• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
"Has she stirred?" Adderfang asked.

"She has actually, twice, once out of hunger, and once just before morning. She woke up delirious, muttering '12 moons before the Birch falls and the tides rise'." He ate the prey thinking on the meaning of what she said. He knew Thunderclan had birch trees in their territory; he saw some for himself on his way to the Moonpool as an apprentice Medicine Cat. He probably shouldn't be so fixated on that phrase alone, but it haunted him, and Pinestar never woke in such a state before. A part of Crowflight believed it might've been part of a dream from Starclan, but he couldn't confirm. Staring at the Deputy's face told Crowflight that there was a question Adderfang wanted to ask, yet didn't at the same time.

"She's on her last." Crowflight said softly. "I'm sorry Adderfang, I've tried almost everything, I'm afraid greencough will claim our leader before the moon ends."

Shadowclan Camp

"A dream from Starclan" Adderclaw said, thinking on the prospect. He'd hoped any message from Starclan would entail some kind of relief but that one sounded ominous. "I was afraid of that" the deputy responded. "I'd guessed she was on her last but I hoped I was wrong". By the moon's end? That was only a matter of days. To make it worse the gathering was coming up, he had not yet spoken for the clan of Pinestar's behalf. The other clans would know Shadowclan's leader was in a weakened state, he couldn't stand to see his clan be seen as weaker then they already were.

"I'll-" Adderclaw started but his ears noticed a noise or a lack thereof. His eyes flicked over to Pinestar's still form. The sound of her breathing had stopped. The black tom was on his feet in a moment. He did not spare Crowflight another glance as he slowly stepped over to Pinestar, the tom did not even think of the danger of stepping so near his sick friend. He laid a black paw on her shoulder and his tail drooped. There was no movement, she hadn't gone cold yet but there was no mistaking it. His leader was on her way to Starclan... And he'd never even said farewell sorry friend that he was. I hope you find warmth, good prey to fill your belly, and shelter when you sleep. Please, get Starclan to help us. The deputy took his paw off of his former leader and sat back on his haunches. His tail curled around him as he mourned the loss of his best friend.

Thunderclan Territory

Tigerpaw padded forward through the undergrowth taking care not to make too much noise. Unfortunately his frame and broad shoulders made it hard to navigate without making some noise. Up ahead he caught sight of a shrew. The little creature hopped around the roots of a tree. He narrowed his eyes, he'd catch this shrew and give it to his clan. He lowered into a crouch unfortunately, even at his lowest Tigerpaw stuck out like a sore thumb.

He slowly crept forward all of his attention focused on the shrew. That was until Shinestar's voice sounded. The shrew stopped and straightened, looking from side to side before bolting. Tigerpaw exploded forward trying to catch it before it escaped but his claws closed over nothing. Tigerpaw was a little disappointed but stopped when considered Shinestar's question. "Maybe" Tigerpaw meowed before taking a sniff of the air. There was a smell in the air he'd never scented before. "I do smell something strange but... I can't place it. Is that what Shadowclan smells like"?

Shadowclan Camp

"A dream from Starclan" Adderclaw said, thinking on the prospect. He'd hoped any message from Starclan would entail some kind of relief but that one sounded ominous. "I was afraid of that" the deputy responded. "I'd guessed she was on her last but I hoped I was wrong". By the moon's end? That was only a matter of days. To make it worse the gathering was coming up, he had not yet spoken for the clan of Pinestar's behalf. The other clans would know Shadowclan's leader was in a weakened state, he couldn't stand to see his clan be seen as weaker then they already were.

"I'll-" Adderclaw started but his ears noticed a noise or a lack thereof. His eyes flicked over to Pinestar's still form. The sound of her breathing had stopped. The black tom was on his feet in a moment. He did not spare Crowflight another glance as he slowly stepped over to Pinestar, the tom did not even think of the danger of stepping so near his sick friend. He laid a black paw on her shoulder and his tail drooped. There was no movement, she hadn't gone cold yet but there was no mistaking it. His leader was on her way to Starclan... And he'd never even said farewell sorry friend that he was. I hope you find warmth, good prey to fill your belly, and shelter when you sleep. Please, get Starclan to help us. The deputy took his paw off of his former leader and sat back on his haunches. His tail curled around him as he mourned the loss of his best friend.

