• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Boku no Hero: Peace Sign Academia Characters

I did! I see it as him having Cowardice A and B
Cowardice A: he's afraid of scary movies and things / gets freaked out by spiders and icky gooey things. More of a comedic effect cowardly. He can overcome this kind on his own, sometimes.
Cowardice B: He's terrified of villains (since they're basically scary monster movie villains come to life? I guess) and they more than likely trigger a sort of fight-or-flight response in him (where more often than not he'll choose flight)

I dunno if that makes sense, but I want him to be cowardly both in the sense that it's funny (*sees bug, screams*) and also a serious flaw (*sees villain, heart races, cold sweat, considers abandoning the mission, maybe even friends, if he feels his life is in danger*)
Sorry about the delay I had to think a bit about whether to allow this. I've decided to do so and take a leap of faith in that you will be playing a consistent character that leaves room for others to shine as well.

• [tab General Info]
  • agsdsf-jpg.366957

Appearance: Mirai's an all-around average-looking kid. He's got a messy mop of hair on his head that, no matter what he does, always looks like he's just rolled out of bed. He's also a bit on the short side, but it's not like he can help it, right? Other than his height, the only other striking thing about him is that goofy expression he wears practically all the time. It's made even more silly by the fact that his eyes are almost always closed. How does this boy navigate, honestly? When he's not in his school uniform, his casual attire consists of a long-sleeve turtleneck with blue sleeves and neck, and white from below the shoulders down to his waist, accompanied by a pair of comfy-looking blue sweats. His goggles, more often than not, hang loose around his neck. Because of his quirk, his eyes are an electric blue from his sclera to his irises, and patterned like a circular circuit-board.

30c815e6d9316af41d94e9842f79fd96-jpg.366914
    Hero Costume: His self-drawn design for his own Hero Costume, as put by someone from the Support Course, looked like "a crude drawing of a scrawny kid dressed like a K-pop singer", which, in all fairness, was more-or-less the look Mirai was going for. He couldn't think of any gadgets (help this boy) that could serve his quirk, so he figured he might as well have a costume that wasn't too bulky or restricting.

a07774b09501368f8665050f87641961-jpg.366915

Goggles: The one bit of constructive input Mirai had on his costume was the addition of a pair of goggles specifically designed with his quirk in mind. Somehow, they were meant to help Mirai cope with the occasionally disorienting amount of information his eyes pick up, allowing him to focus more easily and disregard superfluous data.

APPROVED!

Mocha Cwraith

• "I'm the one under the bed. I'm the one in your nightmares. I am fear... but also keep in mind I'm not a villain..." - Mocha
    spgCyui.png
    Desired Hero Name: Wraith
    Epithet: the Terror Hero
    Name: Mocha Cwraith
    Extra class: Mentoring

Appearance: Sly-eyed and meagerly built. She typically bears a blank face but occasionally has a devilish grin. Her hair is naturally brunette, but a side effect of her quirk has drained it of color, leaving her flaxen with strains of pink.

Hero Costume: Her costume bears the appearance of a spectral wraith, clad in black and donned in brown leather armor. Mocha also has a torn black cloak with a hallowing pure black face mask with fitted eyeholes, drawing attention to her eyes. Her rationale is that a blank slate is the best thing for fears to build off of with her quirk, also drawing attention to her eyes is what allows her quirk to work. The overall look of her costume draws comparisons to the grim reaper in combination with a cowboy.

Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 118lb

Last edited:
d when something doesn't
when something doesn't what?

Your personality in general is still lacking serious flaws

Quirk: heat absorption : With this power, Katio is able to store heat from the sun and transfers it to his wings. With this heat, he's able to shoot flames from them.
- If he absorbs to much heat, his body will overheat. This may leave him ill
- After using a big move, depending how big the move is, Katio loses heat from his body. With out heat, he can't use fire, so he needs time to restore it.
- His fire power is weaken during the night time, so he used the heat that's stored in his scarf or he has to find something that gives off heat

What are his goals to make his Quirk stronger?:. Wants to beable to use his fire power more ways, like storing heat in his hands as well.

Special Moves: Wing blast : A move that gathers every inch of heat in his body, causing his wings to glow and overheat, then shoots a large blast of fire using the heat from both wings
Fire quirks are a little hard to judge as they aren't that overpowered nor to I want to fully ban them but they can cause permanent damage too easily. I will have to deliberate a bit with my co-GMs over how to modify it.

