• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
=> Leto: Breed more frogs!!

You breed more frogs with the help of Sir Lancelot, mostly taking blinks or croaks as a yes or no for what frogs to choose for breeding.

LJ: Their roles!
LJ: I want to learn more about the titles
LJ: If who we are dictate our titles, then maybe I could learn more about how it works!
LJ: I was thinking about my own title
LJ: If I'm a knight of space, then that could mean that I'm a protector of space! That I'm sworn to serve space! But serving space itself seems kind of...abstract I guess

LJ: And if Jean is a prince of void, maybe it means he can rule over The Furthest Ring
LJ: It's just theories but
LJ: I think it's interesting! And maybe with focus, I could do more with the title and wield it to it's fullest potential
LJ: Aha...I'm looking at things through rose colored glasses again, aren't I?

=> Enter, Joel Anglint!
=> Be JS.

Rude. Instead of an INSULT, your name is actually JOEL ANGLINT, and you are pretty sure you are the SINGLE GREATEST CRAFTSMAN left alive. And that has nothing to do with the fact that you are the ONLY CRAFTSMAN left alive.

JS: please, jean.
JS: we're both strapping young lads who can be straight forward with each other.

JS: what do you have to say to me?

-

=> Be Lily.

SS: dude,

SS: i cant remember what my own title was.
SS: what makes you think i could possibly remember those dorks?
SS: listen,
SS: i dont think you should put much thought into it.
SS: it doesnt really matter in the long run

SS: it didnt help us.

=> Jean: uhhhh

JL: ah, cool then
JL: me and leto discovered some wild ass stuff related to our two sessions and how they work
JL: and also how to basically win the game and save your asses from podunk ass nowheresville
JL: all of that
JL: since uh, we're related
JL: i was totally right, not to toot my fuckin horn
JL: but it already tooted its way into the hearts of millions, earning the respect of one thousand liberachi's ghosts
JL: we have a plan, our sessions are related after all, and right now y'all gotta find out some way of getting out of your session since you know we're related now or whatever the fuck
JL: get your asses over here, and then we beat the shit out of some skull monster together
JL: family style

Heh. You doubt he'll believe any of what you're saying. But that's why you're going pretty hard into this. Maybe the more you talk about it the more he'll believe you? You don't really know. Getting people to embrace truth has never been a strong suit of yours really.

=>

Ah. You don't really know what you were expecting. This is still your Nan, a different version of her, but still her. A bit of panic wells up into your chest, anxiety taking over. Logic says that she isn't really YOUR Nan, that she has no real influence over you, but you still can't help but fear isolation at the slightest mistake.

LJ: Oh
LJ: I guess you're right
LJ: Sorry for bothering you SS

LJ: Hey Jean?
LJ: I love you by the way : (
LJ: I'm okay I just
LJ: Feel a little panicky for some reason so I thought I'd say something to you
LJ: To help me feel better
LJ: I think I'm still shaken up from earlier and am feeling sensitive
LJ: I hope everything is going okay for you
LJ: <3 : )

=> Leto: Hold frog

You hold Sir Lancelot, staring into his big weird eyes for a second as you try and ground yourself. He's kind of slimey. Ew.

You should probably do something more productive

=> Leto: Head upwards

You head upwards to the highest gate you can reach, Sir Lancelot cradled in your arms. You will protect this frog with your life. Should you leave him here while you go look for your denizen? Probably. Will you? No.

=> Frog Mountain
=> Jean: Ascend.

You reach the FIRST LAYER of your planet's ATMOSPHERE. Passing beyond the first layer of clouds you reach a much COLDER ENVIRONMENT, where a faint SNOWFALL is present. Not enough to not melt or anything, but still cold. The mountain reaches ever onward.

JS: sorry, but no.

JS: you're wrong.
JS: i hate to inform you that you have been misguided.

JS: you seemed like a reasonable fellow too.

-

=> Leto: Ascend.

You enter the SEVENTH GATE.

You land atop a MIGHTY TOWER by a RETURN NODE. There is no way out of this room except maybe a fast fall. Looking down you see a MASSIVE STRUCTURE just beneath the sea. Too bad you can't breath underwater.

SS: nah, its chill.