Thunderclan Territory

Tigerpaw padded forward through the undergrowth taking care not to make too much noise. Unfortunately his frame and broad shoulders made it hard to navigate without making some noise. Up ahead he caught sight of a shrew. The little creature hopped around the roots of a tree. He narrowed his eyes, he'd catch this shrew and give it to his clan. He lowered into a crouch unfortunately, even at his lowest Tigerpaw stuck out like a sore thumb.

He slowly crept forward all of his attention focused on the shrew. That was until Shinestar's voice sounded. The shrew stopped and straightened, looking from side to side before bolting. Tigerpaw exploded forward trying to catch it before it escaped but his claws closed over nothing. Tigerpaw was a little disappointed but stopped when considered Shinestar's question. "Maybe" Tigerpaw meowed before taking a sniff of the air. There was a smell in the air he'd never scented before. "I do smell something strange but... I can't place it. Is that what Shadowclan smells like"?

Shadepelt scented the air, and found herself a small but very slow looking squirrel. She crouched down very steadily and began to creep towards it, but stopped when another smell came to her.

Her ears perked up at the rustle of leaves a few feet away to her left, scaring the squirrel away. Whatever that is...it doesn't smell like a clan cat, she thought. She began to stalk towards the bush, silently.

Shinestar shook his head. "No, Shadowclan scent is nothing like this new one...You renew the scent markings on those trees, and I'll hunt for the both of us." He told Tigerpaw. He smirked, "Don't tell Shadepelt though, she might not like another cat hunting for you." Shinestar wanted to check out that strange scent once more, but if it was something dangerous, he definitely didn't want Tigerpaw getting hurt in the fray, even if he was training to be a warrior.

He went closer to the Shadowclan border, leaving Tigerpaw behind and following the strange scent. It seemed to be...all over the place. Whatever Rouge has been trouncing around out here...hasn't just been on our side of the forest it seems.

Pinestar's death sank his heart. He expected it all the same but it was easier thinking about death than it was actually happening right in front of him. He thought about getting the Deputy - the new Leader of Shadowclan in his mind - away from the body, but decided against it and let Adderclaw process Pinestar's death.

He started to make his way to the Elder's Den, he stopped and turned to Adderclaw, "'You need to address the clan about this. I'll go and gather some Elders to move the body." He left Adderclaw in the Den and went to talk to some of the Elders, sharing with them the news of Pinestar's death, asking them to go and take her body to the center of camp for them to mourn.

He wasn't worried about the Gathering and how others would see Shadowclan after their leader's death. He was confident Adderclaw would be a great successor to Pinestar; but his worries rather was on the "prophecy" he received from the dying Pinestar. Deciphering prophecy wasn't exactly his strong suit. Crowflight just made a mental note to keep his herbs stocked up for the day it arrived.

Shadowclan Camp

Adderclaw heard Crowflight’s advice and flicked his tail in acknowledgment. He stood there as he was for a few moments, in a silent vigil for his leader. He looked terribly small in those moments, the strong deputy now leader of Shadowclan was gone. Replaced by a mourning shadow of a cat, Adderclaw lifted himself up when he realized Crowflight had gone. She’d be angry with me. He realized, in this moment she’d hiss and tell me to pull myself together for the clan. That’s just what he did, Adderclaw stood tall hiding his previous grief professionally as he exited the Medicine den.

the black tom leapt atop a high stone where he looked down at the camp. “Let all cats old enough to hunt their own prey gather join here under the clanrock for a clan meeting” Adderclaw’s voice called out. He stood there for a time waiting for Shadowclan to gather below him. Once everyone had gathered he continued. “A short time ago Pinestar’s last life was taken by Greencough, a vigil will be held for her tonight. As her Deputy it is now my place to step forward as Leader, I will appoint a new deputy by moonhigh tonight as the warrior code dictates. With the matter of the gathering I will mull over who should and should not attend... That is all for now” Adderclaw called. When he mentioned who would and wouldn’t be going to the gathering his gaze drifted to the warriors whom he’d caught stealing prey when he said shouldn’t. The new Shadowclan leader hopped down from the clan rock and slunk away to gather his thoughts about all the decisions he had to make.

