Chitchat Chat for hockey fans

Ya it's gonna be great. This weekend there's gonna be 10 people over. We're gonna make sloppy Joes. Home made cheese dip. And all sorts of food. We're gonna buy snack trays and fruit trays. Of course ya gotta have beer and rum!

Oh that sounds amazing. As a neutral fan, no one I know is having any sort of a watch party so for me, I'll be chilling and watching the games at home with my dad, which is fine.

But seriously, sounds like a lot of fun and some good food! : D Enjoy that! And hell yea, gotta have that beer at a hockey game watch party- especially for the Stanley Cup finals!

Oh that sounds amazing. As a neutral fan, no one I know is having any sort of a watch party so for me, I'll be chilling and watching the games at home with my dad, which is fine.

But seriously, sounds like a lot of fun and some good food! : D Enjoy that! And hell yea, gotta have that beer at a hockey game watch party- especially for the Stanley Cup finals!
Hope you have fun too.

He'll ya beer and rum. I'm more of a rum drinker. I like my alcohols straight and hard. But I only take small shot glasses of them. Everything in moderation

Thanks! : D

Nice! I must admit I'm not much of a drinker, but it is undoubtedly an essential part of a big sports game watch party. And of course, yea, everything in moderation. : )

Interesting game last night, only saw bits and pieces during league but saw the final score in OT.

Also saw over the past few days about Vegas picking up Cassidy as their new Head Coach. While Philadelphia just tabbed John Tortorella as their new Head Coach. (Kinda makes sense for Philly based off what I’ve heard about what they are looking for coach wise. He might have it rough though for awhile.)

I saw Torts got hired to Philly. Lmao that should be fun. Looking forward to some entertaining press conferences lmao. He was quite the personality. Philly is screwed lol. I heard Trotz actually turned down a huge deal to coach the Flyers too, so that was nice to see. Glad Barry won't be going to the Flyers.

I’m not expecting anything from Philly. Although I’m sure Tortorella will do what he can with what ever he’s given to work with during his time there. but should be interesting to see none the less. If they want defense… he should be able to help them like he has elsewhere before now. A coach with personality can be pretty fun though haha. He will be one fo the reasons to watch Philly from time to time.

If I recall… Trotz and Tortorella are pals in RL, least if what I heard in a earlier segment on one of the hockey shows this season was true. I think it was around the time Lou pulled the rug and fired Trotz in a shock/dumb move and they Torts on to briefly talk his on it. Either way not too important but makes it interesting to see where Trotz ends up with Tortorella back behind the bench for this coming season atleast. Two pretty good coaches with a long history of coaching with pretty good success.

But am Glad Vegas didn’t grab either of those two.

Philly is doomed no matter what to be in the gutter tbh. I don't see even someone as amazing as Trotz turning them around (he probably knew this and it was probably a reason he turned them down tbh lmao).

But seeing Torts coach Philly is gonna be interesting since any hockey fan for a little while knows he has QUITE the personality lmao.

As for Torts and Trotz's relationship off the ice, that's interesting. I didn't know they were pals lol.

I'm glad Vegas didn't grab Trotz especially. They did go and pick up Bruce Cassidy who coached the Boston Bruins for the longest time tho.

Philly is doomed no matter what to be in the gutter tbh. I don't see even someone as amazing as Trotz turning them around (he probably knew this and it was probably a reason he turned them down tbh lmao).

But seeing Torts coach Philly is gonna be interesting since any hockey fan for a little while knows he has QUITE the personality lmao.

As for Torts and Trotz's relationship off the ice, that's interesting. I didn't know they were pals lol.

I'm glad Vegas didn't grab Trotz especially. They did go and pick up Bruce Cassidy who coached the Boston Bruins for the longest time tho.
Yeah as I already mentioned, I’m not expecting anything from Philly. Just saying I’m sure Tortorella will do what he can while there, rebuilds never keep coaches long for the most part. Tort though least will bring a history with him that’s been usually centered around defense and improving defenses. While having some success in each spot he’s been in for the most part. Won’t mean Philly will win much cause he’s coaching not actively playing. But least his personality and history will give Philly something to watch and maybe some hope during the doom and gloom era of the rebuild.

Based off the segment I saw it came off that way. I don’t follow people’s off ice business and etc, so I can only go off brief stuff like that or when it’s brought to my attention. But yeah, it’s interesting.

