• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Calling Danmei Lovers! Xanxia Interest Check

Lillian_4

intrepid explorer
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
About Me

-I am based in EST and 20+

-I have been role-playing for around 8 years now.

-I can write anywhere from semi-literate to novella, depending on how much I have been given to work with. On average, my regular posts tend to be a few paragraphs. However, I do find it difficult to write out longer responses if my partner hasn't given me much in the way of action or dialogue to work with, so please do give me ample material. At times, I do prefer shorter responses for a quick exchange with my partners, particularly if it is just a scene of our characters bantering back and forth.

-I am very fond of world-building and can come up with new characters at a drop of a hat. Most of my roleplays therefore introduces a very colorful cast of side-characters alongside with my main character.

-I am generally a very fast responder if our responses are shorter, but if we are writing more, it takes me longer to get a response out. I do have an office job with a 9-5, so during the days where I have a lot of work or have OT, I am less responsive and may not get a response out. However, for the most part, I can get several responses out a day to my partners.

- I am a sucker for tropes like found-family, enemies-to-lovers, and slow-burns. I am also fond of angst with a good dosage of hurt/comfort.

-I write both male and female muses, though at the moment, I am leaning towards male muses more and MxM pairings.

-I don't mind getting to know my partners better, but if you prefer to just get down to business and RP that's fine with me too!

Things I am looking for:

-Ages 20+

-Someone that can occasionally rapid-post with me (for example, sometimes I find myself extremely motivated and would like to go back and forth with my partner. There are times where I don't mind one-liners if it is in the form of our characters bantering/trading quick dialogue.)

-Writing in 3rd person perspective with decent grammar, I don't mind the occasional typo as I am also guilty of it now and then. I am looking for a partner with descriptive writing that evokes vivid imagery.

-Someone who wouldn't mind playing several side characters characters as I also will be doing.

-A partner that is willing to help drive the plot. I find that most RPs tend to stagnate if my partner is not also contributing to the plot or world-building.

-At minimum a daily post. Though I understand life does get in the way, so if you cannot post anything, just send me a quick message! I am generally able to get a few posts out per day, depending on how busy my day as been. Ideally someone who can occasionally trade a few replies in a day with me.

-Someone who uses digital art or anime for face-claims. Realistic face-claims make me uncomfortable.

-I am currently looking for MxM pairings, though I don't mind other pairings such as FxM or FxF for side characters.

-Someone hip to the wonders of Danmei!

-As this is a xanxia interest thread, someone with some knowledge of ancient chinese history/culture is preferred!

Plot Ideas
Two Enemies on a Narrow Road: This would follow a righteous sect cultivator and a demon sect cultivator. Any meetings between the two are only bound to bring on fighting, and it has, many time over the course of the years as newly inducted fledgling cultivators to their time as seasoned cultivators. This roleplay follows their initial meetings, a few scattered meetings in between then years, then settles into the present, where the two have become established cultivators within their respective sects. Suddenly, the cultivation world finds that there have been many cultivators from both sides going missing, prompting a widespread search, where the two enemies find themselves on the same path for answers.
Keywords: xanxia, enemies-to-lovers, rivals, different sects, horror, mystery, action, high fantasy, political intrigue, slow-burn, ancient china

The Long and Ever-winding Road: Cultivation is a long and ardurous process, with many failing to even reach the stage of immortality. Yet such a thing is made all the more bearable by the connections made along the way. This follows two cultivators from different sects on an collaborative night hunt learning they may just find a kindred spirit within one another. This one I have envisioned less of a structured plot and more of a chance to do character studies on some characters.
Keywords: xanxia, ancient china, slow-burn, political intrigue, slice-of-life, action, friends-to-lovers, melancholy, poignance, pining

A Mutually Agreeable Arrangement: Two senior cultivators find themselves thrusted into an arranged marriage for the benefit of tying two major righteous sects together. The cultivation world is currently in the midst of a war with demon cultivators. In order to ensure the utmost collaboration between two rival righteous sects, each has put forth one of their most promising and capable cultivator from within the sect heads themselves. The two are to act as liasons for their respective sects, while having to navigate a turbulant warzone (both at home and on the battlefield).
Keywords: xanxia, ancient china, enemies-to-lovers, rivals, bickering, sect-politics, war, comedy, slow-burn, arranged marriage

Withdrawn From Worldly Affairs: The last war between the righteous and demonic sects has left many scars. To cope, one of the sect heads from a well-known sect has disappeared from the public view entirely, preferring to recluse himself on a mountain, seeking peace and quiet at last. While on the mountain, he develops a reputation with the locals at the village below as a doctor. At last, he finds his peace shattered when he finds his doorstep darkened with the prescence of an injured cultivator. Note: I will be playing the doctor.
Keywords: xanxia, ancient china, post-war trauma, poignance, melancholy, angst, hurt/comfort

Pardon! This Official Wishes For Retirement!: This follows an exasperated and overworked Magistrate, who finds himself serreptiously dragged into the shenanigans of a cultivator. The Magistrate has just been assigned to a rather problematic province plagued with all sorts of strange happenings. While investigating these cases, he finds himself bumping into a rather strangely personable cultivator, eventually forcing him to take the cultivator once he realizes the perpetrator of each case is not someone/something he can tackle alone. Note: I will be playing the magistrate.
Keywords: xanxia, ancient china, comedy, bickering, friends-to-lovers, mystery, crime-solving, horror, action, political intrigue

If you are interested please send me a message in PM with a little bit about yourself, which plot caught your eyes, and a writing sample. I will not respond to comments on this post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back