SS: just because im too busy being a badass to remember the fine details doesnt mean you have to be all depressing
SS: and hugging frogs like theyre your only friends

SS: which is weird, btw?

=>

JL: how are you so sure?
JL: like, how do you know that isn't what's actually what's happening here?
JL: because i sure as shit have some strong evidence supportin my claim

Looks like you're gonna have to done something warmer. You don your FAUX FUR LACED JEAN JACKET and continue your ascent. You even put on your respirator, knowing that eventually the air in the atmosphere will become far too thin for you to breathe normally without the help of some pseudo-magical device. The weird thing about alchemy based inventing is that half of the practicality is based on believing in its applicability to the situation.

JL: yeah?
JL: that....is cool, i guess
JL: love you too, blah blah blah
JL: why are you acting so anxious?
JL: did something happen with SS? i can always tell when you're being cagey

=> Leto: Go home

For only a short period of time, however. Specifically to alchemize something to allow you to dive into the water! Combining a FACE MASK from the hall closet and a SWIM DRESS to hopefully create a COOL DIVING DRESS so you don't drown.

LJ: Oh I'm sorry
LJ: For being depressing
LJ: My this is turning into a spiral isn't it?
LJ: I guess you're right though it is kind of weird

You leave Sir Lancelot in your room with a bowl of water to play in.

Sad part is, you don't really have any friends aside from Jean, so she isn't that far off.

LJ: : ( is it obvious
LJ: Yeah it's SS I guess
LJ: I'm really freaking myself out about the fact that she's my Nan
LJ: And I'm really embarrassing myself in front of her
LJ: And I know she doesn't actually but I feel like she still has authority over me
LJ: Even though she doesn't even know about that??
LJ: And she said my frogs were weird and that I was being depressing
LJ: I'm really messing it up : (

=> Stop being sad
=> Be Jean.

You keep climbing up.

JS: when you say 'skull monsters' i take it you are referring to the 'third session.'

JS: they're not the villains.
JS: you are.

JS: they're trying to repair what was broken and your session is the one trying to stop them.

-

=> Be Leto.

ALCHEMY sure is handy.

SS: ...

SS: look,
SS: being sad all the time aint gonna get you nowhere
SS: i thought you were the happy one anyway.
SS: so what if you play with frogs?

SS: you do you.

=>

Oh yikes. Maybe you should've tried for the other one. The far less annoying one. The one thats barely here. Though you honestly doubt if shes anything like this tool, it'd be kind of a fucking headache.

JL: yeah
JL: that sure is an interesting way of looking at this
JL: and just what exactly is your proof that theyre trying to fix dick
JL: and also, how are you gonna prove shit and make me actually believe you
JL: since this is coming from a guy who bullshited leto about a legendary sword that jill went to find
JL: when shes splashing around in the void with horrorterrors, probably looking for your chumpasses
JL: so ill give you.....
JL: lets say, three lines of text?
JL: and then ill just block your ass

JL: mhph
JL: yeah, i can sort of understand what youre talking about
JL: like, this guy is just a tool and i kind of dont give a shit about what he says
JL: but thats only because these guys arent cuz'
JL: and even then, that goober made sure i didnt die as much as i did him
JL: but anyway, just say you dont care as much as you actually do
JL: shes always gonna be some random kid who cant do shit to you
JL: in case youve noticed, youre leto medioen
JL: youve literally slain a dragon
JL: and soon, youre apparently gonna ascend past your echeladder
JL: youre untouchable, nan couldnt stop you no matter how strong you used to think she was

=> Leto: Return

You make your way back to the top of the tower, equipping the SWIMMING DRESS and your PARASOL.

LJ: : )
LJ: Thank you, Jean
LJ: You're right
LJ: It means a lot to me
LJ: I'm Leto Medioen!!!
LJ: I'm Leto fucking Medioen!!

You're probably going to regret that later.

=> Leto: Dive

Well, more like jump. Making sure you don't face-plant into the water, you open your parasol to slow your fall, only putting it back when you're almost in the water.

LJ: I'll try my best!

=> Faux pas
=> Be Jean.

JS: that was all a big...

JS: ... misunderstanding...?
JS: ...a faux pas on my part.

That's definitely not how you use that.

