• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Brain Burger

He sighed and placed a hand on her shoulder. ".. I think it's best not to think about what things were like before--.. I mean, for you... It sounds like you had a good family. I had Norman, but... My mom and dad weren't the best. I didn't even get to grow up by my dad, 'cause of him dyin' when I was first born." He shrugged and gave a half-smile at her. "At least everyone here is kinda' like a family... When the baby's born, I think we sorta' need to be anyway." He shrugged again. (@Soul OMU)

Brianna smiles a bit and kisses his cheek. "Yeah, your right. We need to be there for the baby when it comes. Someone has to show it how to be kind and how to dance." She said with a small smile and got up. (@DrTrollinski)

"I guess," He lied down on his bed, placing his hands behind his head and taking a deep breath while his cheeks slightly blushed from the kiss. ".. I'm sure it'll be fine... Plus, I'm sure Norman and Elle will be great parents." He added with a reassuring smile. (@Soul OMU) 
(http://www.rpnation.com/threads/brain-burger.56737/page-290#post-1912022 - @32sillylight32 - I'm going to put this here for you as the post that's awaiting your response is soon going to be out of sight.)

Brianna smiled brightly and nodded. "Of course they will. They did a pretty good job taking care of you, didn't they?" She said softly while looking at him.

"Yeah... Norman proved that to me over the past eleven years of my life." He chuckled softly but then bowed his head to look at the floor. ".. Norman was more of a dad than a brother - he was the only person I had before that really cared about me, and all that..." He sighed softly. "Elle's really good to me, though. She makes Norman a lot happier as well. I'm glad we met her." He looks back up and faintly smiles. (@Soul OMU)

He lead him into the building and then into the gym room; he motioned for him to sit down on the bench and sat down beside him once he did. He looked across at him while locking his fingers of both hands together. ".. I'm worried about you, Noah... I think we all are..." He stated. (@32sillylight32)

Noah sat on the bench, crossing his legs and arms before coughing loudly from the cigarettes. '' Oh...Funny. I'm not.'' he said amused with a smile tugging his face but he was as blank as before. His hair was always messy, his clothes weren't as sharp as usual. Often it was just things he wore for the small and few things he did outside of his room. He never let anyone in and pretty much isolating himself. He just wanted to be alone, mourn alone with the little alcohol that he has, which...never made him drunk, that's about it.

(How long has it been since 2nd of september?? )

(I'm pretty sure it's the 5th of September now.)

".. Noah... It's goin' beyond on the point of worrying now... You've been goin' out alone, sittin' by yourself, locking yourself away - shit, you even tried to jump off the roof recently... Jesus, man... Talk to me? Please?" He asked, sounding quite desperate and worried. (@32sillylight32)

(Shit... I thought it was a week after or a month xD Didn't we do a time skip?? )

'' There is nothing to talk about.'' Noah said starting to get irritated. Memories flooding his mind at the event that happened to him this week. How could he be the only one left alive? He didn't want to live this crap on his own. Why was he left behind? Tears started flooding his eyes in rage and he punched the wall. '' Nothing is fucking wrong!'' he shouted holding it back, his knuckles bleeding.

Norman slowly rose up and shook his head, standing a few feet away and keeping his arms tensed and ready in case anything happened. ".. Clearly there is somethin' wrong, Noah... If nothin' was wrong, I wouldn't have brought you in to talk." He said quietly, a soft and sad frown on his face. (@32sillylight32
(And no. We only skipped a few days, but this RP is relevant enough, so don't worry.)

Noah didn't hesitate to turn back with ease he picked Norman by the collar of his shirt a foot above the ground, '' You won't fucking get it. You get laid, your getting married and having a fucking baby in this god forsaking apocalyptic world! You don't know what it is losing ALL of your family here! YOU DON'T GET IT!'' He said throwing him away in frustration. The frustration he kept in for days.

(Sorry, there's no way you're lifting up a fully grown man who body-builds just like that.)

He didn't let him lift him off the ground; he gripped his wrists tightly, in fact. He didn't react when he was shoved back. "Yeah, I'm married. I'm having a baby. And it's in a world as shit as this one. Wow." He shook his head and stayed ready so he could react if anything happened again; if the guy came at him again, he'd be ready. "I don't get what loss is? Sure I don't, Noah. I've lost everyone I've ever cared for - I've gained people along the way, and I've kept Nathan. Everyone else is gone - I had to KILL my own mother. I had to look her in the eyes and fucking KILL her. She wasn't turned, but it's what she wanted. I had to kill her right there. So with all due respect, don't talk to me, or anyone else here about how we 'don't get what loss is'. It's the reason we're all here together, Noah. We've all lost somethin' that we didn't want to - You have no idea how sorry I am for what you've lost, I get how bad you feel - I couldn't even imagine what I'd do if I lost Nathan or Elizabeth, or any of the kids outside - all the people here mean something to me, and I'm sorry that the way this world is has been so bad to you." He said to him before walking over to the furthest wall and leaning against it, but still remaining ready - he'd hoped that his somewhat of an understanding with Noah would have helped to calm him a little, especially after the anger he released.

