go with that for now.'
The mage approached Santo, one hand glowing with the preparation to cast a barrier if his lack of control should lash out.
'You're safe, you're okay. Breathe slowly and try to calm down. Eveyone is safe, you're alright.' Silently, she motioned for everyone else to put some distance between them.
'The bandits ran away, there's no more danger.'
Randomfella Randomfella @ any others

[class=Lines] border-top:1px SOLID #680b0a; margin-bottom:5px; margin-Top:5px; [/class]
Ricollete Salida I Interacting: Lost Lost Randomfella Randomfella I Mentioned: Svisttt Svisttt Yatasal Yatasal Eliasdagood Eliasdagood I Located: not to far from the others; finding spies.
[div class="Lines"]
His mind continued to tell his blank expression. Inches away from their bodies, the tendrils suddenly stopped, before sucking back into the boy's bleeding wound. "J-Just leave me be!" Santo weakly roared out, stumbling once more away from them.
Ri watched wide eyed as the tendrils hovered in front of her. She wasn't afraid in the least, just, looking at the tendrils and him curiously. He seemed to be fighting something in his head from his expressions and the sudden reconciling of the blood constructs. He stumbled away and she took a step forward towards him but Era went ahead of her.
Era
Era rubbed her sore shoulder as she watched the few bandits left retreat, terrified. She turned back to the children, and upon seeing some sort of struggle, sprinted over, mumbling to herself. 'Oooooooooooooh dear. Okay. Yeah. From now on I'm just going to assume all of you have magic that you haven't disclosed. I'm just gonna go with that for now.' The mage approached Santo, one hand glowing with the preparation to cast a barrier if his lack of control should lash out. 'You're safe, you're okay. Breathe slowly and try to calm down. Everyone is safe, you're alright.' Silently, she motioned for everyone else to put some distance between them. 'The bandits ran away, there's no more danger.'
Ricollete nodded and let Era do what she needed to. She wondered what the others were capable of, Jessie seemed to be wary of everything that wasn't normal, Anya...well Ri hadn't had much time with her to get a feel for her and Silan...she had odd feelings about him. He seemed so familiar. Santo's ability, was crazy but absolutely fascinating. Ri thought more on this and walked around a bit, finding some one who wasn't hiding well. "Hey, Hey I found you! I saw you before at the tavern, whatcha following us for? You see that unbelievable stuff Santo did? I don't think he likes what he can do, and hasn't had much practice but I think its cool, can you do something? other than hiding i mean." SHe chuckled, rambling on to this stranger for a bit, not really filtering her words. [div class="Lines"][/div]
[/div]

Santo Guineth
The Road West​
"Are you deaf?" Santo asked in a hushed anger, talking through his teeth as he pushed an open hand toward the woman. Once more, the open wound developed a hard scab-like layer, stopping the bleeding. "I'm... Fine..." Santo murmured, continuing to walk, regaining control over his thoughts, though it was growing difficult with the constant interruptions. Still, the desire ate at him. It seemed that no mattered how he repressed the thoughts, the feeling never left. On one side, he truly wished to let loose to his instincts, and on the other... The face of his dying friend, now joined by two others, the second of which... It was different, almost worse in a way... It was intentional this time, after all.

Still, his eyes remained closed, gritting his teeth, battling against his own fatigue and loss of blood. Santo couldn't look back, look into the eyes of others, especially those that had seen... That.
Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101