Thunderclan Territory

Tigerpaw watched his leader slink away and did as he was bid in renewing the scent markers. The apprentice was not comfortable with the idea of the leader hunting for him. His training under Shadepelt and own general attitude simply wouldn’t let him sit around while someone else especially his leader to do what should be his own work. The big tabby sniffed the air again trying to gain scent of more prey.

There it was, a mouse. The rodent snuffled around the undergrowth grabbing a seed and chewing on it. Tigerpaw slunk into his most proficient hunting crouch yet and slowly slunk forward. He did not want to fail twice so quickly, not when Starclan seemed to be sending prey right into his paws. He was so close it took everything in him not to pounce but he waited as the mouse took a hesitant step in his general direction. He pounced, Tigerpaw slammed a hefty paw down on the mouse and closed his jaws over his head. HIS DREAM HAD BEEN A SIGN! The apprentice grabbed his catch in his mouth and proudly went back to where he’d renewed the border. He pushed a bit of dirt over the mouse to hide it and turned around to look for more prey.

Shinestar creeped closer to the strange scent, he was so immersed in trying to track it, he almost didn't stop when the smell of decay hit him full force. It was undoubtedly Shadowclan scent, covered in the smell of death, but that new smell was also there mingling in with everything else around him.

He turned his head to where he thought he could smell the corpse more, and was able to pinpoint where it lay in a few bushes to his right. "Starclan, help me...who did this?" He muttered. He doubted that Shadowclan could've done something like this, killing a clan mate was call for a serious offense. The Rogues scent was clinging to this poor cats body, that much Shinestar knew.

He would have to go and tell the others, quickly. Shadepelt might know what to do...

Shadepelt unsheathed her claws in the presence of the strange tabby Tom in front of her. His pelt was white with stripes and spots here and there. His eyes looked unusual, they reminded her of Shinestar's blindness, except this cats eyes were a piercing red.

"What do you think you're doing on Thunderclan territory, Rouge?" She demanded. The Tom seemed terrified of her. He was trembling, limping a bit on his right leg.

"Oh thank goodness, another cat!" He exclaimed, relieved. "I mean no trouble, I promise. I only came into this part of the forest because I was being chased!" He held his head down, pitifully. "Its so awfully hard for an old blind cat like myself, you see."

Shadepelt relaxed a bit, "I see. You're just lost then." She said. She studied him for a bit, taking in his dirty and disheveled pelt. He certainly looked like he had been running some distance away from something.

"Yes, unfortunately." He laughed, bitterly. "I'm awfully sorry for intruding on your home like this." He said. Regret was clear in his tone.

Shadepelt couldn't help but feel sad for him. He reminded her of some of the elders, especially Longtail an old warrior who had been blinded early on in his life.

"It's no trouble. Come, I can see you limping. I'm sure Brightleaf can fix that right up!" She smiled at him, even though she knew he wouldn't be able to see.

"You young cats nowadays are too kind." The old Rouge said. "I knew about you Clan Cats but I never wanted to come to this side of the forest. I heard you were very...territorial."

Shadepelt went up to him, and let him lean on her a little as they walked. "Yes we are. But some of us can see when a cat needs help, which you clearly need." She said. "I'm sure my Clan Leader wouldn't mind if you stayed until you were healed."

"Too kind..." He muttered, smiling a bit. "What's your name, miss? I'd like to get to know the Cat helping me out."

"Shadepelt. Yours?"

The old Rouge smiled.

"My name is Birchstep." He told her.

Crowflight and a few Elders moved Pinestar's body to outside of camp for tonight's vigil after Adderclaw's announcement to the clan. But before that Crowflight knew there was some things to take care of before the vigil; he needed catmint, yew, and other herbs restocked before long, and a part of his mind nagged him to see to that immediately. The patrols helped keep him stocked, but so few cats knew what they looked like let alone knew where they were grown.

