• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
=> Jean: tap

You tap at the back of your head. Trying to clear your mind as you fly through dozens of purple spires and rush to fond the dream towers where you and your genetic ecto sister wouldve resided in better times. Before your grisly murder.

JL: ok.....lets not responding
JL: bad sign
JL: but she couldnt have died....
JL: she was probably on the crypt thing, right?
JL: fuck, im being paranoid
JL: anyway....soo.....just totally fucking nailed it
JL: totally ascended and am now the dude of asshole pants now i guess
JL: or, prince of void, ig
JL: i should talk to yaldabaoth....but uh, i actually feel like taking a stab at that black queen
JL: maybe pay her back for that bullshit she pulled with killing my dream self, or at least one of her agents....
JL: fuck, the agents, maybe they killed Leto?

=>

The sound of your brother's voice cuts through your sobs. Your head snaps up, taking way longer than it should to process his presence. You can't even begin to describe the way you feel, everything from before feeling like it disappeared but came back with ten times the emotional force.

Unable to stop yourself in any capacity, you leap up and throw yourself into your brother's arms, face tucked into his shoulder as you try to speak through sobs

LETO: S-Seth...?
LETO: How are you...
LETO: You're....

Unable to form many words, you instead hold him as tightly as you can until your body forces your tears to stop.

=> Be EB
=> Be Leto and Seth.

He hugs you back.

SETH: It's good to see you again

An embrace is shared between siblings, reunited at last.

=> Jean: Be the other other girl.

You are now THE OTHER OTHER GIRL.

As a hero of BREATH, you are more familiar with the NARRATIVE MEDIUM in which your story dwells than others; As such, you are currently FLIPPING THROUGH FEEDS on the SESSION TERMINAL to piece together what is happening in the FIRST SESSION. Yes, you knew of your session before theirs, so to you it shouldn't be called that, but you KNOW BETTER.

JEAN'S and LETO'S FEEDS are not just blacked out, but are SHATTERED, a symbol of ASCENSION. More interestingly, one of the other two blacked out feeds are SHATTERED AS WELL. Seems the SEER is back in the game.

EB: Leto's fine, seems Seth is too.

EB: But you won't be if you try to take on the Black Queen.
EB: You're kind of alone right now, if you hadn't noticed.
EB: And you're talking about fighting one of the final bosses.
EB: You're only on the first of the God Tiers.

==> [C] Enter name.

You already have one, and you know they won't guess it, but you might as well complete the pattern one last time.

=> Jean: rage

JL: eugh
JL: im so fucking tired of this
JL: im tired of waiting around
JL: and doing nothing
JL: leto just died, and so did i
JL: ive been brickwalled by this stupid session for two weeks
JL: i wasnt strong enough to do jack shit then and im apparently still not strong enough????
JL: how many times am i gonna have to watch leto die?
JL: how many times am i not gonna be able to do anything to help anyone?
[/COLOR]

You are starting to flip your shit again. Unsurprisingly. Though as thoughts of rage fill your mind and you lose yourself in thwm. You begin to listen to those faint voices you heard earlier.

What are they even saying?

=>

You allow yourself to remain in your brother's arms, if only for a moment. The tears begin to stop, leaving a broken girl in their wake.

Hesitantly, you pull back from Seth to try and wipe your own tears. Taking a moment to catch your breath, you try and calm yourself to some degree.

LETO: You're here
LETO: You're alive...
LETO: Um...do you remember what happened before now?
LETO: I-I can explain if you need me to...
LETO: Oh! I haven't even gotten to properly introduce myself.
LETO: I am Leto Medioen! It's a pleasure to finally meet you...again.
LETO: I know we've technically met before but I can't be rude!

You try to give a small curtsy, realizing you aren't wearing a skirt, then quickly turning it to a bow.

=> [C] MYSTERIOUS LASSIE

Last edited:
=> Enter, Joan Tamwood!
=> Be Leto and Seth.

SETH: Mostly, yeah

SETH: I... I kinda went crazy there for a while
SETH: Sorry

He extends his hand to her.