In the meantime though, I'm gonna need measures. The "grades" of how big a move is, how long it takes too overheat, how much he needs to heat to shoot his flames, how kuch fire he can generate before running out of heat and how long he takes to recover afterwards.

Oh and how large that fire is in his special move.

Hero Name: Wraith
That's "desired" hero name. There is no absolute guarantee you will end up with that hero name yet :P

From seemingly nowhere she quickly transfers from stoic guardian of virtue to a sadistic lunatic.
This won't do. At the very least I need to know the why and what will trigger this.
Also don't forget certain behaviors will get the character kicked out of the school. This is a hero school, not a prison, if yo got around trying to severely injure people, you may be found to be...unfit.

That said, I am gonna need to expand on that personality as it is currently too one-dimensional.

Also, this is just a suggestion and you don't have to take it at alll but... how about making her actually fearless, with all the consequences that entails? I don't mean there isn't anything she is afraid of, but her quirk made her so numb to fear that she just stops getting phased by what common sense would tell a normla person to be afraid of? Again, just a potential suggestion

Explanation: Mocha has the ability to cause hysteria in the people she infects. Her quirk is based on having people look into her eyes. The hallucinations she forms aren't controlled by her entirely, she is able to make them hallucinate certain things like making foes imagine her as a wraith-like apparition. However, the main aspect of her quirk is stimulating the opponent's brain to overproduce fear-inducing chemicals. Mocha also gains increased strength and speed based on how much fear is in the atmosphere (minimal margin, could go up as she grows, but currently it's the difference between jogging and running, all within the realm of feasible human abilities.)

The time of the fear is indefinite, varies by person (typically a few minutes, subject to change with growth), but it will always break when Mocha or the target is unconscious. It is possible to ignore the quirk if the target possesses no fear, but, as Mocha puts it:

"Everyone is scared of something, but if they aren't, I'll make them fear me." - Mocha
When in combat her ability is very useful one-on-one, where she only has one opponent to infect. However, in a group battle, she can find it difficult to lock eyes with every single person.
I won't ask you to remove the effect entirely, but please make this harder to trigger. If all someone has to do is look once and they're dead meat that's no good.
I also need more specific measures on the time. Just "it varies" won't do. Give me a proper range at least.

Horseman of the Apocalypse- The most counter-intuitive use of her quirk, she directly fears herself using a reflection, most commonly using her sword as a mirror. Mocha understands that her fear is an illusion, so she is able to muddle through it. The advantage of this is the fear she produces herself. She is terrified of the chaos of her quirk, and the psychiatric nature it possesses. This increases her physical capabilities by a vast amount.
-You can't have swords
-How much is that "vast amount"
-Please give this some kind of actual negative effect, as she is basiclaly able to skip fear

Items: Dual swords in which she has tied straps to prevent them from unsheathing all the way, she has a particular no-maiming policy. Thus no stabbing or slashing, only blunt force is permitted by her own accord.
I'm afraid even if it's "her policy" not to use them, I can't have you bringing in real swords.

Skills/talents: She is especially skilled in psychological warfare (who would have guessed?). She possesses some talent with her swords but prefers to just beat people using sheer strength.
Please redo these. The first is only possible if you powergame and the second is meaningless as you aren't allowed to bring swords.

That's "desired" hero name. There is no absolute guarantee you will end up with that hero name yet :P

This won't do. At the very least I need to know the why and what will trigger this.
Also don't forget certain behaviors will get the character kicked out of the school. This is a hero school, not a prison, if yo got around trying to severely injure people, you may be found to be...unfit.

That said, I am gonna need to expand on that personality as it is currently too one-dimensional.

Also, this is just a suggestion and you don't have to take it at alll but... how about making her actually fearless, with all the consequences that entails? I don't mean there isn't anything she is afraid of, but her quirk made her so numb to fear that she just stops getting phased by what common sense would tell a normla person to be afraid of? Again, just a potential suggestion

I won't ask you to remove the effect entirely, but please make this harder to trigger. If all someone has to do is look once and they're dead meat that's no good.
I also need more specific measures on the time. Just "it varies" won't do. Give me a proper range at least.

-You can't have swords
-Please give this some kind of actual negative effect, as she is basiclaly able to skip fear

I'm afraid even if it's "her policy" not to use them, I can't have you bringing in real swords.

Please redo these. The first is only possible if you powergame and the second is meaningless as you aren't allowed to bring swords.

Gotcha, I'll make the changes.