JS: and i'm sorry, but am i the one taking their advice from a crazy veil-person?
JS: our friend mr. ulfbarn jr. has been in those vents for so long he's forgotten who he was.
JS: so excuse me if i don't find his logic very sound.

JS: especially when it comes to telling you to beat up our only hope of survival.

You reach the edge of the FIRST ATMOSPHERE. You haven't actually been higher than this, but from what LETO tells you, the SECOND ATMOSPHERE is incredibly WINDY, and you might want to weigh yourself down before you head up.

-

=> Be Leto.

You dive into the depths.

Once you're below the sea, you can tell that it's NOT VERY DEEP. You can see the SEA FLOOR from here.

The large structure is a TEMPLE-LIKE MANSION, formed entirely from white and blue SALTS. A large ARCHWAY many times bigger than you lies at the front, acting as an open entrance.

=>

JL: thats not how you use that
JL: and how did that misunderstanding even come to pass, huh?
JL: and anyhow maybe i shouldnt trust people who lie to me, or keep secrets from me
JL: but oops, wait
JL: that is officially everybody except leto
JL: if you knew about him, why didnt you tell us either?
JL: by your account he at least gets a pass because hes crazy
JL: meanwhile, me and let have been sitting here with our thumbs up our asses spinning our wheels looking for answers
JL: all while you sit there and refuse to even tell us your names
JL: i cant believe jill had to ever deal with you, as your mother, daughter or recent trolling victim
JL: why do you even trust them yourself? feels kinda shitty that youre making me explain myself when you havent said shit about your motivations this entire time
JL: its always me and let, fighting monsters and exploring ruins and searching for clues
JL: at least you four have each other, me and let are the last family each other have

You equip your IRON BOOTS, looks like the winds picking up are too strong for your normal yo-yos. Fuck. You dig your heels (literally) into the mountain and with a massive swing plow the earthbreaker into the side of the mountain and use it as a climbing rope.

JL: sometimes im so weirded out by you
JL: like, how much you ask for help, when i already know that you can do it
JL: because youre the strongest person i know
JL: knock 'em dead, let

=> Leto: Enter

You descend, swimming your way through the entrance.

LJ: Aww
LJ: You're gonna make me cry
LJ: And I'm underwater so I don't know how that'd work...
LJ: But you're the strongest person I know!
LJ: I look to you a lot when I feel down because you're strong too
LJ: Do you want me to try and talk to whoever you're talking to?
LJ: Maybe a different approach could work...
LJ: Also I haven't told SS about the biology stuff because

LJ: I don't think she'll believe me?
LJ: That or I'm just too nervous to tell her : (

=> Be SJ
=> Be Jean.

You climb.

JS: i have it on good information that they are not our enemies.

JS: does a magic book of prophesied events suffice?
JS: and if you really want to know, my name is joel anglint.

JS: and i'm the only one who can help you see the error of your ways!

-

=> Be Leto.

You swim through the archway into a small empty chamber with a hole in the top. You breach through the surface of the water, now fully INSIDE the building. You take off your mask. This place is enormous, but your not alone. Echoes of distant bestial sounds come from deeper in the PALACE.

-

=> Leto: Be the other other guy.

You are now THE OTHER OTHER GUY.

You are so PUMPED FOR TODAY. Just a little while ago you were woken up by your FEARLESS LEADER and you decided to pass the message along to your friend LILY. Additionally, your other friend JOEL mentioned that he was talkng to that blue kid JEAN. You're glad everyone is finally becoming friends.

In your MOST ORANGEY MESSAGE YET, you send your third friend EB a message about SJ: How smoothly everything is going! She responds with a simple EB: It isnt. and tells you to tell Joel to STOP BEING SO WEIRD. She's got a point, so you head over to TYPHEUS'S PALACE to talk some sense into him.

==> [C] Enter name.

While you're on your way, you decide to let your name be guessed.

Seemed fun when Lily and Joel did it.

=>

JL: what a coincidence, i also happen to have that
JL: in the form of a few giant scrawls and notations
JL: written by an actual seer of time
JL: look, were related, shits breaking bad, i have a solution and im about to go face my denizen
JL: i cant force you to believe jack shit
JL: so, any tips for me and yaldabaoth?