SETH: Seth Ulfbarn

SETH: It's good to be back

=> Be Jean.

You pause for only a second, allowing the whispers to become clearer as you turn your gaze to the FURTHEST RING.

The NOBLE CIRCLE OF HORRORTERRORS speak to you, they want you to help them. There is a VERY ANNOYING CHILD bothering them to NO END.

You must pick them up on your WAY OUT.

=> Be EB.

Yeah, no. Your name is JOAN TAMWOOD, and you are EXTREMELY TIRED. Leading Lily, Stan, and Joel is a monumental task for just one kid, after all. They aren't exactly the best at being a cohesive unit.

You are at the present moment DEEP BENEATH the LAND OF CABLES AND COPPER -Stan's planet- at the LAIR OF HEMERA. You can no longer view the FIRST SESSION anymore, as a terrible VOID has DESTROYED your vision. Heh, wordplay.

Seems JEAN is having some issues.

EB: Dude, calm down.
EB: I know what it's like, we've been playing for months.
EB: And we haven't been able to do much of anything while we waited for you two to play.
EB: You can't be mad that you can't beat one of the hardest bosses super early.

EB: Kind of a dick move.

That kid needs to ==> Chill out.

Jean calms down a little.

=-> Jean: rage a little less

JL: almost as much of a dick move as using your god tier powers to manipulate me into....
JL: into being....wait, shut up
JL: holy fuck
JL: holy fuck jill
JL: holy shit!!!
JL: ha! hahaha!!!!

You were originally going to be a little more MAD, or at least try your hardest after being underhandedly becalmed from an unexpectant rage. Who does this girl think she is after all? Leto Meidoen? What a laugh. But something distracts you from your rage and recurrent aggression which manifests as your only means of expressing your recent tinge of grief and overwhelming sadness. Something horrible terrible.

You proceed to be REALLY BAD AT BEING A COHESIVE UNIT yet also pretty OK at being a cohesive unit as you look into the depths of what can only be described as true horror and let the whispers the noble circle pierce your brain. Ha.....hahah, holy shit. There's only one annoying kid missing from this arduous narrative. And you know exactly where she is.

JL: ok fine, dick move
JL: whatever, it's cool, i'm an asshole, this has been established
JL: i found her, i can hear them
JL: i need to get to yaldabaoth to tell him i did it
JL: fuck, it'll take forever to fly there

Last edited:
=> Leto: Take Hand

You take Seth's hand in yours, realizing you can float up.

LETO: It's okay
LETO: I'm just glad you're here : )
LETO: I
LETO: Need to find Jean...
LETO: The last time he saw me was when I was dead
LETO: Or is there something we need to do here first?
LETO: I'll shoot him a quick message regardless.

LJ: Hey
LJ: I'm alive and okay...
LJ: I'm sorry for not responding
LJ: But Seth is here with me so I was distracted
LJ: I also had an emotional breakdown
LJ: But that's besides the point
LJ: Are you doing okay? : (

=> Dawn of the Final Day
=> Jean: Fly.

You fly as fast as you can toward the LAND OF SHINE AND STRATA.

As you pass through the VEIL, something strange begins to happen, the various METEORS begin slowly picking up speed and heading straight for SKAIA.

EB: Jill?

EB: You found her?
EB: How?

=> Seth: See.

SETH: Give me on second

You let go of here hand and float in place for a moment. You haven't done this in ALMOST 4 YEARS, so you're a little rusty, but it's worth a shot. You let the FUTURE BE OPEN TO YOU as your mind expands to the full BREADTH OF TIME. Vibrant red energy crackles around you while you closes your eyes. The Seer of Time PROGNOSTICATES.

You see something BAD.

SETH: Oh no

SETH: We have to get to our denizens as fast as possible
SETH: The Reckoning has started

To punctuate your point, a large GREEN DEFENSE PORTAL appears above SKAIA, protecting it from a METEOR that was about to CRUSH THE TWO OF YOU.

=> Leto: Escape.

Seth takes your hand again and begins flying the two of you into THE MEDIUM, where you break apart as he tells you to find ECHIDNA while he meets with HEPHAESTUS.