"I'll let Adderclaw mourn Pinestar for today, the Moonpool can wait for now." The dark tom muttered to himself leaving the Medicine Cat Den, but he made a mental note to take the matter to Adderclaw after the vigil.

Leaving the camp, Crowflight went straight to work looking for the herbs he needed. The yew was easy enough to get, but the catmint was proving to be a bit difficult to find. Against his better judgement he went to the border of Thunderclan, hoping he wouldn't have to venture into their territory to find the herb. He had to venture a small way into Thunderclan territory, but his search was a success. Just as he was leaving to head back to camp, his nose caught the scent of Shadowclan. While it wasn't unusual for the Medicine Cat, it was strange finding far from the border.

"Don't tell me someone went to steal prey..." he hissed quietly to himself. He weighed his options and decided he wanted to find this cat before anybody else did. Shadowclan had enough problems without conflict with Thunderclan adding to it.

Adderclaw stood in the Leader's den. It was supposed to be his and it was private but he couldn't help but feel empty inside of it. The thoughts that flowed through his head were many and they were jumbled. First and foremost would be the thoughts of which warrior to choose to be his deputy. He couldn't allow the Warrior Code to be ignored even in such a circumstance, he had until moonhigh to appoint a deputy. No cat jumped out at him specifically, he'd just appoint a dependable cat whom he knew would keep the patrols in line when he couldn't. The thoughts of the gathering were more simple. He would bring the fittest looking Shadowclan cats to go to the gathering not counting an elder or two, and maybe an apprentice if he could remember one who stuck out to him. His thoughts of the vigil were a great dampening on his thoughts but he'd have to get over it. The new Shadowclan leader set off to mulling over his thoughts.

Tigerpaw was proud of his hunting prowess for the day. After another failed attempt or two he'd caught a bird which seemed to have broken its wing. He held his head high as he trotted back to the place he'd planted his mouse. He dipped his head and gripped the mouse's tail between his teeth.

One ear flicked as the young tabby tom heard a noise. His nose was a little full of prey so he couldn't discern the scent exactly but he knew the scent of Thunderclan anywhere.

He pushed his way through a bush and stopped in his tracks, it was Shadepelt, his mentor was supporting an old cat he'd never seen before. He dropped the prey in his mouth and the scent matched the one he'd scented earlier when Shinestar had told him to smell the air. "Who's that" he asked? Cocking his head quizzically at the strange cat whose eyes sort of reminded him of Shinestar's.

Adderclaw stood in the Leader's den. It was supposed to be his and it was private but he couldn't help but feel empty inside of it. The thoughts that flowed through his head were many and they were jumbled. First and foremost would be the thoughts of which warrior to choose to be his deputy. He couldn't allow the Warrior Code to be ignored even in such a circumstance, he had until moonhigh to appoint a deputy. No cat jumped out at him specifically, he'd just appoint a dependable cat whom he knew would keep the patrols in line when he couldn't. The thoughts of the gathering were more simple. He would bring the fittest looking Shadowclan cats to go to the gathering not counting an elder or two, and maybe an apprentice if he could remember one who stuck out to him. His thoughts of the vigil were a great dampening on his thoughts but he'd have to get over it. The new Shadowclan leader set off to mulling over his thoughts.

Tigerpaw was proud of his hunting prowess for the day. After another failed attempt or two he'd caught a bird which seemed to have broken its wing. He held his head high as he trotted back to the place he'd planted his mouse. He dipped his head and gripped the mouse's tail between his teeth.

One ear flicked as the young tabby tom heard a noise. His nose was a little full of prey so he couldn't discern the scent exactly but he knew the scent of Thunderclan anywhere.

He pushed his way through a bush and stopped in his tracks, it was Shadepelt, his mentor was supporting an old cat he'd never seen before. He dropped the prey in his mouth and the scent matched the one he'd scented earlier when Shinestar had told him to smell the air. "Who's that" he asked? Cocking his head quizzically at the strange cat whose eyes sort of reminded him of Shinestar's.