[div class=mainBackground] [div class="header headerCustom"] [/div] [div class="info bottomBorder"] [div class=infoBox] [div class=infoLabel]Location:[/div] [div class=infoText] The Thicket of Trees [/div] [/div] [div class=infoBox] [div class=infoLabel]Interaction:[/div] [div class=infoText] If your character can detect him, by all means. [/div] [/div] [div class=infoBox] [div class=infoLabel]Tags:[/div] [div class=infoText] Yatasal Yatasal Randomfella Randomfella AgWordSmith AgWordSmith Lost Lost Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 Svisttt Svisttt Eliasdagood Eliasdagood [/div] [/div] [/div] [div style="font-family: 'Raleway', sansserif; font-size: 0.9em; letter-spacing: 0px; text-align: justify; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); white-space: pre-wrap;"] A cliff, unfamiliar faces, and more verses. His body flinched violently when the nightmare ended. Deryth's first few breathes was deep and ragged, as he suddenly became aware of his surroundings. He had woken up standing, a common occurrence in the past few weeks. At least he hoped it was weeks, it was hard to tell how long he would be unaware of his surroundings at times. The burning feeling in wrist and the soreness in his shoulder were also common since he started securing himself to whatever was heavy enough to keep himself from wandering into the night as he slept. His arm being pulled taunt made it apparent that was exactly what happened. Almost the moment his mind focused on his arm and its discomfort, the appendage became weightless and slackened. He'd grown familiar with the feeling of his curse activating but it was different this time. Before, it was his whole body that became insubstantial and the fact that it didn't anymore unnerved Deryth. He vaguely hoped that the affliction was weakening; however, this was quickly banished as the second set of verses echoed softly in his mind.
~ I am the voice in the wind and the pouring rain ~ I am the voice of your hunger and pain ~ I am the voice that always is calling you ~ I am the voice, I will remain ~
"Dammit!" The obscenity slipped through his lips as if it was to drown out the song faintly resonating through his skull. Had he the energy, Deryth would of repeated himself for a time to try and quell the frustration and fear that resided in his still hammering heart. Instead, he dropped slowly to his knees with a tired and defeated sigh to untie the rope from his wrist and started to coil it as he let his eyes scan the darkened surroundings. More than anything, Deryth wanted to go back to sleep as he figured he probably got only a few hours of sleep and from how raw his wrist felt, he wouldn't be surprised if his body spent the whole time trying to answer the call to go West. Undoing the knot at the opposite end of the rope, Deryth lethargically stood up and made his way towards the tree he had been tied to in search of his pack. Having spent many nights under nothing but starlight, he could make out the bag and his equipment at the base of the tree. By no means could he see as well as a wild animal but he could still usually make out familiar silhouettes created by the various shades the world's nighttime palette if he was attentive. An unstifled yawn redoubled Deryth's want of sleep but the nightmare he just woken from had strengthened the westward summons by at least thrice-fold. Even though it had the same effect on his feeling of apprehension, something told Deryth that the call could not be denied. Drained of the will to fight it by his almost nonstop journey, he grabbed his sword and scabbard and fastened them to his hip, followed shortly by his half-filled quiver. It was due to the constant faint voice echoing in his head that made Deryth not realize just how quiet it actually was. In turn, this made the sudden yelling that shattered the silence course through the trees like lightning and electrified Deryth's senses. He stood there like stone, every fiber of his being coiled like a spring. Once more yelling and the low sound of horses galloping confirmed that he was indeed not hearing things, Deryth drew his sword and moved to put the tree between him and the sounds that were getting more numerous and some devolved into screams. Gathering his bearings, he quickly realized that the sounds were coming from the road that he'd been travelling along previously. Peeking past the tree, the bright light that shined through the trees from the throughway confirmed his suspicions. His stomach tightened when he came to the conclusion that only one thing could produce so much luminance in the dead of night. "Magic..." He murmured to himself in a wary tone. Since he wasn't in directly in danger, Deryth weighed his options. It was likely that he could stay where he was and no one would be the wiser but there was a fair chance that he'd lose track of himself and find himself on the road, not a place he was keen on, especially with battles apparently breaking out on it. The idea of making his way west through the wilderness held the same drawbacks, plus it would make his journey more difficult than it already was. Of course, there was always the option of making contact with whomever won the battle. If they accepted his company, then he would have some kind of buffer against attackers and he may even be able to acquire some spoils from the dead. This held some allure as he'd not had many chances to hunt since he began his journey, enough to feed himself most days but his coin purse was slowly getting lighter and Deryth had no idea how far he yet needed to go. The internal debate may have took only a few minutes but that was all it took for the racket to start quieting down. Even though he was distrustful of the magical light still shining on the road, Deryth decide to at least investigate. Sheathing his sword, he reached around the tree's trunk and grabbed his bow before cautiously making his way towards the light. Stopping only briefly to string the bow and nock an arrow, it didn't take long for Deryth to cover most of the the hundred paces that were between him and the road. Once there, he stayed within the treeline and decided to watch the group before confirming that he actually wanted to contact them. Standing a tree's shadow that was cast by the orb of light floating in the air, he tried to get a headcount of the group while trying to eavesdrop. [div class="mainText" style="width: 100%; box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 10px; font-size: 0.6em; text-align: center"]Like this code? Check out Lex's Codes to get your own![/div] [/div][/div] [class name=mainBackground] background: rgb(40, 40, 40); box-sizing: border-box; padding-left: 10%; padding-right: 10%; padding-top: 5%; padding-bottom: 5px; [/class] [class name=header] display: block; postion: relative; box-sizing: border-box; padding-left: 5px; font-family: 'Share', sansserif; font-size: 3em; text-align: left; [/class] [class name=headerCustom] background-color: #004200 ; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); [/class] [class name=bottomBorder] margin-bottom: 10px; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.5); [/class] [class name=info] display: flex; width: 100%; box-sizing: border-box; padding-bottom: 5px; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: center; align-items: center; align-content: center; font-family: 'Raleway', sansserif; font-size: 0.9em; letter-spacing: 0px; text-align: justify; margin-top: 5px; [/class] [class name="info" maxWidth=1000px] display: block; width: 100%;[/class] [class name=infoBox] display: flex; flex: 1 0 50%; width: auto; box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: center; align-items: center; align-content: center; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=infoBox maxWidth=1000px] display: block; width: 100%; margin: 5px; [/class] [class name=infoLabel] max-width: 80px; flex: 1 0 auto; box-sizing: border-box; padding: 3px; margin-right: 3px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(40, 40, 40); [/class] [class name=infoText] width: auto; flex: 5 0 auto; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); [/class]

Last edited:
After a few tentative moments, Jessie gathered herself. She wanted to get as far away from Santo and Era and everything they were doing. Jessie licked her lips and stood up. "Anya... I think we should... go. See if anyone needs our help?"