-You can't have swords

I've made the changes as needed.
Summary of alterations:
- I've altered words and added two paragraphs to her personality bio, instead of being sadistic, she maintains a balance between her identity and her quirk. Using her quirk more like a tool rather than a part of herself, she distances herself from the havoc it can bring. She is still a law-man and desires universal order.

- I've added clauses to her quirk, some changes were intended from the first draft but didn't come out in reading. She has to lock eyes with the target, so both parties must look into each other's eyes, also it's not just a glance it's by the definition of locking eyes with some other person.

- Mocha no longer possesses swords, but instead has batons. (Understandable if this is also unacceptable by the school.)

- She also has different skills, possessing minor abilities in martial arts and a type of mental 'library' containing notable horror tropes and identities.

Note: Thank you for the input for her disposition on fear, but I've decided that she must be afraid of her own quirk.

(typically a few minutes, subject to change with growth)
"A few" being?

Also define "locked eyes" as I don't see how that's any different from two people just looking into each others eyes. If it isn't, then it needs to be harder still.

Horseman of the Apocalypse- The most counter-intuitive use of her quirk, she directly fears herself using a reflection, most commonly using her sword as a mirror. Mocha understands that her fear is an illusion, so she is able to muddle through it. barely. The advantage of this is the fear she produces herself. She is terrified of the chaos of her quirk, and the psychiatric nature it possesses. This increases her physical capabilities by a vast amount. Vast being, if it were quantified, 1.5 times stronger and faster. If the most she could life was 50lb that'd be enhanced to 75lb, if her fastest 100m dash time was 12 seconds it'd now be 8 seconds. The downside of this ability is the fear she experiences herself, she is not immune to it, but she is able to move in spite of it. Moving is the best that she could do willingly, the fear itself will cause her to lash out at anything that approaches her. Another downside of this tactic is that, when used consistently, it could lead to heart trouble, as the main chemical behind fear, glutamate, accelerates heart activity. And high BPM leads to heart-failure, cardiac-arrest, etc.
Please add a time limit of how long she can bear this

"A few" being?

Also define "locked eyes" as I don't see how that's any different from two people just looking into each others eyes. If it isn't, then it needs to be harder still.

Please add a time limit of how long she can bear this

Done, I define locked as once both parties find it hard to look away. It's the type of thing that happens when you talk to somebody. You typically look at one of their eyes, or you may find you switch between them. For quantification, I've added a set amount of time it takes for the quirk to activate, around 3 seconds. This is generally the amount of time it takes for one to realize that they're staring at something. Also, keep in mind that it requires consistent line of sight.

The quirk works for two to three minutes I don't think this is too long, but if you think otherwise I am complicit to change.

And the time limit I've added for her special move is five minutes at most.

Done, I define locked as once both parties find it hard to look away. It's the type of thing that happens when you talk to somebody. You typically look at one of their eyes, or you may find you switch between them. For quantification, I've added a set amount of time it takes for the quirk to activate, around 3 seconds. This is generally the amount of time it takes for one to realize that they're staring at something. Also, keep in mind that it requires consistent line of sight.

The quirk works for two to three minutes I don't think this is too long, but if you think otherwise I am complicit to change.

And the time limit I've added for her special move is five minutes at most.
Make that first time (the one in which they have to look) 10 seconds (you will later be able to reduce that with QEP) and I will approve the ability

Mocha Cwraith

• "I'm the one under the bed. I'm the one in your nightmares. I am fear... but also keep in mind I'm not a villain..." - Mocha
    spgCyui.png
    Desired Hero Name: Wraith
    Epithet: the Terror Hero
    Name: Mocha Cwraith
    Extra class: Mentoring

Appearance: Sly-eyed and meagerly built. She typically bears a blank face but occasionally has a devilish grin. Her hair is naturally brunette, but a side effect of her quirk has drained it of color, leaving her flaxen with strains of pink.

Hero Costume: Her costume bears the appearance of a spectral wraith, clad in black and donned in brown leather armor. Mocha also has a torn black cloak with a hallowing pure black face mask with fitted eyeholes, drawing attention to her eyes. Her rationale is that a blank slate is the best thing for fears to build off of with her quirk, also drawing attention to her eyes is what allows her quirk to work. The overall look of her costume draws comparisons to the grim reaper in combination with a cowboy.

Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 97lb

APPROVED!

"I don't know if I will be much help, but I'm here if you need me!"