-

0,000,000,000:00:00:24:00:00 remains.

=> Jean: fuck

Well. Looks like the reckoning has started. You land atop your planets highest point, now able to bypass the gate system and make it straight to YALDABAOTH'S PALACE. You Land, you poofy asshole pants flapping widlly in the breeze before you settle in the serenity of the surrounding planet's atmosphere. You rush forwards, going into the elevator and taking the long way down to your planet's core.

JL: FUCK! let! you're still alive
JL: that's awesome to here
JL: holy shit, the meteors are picking up, i think the reckonings happening?
JL: are you ok? i think we need to start getting to our denizens?
JL: seth is ok? holy shit! so is Jill! I found her!

JL: i found her when i was on derse
JL: she's out there right now as she's been for the past couple years probably
JL: annoying the shit out of those red lobster assholes and maybe stalling for time?
JL: ......maybe she's been asking them to hold out the reckoning using dark magic?
JL: nah, that sounds fucking stupid

=> Leto: Bargin with the beast

You move as quickly as you can to Echidna, fidgeting with your hands as you await your arrival. As soon as you exit, you rush to Echidna and inform her of your acension and Seth's revival.

LJ: Yes, that's the reckoning.
LJ: Seth did a time thing and says we need to get moving with our plans. He went to talk to his denizen and I am as well
LJ: Also! That's excellent news!!! I can't wait to meet her : )
LJ: I suppose the gang is finally getting together
LJ: I can't wait to not be alone anymore
LJ: I want to see you guys again
LJ: Especially after dying two times in a row

=> Meeting the Denizens, Pt. 2
=> Be EB.

EB: Huh.
EB: Maybe there's hope for us aft

Jean's connection drops as he descends into the CORE. => Good luck, kid.

=> Be the Kids.

JEAN, LETO, and now SETH each descend into their lands, their Denizens lie in wait.

ECHIDNA offers the method to UNMAKE THE WORLD, her own QUILLS. The KNIGHT proceeds down the walkway where a CHEST lies; inside are the QUILLS OF ECHIDNA.
The SEER speaks to HEPHAESTUS, unsure of their purpose here. The BLAZING BEAST offers a REKINDLING of MIND AND BODY. A way to REFORGE THE SEER. They accept.

The KNIGHT and the SEER return to their homes, their connections RESTORED.

But YALDABAOTH offers one final trial that must be faced, the PRINCE will have to slay the beast to claim their reward. To free the DATA stored in LOSAS'S CORE.

=>

You are now LETO and JEAN again.

=->

This isn't good. Just like Joel had said, this is the strongest Denizen of them all. And you get a feeling that Yaldabaoth wouldn't run around challenging you if he didn't mean business. Is it his goal to kill you? You've already ascended to godhood, but you were told of the low level you've reached in your endeavor. You hold up you head, staring directly at the sun as it blares down at you. Its hisses have already been spoken, it has no more words to say.

You will have to do this then. You will have to risk you semi-mortality for the sake of your sister who lies trapped of what is possibly her own volition in the furthest ring while your session is in stasis. Unable to be won, and certainly unwinnable on the other end of the scratch. You deploy one of your Yo-Yos. Well, even if you die, you suppose you will die HEROICLY.

=-> Jean: STRIFE!

You lunge at your Denizen.

=->

You return to the manor, sitting on your bed as you message Seth.

LJ: Hi!
LJ: Sorry to bother you so soon
LJ: I have secured the quills!
LJ: While we wait for Jean to return, I'm going to try and get a hold on my powers.
LJ: As a knight of space, I believe that to mean I defend space and defend with space
LJ: So maybe I can use the space around me for defense, whether it be in the form of creating a literal shield out of a meteor or transporting my enemies out of the way
LJ: What do you think?

=-> Leto: Try and create a portal to the kitchen

What if you could just...

=-> One more mark now.
=-> Leto: Space.

You tap into your AWAKENED COSMIC POWERS.

My god, you did something...!

=-> Leto: 0_0

You have TELEPORTED a LOAF OF BREAD from your KITCHEN into your hand.