Shadepelt spotted her Apprentice. "An elder Rouge who needs help immediately. I'm bringing him back to camp so Brightleaf can take a look at that leg of his..." She explained.

Birchstep looked down at the younger cat. "It's a pleasure to meet you." He said.

"Go find Shinestar, if you can. I'd like for him to know about Birchstep visiting us like this." She told Tigerpaw, kindly. However, there was no need. Shinestar burst through the undergrowth quickly, extremely alert to whatever was around him.

"Shadepelt? Tigerpaw?" he said, confused. "Who...who is this strange cat with you?" He asked them. His scent...is exactly like the strange smell I found at the border and on that dead Shadowclan cat!

"This is Birchstep. He's an old Rouge who was being chased." She sniffed him. "Probably by those Prey stealing, carrion eaters across the border. I swear, I smelled their scent on this side of the forest, Shinestar!" She exclaimed. "Uh...Birchstep is blind, so I'm guiding him back to the camp. He's limping on one of his right legs."

Shinestar didn't say anything for sometime, too confused to speak. Shadepelt grew worried for him. "Shinestar? Are you okay? Did something happen out on the border?" She had to admit, he did seem rather in a hurry to get back to camp.

"It's nothing! I'm just a little shaken. I found...a cat's body not far from the Shadowclan border..." He admitted. "I don't know who did it, but I'm sad it's happened."

"You don't think...it was one of our warriors, do you?" She asked. Shinestar shook his head.

"No, the scent on that cat wasn't from any clan cat. I want to go and tell Pinestar about this, it wouldn't be right to keep this a secret!" Shadepelt turned to Birchstep.

"I'm afraid I have to go. Tigerpaw," She called to him. "Take Birchstep to the camp and have Brightleaf see to him. I'll be with Shinestar." She said.

Navigating through the territory was nerve wracking; he felt like a Thunderclan cat could jump out of the brush at him at any moment, not to mention he was basically using scent alone to follow the cat's trail. But Crowflight was fixated on finding the stray Shadowclan cat before someone else did. However Crowflight's heart sunk when the Shadowclan scent began to mix with another cat's scent; not that of Thunderclan, and nothing he recognized, but another's scent all the same. His heartbeat grew faster and he nearly through caution to the wind running, until his heart nearly stopped altogether when he came upon the Shadowclan cat's corpse.

The black cat unsheathed his claws and cautiously approached the dead cat. He could clearly detect the stench of death now, as well as another, strange scent that also clung to the corpse's fur like dew. Upon closer examination he could see the claw and teeth marks all over the cat's body, and he qucikly came to the realization that the Warrior had died in battle. A part of him wanted to stay in the area and get vengeance for his fallen comrade, but another, greater part of him knew that doing such a thing would make matters so much worse. Crowflight's rational side won over in the end and he simply wrapped his tail around his paws and held a short vigil for the cat.

"Today seems to be a day for death. May there be plenty of prey, and a warm place for you in Starclan." He muttered solemnly before turning back towards the border. The other scent still worried him of course, but from what Crowflight could make out, it headed further into Thunderclan territory and was mingled in with other Clan cat scents.

"That one's their problem now." He let out a big sigh. "Now how to break the news to Adderclaw." He muttered to himself, moving in the bushes back towards Shadowclan territory.

Navigating through the territory was nerve wracking; he felt like a Thunderclan cat could jump out of the brush at him at any moment, not to mention he was basically using scent alone to follow the cat's trail. But Crowflight was fixated on finding the stray Shadowclan cat before someone else did. However Crowflight's heart sunk when the Shadowclan scent began to mix with another cat's scent; not that of Thunderclan, and nothing he recognized, but another's scent all the same. His heartbeat grew faster and he nearly through caution to the wind running, until his heart nearly stopped altogether when he came upon the Shadowclan cat's corpse.

The black cat unsheathed his claws and cautiously approached the dead cat. He could clearly detect the stench of death now, as well as another, strange scent that also clung to the corpse's fur like dew. Upon closer examination he could see the claw and teeth marks all over the cat's body, and he qucikly came to the realization that the Warrior had died in battle. A part of him wanted to stay in the area and get vengeance for his fallen comrade, but another, greater part of him knew that doing such a thing would make matters so much worse. Crowflight's rational side won over in the end and he simply wrapped his tail around his paws and held a short vigil for the cat.

