• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Bury Me in Satin

_amaranth_

...coffee_addict...
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Bury Me in Satin
Life has this funny way of playing with you. You go through it, think high school was the hardest time of your life and then it hits you. Real life. College ends at some point as well and then it’s just you and no one else. You promise your high school friends to keep in touch, you all write hearty messages in the yearbook to each other and cry as you all hug goodbye after the graduation. At first, you talk a lot, you share messages and phone calls, you stalk each other’s social media and are genuinely happy for every small success. And as the years go by, you just...stop. Suddenly, you all are adults, your lives have changed. You might have built a successful business, got married, had kids but then again, there is a slight possibility that your life just went to hell. And no one knows. Certainly not any of your old friends. Until one day, when you open your mailbox and find a letter from someone you really didn’t expect to hear from…

Dear friend,

I know we have not been in touch for some time now. But know, I have missed you immensely and I have regretted every single day we didn’t talk. Whatever happened to us? We used to be so tight together and yet, here we are, like a group of strangers all over the world.

If you’re reading this letter, it means I haven’t handled it well. It’s almost funny, you know. I’m sitting here, writing this for you and out of all people I could be talking to, I want you to know. You were one of the people who made my days so much better. High school was great and you were one of eight reasons why. I only woke up in the morning to meet you and knew that you, guys, will give me yet another great day. So again I ask, whatever happened to us?

So, you ask, why am I writing now, right? Easy. I just want you to remember. Remember the time we spent together, remember the people, remember the fun. And reach out. Please, reach out to the others and do what we all should have done such a long time ago. Meet. Remember the lake house we used to spend two weeks together every summer? I want you to go there. And relive everything we loved so much. I will not get the chance to see you again. But if this letter helps to get the old gang back together, I will rest in peace.

With all the love,
Theresa ♥

The RP takes place ten years after high school. Eight friends all get the same letter from the ninth, very concerning, not clearly stating what she was going to do. And then, a few days later, all of them discovered that she had taken her life. All of these people return back to Springshill for the funeral of Theresa Ackerman, their friend and the glue, holding the whole group together. They were a group of all kinds, people, who seemingly didn’t have anything in common. And yet, they were the best friends during high school. Now they are going to meet again. And they are supposed to fulfill the last wish of their friend. But will they be able to ignite the old spark of friendship? Will they be able to get through their old drama and issues of their current lives? Only time will tell…

ROLES

The IT Girl
- she has always had it all, popularity, friends, money, family that loved her and after graduation, she went to the prestigious college, graduated with honors and got married. But was she ever happy? Certainly not in her loveless childless marriage. TAKEN by Devotion Devotion
The Quarterback - he wanted to pursue his sports career, got a football scholarship and got everything he set his mind on. He became the famous athlete, the one you can now see on the front pages of magazines, living the glam lifestyle of a star. But behind the scenes, his life is desperate, he lives alone, has no time for family because of his training schedules. So, is this really what he wanted to do with his life?
The Class Clown - used to being always the jokester of the group, he never really thought about his future. Certainly wasn’t interested in college and managed to book his own stand-up comedy show right away. He became quite famous but now, he is that definition of “sad clown.” He entertains masses but never has any fun left for his own empty life which he is drowning in whiskey every night.
The Nerd - - she left the town for college and was one of the few who actually got a pretty good life after high school. She missed her friends because it has always been difficult for her to get some and was probably the one who kept stalking them the longest. But once they stopped calling and texting, she stopped as well. She has a nice comfortable life now but always remembers the days she was truly happy.
The Slacker/Druggie - high school spat him into real life. He was never really interested in higher education and earned his living by selling weed or anything else. He himself was more often under the influence than he was not and ended up arrested a few times. He has a child though he never got married. The little girl stays with him every other weekend and is the only reason why he’s trying to stay clean.
The Goodie-2-Shoes - she was flowing through life as she went through high school, easily, without raising greater attention. She went to the university and then found a job. Now, she is living a generic life of any single woman, boring and sad, waiting for someone to end this ordeal. But what has she ever done to change it? TAKEN by sprouhtt sprouhtt
The Overachiever - pushed by parents to always be the best, to always aim higher and have it all, she enrolled into one of the Ivy League schools, sky has always been the limit and she was simply aiming for the star as she was raised that way. Until the day when she was supposed to go to her university finals. She put herself under so much pressure that she collapsed and missed the exams. She never finished the university and lives with her parents who remind her of that every single day. TAKEN by _amaranth_ _amaranth_
The Glee Kid - high school peaked for him when his glee club won the nationals in his senior year and he was the soloist. It also helped him to get into one of the best colleges but he dropped out in pursuit of the real musical career. He thought that his voice and his guitar were enough for him to earn the living. He ended up playing in smoky bars and dingy pubs for a pocket change and even though he’s talented, he knows now that he should have stayed at school.

RULES (Please read)

Please respect all the RPN rules and regulations!
2. NO godmodding, please. I would really appreciate it if you discussed any changes with the character owner.
3. Realistic face claims only! Selection of the face is up to you but let’s get as diverse as we can. Also, a detailed CS will be required.
4. When it comes to writing, quality always prevails over quantity. But every reply should give us something to work with as well so if you could provide around 500 words per reply, that would be brilliant.
5. A Discord server WILL be created for OOC conversations regarding the RP.
6. I would love this RP to be long-term so I would prefer people who can commit. I understand that RL is happening but I will expect at least one reply a week. I value communication so if you need to leave or have some issue, don’t hesitate to contact me and we can resolve everything.
7. Most of all, HAVE FUN WITH IT!
8. Comment your favorite TV series when interested so I know you've read the rules ;)

code by apolla apolla

Last edited:
Hi hi _amaranth_ _amaranth_ !!

I would love to join!

I was wondering if I could take up the role of "The Goodie-2-Shoes"?

I had some ideas for her and the relationship she had with Theresa!

:)

Interested! Could I play the nerd? I don't watch TV too much, so I don't have a favorite show.

You can always apply, I will post CS sheet soon and after we get people to apply for all characters, I will post the cast :)

That goes for everyone actually, it's not first come, first serve ^^

sprouhtt sprouhtt Krowe Krowe plague rats plague rats junglejuice junglejuice Norrsken Norrsken stonecoldlife stonecoldlife Devotion Devotion

CS page is up, you can go ahead and start posting your characters :)

_amaranth_ _amaranth_ hey what is teresa like, i think that is an important thing to know when making this, cause in my cs i am saying she was interested in football, but im certain other peoples cs's might contradict the statements made in mine, so it would be helpful to know what kind of person Teresa is

_amaranth_ _amaranth_ hey what is teresa like, i think that is an important thing to know when making this, cause in my cs i am saying she was interested in football, but im certain other peoples cs's might contradict the statements made in mine, so it would be helpful to know what kind of person Teresa is

She was that kind of person who can really hold the whole group together. That essential link which makes the jocks comfortable talking to nerds and if she's not there, the whole group feels it as if they were missing one limb. She was your typical girl-next-door but also your go-to person whenever you wanted to talk or get a piece of advice.

I have to apologize to everyone but due to some unforeseen reasons, I have to close this RP. I might return to it at some point in the future though. Thank you all who were interested. I am really sorry. I wish you all the best! ♥

Hey, no, I have too much on my plate already, wouldn't be able to successfully GM an RP on my own

Users who are viewing this thread

Back