Yeah I saw that, BC going from Boston to Vegas doesn’t bother me much. One team I absolutely hate to another. Can’t argue with his results but just glad some coaches I like didn’t take the job or get offered the job and etc. I want to see Vegas fall off and fall hard. Probably won’t happen, but hoping it will.

Yea exactly. I think the most Torts will do is add some entertainment value to watching Philly play or the post game press conferences lmao.

But yes he does bring that history being such a decorated coach and hell, a Stanley Cup winning one back with Tampa in 2004.

Ah that's cool that a lot of these guys maintain such chill relationships with each other off the ice and away from the game.

LMAO EXACTLY. Going from one team I hate to another although I will admit, I'll miss him being mad at the Islanders in that playoffs run where we beat them and he named us the "New York Saints" (a play on the Islanders doing "no wrong" in the eyes of the refs because their players play a dirty game and get called by the refs like they should). BC will not be missed!

I want only destruction and not success for Vegas lmao.

Agreed haha. 1000% on this one.

Yeah very true and I definitely can recall those Tampa teams. A great career for him with a Cup too like you said. His days as the HC of CBJ were also really nice imo. Didn’t get far in the playoffs but had some nice success in Columbus and more appearances in the playoffs then not. Also a few memorable moments too while there.

Agreed

Lol. Talk about coach bias at its finest haha. Though I get it to a degree, but still. Also agreed, i don’t think he will be missed and hopefully he doesn’t take Vegas far at all. Vegas fans are bad enough as is and full of bandwagon jumpers. A headache living so close to them haha. I’d love to see Seattle as the latest expansion team build up and overtake them in the news and standings.

Absolutely! Haha. My state isn’t the biggest hockey town so to speak, but damn Vegas has picked up quite a few fans all the sudden since they entered the league. What NHL merch we get locally is pretty well dominated by Vegas merch. Though some places have Colorado and Seattle as well. But very little after those 3 teams.

Looking forward to the entertainment value.

Same with me, I was too young to really know what the hell was going on so I'm not even too familiar with the history there in Tampa, I just know he was a great coach, especially in Tampa and coaching that '04 cup winning team.

Oh yea, he was an angry man during the Bruins v Isles series. Going from one hated team, Boston, to an even more hated team, Vegas.

Yuck, bandwagoning Knights fans, we hate to see it lmao.

Interesting to see Colorado, Seattle, and Vegas merch all represented in your state lol.

Looking forward to the entertainment value.

Same with me, I was too young to really know what the hell was going on so I'm not even too familiar with the history there in Tampa, I just know he was a great coach, especially in Tampa and coaching that '04 cup winning team.

Oh yea, he was an angry man during the Bruins v Isles series. Going from one hated team, Boston, to an even more hated team, Vegas.

Yuck, bandwagoning Knights fans, we hate to see it lmao.

Interesting to see Colorado, Seattle, and Vegas merch all represented in your state lol.
Same here

Yeah agreed there.

Yeah haha. Gotta love it when the opposing coach goes off with little to stand on or bias drives them to ignore to fit their complaints. But yeah agreed, just one hated team to another.

Yeah agreed haha. The store associate mentioned the Vegas fans dropped a little in sales this year least locally cause of the playoffs being missed. AV’s went up cause of their run. But They (Vegas fans) will probably jump back on once they hit the playoffs again or start having any success early on. Hate to see it but it will happen lol.

It is for sure haha. It makes sense geographically but mildly was surprised the Coyotes had nothing at all in the store I was in. Not one item for sale haha. Cause they’d make sense too. But interesting to see what NHL teams and other sports get repped in my state where we don’t have a pro/major league level team. But was kinda shocked at how much Seattle gear we had already for the Kraken. Nice to see imo to counter all the Vegas stuff. But interesting overall. I’ll still have to order my player jersey online as far as I can tell as local stores just have blank jerseys in stock. But no big deal there. Didn’t expect any different tbh.

Same here

Yeah agreed there.

Yeah haha. Gotta love it when the opposing coach goes off with little to stand on or bias drives them to ignore to fit their complaints. But yeah agreed, just one hated team to another.

Yeah agreed haha. The store associate mentioned the Vegas fans dropped a little in sales this year least locally cause of the playoffs being missed. AV’s went up cause of their run. But They (Vegas fans) will probably jump back on once they hit the playoffs again or start having any success early on. Hate to see it but it will happen lol.