She nodded to herself, seeing this as the best course of action. But it wasn't until she stood up and reached down to her side did a pit of horror knot her stomach up. Where's Mumble?

"Mumble!" She called. "Here, girl! Mumble! Anya, we have to find her!"

Jessie scanned the area, her heart pounding in her ears. Mumble was all she had, the only family she had left. She had to find her dog, she had to! She couldn't see anything though, only dead bandits and kids and trees and the road and... Tears stung her eyes, and Jessie wiped them hastily, spinning around. The ball of light that Era had cast earlier still hung in the air, and the shadows it cast began to bend and shape themselves as Jessie's panic heightened. She twisted around, but all she could see were the bodies, all she could hear was the scream...

In a daze she thought fast, too fast for her to process correctly. But she knew she had to start at the beginning. Where she had lost Mumble. The poor girl had run away from Anya when she... did the thing. The woods! "Mumble!"

Jessie turned and ran straight to the woods. Her head bounced around wildly, looking in every possible direction. Mumble wasn't here, she wasn't here! "Mum--"

Jessie cut herself off as she saw a man, bow and arrow in hand, standing behind a tree. Jessie's powers had twisted and bent the tree's shadow, allowing the light through. Jessie's breath caught in her throat, and she stood frozen in the trees. All at once the thoughts rushed to her head and she backed into a tree. She gripped its bark, as if it would be some sort of a comfort. She wanted Mumble, the dog was the only thing that could calm her down, she needed Mumble before this got worse.

"I just want my dog," Jessie whispered to him. "Please don't hurt me."

The shadows continued to bend and twist in impossible ways around Jessie, causing lights to flash in equally impossible places. Jessie had never seen her powers do this, and it terrified her even more. But her mind focused on her dog, and the possible loss of Mumble overshadowed every other possible fear. Tears fell down her face, and she shook hard. "Please."

Fletchawk Fletchawk Eliasdagood Eliasdagood Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 Randomfella Randomfella Svisttt Svisttt AgWordSmith AgWordSmith Lost Lost

Anya nods, and follows after Jessie as best she can, only to see another soul. He looks aggressive… tears start to trail down her face, but she walks between the man and Jessie. “Please.” She whispers. “Please just go. I don’t want to hurt you too… don’t make me.”
Yatasal Yatasal