Name: Kaito Shissei
Nicknames: Kai
Desired Hero Name: WetJet
Chosen Extra Class: Support

Appearance:
4ec3d21eb9319a975938e4228fe7c77f.jpg

Future Hero Costume:

79e6e7a80995c5e92dc64293f54257f0.jpg

Hydroid Suit Prototype- The hydroid suit is made from porous neoprene(black parts), and lightweight aluminum(silver parts).It stores secreted water from Kaito's skin and use it to power the suit and keep him hydrated making his quirk far more efficient. Noozles on the palms of the suit and soles of the feet allow Kaito to use his abilities with more ease.Inside, the helmet Kaito can monitor his bodies fluid level.

Height: 5'7"
Weight: 132 lbs

Personality:
Kaito is a reserved kid, who knows exactly what he wants in life and strives to obtain it. Kaito's humility and optimism are what allow him to focus on improving his quirk, and his discipline keeps him out of trouble. There is no challenge or obstacle in Kaito's mind that is too cumbersome for the young hero to be, or at least that's how he portrays himself.

In reality, Kaito is a complete and utter anxious mess. Each and every day he laments being born with such a weak and useless quirk. Against his better judgment, Kaito even finds himself envious of his peers at times. Kaito isn't shy or reserved he just struggles to make new friends, what would they think of him when they found out just how helpless he was. Constant belittlement in his past chipped away at his self-confidence and esteem. He swims constantly to keep his mind busy and away from darker thoughts. Despite his overwhelming pessimism, Kaito knew one thing for sure, he needed to become a hero, and the only obstacle that stands in his way is his own self-depreciation.

Likes: Competitive swimming, staying hydrated, sushi, making others laugh, and personal space.
Dislikes: His own quirk, parties, bullies, feeling useless, and being laughed at.
Fears: Being too weak to save anyone and rejection from his peers.
Mannerisms: Kaito is a soft-spoken kid. His mind is always full of things to say, but he often keeps them to himself. Mistaken for a boring person, Kaito just lacks the extroversion necessary to freely speak his mind. He also cannot control his water secretion when he is nervous, making for very awkward situations.

Backstory:
Kaito was born an only child to the owners of the renowned restaurant, Sushi Saito. Kaito's parents loved running their restaurant so much they gave their first born son a name that would remind them of it. Kaito was groomed by his loving parents to succeed them in running the family business, and Kaito was eager to take the role. Kaito was much less eager about school. During his youth, Kaito had a habit of secreting water whenever he got nervous or anxious. Because of this and the fact that his father was quirkless, Kaito was often mocked by his peers, their words hurt but Kaito could always find solace in his parent's kitchen. However, one wintry night the restaurant had the misfortune of being targeted by two thieving villains. Kaito's father tried to fend off the villainous duo, however, he was a quirkless man and stood no chance. Seeing his father losing to those men sparked something in Kaito causing him to confront the two villains himself.The two fiends savagely beat down Saito and his father, and Kaito thought he just might die if two men continued their ruthless assault. It was that night he realized just how weak he was; just how little he could protect. But just as all hope was lost and Kaito lingered on the cusp of consciousness a mighty voice echoed out into the night.

"It's fine now. Why? Because I am here!" Kaito heard the hero say as he faded into unconsciousness.

It was that winter night that changed Kaito forever. He had never considered becoming a hero, his quirk wasn't suited for combat. He had grown up in quiet comfort for so long, never really needing anything. But, after that night it was all he could think about. He had never before wanted something so desperately. Kaito swore to his parent's that he would become a hero of justice despite his seemingly lack-luster quirk. He turned his hobby of swimming into a way to train his body. Leisurely swims turned into intense workouts to compete on a national level. Kaito's infectious passion even spread to his best friend Cho, who joined him on his workouts and trained with him until an opportunity appeared, the Peace Sign Academy Entrance Exam. This was just the chance he needed.

Relationships:
Mother- Kaito's mother bears the quirk Aqueous Skin which allows her to form a clear coat of water on her skin. While not the most practical she used her quirk to assume Kaito in his early years. She is a kind and doting mother who wishes that her son's dreams of becoming a hero come true.

Father- Kaito's father was not unlike his mother. He is a kind and good-hearted honest man. However, unlike Kaito's mother, his father was more a realist. He is happy his son has the passion to become a hero, but he didn't want his son to waste his time chasing a distant dream. Instead, he would rather Kaito join him in running his families illustrious restaurant, "Sushi Saito."

