• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
aVOilt4h7Q7J1BRWyfUPGMGmDR2go0BVtb41CqiiR2XgQNsxNJ2aDVwGphQXgKNlCPXX65fN4qdA7Ppe02RhXVNd7Ya1K9puZWIkjS8CqmtunB-6ucG0x0uVucmZNqi6hk88jKap

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/09/03/ca/0903ca1dbfea825cb5a9bccc47a2d783.jpg

The Boxcar Children - Wikipedia

Rated PG-13 (Think Disney)

The Boxcar Children was a story first published in 1924. It was about four orphaned children who make a home for themselves in an abandoned boxcar in the forest. But the name of the story and the fact that a boxcar is involved as far as the similarity goes to the original story. But I do give credit to the book as an inspiration.

THIS Boxcar is a sort of gateway similar to the Wardrobe in the Chronicles of Narnia. Close all the doors and something magical will happen. The Boxcar will start to shake and rattle as if accelerating down a track. The doors will refuse to open. Then after a short time the movement will come to a halt.

When the children reopen them the children will find themselves in another realm with the boxcar placed on some abandoned section of track. Civilization will be within a traversable distance - either nearby or a day or so, but obvious by signs like smoke or lights. That doesn’t mean the trip will be safe. (Note that the violence in this RP will be PG-13, like Disney. Earth is more dangerous than most other realms.)

The Boxcar arrival points won’t necessarily be in the same section of track or time. In other words, once you leave, you might not be able to make it back to where the trip began.

The Boxcar will not jump again for an unknown time, typically not more than a week.

There is one more rule. The Boxcar will never leave a child behind against his or her will. If four children enter, close the doors and arrive at a new location, they cannot jump again unless either all four are aboard, or those not aboard have chosen to remain. However, they CAN bring a new child along.

The Boxcar will not operate with an adult aboard. It will never arrive with adults outside.

To those outside the Boxcar when the doors are closed it never moves. But if the doors are opened again from the outside, it will be discovered to be empty.

When the children exit the Boxcar, they will discover it looks different each time.

Secrets of the Boxcar
It IS possible to control when and where the jumps arrive. But that is a mystery for the group to discover.

Children will cease aging for one year after a jump. So long as they jump once a year they will never age.

Children who are ill will be cured the instant the Boxcar jumps.

Normally the Boxcar needs at least 24 hours before a jump. However, if a child is gravely injured it will activate an emergency mode that drains it for a month. But it will arrive close to where the children can find help - possibly a location they already know of.

Characters
I am looking for a minimum of 4 children. The age range should be 5 to 15. You may run a second character. But I do not want a busload. You will need a CS. Realistic photo, age, general description, Personality (Likes, Dislikes, Quirks), Backstory, Extra (possessions).

Note: We will also create a Boxcar Extra Post over time - things the group does to the Boxcar interior, like adding chairs, beds, trunks. Stuff the characters don’t carry on their person at all times.

Posting
Length of posts should be about 500 words or more (or roughly a page typed in Google Docs using 12 pt font). Third person, past tense. Decent spelling and grammar.

Adhere to Site Rules.

If you are going to ghost, let us know. Don’t leave us hanging.

Last edited:
Excellent. I have links above to the OOC and CS pages. Once we get 4 members, we can get started. The RP is designed so that characters can be retired and added as we go. But the new ones will need to come from the local realm. I DO require that the characters be HUMAN though. You may also create more than one character.

A good example of a set of characters would be the three girls from Despicable Me. One person could run all three as they are definitely a set. I plan to run a pair myself. One of those is trained in outdoor survival. The background explains that VERY well.

Another pair would be something like Calvin O'Keefe and Meg Wallace from A Winkle in Time (but never mind wrinkling things).

Or Harry Potter, Hermoine Grainger, and Ronald Weasley. The character personas alone were great.

I have a pair from 1871 that would work great as well. They are around 11-12.

Last edited:
None. People saying Interested. But noone submitting a CS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back