LL: That's great
LL: We'll be able to scratch soon

LL: Well that all sounds like some advanced powers
LL: I've had my foresight before I even played the game

LL: I had to hone my abilities before I could see past the immediate future

You might need to rise higher in the GOD TIERS before you get the more POWERFUL ABILITIES.

Last edited:
=> Jean: Void

You lunge forward at the Demiurge, who is as always, pretty horny for combat. You're immediately enveloped in an engulfing stream of LASERS which threaten to burn your body asunder. But you luckily deflect most of the critical damage with your Yo-yos! You dual wield the instruments of warfare as you zipline throughout the area, careening upward or down using their ropes until you find yourself mid-air, a fist connecting right to Yaldabaoth's smug face.

=-> Jean: STRAIGHT DOWN THE ELEVATOR

You continue to inflict more and more damage, grinding on the giant monsters body and fending off stream against stream of MASSIVE LASER SURGE upon your body. You throttle his serpentine form, curled around the innermost layer of your planet's core. You run up the length of his spine, charging forth and going for a slam with your earthbreaker, until you are met with a full BREATH ATTACK of lasers, sending you crashing into the floor of the core chamber.

=-> Jean: WALK THE DENIZEN

Needless to say, this goes on for a little while. Fucker's hard to kill! But you are still standing. You deploy your RUBYO-YO's, two red instruments of destruction alchemized with the finest elements. And with a final maneuver, you sling them around a variety of stalagtites and mites, roping around the mass of your Denizen, until with one last surge of man-grit, you pull it nice and taught.

=-> Jean: AROUND THE CORNER

The rock formations above you come crashing down as the wires snap forward and begin to coil around Yaldabaoth's form. In addition to being rather LARGE as he already is, he is now immeasurably immobile! He takes the brunt of the cave in as a massive avalanche of rock falls upon him. Your yo-yos coil back into your palms, and you collapse to you knees. Incredibly battle worn.

=-> Leto: Munch

You munch on some of the bread, proud of yourself.

LJ: Oh...I see
LJ: But I managed to do something!!
LJ: I teleported bread from my kitchen : )
LJ: I'm going to try and teleport myself into the hallway...
LJ: I do hope that Jean is okay
LJ: It's taking a little while...

=-> Leto: Teleport to the hall

=> 4x
=-> Be Leto.

You fail to TELEPORT YOURSELF.

You just aren't there yet.

LL: I'm sure he's fine
LL: He seems pretty resilient

=-> Be Jean.

You press onward, exhausted and drained from the battle. You walk down a long narrow path where a single CHEST lies in wait. You open it. Two KERNELS OF LIGHT AND DARKNESS fly out of the chest, hurtling at impossible speeds towards PROSPIT and DERSE.

=-> First Session: Prototype.

The FIRST SESSION has been restored to 4x PROTOTYPING.

Everywhere, various BUGLIKE traits begin manifesting on UNDERLINGS, while a FOURTH PLANET'S GATES return.

The GATES above JEAN'S APARTMENT now connect to JILL'S PLANET.

=-> Jean: rise up

You rise from the planet's core. Bidding Yaldabaoth adieu as you sail over to your house. You message Leto along the way, unsure of what to do.

JL: hey
JL: let
JL: just......kicked yaldabaoth's ass
JL: i think that's all there really is to say on the matter
JL: uh.....how's it goin' with you?
JL: since i guess the reckoning's starting
JL: what are we gonna do?

=->

LJ: I'm glad you are well then!
LJ: I have secured Echidna's quills
LJ: Seth has spoken with his denizen
LJ: So I suppose we should see about the frog shinanagins
LJ: Then secure a ship from Derse
LJ: Then start the scratch
LJ: But we should consult Seth on it first
LJ: Come over to the manor! I'll ask Seth to come over as well so we can group and plan from there

LJ: Jean has returned
LJ: Come over to the manor so we can regroup and plan our next move! : )

You must be a great hostess.

=-> Leto: Make snacks

=->

JL: i guess?
JL: i mean, i really don't have much else to do
JL: but i feel like we should be doing something more proactive than sitting around for tea
JL: since the reckonings about to happen
JL: and we went through all of that trouble to save skaia from being unviable
JL: omw

You use the gates and find yourself in Leto's Land.