[div class=mainBackground] [div class="header headerCustom"] [/div] [div class="info bottomBorder"] [div class=infoBox] [div class=infoLabel]Location:[/div] [div class=infoText] The Outskirts of Thicket [/div] [/div] [div class=infoBox] [div class=infoLabel]Interaction:[/div] [div class=infoText] Jessie and Anya [/div] [/div] [div class=infoBox] [div class=infoLabel]Tags:[/div] [div class=infoText] Yatasal Yatasal Eliasdagood Eliasdagood [/div] [/div] [/div] [div style="font-family: 'Raleway', sansserif; font-size: 0.9em; letter-spacing: 0px; text-align: justify; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); white-space: pre-wrap;"] Even with the magical light, it was difficult to get an accurate headcount, mainly because of the bodies laying on the ground but also because his attention was drawn to the two figures that were walking towards where he was hidden. Both were women and seemed to be oblivious of his presence. From her animated head movements, it seemed if the shorter one seemed to be searching for someone or something frantically. Mumble? Deryth repeated the girl's cry in his mind, unsure of its meaning. Having seen people become discombobulated after a witnessing harsh incident, he wondered if that had happened to this person. Deciding that such a person would not be the best to approach, he tucked himself into the tree's silhouette and stayed perfectly still, hoping that they would pass by unaware of him. Deryth thought they would walk by heedless of him, as many had done so before in the past, but the shorter woman froze the moment her eyes should've passed over him. In that shared instant, the hair on his body stood on end as the shadow that once hid him slid off of him like water off a duck's back. Deryth had gotten used to the fear he held for his own curse but the terror that gripped his heart now was foreign and fresh. Had his body not mirrored the tense person that discovered him, Deryth would have instinctively drawn back the nocked arrow that was on his bowstring. Time crawled as adrenaline flooded through him in response to this sense of danger and yet his body still refused to react. The light now shining on her face made watching her features explicit as they shifted from anxiety to fear as she back away from him. "Your dog? Hurt you?" The confusion was clear in Deryth's reply as its tone oscillated from his own fear sabotaging his voice. The girl's words didn't seem to match the display of violently dancing shadows around them. Deryth's body instinctively started to retreat away from the scene that was impairing his sense of reality. The visage of an older girl with snow-white hair stepped between them before his brain could start processing what was happening and his focus switched to her. This time his body reacted and the bow was brought to bare and the arrow was pulled back on a taut string. With his heart rapidly pumping adrenaline through his body, his senses were sighted in on the two girls standing before him. All it would have taken for Deryth release the arrow was a spasm of movement from either them. Instead, more words accompanied by tears, pleading for him to flee. That was all took for his instincts to decide on a course of action. Deryth's body flickered briefly and he fled. Once he started moving with earnest, his mind focused its efforts entirely on the effort to distance himself from danger. Deryth disappeared into the thicket with astonishing speed, his curse activating randomly as he dodged through the trees, the terror of not only of what he saw but of himself pushing his body faster. [div class="mainText" style="width: 100%; box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 10px; font-size: 0.6em; text-align: center"]Like this code? Check out Lex's Codes to get your own![/div] [/div][/div] [class name=mainBackground] background: rgb(40, 40, 40); box-sizing: border-box; padding-left: 10%; padding-right: 10%; padding-top: 5%; padding-bottom: 5px; [/class] [class name=header] display: block; postion: relative; box-sizing: border-box; padding-left: 5px; font-family: 'Share', sansserif; font-size: 3em; text-align: left; [/class] [class name=headerCustom] background-color: #004200 ; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); [/class] [class name=bottomBorder] margin-bottom: 10px; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.5); [/class] [class name=info] display: flex; width: 100%; box-sizing: border-box; padding-bottom: 5px; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: center; align-items: center; align-content: center; font-family: 'Raleway', sansserif; font-size: 0.9em; letter-spacing: 0px; text-align: justify; margin-top: 5px; [/class] [class name="info" maxWidth=1000px] display: block; width: 100%;[/class] [class name=infoBox] display: flex; flex: 1 0 50%; width: auto; box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: center; align-items: center; align-content: center; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=infoBox maxWidth=1000px] display: block; width: 100%; margin: 5px; [/class] [class name=infoLabel] max-width: 80px; flex: 1 0 auto; box-sizing: border-box; padding: 3px; margin-right: 3px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(40, 40, 40); [/class] [class name=infoText] width: auto; flex: 5 0 auto; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); [/class]

Last edited:
1538591559973.pngRun. Run. Scare. Run. Fear. Run. Run. Run. Mumble run. Fast. Away. Fast.
Mumble's feet carried her far away from the terrifying forest. Unnatural things lied there, and such things were not known to the dog. Every animal fled from the thicket of trees. Even small insects couldn't stand the sight. Her loyalty, unending and undying to her Master, failed her in that moment.
Pain. Stop. Pant. Pant. Pant. Breathe. Pain. Pain. PAIN. Stop.
It wasn't for a few minutes before Mumble stopped running, having hurt her side on a sharp thicket that she struggled to get through in her efforts to escape. Her fur was marred with sticks and leaves, and her side continued to sting. Mumble whimpered.
Unknown. Help. Place. Dark. Pain. Away. Jessie. Jessie. Pain. Jessie. Mumble want Jessie. Pain.
Here she seemed to find herself in another forest of some sort, this one bigger and darker than the one she had run away from. Life quietly echoed all around her, only some of it disturbed by the newcomer. Bird calls and insect chirping echoed throughout the forest, and Mumble could smell thousands of trees, animals, and bugs within the forest's walls. She bent down and sniffed, and found that she had ran straight into a bear's territory. There were several female bears within the territory, with only one male.
Bad. Pain. Leave. Go. Bear. Pain. Bear. Jessie. Jessie. Pain. Mumble want Jessie.
Mumble turned and started to run again, but the pain in her side wouldn't go away. Unknown to the dog, a branch had dug into her side and then been ripped out again when she struggled out of the thicket. It wasn't too bad of a wound, and wasn't bleeding excessively, but it was bleeding. A wounded animal, like any other, would be hunted. And a predator had already caught Mumble's scent. Mumble had also caught the predator's scent, and a chase had begun. The predator was still far away, but Mumble knew she was in serious danger.
Wildcat. Big. Scare. Fear. Run. Pain. Run. Pain. Run. Pain. Mumble want Jessie. Jessie. Pain. Jessie.
Mumble ran, aggravating her wound. The increased pain made Mumble run faster, worsening the problem.
Man. Found. Man. Man good. Pain. Pain. Man. Not Jessie. Pain. Run to man.
Mumble had caught a different scent, this one an unfamiliar human. Still, Mumble trusted humans. No human had harmed her yet. This human was running, and when Mumble sniffed again, she found the wildcat was now dangerously close. Maybe within thirty or forty feet. Mumble changed courses, running to find the man.
He was running too, but Mumble matched his speed and ran with him. They were running straight for the wildcat, and Mumble made her mumbly sound. She ran in front of the man to stop him.
Man. No. Wrong. Wildcat. Danger. Leave. Jessie. Mumble want Jessie.
She stood her ground, whimpering and making her strange mumbly bark. Mumble had never been able to fully bark, but she made her mumbly sound as loud as she could, trying to get the man to follow her.
Mumble want Jessie.
The wildcat crouched in the darkness of the trees, barely fifteen feet away. It was trying to decide if it could make the distance, and it waited for an opportunity to do so. The new creature was tall, and unfamiliar to the wildcat. Humans never traversed this far into the woods. Its claws dug into the dead log it perched on.
Mumble stared at the new human, pleading with her mumbly bark.
Jessie. Mumble want Jessie.