"Today seems to be a day for death. May there be plenty of prey, and a warm place for you in Starclan." He muttered solemnly before turning back towards the border. The other scent still worried him of course, but from what Crowflight could make out, it headed further into Thunderclan territory and was mingled in with other Clan cat scents.

"That one's their problem now." He let out a big sigh. "Now how to break the news to Adderclaw." He muttered to himself, moving in the bushes back towards Shadowclan territory.

Shinestar and Shadepelt ran through the woods, only because Shinestar was far too impatient and wanted to get to the Shadowclan border as soon as possible. His mind was reeling with possibilities about Birchstep and a small feeling of suspicion was creeping closer into his mind. Birchstep couldn't have murdered that Shadowclan cat...could he? Shinestar thought. It wasn't just the fact that his scent was on that Cats pelt, it was also because of his name. Birchstep. A name fit for a Clan cat given to a Rouge? It was all too odd for Shinetar to just blindly accept.

Shadepelt didn't say anything as they arrived to the Shadowclan border. As they ventured in further, she spotted the retreating figure of a cat. Shadepelt recognized him as Crowflight.
"Crowflight, we have important news to share!" She called out to him. "Can we speak to Pinestar about it?"

Shadepelt spotted her Apprentice. "An elder Rouge who needs help immediately. I'm bringing him back to camp so Brightleaf can take a look at that leg of his..." She explained.

Birchstep looked down at the younger cat. "It's a pleasure to meet you." He said.

"Go find Shinestar, if you can. I'd like for him to know about Birchstep visiting us like this." She told Tigerpaw, kindly. However, there was no need. Shinestar burst through the undergrowth quickly, extremely alert to whatever was around him.

"Shadepelt? Tigerpaw?" he said, confused. "Who...who is this strange cat with you?" He asked them. His scent...is exactly like the strange smell I found at the border and on that dead Shadowclan cat!

"This is Birchstep. He's an old Rouge who was being chased." She sniffed him. "Probably by those Prey stealing, carrion eaters across the border. I swear, I smelled their scent on this side of the forest, Shinestar!" She exclaimed. "Uh...Birchstep is blind, so I'm guiding him back to the camp. He's limping on one of his right legs."

Shinestar didn't say anything for sometime, too confused to speak. Shadepelt grew worried for him. "Shinestar? Are you okay? Did something happen out on the border?" She had to admit, he did seem rather in a hurry to get back to camp.

"It's nothing! I'm just a little shaken. I found...a cat's body not far from the Shadowclan border..." He admitted. "I don't know who did it, but I'm sad it's happened."

"You don't think...it was one of our warriors, do you?" She asked. Shinestar shook his head.

"No, the scent on that cat wasn't from any clan cat. I want to go and tell Pinestar about this, it wouldn't be right to keep this a secret!" Shadepelt turned to Birchstep.

"I'm afraid I have to go. Tigerpaw," She called to him. "Take Birchstep to the camp and have Brightleaf see to him. I'll be with Shinestar." She said.
“Okay then” said Tigerpaw. The large young tom padded over to the rouge to take Shadepelt’s place in supporting him.

He began to walk back to camp, with his two catches in his mouth. With the prey in his mouth Tigerpaw couldn’t give the old cat any conversation but he helped him until he reached the camp. He escorted the old cat to the medicine den. “Brightleaf, we ran into this cat at the border and Shadepelt bid me to bring him to you” he called into the den.

Raven14 Raven14

Brightleaf was in her den sorting herbs she collected. Eventually she heard Tigerpaw’s voice outside and hurried out, poking her head out of her den. She looked at the cat next to Tigerpaw for a moment before nodding, “Okay,” She mumbled walking over to him. She sniffed the strange cat. Her eyes darted to his leg and she sniffed before pausing, “How did this happen?” Was the first thing that came out of her mouth as she stood straight, looking at the blind tom in front of her.

