• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Bounty OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
How long has the town been lost? Are those with the Dark Sight a new thing or are these Hunters known for what they are and can do?

Just wanted to let you guys know I'm relatively new to forum roleplaying. Is there anything important I should know beforehand? Particularly in regards to roleplaying with multiple people?

Might help to put your character's name at the top of each post, so people can easily see which character that post is for? Or use dividers if using one post for both characters?

Some folks also put locations in, just to keep it clear who's where.

Jesus can everyone except Tobias shoot a gun?

ShakinMcBacon ShakinMcBacon everyone has a different post style, and as you start to rp a lot, yours will become more fleshed out. Typically, I format it like

<name>

<post stuffs blah blah yea someone got their kneecaps busted woo>

Some people have rules, like "it has to be 2 paragraphs long" or "insert a spoiler tag of an appearance image," but otherwise its free how you want.

To continue along with the various rules-ing, as the guy in charge, I’m on board with what’s already been said.

Regarding post length - I’m not going to set an arbitrary length, but you should ask yourself before hitting “post”

“Does this substantively add something to the roleplay?”

If you don’t feel like your post has somehow affected something, it probably needs to be changed. Depending on what your character is doing, this may change.

Dialogue might be only a paragraph (avoid one/two liners, ideally.) The alternative is collaborating on dialogue in PMs with the other writers, and building up a combined post including both characters.

On the other hand, if you’re off on your own doing things (at some point hopefully everyone will be) its entirely possible you could crank out several paragraphs of material if you so chose.

I’ll try to set a good guideline for this in my own posts, and if anyone is uncertain of what to do, what’s happening, or where to go, PM me!

im afraid, i can't just got some demanding university assignments to tend to, plus Im far behind as it so I'll be a third wheel. Have fun without me bud

Users who are viewing this thread

Back