Fletchawk Fletchawk

Last edited:
Ricollete Salida I Interacting: Lost Lost Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 Randomfella Randomfella I Mentioned: Yatasal Yatasal Eliasdagood Eliasdagood Fletchawk Fletchawk Svisttt Svisttt I Located: Sitting in the grass; petting a cat.
[div class="Lines"]
Ri turned from the boy she found, hearing others talk. She stepped away. "You can follow me or stay here and get lost in the woods, up to you." The girl shrugged and went back to Santo and Era, though not to close. Looking over at them she saw him refusing to look at anyone or anything. He looked off balanced as well, maybe using all that...blood stuff, what ever any one would call it took a lot out of him. She stayed silent and looked around. Jessie and Anya couldn't be seen now as well. Guess they ran off? She heard the distance sounds of Jessie calling out for her dog and then..it stopped. Ri just went and sat a bit behind Era and looked at Santo nonchalantly. At this point Ri was bored and want to know if these people were going to keep traveling together or be crazy and go through the woods alone. "Hey so maybe we should just blindfold him?" she blurted out as she sat, using the end of her tunic to clean the blood of her sword. "I could make a little cart for him to lay down in, he looks like he needs the rest. Then again, I was going to get everyone their stuff to anyways. " She went on, "You know if you're gonna be a sissy about your ability the least you can do is let some one try to help you like Era instead of running away and not doing anything about it."

Some one should stop her from talking but she didn't care to speak her mind. using the blood on her fingers she just wrote the name of her cat on her pant leg and touched it, really wanting to see the little thing right here on her lap. Touching the words made the blood red letters turn white and after the glow faded there sat her cat. looking around confused. Once it realized it was somewhere comfy it settled and Ricollete smiled and pet her a bit. Thankful that doing that even worked. She looked up at Era and Santo and waited to see what would happen next. [div class="Lines"][/div]
[/div]

"Hey, I found you!"

Leon's breath caught in his throat at those words, his eyes widening to match the fear that he felt. Had he really been found by a bandit, moments after the din of combat had ceased? Could his luck really be that horrendous? His thoughts drifted toward the innkeeper who had stripped him of his money, and his bundle of stuff sitting on a bench in Veronica's Tavern, miles away, and he came to the conclusion that yes, yes it could. With his hands held high in a gesture of surrender, and a resigned, if not a little annoyed, look on his face, he turned to face the stranger.

Much to his chagrin, however, he saw no violent, bloodthirsty cutthroat. Instead, he was face-to-face with a girl around his age, one he had seen just moments ago. She had been with the group that had gathered on the road, right before the bandits attacked. He felt his face grow warm in embarrassment and, realizing that his hands were still raised, he quickly dropped his arms to his sides. Fool, Leon thought to himself. If it were a bandit, you'd already be dead.

Thankfully, the girl didn't acknowledge his blunder. She talked about someone named Santo and these seemingly amazing abilities of his, and Leon couldn't help but think of the marauder killed by the wind moments earlier. Cynta had never been fond of magic users, and if today was anything to judge by, the young man could understand why. If Santo had done something like that, had torn a man apart without even touching him, Leon wasn't sure he wanted to meet the guy.

Not an entirely fair, sentiment, he mused. What if he's like you? What if he can't control his power, and, like it or not, it just happens?

A reasonable thought. And yet, he couldn't quell the fear at the prospect of being around someone with such destructive power. He knew from experience the consequences wrought by a lack of control, to be around others without it; people got hurt. It was an inevitability he had learned all too well since setting out from home.

He was shaken from his thoughts as he heard voices, presumably from the other survivors. The girl had heard them too, as she began to step away. Almost as an afterthought, she added that he could follow her if he wanted, or leave. Then, she began to head back to her group. Leon stood there for a moment, contemplative, before he set out after her. It couldn't hurt to gather some information, he decided, especially since he knew next to nothing about where they were.