It is for sure haha. It makes sense geographically but mildly was surprised the Coyotes had nothing at all in the store I was in. Not one item for sale haha. Cause they’d make sense too. But interesting to see what NHL teams and other sports get repped in my state where we don’t have a pro/major league level team. But was kinda shocked at how much Seattle gear we had already for the Kraken. Nice to see imo to counter all the Vegas stuff. But interesting overall. I’ll still have to order my player jersey online as far as I can tell as local stores just have blank jerseys in stock. But no big deal there. Didn’t expect any different tbh.
Oh yea haha, it was an intense series for sure but the Isles fairly came out on top. Bruins just play a very dirty brand of hockey and because of it, they rightly get penalized (sometimes).

Makes sense about the Avs fans because of the run and sadly just the Vegas fans in general since ya know- band wagoning lol.

Hmm, I guess no Coyotes stuff just because they aren't good at all. Sucks, :/ No love for the Yotes lol.

Kraken stuff I guess makes sense since rn, they're the brand new franchise.

Oh yea haha, it was an intense series for sure but the Isles fairly came out on top. Bruins just play a very dirty brand of hockey and because of it, they rightly get penalized (sometimes).

Makes sense about the Avs fans because of the run and sadly just the Vegas fans in general since ya know- band wagoning lol.

Hmm, I guess no Coyotes stuff just because they aren't good at all. Sucks, :/ No love for the Yotes lol.

Kraken stuff I guess makes sense since rn, they're the brand new franchise.
Yeah those Bruins definitely have a dirty brand of hockey and should certainly be penalized for it. Makes sense. I’ve no doubts about just how intense it got with that series.

True. All agreed and known there. Haha

Yeah that’s also true. Sad Coyotes life though. They can’t get love with how bad they’ve been run and played over the years.

Agreed. Makes sense with that fact. They did have some pretty cool merch imo, they did really well with their team look and design along with the merch and colors. Far better then Vegas though bias plays a role there. But still pretty awesome either way.

My favorite part of hockey is watching the players duke it out when the referies allow fighting though if they are gonna allow fighting my question is why give them a penalty anyway?

Yeah those Bruins definitely have a dirty brand of hockey and should certainly be penalized for it. Makes sense. I’ve no doubts about just how intense it got with that series.

True. All agreed and known there. Haha

Yeah that’s also true. Sad Coyotes life though. They can’t get love with how bad they’ve been run and played over the years.

Agreed. Makes sense with that fact. They did have some pretty cool merch imo, they did really well with their team look and design along with the merch and colors. Far better then Vegas though bias plays a role there. But still pretty awesome either way.
Yea. I just remember that series being quite intense lol. Glad we won it tho. Good memories of an angry Bruce Cassidy lmao.

Yes lmao, poor Coyotes : (

Yea I can only imagine the amount of Vegas bias and bandwagoning in your state lol. Sucks. At least you cheer for two awesome and respectable franchises.

My favorite part of hockey is watching the players duke it out when the referies allow fighting though if they are gonna allow fighting my question is why give them a penalty anyway?
I guess it's just a part of the sport, but they don't wanna let the fighters back on the ice for a while so they make 'em sit down for 5 minutes.

Why? Is it to make sure they didn't get a concussion during the fight? XD

Or a serious injury?

If not then idk man.

Well I guess. It's more to show everyone like "we're gonna let you fight, but not gonna let the offenders stay on the ice when they're done. Plus, fighting takes a lot out of you, so the players need that five minute rest and break.

Gotcha. That makes sense. I'm still kinda new to hockey so I'm still figuring it out. Actually it's my first year getting into it.

Yea. I just remember that series being quite intense lol. Glad we won it tho. Good memories of an angry Bruce Cassidy lmao.

Yes lmao, poor Coyotes : (

Yea I can only imagine the amount of Vegas bias and bandwagoning in your state lol. Sucks. At least you cheer for two awesome and respectable franchises.
I bet lol.

Agreed haha.

Yeah that’s true, plenty of that here. Appreciated haha I would say I agree but obviously bias there as a fan of them. Same with you and the Isles though. Out of the eastern conference the Isles are one of the teams I can respect and not have issues with, pretty awesome history there. Haha. Will be interesting to see what they do this off-season besides the league as a whole.

I bet lol.

Agreed haha.

Yeah that’s true, plenty of that here. Appreciated haha I would say I agree but obviously bias there as a fan of them. Same with you and the Isles though. Out of the eastern conference the Isles are one of the teams I can respect and not have issues with, pretty awesome history there. Haha. Will be interesting to see what they do this off-season besides the league as a whole.
Certainly. And yea I appreciate that. And for me, I'd say the Wild and the Flames are very respectable teams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back