Chitchat Chat for hockey fans

Man, I feel bad for Gibson. Another 50+ shots against since returning from the break, Pittsburgh with 59, Florida put up 54 today. It’s feeling like a miracle he’s able to stay around .900 with his save percentage with how bad the Ducks defense has been for some time now. On one hand I’m glad the Ducks have Gibson but on the other, yikes. Him and Stolarz have had it rough in recent years. A constant 40+ night for Ducks goalies during this rebuild period. Both dudes could use a fresh start elsewhere and the young pair of goalies they have be brought up. Not sure if either have a desire to leave Anaheim, but pending on how long til this defense and rebuild takes to winning more games and defending way better… It’s gotta be a thought atleast for them.

I’m happy to see the Rangers struggling since those big moves. Haha. I’m sure they will eventually figure it out. But for now, I’ll be happy with this struggle while it lasts. Though basically I’ve been rooting for the underdogs in the eastern conference anyways but still. I was also happy to see the AV’s fall too in the west battle with the Stars.

I caught a bit of the Avs v Stars game on the TV while I was out to dinner. Great game by Dallas.

Oh believe me the Rangers will unfortunately figure it out soon lol. Only a matter of time. That team is stacked. Probably the best team on paper in the NHL now.

I caught a bit of the Avs v Stars game on the TV while I was out to dinner. Great game by Dallas.

Oh believe me the Rangers will unfortunately figure it out soon lol. Only a matter of time. That team is stacked. Probably the best team on paper in the NHL now.
Yeah great game by Dallas. They’ve had their moments of looking great this season.

Oh I’ve no doubts they will. Which is why I’m enjoying the present haha. I won’t go that far least for me but I can see why some would go that far. certainly a paper stacked team and strong on ice play when they put it together and play up to expectations and potential though.

Yeah great game by Dallas. They’ve had their moments of looking great this season.

Oh I’ve no doubts they will. Which is why I’m enjoying the present haha. I won’t go that far least for me but I can see why some would go that far. certainly a paper stacked team and strong on ice play when they put it together and play up to expectations and potential though.

One of the strongest teams in the west this year for sure.

Yep exactly lol

Binnington overreacting to a accidental clip by Hartman after a goal. Hit Hartman while he’s celebrating with the blocker to the face. JB really needs to get checked but that led to Fleury racing down and doing all he could to get some with JB. Almost another goalie fight in a game I’m watching this season and again….. refs block it quick. But this was even closer to happening, Damn. I’m losing respect for Binnington though more and more this year with his actions and history. He needs a serious checking with his attitude especially with this game. Wasn’t intentional at all by Hartman no need for that cheap blocker shot.

Also yea I have no respect for Binnington for how he acts. I’ve long lost it lol.

I saw that. AGAIN the refs preventing a goalie fight. :(

Such a shame.
Agreed! I was looking forward to seeing that goalie fight. Twice now I’ve almost seen it live and refs just won’t let it go. A shame for sure

Also yea I have no respect for Binnington for how he acts. I’ve long lost it lol.
Yeah understandable. In the past I usually caught Husso in net when watching the Blues play and just occasionally Binnington. But this season I’ve seen him more then last, though still think I’ve caught more Griess who I think has played decent all things considered and at times looked great. But regardless I’ve seen more of him when I’ve tuned into a Blues game. Yet still noticing JB’s acts more and more this year. Can’t recall if I’ve heard this much from his actions and attitude as much as I have this season. But still, either way it’s too much BS. Understandable why he’s losing respect from around the league of fans from what I see here and there on YT titles and online headlines.

I’m a big Husso fan so kinda biased, but yikes that’s been a tough loss on STL. Griess has been fine and at times has even looked great imo when watching him play and looking at his numbers while taking in all that the Blues have gone through this season with injuries and etc. but Binnington after that hot start is just getting too heated and feeding into his attitude rather then his actual play and potential play level when he’s on his game. It’s been ridiculous this season with JB.

Big disappointment.

And yea Binnington is just a whiny jerk. He’s played awful this year and has a bad temper and he takes it out on others. I dislike him, especially when he got all pissed at Ilya Sorokin one game.

Life is good - ish. Still looking for a new/second job after my hours were cut to unlivable Standards.

but in OHL news, David Branch is finally leaving!
Nice though tough on the unlivable hours situation. Good luck on the job front though!

Oh yeah, looked him up case I was thinking of another guy. But yeah he's definitely been around a very long time in the role.

Nice though tough on the unlivable hours situation. Good luck on the job front though!

Oh yeah, looked him up case I was thinking of another guy. But yeah he's definitely been around a very long time in the role.
Thanks!

But the OHL fanbase for the most part is pretty damn happy he’s leaving. He was useless.

The website I usually stream hockey is still down ;-; it’s been down for a year now
Oh that's certainly a downer. Tough break there.

Thanks!

But the OHL fanbase for the most part is pretty damn happy he’s leaving. He was useless.
👍

I've become more knowledgeable about the chl leagues in recent years and some teams I've come to like. But still plenty im unaware or just plain ignorant of during the curve. But that many years as commissioner is quite the term. However, if the fanbase is that happy about it for the most part anyway, I'm getting the picture of how bad it must have been getting.

A little harsh to call someone useless. I’m sure he had a very small role. Granted I don’t know this guy but I doubt he just stood there the entire game
If you’ve seen how OHL hockey has been as much as I have you’d say the same thing. He had his favourite teams which a commissioner should not have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back