=> Tea time with the Medioens
=-> Kids: Tea time.

Shortly after Jean arrives at Leto's home, Seth appears. The three of them sit in the DEN, various snacks laid about in advance.

SETH: So

SETH: I've been looking into the future to see what's next, and how much time we can afford to spend
SETH: And I have a good estimation of when we need to be doing what with our 23-ish hours left

Seth breaks down his BATTLE PLAN.

SETH: Stage one is simple

SETH: We'll need to level-grind
SETH: A lot
SETH: Starting a Scratch isn't easy, so we'll need to be prepared

SETH: Creating stronger weapons will help with that

Seth ponders several NOTES he is carrying.

SETH: I've also read through some of the notes I...

SETH: The Cherub left me
SETH: We need to get whatever treasure that Jill's Denizen has
SETH: So you two will need to head to the Land of Bugs and Angels while I take over Frog Breeding
SETH: The last frog isn't anywhere in the Medium, it's somewhere in Earth's past
SETH: I'm the most well equipped to find it
SETH: Afterwards we head back to Derse and meet with a person Jill knew a while ago and get a ship from them

SETH: They ask for high prices, so who knows what they'll have us do

He pulls out a STOPWATCH.

SETH: After all of that, I estimate we'll have about an hour left to scratch the game

SETH: This is also taking into account sleep
SETH: Because we've all been up for a while now, and I don't know about you but I am exhausted

SETH: Revivification really takes it out of you

=->

LETO: Hehe! Yeah I'm quite tired too! Physically and emotionally!
LETO: If you can take over frog breeding, that's great! Just please let me know if you need any help!
LETO: If either of you want to go ahead and get some rest, please do!
LETO: I'm going to focus on a bit of level grinding in Jill's land so I can figure out the layout and find the denizen at the same time!
LETO: Multitasking! I would say two birds with one stone but that's mean to the birds.
LETO: Thank you for figuring all of this out, Seth. Words cannot describe how happy I am to have you back!
LETO: Let's get to work you two!
LETO: You're both welcome to stay as long as you'd like!

You give the two a warm smile, clapping your hands together before returning upstairs to alchemize more powerful weaponry.

=-> Jean: alchemize

JEAN: hm
JEAN: i guess i should help let out?
JEAN: with let i mean, kind of a dick move to just let all this go down without lending a hand
JEAN: since we do need to find jill's denizen, and two heads are better than one
JEAN: or i could head back to derse and try and get that guy
JEAN: make it easier on all of us to find a way out of her

After concluding your conversation you head up and make some LETHAL WEAPONRY alongside Leto. You both are now thoroughly santa.

=> LOnA#
=-> Leto & Jean: Perform Alchemy.

Using your now UNLIMITED RESOURCES from your Denizen's GRIST HOARDS, you make POWERFUL, PSEUDOLEGENDARY WEAPONS.

Meanwhile, SETH decides to take a nap on LETO'S COUCH after sending a couple messages to some FAMILIAR FRIENDS.

=-> Leto & Jean: Travel to LOBAA.

You pass through the GATE SYSTEM until you finally reach JEAN'S SECOND GATE [LAND], now redirected to JILL'S SECOND GATE [HOME].

You arrive in the MIDDLE OF THE SKY, as there is NO BUILDING BENEATH YOU. Thankfully for your powers of flight, this poses no danger to you. As you look at the ground below, there is only an ENORMOUS PILE OF RUBBLE, enough material to reach the SEVENTH GATE. You look at the planet.

The LAND OF BUGS AND ANGELS isn't what you thought it would be; It is a BLEAK, DESOLATE LANDSCAPE, where GOTHIC ARCHITECTURE stands in the horizon, forlorn and EMPTY. You might imagine ANGELS flying throughout the sky, but there is NOTHING. Nothing at all. Jill's land may have returned to the chain, but it is BARREN.

It is now LOnA#.

it is now the LAND OF n/a AND #ERROR!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back