The stranger continued on for a short distance, stopping to chat with an older woman and a dejected looking youth. As he caught up with her, Leon instinctively looked around the clearing for the younger girl he had seen earlier, the one from his dream. She was nowhere in sight. Odd, he mused. He could have sworn he had seen her earlier, moments before the ambush. Maybe she had run off during the attack. Or perhaps the bandits had...

Leon felt a wave of nausea, worse than he had ever imagined possible, overtake him before he could finish the thought. It was brief, lasting no more than a second, but he had to put a hand on a tree to steady himself, barely able to stop himself from retching. What in the world? Why did that thought bother me so much? The girl had been young, sure, and he would have been upset by any death. But he knew her from a dream, and no more. He shouldn't feel such dread, as if he would be losing a loved one.

Leon shook his head. He was acting the part of a fool again, over a fool dream had by a fool boy. He had enough on his plate with the voice in his head and his mysterious power. There was little time to moon over every strange dream, even if the people in them happened to be real.

Turning his gaze back to the others, he saw the stranger from earlier now seated, tracing her blood-covered fingers over a spot on her pants. The other two seemed to be busy, with the woman trying to comfort the young man, so Leon decided to approach her instead.

Upon closer inspection, he saw she was writing something rather than drawing, though he couldn't make out what. "Er, you wouldn't happen to-" he started, though he didn't finish his sentence before a cat appeared out of thin air.

Leon stood there, mouth agape, as the feline settled into the girl's lap, purring softly.

|Interacting: AgWordSmith AgWordSmith | Mentioned: Yatasal Yatasal Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 Randomfella Randomfella |

(I'm really sorry for the delay! Life's been a bit hectic >_<)

Last edited:
Jessie watched the guy flinch and suddenly dash through the trees. He was running fast, so fast that Jessie wondered in a sudden moment of clarity what he was so scared of.

And then she saw the flashing lights, the shadows. The bent reality that was happening all around her. The shadows were twisting and moving in some fierce nightmarish display. Lights flashed, from unknown and unnatural sources. It surrounded her, and to Jessie's eyes it appeared to be spider legs walking all around, unknown giant spiders ready to descend on her. Jessie didn't know what she feared more--Anya's magic, Santo's blood, or this dark display. How was it happening? Who was causing it?

Jessie closed her eyes, and sank to her knees. "Make it stop, make it stop..."

Everything seemed to overwhelm and disconnect from Jessie's mind. Everything slowed, and yet nothing did. She found herself in some odd realm of her mind, where she was just an observer to the outside world, and yet still participating in it. Jessie curled her knees into her chest, and hugged them, resting her head on her knees. Her breath came in quick gasps, and some tears fell. She had no way of knowing if she'd see Mumble again, people had just died right in front of her, and she was a long, long way from home.

And then, out of nowhere, there was that same feeling. That same desperation to get west. Jessie didn't move this time, despite the pull being strong. She didn't understand, and wished that she had stayed home. But the pull west, despite being just as strange as Anya's magic, was far more familiar and more preferable than anything else that had happened that evening. "I want to go home..." Jessie mumbled.

The longer she sat there, the less she could feel her hands. Her toes, too, had began to go numb. Within a few minutes, her hands had gone completely numb. The numb feeling seemed to stop at her wrists, but Jessie could barely move her fingers. It terrified her, but after everything else it seemed not that serious.

Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Anya watches the man run away with relief, but is very concerned when she sees Jessie. She’s freaking out, looking around… Anya can’t see what she’s looking at. She hesitates for a moment, before sitting down next to Jessie, and hugging her, petting her hair in an attempt to comfort her. “H-hey… it’s okay. I don’t know what’s going on… but it’s all going to be okay. I’m sorry for doing what I did. I… I’m not a bad person, I promise…” And now she’s on the verge of crying. Great.
Yatasal Yatasal