His ears perked up to his name being called and he whipped around, recognizing Shadepelt and Shinestar, the Deputy and Leader of Thunderclan respectively. He was relieved they caught him when he was already past the border. But he debilitated on what to do when they asked to see Pinestar. The question on his mind wasn't Are they trustworthy? but rather, Should I let my clan be seen in a weakened state?

"And how urgent is the news you can't wait until the Gathering to share it?" Crowflight asked cautiously.

Birchstep chuckled. "Oh well I think I might've twisted it sometime while running." He mused. "It doesn't hurt all too bad, though I would appreciate it if you looked at it a bit."

Raven14 Raven14

Shinestar began cautiously. "Well...we found a dead warrior on our border. We wanted to let you know now, and not wait until the Gathering tonight." He told him.

"We don't know who did it." Shadepelt admitted.

"But I do have an idea. Seeing how it is one of your warriors, I thought maybe Pinestar would like to hear my thoughts." Shinestar said.

Considering their story, and how he would like to know about their theory as well, but it didn't seem like they would tell solely him when they were asking for Pinestar.

"Very well, as long as it's only you two, I'll take you to the camp." Crowflight flicked his tail, beckoning the cats to follow him. "But I should tell you; Pinestar has died recently to greencough. Instead I'll take you to Adderclaw, her deputy. You can tell him."

Brighleaf narrowed her eyes, “I know you twisted it, Im no fool...” She mumbled under her breath. She nodded, “I will,” She said, turning around to walk into her den, assuming the injured cat would follow. She paused in her tracks though, turning around, “Thank you for taking him to me, Tigerpaw.” She said, dipping her head at the young cat before entering her den.

Considering their story, and how he would like to know about their theory as well, but it didn't seem like they would tell solely him when they were asking for Pinestar.

"Very well, as long as it's only you two, I'll take you to the camp." Crowflight flicked his tail, beckoning the cats to follow him. "But I should tell you; Pinestar has died recently to greencough. Instead I'll take you to Adderclaw, her deputy. You can tell him."

Shinestar gasped silently. "Pinestar has...died?" He said. Shadepelt felt a grim feeling settle in the pit of her stomach.

"That's terrible news..." She didn't know what to say to the young warrior. The two cats just followed him quietly to the Shadowclan camp.

Birchstep sighed dreamily. "Such a peaceful camp you have here." He said to Brightleaf. "I can hardly hear any commotion going on here. You all must be such good cats. Good cats indeed, who follow all the rules of the forest..." He seemed to trail off here, almost speaking to himself.

Raven14 Raven14

Tigerpaw dipped his head respectively to the medicine cat after she thanked him. He didn’t really know what else to do. He couldn’t go out hunting again without permission from his mentor so he simply decided to give his fluffy grey tabby pelt a wash.

Brightleaf listened as Birchstep spoke, leading him into the den. She then gestured for him to take a seat, “More then less of us are good cats who follow the rules of the forest,” She answered going over to her herbs. “Shadowclan on the other hand,” She grumbled to herself as she nosed the herbs.

Frostpaw was sitting by the fresh kill pile, deciding if she was going to eat or not when a butterfly flew by her. Like a kit, Frostpaw ran after it, attempting to catch it. She jumped in the air, getting hold of one of its wings and dragging it down, almost running into Tigerpaw as she did so.

When Shinestar and Shadepelt finally reached the Shadowclan camp, Shinestar felt an uneasy aura coming from the other cats. He could sense that something bad must have happened, just from all the tension in the air.

Shadepelt shuffled her paws uncomfortable.

"We would really like to get this over with..." She said to Crowflight.
Skyflash Skyflash

Birchstep laughed. "That's just like you young cats, always drawing lines in the dirt over whose a good cat and who isn't..." He mused.

"We would really like get this over with..." Shadepelt's voice woke Crowflight from his thoughts and he shook himself gently. Recent events has Crowflight wondering if they're connected in some way.

"Yes, we should. I'll go and fetch Adderclaw, you two should stay at the entrance." He made his way through the camp, going to the Leader's den where he found the curled up form of Adderclaw in the den. Normally the cat is rather large, but he seemed smaller in here. He took a breath in.