JL: meh, i got it under control
JL: and mine doesnt believe me either
JL: i think they gitta come to the conclusion themselves

==> [C] DUDEGUY WHATPANTS

=> [C] COOLGUY AWESOMEPANTS

=> Leto: Press on

LJ: Hey, SS
LJ: You can not answer if you don't feel comfortable but
LJ: What was your grandma like?

LJ: If you're sure!!
LJ: I need to just make myself tell SS
LJ: She's going to know anyways
LJ: Wish me luck! Send me all of your cool guy vibes! : )

=> Enter, Stan Ulfbarn!
=> Be Jean.

JS: yes i know i'm your dad, i've known since the beginning.

JS: book of prophecies, remember?
JS: i just couldn't tell you until you figured it out for yourself.

JS: same reason i haven't told the others.

The cloud barrier for the THIRD ATMOSPHERE is just up ahead. You actually don't know what's up there, neither you nor Leto never made it that high. Light beams still pour from above, poking holes in the clouds.

-

=> Be Leto.

You continue.

You enter a smaller room where a ENORMOUS BRASS BELL hangs from the ceiling, but it's so large that it is only an inch off the ground. A rope hangs nearby, but even after putting all your weight on it, it still refuses to budge.

A pathway stands blocked by a METAL DOOR on the other side of the room.

SS: she was...

SS: lets call it *eccentric.*
SS: i mean she was old, but i dont think it was dementia that made her weird.

-

=> Be SJ.

Why thank you. But nah, that's not your name! Your name is STAN ULFBARN, and you are -and you don't mean to brag- one of the GREATEST GUITAR PLAYERS around, but that's only because you are the ONLY GUITAR PLAYER around.

You arrive at the PALACE OF THE DENIZEN, where JOEL sits at the SESSION TERMINAL watching JEAN climb a mountain, they both seem pretty peeved. Time to just sneak up and...

=> Be Joel.

JS: as for your denizen, you're going to die.

JS: yaldabaoth is one of, if not the most powerful denizens in the game.
JS: you don't st

You are cut off by being KNOCKED UNCONSCIOUS by being hit with a GUITAR in the back of your head. Stupid Stan and his stupid KO'ing musical instruments.

JS: Heh, sorry about that!

JS: Gimme a minute...

-- jimdandyScyphozoan [JS] has logged off! --

-- skyboundJehoshaphat [SJ] has logged on! --

SJ: There, that's better.

SJ: I'll be taking over for joel for a while.
SJ: what were you guys talking about?

=> Jean: breach

You feel the mighty winds blow you against the side of the mountain and just as easily torrentially threaten to rip you from the cliff's face as easily. You dig your heels in one last time, failing to respond to any of Joel's messages in time before he logs off. You heave your giant earthbreaker over and rip through the barrier. With a clang, it certainly lands somewhere. You begin to pull yourself up, trying to breach past the new barrier separating you from your end goal.

JL: .....
JL: hey
JL: what, uh.....what the fuck
JL: did you just hijack Joel's computer?
JL: we were kind of in the middle of something dude
JL: importantly talking about causal spoilers and some stuff to do with my denizen i'm about to face
JL: which, by the way, any tips?

JL: sending them now
JL: ah, shit
JL: this shitty archaic messaging service is too feeble for the sheer magnitude of the file i'd have to send to truly deliver ALL my cool guy energy
JL: all of it
JL: lol, good luck

=> Leto: Push the bell

LJ: I see....
LJ: Well uh
LJ: Funny story?
LJ: My last name just so happens to be Medioen....can you relate or
LJ: Heavens I'm bad at this
LJ: So to my understanding we're?? Related???

LJ: Don't worry, just the thought counts ; P
LJ: love you Jean : )

=> For whom does the bell toll?
=> Be Jean.

You pass beyond the clouds and enter the THIRD ATMOSPHERE of LOSAS. It's not cold here, there is a warmth that fills your whole being. The air is only a light breeze as a the LUMINOUS BEAMS OF LIGHT are omnipresent, many being dispersed as they hit the clouds below.

The MOUNTAIN'S SUMMIT lies just ahead, a massive RED PALACE lies before you, bearing the symbol of THE SUN.