Best friend- Cho Yujin, Kaito's best friend and crush since primary school shared his dream to become a hero, but where he excelled Cho fell short. Undeterred, however, Cho remains confident that she will one day become a hero alongside Kaito.

Quirk: Osmosis- Kaito is able to control his bodies own osmotic pressure allowing him to absorb and secrete water at will.

In order to take water into his body, Kaito must make physical contact with the source (body of water, tree, human). Kaito then increases his osmotic pressure allowing for water to slowly seep into his body. The speed of the absorption depends on two factors: the amount of contact with the source (two hands absorb faster than one) and purity of the source (water from a freshwater lake can be absorbed much faster than water from a tree or a human).
In order to secrete water from his body, Kaito decreases his osmotic pressure allowing for water to slowly seep out of his pore coating his skin and leaving him drenched. If he is making contact with a container of water (lake or a person) he can infuse water back into them. Kaito has also learned to use this ability to "skate" on a layer of water constantly being excreted from the soles of his feet, however, this requires him to be barefoot.

Kaito's body normally holds 40 Liters of water in his body (Average human body to water ratio). The maximum amount of water Kaito's body can hold is 70 Liters. It takes him approximately 5 mins of absorption (from a pure source) to reach his max. When he is at his maximum he looks extremely bloated and waddles when he tries to run. If he tries to absorb water past his limit his cells begin to take in too much water and slowly rupture until he returns to his limit (Though, Kaito has no way to track this and can only rely on his gut to tell when he close to his limit). If Kaito's body water falls below 30 Liters due to overuse of his secretion ability, he becomes fatigued and dehydrated.

Special Moves: Collision Stream! - If Kaito concentrates on a singular point on his body and puts all his energy into secreting, he can fire off a single powerful jet stream of water (Strong enough to knock a PSA teacher off his feet if he wasn't paying attention). However, using the move guaranteed to put Kaito in a state of dehydration unless he was filled to his maximum with water.

Items:
Kaito carries his lucky googles to keep water out of his eyes.
577a42d113a60f6da949a4b5f6ba2548.jpg
Kaito usually has a one-liter water bottle on his person that he refills constantly throughout the day.
f745a85018102e2069a90a1405a0c79b.jpg

Skills/talents:
Swimming- Kaito is an adept swimmer, and has been competing in nationally ranked swimming tournament for years. When swimming recreationally he can use his quirk to absorb the water in front of his and secrete it behind him allowing him to swim much faster than he could unaided.

Sushi Preparation- While working in his parent's sushi bar he has picked up a few sushi secrets, and while he is not as good as his parents he is still an adept sushi chef. Meanwhile, properly boiling an egg still remains a struggle.

Idea Idea Purize Purize BugDozer73 BugDozer73

Theme Song:

Last edited:
What's wrong with his personality?

And his quirk has many weaknesses. Also, his signature move won't be that big

What's wrong with his personality?

And his quirk has many weaknesses. Also, his signature move won't be that big
It's missing serious flaws, and there is one sentence missing a word

And regardless, I still need those measures. As for the fire matter it's still being deliberated.

What kind of flaws? I don't know what to correct here. Telling me that its missing flaws wont help me buddy.

And yeah that typing mistake, I'll correct it .

I can change his quirk to something else, but it might take me longer to think of something good. I don't see how fire quirks are op since they have many weaknesses

What kind of flaws? I don't know what to correct here. Telling me that its missing flaws wont help me buddy.

And yeah that typing mistake, I'll correct it .

I can change his quirk to something else, but it might take me longer to think of something good. I don't see how fire quirks are op since they have many weaknesses
I suggest you consult the definition of "serious flaw" and "permanent damage" in the terminology of the first OOC page (below the rules) to answer those concerns

he was mocked and picked on by his peers for having such a weak and useless quirk
This is the only issue I have. Your quirk is actually way better than the average one, take for example eye socket guy from ep 1 or Deku's mom to see what the average quirk can achieve. So you wouldn't be mocked for this kind of quirk

This is the only issue I have. Your quirk is actually way better than the average one, take for example eye socket guy from ep 1 or Deku's mom to see what the average quirk can achieve. So you wouldn't be mocked for this kind of quirk

I mean honestly he's just an oversized sponge. He has definitely improved, but during his earlier years his power was basically the power to be wet.

I mean honestly he's just an oversized sponge. He has definitely improved, but during his earlier years his power was basically the power to be wet.

He probably isn't made fun of as much anymore, but the damage to his confidence has already been done. How's that ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back