".. I remember, Noah... After I killed my mother... I had Nathan come to me, and he asked me... 'Norman, what if I lose you, too?'... And that tore me up - He asked me that with tears in his eyes, and all I could do was hug him and tell him he wasn't gonna' lose me. We never promised each other anythin', but... I told him that. I'm sorry about what happened, Noah... But you know there's people that care about you here. If people didn't care, I wouldn't be here talking to you - They're all scared, and worried about whether or not you're gonna' be here tomorrow - in these times... And after what... Happened. I don't want them or you to be sufferin' from anythin', that's all." He explained to him, giving a slightly sad sigh thereafter - he showed no aggression or methods of irritation towards him, and just remained calm and as understanding as possible when talking to him. (@32sillylight32)

Noah snickered, '' Nice talk Norman. Mine was killed way before this zombie crap. My father died of his drugs addiction and you know what he told me, This life isn't worth living with the amount of grief in it. I did not believe him. I continued, struggling to live on my own in the streets. The friends I made lived, laughed with me. I was ok. But once again, life fucks you up and rips them away from you slowly slowly. One ends up in prison. Half of them end up dying in a gang fight or in an accident. I struggle, I stay stong. I meet this one man who always had hope.. and you know what he did. As crazy as he is, he fucking adopted me when he had a daughter knowing I was a fucked up case and thrusted me. I believed every. single.words he told me. Life is a struggle, but what comes from it is beautiful. Guess what? I lived by them. They were my source of motivation. The same man died in my hands with my gun in his temple as he asked me to shoot him. He saved others. He didn't think of himself and he payed for it. He asked me to protect his only daughter. I kept hope just for him. I told myself that we will survive together. That it was impossible for us to die if we sticked together.'' He trailed off kneeling to the ground in screams of anguish. '' I fucking gave my everything but she ended up dying. She died with my bullet in her head.'' he trailed off clenching his shirt over his heart as he cried it all. '' Just leave...Leave me alone.'' he said in a pleading voice.

(It's good, don't worry.)

"My father also died before this... He died of a drink-driving accident. He promised me he'd stop drinking on the night of my twelfth birthday, but he didn't, and he died a month after Nathan was born - Instead of sending myself and Nathan off to live with a foster family, I stuck by what I had and I raised that kid when there was no one else who gave a shit. Nathan lost everything. His mother, grandparents, friends - Look at him, he keeps going and he stays happy because he knows people appreciate it." He said with a soft sigh as he walked over to the door and opened it up, taking one step out of it.

".. You gave your everythin', Noah... I respect that. I hope you find peace in this - She didn't die because of you. It was the fever that got her to that spot - You did the kindest thing you could have done, you did what she wanted - So keep doin' what she wanted and don't torture yourself. Endin' it for her may have felt like the wrong thing to do, man... But... You were brave. And you showed her kindness and compassion..." He explained and then bowed his head. ".. If you ever need to talk, you can talk to me or Nathan - I ain't the best at bein' happy, but the thing Nathan can't offer you is a drink as well - I'll be around, and so will he... Calm down, okay? You're a good man - Don't forget that, because none of us have." He said with a curt nod as he quietly exited the room and gently closed the door over. (@32sillylight32)

Noah didn't respond, he couldn't talk anymore as the tears fell on the gym floor with his whimpering. He didn't want to remember that look of hers. How she looked at him once the bullet was deep inside her skull. Dead, not the beautiful green eyes he use to admire and compliment her all the time. He loved her so much and he didn't mind if they were the two last people on this world. But he knew she wasn't. She didn't fit in this world. She had to much sympathy, compassion. Her soul was to good for this kind of world. He heard her cry silently at night. He knew how much she hated it and that is why he wanted to come here in the first place. She was a social butterfly and loved being surrounded by tons of people. He wasn't but she was and that's why he thought coming here was going to ease her mood up. Noah stayed at the gym hearing the door closed. His forehead resting n the floor praying for whatever god was up there to take his life away.

Nathan left the bedroom he was in and went down to the kitchen to make himself some instant hot chocolate - Once he made it he took a sip and then walked through to the gym with the intention to work out for a while. He nearby hated the cold, and he wasn't really as inventive or efficient when it came to building stuff from scratch so he decided to stay in today. That's when he saw Noah lying and sobbing on the floor; he stood there in an awkward silence before stepping in and gently closing the door over.

".. Noah...? Are you okay...?" He asked gently. (@32sillylight32)

Noah stiffened as he heard the young boy's voice. He took in a deep breath and discreetly whipped his tears and stood up. He walked over to the little kid and ruffled his hair, '' I go hurt lifting the weights...Don't tell anyone I was crying.'' he lied giving a small smile as he exited the gym not wanting to be bothered anymore. He went over the only place he knew he could have peace. The snow had melted a bit and it seemed more Autumn like so it wasn't as bad being outside. He walked up the roof just wearing a leather jacket and a pair of jeans. He sat facing the railings of the roof and looked far ahead crying on the inside.

Nathan thought to himself for a moment after Noah left and then shook his head; he knew instantly that it wasn't any lifting of weights that had hurt him, seeing as they all looked untouched and none were spread out across the floor anywhere. He went back to the kitchen and made another cup of instant hot chocolate before climbing up the stairs to follow Noah. He went to the roof and quietly walked and sat down beside him, holding the cup out in front of him. He gave just a simple smile, but the look in his eyes sort of made Noah realize that his attempt to lie hadn't really done any good on this kid. (@32sillylight32)

Noah looked surprised that the kid followed him all the way up here and even made him a cup of chocolate. The only few people who could always bring him a smile to his face would be kids. Noah left a small smile appear on his face as he took the cup of hot chocolate '' Thank you,'' he quietly said as he sipped on it looking forward.

'' Pretty much... I haven't slept well the past few days.'' Noah said not wanting to remember why and to look weak in front of the kids. He pushed himself a bit for Nathan to sit if he wanted. But he really didn't want to think about this. The fact that Norman knew that he wanted to jump off the roof surprised him. He made sure to do it when no one would of known or saw him.

''Yes.'' Noah answered quietly as he sipped again on the cup of hot chocolate. '' How are you Nathan?'' he asked to change subject. He had enough for the day on that subject.

".. I'm okay, yeah... A bit bored, but... I learn to live with it." He smiled, sipping his drink. "What about you?" He asked, briefly brushing the snow on the roof with one of his hands. (@32sillylight32)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back