"Adderclaw, Shinestar from Thunderclan has news she needs to tell you."

Brightleaf casted a look back at Birchstep. She sighed a sighed bit before looking back to the herbs, finally picking one up. “This should do the trick,” She said carrying an elder leaf over to Birchstep. She began to chew it before placing it on his leg. She then lifted her head so she was face to face with him, “Does it hurt?” She asked, her eyes bright.

Adderclaw perked up when he heard Crowflight's voice. The black tom got to his feet as he listened to the Medicine cat's message. Shinestar was in the camp, he wondered what could be so pressing the Thunderclan leader couldn't wait until the gathering to tell him. The new Shadowclan leader passed by Crowflight and made his way into the clearing. He could tell some of the warriors were on edge, no doubt they imagined this was some form of hostility. If it was, this would be foolish on Shinestar's part. Adderclaw stopped in front of the Thunderclan leader and deputy. "What have you come to tell me" he asked curtly?

Thunderclan Camp

Tigerpaw sat still giving his pelt a few licks. He spent a bit wondering how Shadepelt and Shinestar were doing, he hoped they were alright. Everything had happened so fast on the patrol the young apprentice had a hard time realizing just what had happened. The tabby was interrupted by the flying fuzzy form of Frostpaw leaping after a butterfly. Tigerpaw didn't seem fazed or upset that she'd almost run into him. "Hey there. Good catch, but I don't think that'll feed too many cats" he joked.

Brightleaf casted a look back at Birchstep. She sighed a sighed bit before looking back to the herbs, finally picking one up. “This should do the trick,” She said carrying an elder leaf over to Birchstep. She began to chew it before placing it on his leg. She then lifted her head so she was face to face with him, “Does it hurt?” She asked, her eyes bright.
Adderclaw perked up when he heard Crowflight's voice. The black tom got to his feet as he listened to the Medicine cat's message. Shinestar was in the camp, he wondered what could be so pressing the Thunderclan leader couldn't wait until the gathering to tell him. The new Shadowclan leader passed by Crowflight and made his way into the clearing. He could tell some of the warriors were on edge, no doubt they imagined this was some form of hostility. If it was, this would be foolish on Shinestar's part. Adderclaw stopped in front of the Thunderclan leader and deputy. "What have you come to tell me" he asked curtly?

Thunderclan Camp

Tigerpaw sat still giving his pelt a few licks. He spent a bit wondering how Shadepelt and Shinestar were doing, he hoped they were alright. Everything had happened so fast on the patrol the young apprentice had a hard time realizing just what had happened. The tabby was interrupted by the flying fuzzy form of Frostpaw leaping after a butterfly. Tigerpaw didn't seem fazed or upset that she'd almost run into him. "Hey there. Good catch, but I don't think that'll feed too many cats" he joked.
"We would really like get this over with..." Shadepelt's voice woke Crowflight from his thoughts and he shook himself gently. Recent events has Crowflight wondering if they're connected in some way.

"Yes, we should. I'll go and fetch Adderclaw, you two should stay at the entrance." He made his way through the camp, going to the Leader's den where he found the curled up form of Adderclaw in the den. Normally the cat is rather large, but he seemed smaller in here. He took a breath in.

"Adderclaw, Shinestar from Thunderclan has news she needs to tell you."

Shinestar's fur bristled a bit from the hostility from the other cats, but he soon relaxed. "We found a dead Shadowclan warrior near our borders. And...I suspect it was a rogue cat of some sort...In fact, I think that rogue is back at our camp right now."

Shadepelt looked at him, confused. "You mean Birchstep? I found him a long ways away from the border."

"Yes, but Birchstep's scent was definitely on that cats body, Shadepelt! I don't know how an old tom like him would be able to do something so...vile, but he's suspicious. To me at least."

Birchstep shook his leg a little. "Nope, I don't feel a thing anymore! That stuff most really work wonders, huh?" He told her, smiling. "Why don't you show me around this camp of yours now that my old leg is feeling better. I could use a place to rest, if you don't mind?"

Raven14 Raven14

Users who are viewing this thread

Back