Chitchat Chat for hockey fans

I guess so lol. Just so glad the Bolts took it in the end. I hate the Rangers, their players, and their awful fan base more than I dislike Tampa. Also glad that Rangers didn't take the Bolts to a game 7, so at least the Isles can say we took them to game 7 in the ECF back in 2021.
Makes sense with you being a Isles fan. I don’t care who wins since I’m not a fan or even mildly care for any of the teams that were left. but was hoping the Bolts would lose, just to improve the odds of having a new champ. Otherwise I don’t have a team I’d root for either way.

Makes sense with you being a Isles fan. I don’t care who wins since I’m not a fan or even mildly care for any of the teams that were left. but was hoping the Bolts would lose, just to improve the odds of having a new champ. Otherwise I don’t have a team I’d root for either way.
Yea, makes sense why you're not too invested in this series. As a Flames and Wild fan, I don't see what you really have to cheer for tbh. Maybe against the Oilers but now they're gone so I guess it just doesn't matter lol.

But, I must say, I am VERY happy with the way things ultimately ended up turning out, as an Isles fan, lol.

Yea, makes sense why you're not too invested in this series. As a Flames and Wild fan, I don't see what you really have to cheer for tbh. Maybe against the Oilers but now they're gone so I guess it just doesn't matter lol.
Yeah nothing at all in all honesty. Hoping next year will have some eastern conference teams I like make the playoffs. Haha

But, I must say, I am VERY happy with the way things ultimately ended up turning out, as an Isles fan, lol.
Nice. A positive there for you haha

Yeah nothing at all in all honesty. Hoping next year will have some eastern conference teams I like make the playoffs. Haha

Nice. A positive there for you haha
Yea, hoping for a better situation in the playoffs next year haha. Preferably the Flames, Wild, and Isles making it.

That would be awesome! Haha.
For sure.

In other news, I'm a few games into the season now (my 8th year in BAP) with my new New York Islanders team and the coach promised me that I was promoted to captain, yet I still am not the captain and I haven't been promoted yet. I'm ok with that tho, since it's more realistic, but I must say I am surprised that I was lied to by the coach and he said I was promoted to captain. Typically in the NHL games (like NHL 21 I know), they promote you to captain of your new team immediately upon being traded, unrealistically.

Guess they lied to me like I lied to Seattle Kraken media lmao. So yea, not wearing the C on my jersey this year or even an A. Dennis Gurianov is still the Islanders captain here in this universe. I am not the captain of the Islanders. Wondering who took over the Kraken captaincy from me, if anyone.

For sure.

In other news, I'm a few games into the season now (my 8th year in BAP) with my new New York Islanders team and the coach promised me that I was promoted to captain, yet I still am not the captain and I haven't been promoted yet. I'm ok with that tho, since it's more realistic, but I must say I am surprised that I was lied to by the coach and he said I was promoted to captain. Typically in the NHL games (like NHL 21 I know), they promote you to captain of your new team immediately upon being traded, unrealistically.

Guess they lied to me like I lied to Seattle Kraken media lmao. So yea, not wearing the C on my jersey this year or even an A. Dennis Gurianov is still the Islanders captain here in this universe. I am not the captain of the Islanders. Wondering who took over the Kraken captaincy from me, if anyone.
I think I’ve seen that same thing before might of been with my Wild BAP. Though I was fine with too, rookie going into year two and having Spurgeon as the well known Captain, I had no issue with it either though. Made sense and didn’t really want to take the C from Spurgeon. A Alternate perhaps but doesn’t appear to be a option in nhl 22. But idk for sure with my limited time and exp with the game plus being out of the series for years til late 22.

But yeah surprising for sure. Possibly a simple glitchy ordeal perhaps? Idk. Odd though. Would be interesting to see, yeah, replacing a long or semi long tenure pending your version of time but seeing who replaced you as the new C on the Kraken will be interesting. But wow, the guy from the Stars is the Isles captain hey? Interesting.

I think I’ve seen that same thing before might of been with my Wild BAP. Though I was fine with too, rookie going into year two and having Spurgeon as the well known Captain, I had no issue with it either though. Made sense and didn’t really want to take the C from Spurgeon. A Alternate perhaps but doesn’t appear to be a option in nhl 22. But idk for sure with my limited time and exp with the game plus being out of the series for years til late 22.

But yeah surprising for sure. Possibly a simple glitchy ordeal perhaps? Idk. Odd though. Would be interesting to see, yeah, replacing a long or semi long tenure pending your version of time but seeing who replaced you as the new C on the Kraken will be interesting. But wow, the guy from the Stars is the Isles captain hey? Interesting.
It must be a glitch or something or at least a more new realistic update where you don't immediately take the captaincy upon being traded. Dennis Gurianov has been the Islanders captain for like ever in this universe, so he's been tenured as their captain for a while now, so it would 100% make sense irl why I'm not getting the C. It's just a bit odd tho that the coach lied to me and said I was going to be the captain but I wasn't actually promoted. They gave me the lying treatment I gave the media I guess lmao. Or at least that's what all of my friends suspect.

It must be a glitch or something or at least a more new realistic update where you don't immediately take the captaincy upon being traded. Dennis Gurianov has been the Islanders captain for like ever in this universe, so he's been tenured as their captain for a while now, so it would 100% make sense irl why I'm not getting the C. It's just a bit odd tho that the coach lied to me and said I was going to be the captain but I wasn't actually promoted. They gave me the lying treatment I gave the media I guess lmao. Or at least that's what all of my friends suspect.
Yeah DG makes sense if he’s been there so long. But yeah true, gotta be something like that with nhl 22.

2 scores already for avalanche!! And it's only the first! MY DADS SCREAMING LIKE NO OTHER I'm watching in my room while my dad is down stairs. I'm pretty sure I heard something break XD

LOL yea the Avs are playing really well. If I was an Avs fan I would be screaming too.

Oh ya that's true forgot about that. Oh shit that's right I NEED TO GO SHOPPING FOR A AVALANCH WATCH PARTY I TOTALLY FORGOT I WAS SO FOCUSED ON TONIGHTS GAME...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back