[div class=mainBackground] [div class="header headerCustom"] [/div] [div class="info bottomBorder"] [div class=infoBox] [div class=infoLabel]Location:[/div] [div class=infoText] The Depths of Thicket [/div] [/div] [div class=infoBox] [div class=infoLabel]Interaction:[/div] [div class=infoText] Mumble and 'Wildcat' [/div] [/div] [div class=infoBox] [div class=infoLabel]Tags:[/div] [div class=infoText] Yatasal Yatasal [/div] [/div] [/div] [div style="font-family: 'Raleway', sansserif; font-size: 0.9em; letter-spacing: 0px; text-align: justify; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); white-space: pre-wrap;"] Deryth could not remember a time that he ran faster than he was now. His adrenaline fueled body dismissed the fatigue and soreness that it had earlier as trees flashed by him. His vision tunneled forward as the light behind him grew dimmer with each bounding step. He would occasionally feel his feet catching on roots, rocks, and uneven ground but his legs would flicker through them with nary a thought, allowing him to continue unhindered. Even as the light from the road faded away and his panic started to recede, Deryth continued to run. His heart hammered against his rib cage, lungs ached more with each breath, and his head was getting dizzy from the exertion of not only running full tilt but from the strain that his curse was putting on him. When Deryth started slowing down, he became aware of an animal running alongside of him. His hazy thoughts struggled to identify the creature, other than it wasn't immediately aggressive, in the darkness that now surrounded them. Deryth came to complete stop as the creature pulled in front of him, each breath pulling at the stitch that developed in his side. Slowly, his eyes started adjust to the ambient light that trickled through the treetops. Is that a dog? Deryth asked himself mentally as the creature's silhouette became more distinct against the ground underneath of it. The sound it was making didn't make sense to him, as his already beleaguered mind was at its limit from trying to comprehend all the nonsensical things he encountered in the short time that he had been awake. After regaining some of his breath and against his better judgment, Deryth stepped forward and reached towards the dog with an open hand. His thoughts slowly wandered back to the girl that was searching for something before they came into contact. "Are you what she was looking for?" the words barely left his lips when something slightly larger jumped out from the underbrush of the thicket behind the dog and tackled it to the ground. The speed and suddenness of its appearance surprised him and caused Deryth to stumbled backwards away from it. "Shit!" The expletive escaped his lips before he realized what was happening. The yowl uttered from the creature was almost instantly recognized by Deryth, even in his befuddled state. A Lynx. A rather big one too. Unlike magic, this was something Deryth could deal with. Deryth quickly regained his footing in preparation to dispatch the wild animal. He could tell wildcat obviously was either desperate or knew nothing of humans as it continues to yowl at him as if to warn him away from its potential meal. Deryth was more curious as to why the dog didn't fight back, as it laid passive under the Lynx's paws. Normally, such an animal could be run off by yelling at it or throwing something sizable at it, but Deryth more interested in the pelt as he nocked another arrow in his bow. In the past, Deryth would of been lucky to get within four times the distance that was now between the two of them and albeit dark, the wildcat's lack of caution made it an easy target. Several seconds later and the wildcat laid lax a few feet from where it was perched on the dog, two arrows sticking out of it. "Dammit," Deryth cursed his inability to take it out in a single shot as his nerves were still frayed from his earlier encounter and it had sapped his strength, making his aim a little shaky, and so the first arrow missed the intended vital spot. The second one had better luck. Deryth took a deep breath to center himself and turned his attention the dog. Fortunately, the dog hadn't fought back when the Lynx pounced on it, so it didn't seem to be much worse for wear. "Let's try this again..." he said as he held his hand out to it and clicked his tongue as if to call it. It was too dark to tell if the dog was injured from a distance and he wasn't about to suddenly touch an unfamiliar animal that may be hurt, even if it seemed domesticated. [div class="mainText" style="width: 100%; box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 10px; font-size: 0.6em; text-align: center"]Like this code? Check out Lex's Codes to get your own![/div] [/div][/div] [class name=mainBackground] background: rgb(40, 40, 40); box-sizing: border-box; padding-left: 10%; padding-right: 10%; padding-top: 5%; padding-bottom: 5px; [/class] [class name=header] display: block; postion: relative; box-sizing: border-box; padding-left: 5px; font-family: 'Share', sansserif; font-size: 3em; text-align: left; [/class] [class name=headerCustom] background-color: #004200 ; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); [/class] [class name=bottomBorder] margin-bottom: 10px; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.5); [/class] [class name=info] display: flex; width: 100%; box-sizing: border-box; padding-bottom: 5px; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: center; align-items: center; align-content: center; font-family: 'Raleway', sansserif; font-size: 0.9em; letter-spacing: 0px; text-align: justify; margin-top: 5px; [/class] [class name="info" maxWidth=1000px] display: block; width: 100%;[/class] [class name=infoBox] display: flex; flex: 1 0 50%; width: auto; box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: center; align-items: center; align-content: center; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=infoBox maxWidth=1000px] display: block; width: 100%; margin: 5px; [/class] [class name=infoLabel] max-width: 80px; flex: 1 0 auto; box-sizing: border-box; padding: 3px; margin-right: 3px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(40, 40, 40); [/class] [class name=infoText] width: auto; flex: 5 0 auto; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); [/class]

Last edited:
“H-hey… it’s okay. I don’t know what’s going on… but it’s all going to be okay. I’m sorry for doing what I did. I… I’m not a bad person, I promise…”
As Anya petted Jessie's hair, and spoke softly, the shadows and lights dimmed and faded away as Jessie's breathing calmed. She was still crying, still scared, but she wasn't panicked anymore. And the lights and shadows had stopped, making Jessie feel better too. She leaned her head on Anya's shoulder, feeling just a little bit better.
"Lordy..." she whispered. Too much had happened in the last day and a half. Part of Jessie knew they should probably rejoin the others, and see if everyone else--including Santo--was alright. But she was in no mood to get up, and she could barely feel her hands. She tried moving them, and it was as if she was wearing her pa's thick woolen gloves and swimming through syrup. Feeling would eventually return, she knew that. And though Jessie knew it should've worried her a lot more, nearly dying made it seem far less of a problem.
Eventually she lifted her head. "Do ya still feel it? The pull west?"