SJ: Oh, sorry.

SJ: Eb sent me over to 'switch out' with him.
SJ: Your denizen?
SJ: I'd suggest hitting as hard as you can as the first blow.

SJ: That's how i took down hemera.

-

=> Be Leto.

You push the bell with all your might.

Turns out your might isn't very much, as it DOESN'T BUDGE.

SS: ...

SS: we're related.
SS: really.

=>

JL: just.....kill it huh
JL: i feel like that's kind of stupid?
JL: like, violence has been my jam this whole fucking time
JL: no doubt, it's super easy to go around fucking killing shit
JL: and not thinking about the consequences
JL: but you'd have thought that i would've learned more about my quest or title or some shit
JL: guess i just didn't because i was so late, and things were so fucked up
JL: but i feel....a little nervous?
JL: like, this is penultimate final boss shit, i feel like as soon as i get over there he's gonna wreck my shit
JL: like what joel was saying....he was a raving douche for a while and i don't mind talking to you instead
JL: but like, it feels like i'm about to die
JL: i haven't done anything important yet, like, solve some weird world puzzle or defeated a really strong enemy? well, technically i've defeated a bunch
JL: but it feels off

You walk into the giant red palace nestled into the summit. You feel unease but still continue onward. The good thing about the new tranquility of the final third level of the planet is that you're at least not dreading any encounters before facing yogurtboner or whatever the hell his name is.

=> Leto: Tap

This is going to mess up your parasol, but who cares? You can alchemize another.

You tap the side of the bell, hoping to create some sort of sound with it.

LJ: Yes
LJ: To my understanding
LJ: Is your last name not Medioen?
LJ: If this is all true, that makes you my Nan
LJ: I'm sorry it probably sounds crazy
LJ: But I believe it, personally.

=> Knell.
=> Jean: Enter.

You enter the DENIZEN'S PALACE, home of the beast YALDABAOTH.

A SEALED DOOR stands on the other side of the room, while a MASSIVE GRAMOPHONE lies in the center. It has a place for a RECORD of some kind. A CARDBOARD BOX of RECORD SLEEVES lie below, but they're all EMPTY.

SJ: I know what you mean.

SJ: All of use fought our denizens, but when i did it felt wrong.
SJ: Like i was making some kind of mistake.
SJ: ...
SJ: Maybe you should try talking to them?

SJ: Hemera was trying to tell me something but i wasn't listening.

-

=> Leto: Knell.

You tap the bell, creating the tiniest sound. What the hell, go big or go home. You reel back with everything you have and...!

BONG.

You smash the WEATHERBANE on the side of the BELL, releasing a powerful noise that echoes through the land. Everywhere CRYSTAL SALT resonates and SHATTERS, freeing the LAND OF SOLACE AND FROGS of it's saline shackles.

A roar is heard from deep beneath the ground, and the DOOR OPENS.

SS: eh, why not.

SS: its not really that hard to buy,
SS: after all,
SS: we look *suspiciously* similar.
SS: and you are kinda weird like her.

SS: no offense.

=> Jean: check for record

Huh. No record huh? You search around a little, walking on the gramophone and wondering how youre supposed to open the door by playing it.

...you could try setting it on fire.

JL: but why didnt you?
JL: why did all of you just kill them?
JL: oh fuck, another puzzle
JL: you know i keep feeling like a total douche when i ask for puzzles and get one, and immediately resent it
JL: fuck, maybe i shouldve found a record somewhere on my planet?

Last edited:
=> Leto: Pass through

You continue you after recovering from the noise, a feeling of fear growing in your stomach as you hear the roar.

You don't let it stop you, though.

LJ: None taken : )
LJ: You remind me of my own Nan some
LJ: Although...I'm pretty sure you two wouldn't get along, despite being alternate versions of each other
LJ: Nan can't stand swearing or anything she deems as rude
LJ: She's very firm in her beliefs
LJ: But anyways, you and SJ are my biological parents.
LJ: My understanding is it's similar to how I was breeding frogs earlier
LJ: Using genetic data to create new entities
LJ: So even if you've never even seen SJ, it still applies.
LJ: EB and JS are Jill and Jean's biological parents.
LJ: Ah, I hope I'm making sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back