Anya nods, watching her friend (at least she thinks they’re friends now) calm down, and get up. Anya stays sitting down, already hurt in a few places from running.

At Jessie’s question, she nods. “Yes. I still feel it. I wonder if it’s part of the reason why…” she looks down at her hands, still not sure if she can say what’s wrong with her.

“Yes. I still feel it. I wonder if it’s part of the reason why…”
Jessie looked at Anya's blind eyes, and still found them unnerving. She decided to stare at her numb hands instead, and tried to move them. "Why what?"

Anya takes a deep breath. “Um… that thing that happened earlier.” She says softly. “Ah, So, I’m kind of weird… okay so I see ghosts.” She forces out the words. “Good ghosts, bad ghosts, demons, all sorts. If angels are real I’m sure I’ll be able to see them too.”

“And-and sometimes I can open myself up to them, and let them use my energy to… do things.” She hugs her knees, shaking. “I didn’t mean to kill him!” She sobs. “They just got into me through my fear, and they-“

Stay. Stay. Stay. Scare. Stay. Mumble want Jessie.
The dog had noticed the lynx, but when she was under its claws she simply laid there. The lynx had claws on her throat, and Mumble knew that any movements would tear her throat open. The lynx was then shot once, twice, by the unfamiliar man. It was forced away by the Man Sticks, dead almost as soon as it hit the ground. Mumble made her mumbly sound and got up. Her side ached, the bleeding having gotten worse from the running.
Click click click. Up. Walk. Pain. Hurt. Hurt. Hurt.
Mumble slowly made her way over to the man. She looked up into his eyes, and could smell his anxiety. Wildcats were something to be feared, no matter what kind of wildcat they were. She supposed this was the reason for his fear and anxiety. Mumble sat before him, waiting for the human to move.
Mumble want Jessie.

Fletchawk Fletchawk

“Um… that thing that happened earlier.” She says softly. “Ah, So, I’m kind of weird… okay so I see ghosts.” She forces out the words. “Good ghosts, bad ghosts, demons, all sorts. If angels are real I’m sure I’ll be able to see them too. And-and sometimes I can open myself up to them, and let them use my energy to… do things.” She hugs her knees, shaking. “I didn’t mean to kill him!” She sobs. “They just got into me through my fear, and they-“
Jessie wasn't sure if she believed Anya at first, because she had always been taught that ghosts were a thing to tell kids to get them to do what you want. But the more she talked about it, the more it made sense. And Anya didn't sound like she was lying. Jessie's mind flashed back to the dead bandit, torn apart by otherworldly forces. She bit her lip, feeling awful just thinking about it. Anya sounded more scared than anything else, and Jessie couldn't help but put a hand on her shoulder. "It's okay," She said, even though nothing really was. She nodded to herself, and got up. The forest was quiet now, and Jessie could almost believe that nothing terrible had happened here. She still couldn't move her hands very much, but she nudged Anya. "We should... We should go back to the others. Mumble's a good dog, she'll come back to me somehow. I'm sure of it. She's a good dog," she told Anya matter-of-factly. "Lordy, she's the most loyal dog I know. Come on, I'm sure Era will wanna talk to us."

Eliasdagood Eliasdagood Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 AgWordSmith AgWordSmith Lost Lost

Ricollete Salida I Interacting: Lost Lost I Mentioned: Yatasal Yatasal Eliasdagood Eliasdagood Svisttt Svisttt Randomfella Randomfella I Located: in the grass; petting Nera
[div class="Lines"]
Upon closer inspection, he saw she was writing something rather than drawing, though he couldn't make out what. "Er, you wouldn't happen to-" he started, though he didn't finish his sentence before a cat appeared out of thin air. Leon stood there, mouth agape, as the cat settled into the girl's lap, purring softly.
Ri smiled at Nera and saw her ear move up and turn back like she heard something. Ri turned around and saw the boy had followed her. "Heh glad you came along. Wanna sit and pet her?" Ri turned herself more towards him, Much to the cat's dismay. Nonetheless Nera stayed put and Ri smiled at the boy. "She likes people so she wouldn't mind. I'm just waiting for the group to get back in order. At least. I hope it does, kinda hoped to travel with some people instead of alone but hey. Gotta do what you gotta do." Ri chuckled, may seem odd of a blood covered, sword bearing girl who conjured her pet up in an instant to do so but Ri had no worries on her appearance. Though she was a little concerned about Era and Santo here and those other girls who she hasn't seen for a while. Oh and Silan, man she hasn't seen him at all during this bandit encounter. They could all take care of themselves though, right? "What were you trying to ask by the way? I heard something was that you?" [div class="Lines"][/div]
[/div]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back