• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Blood and Roses -yet another vampire/human college RP (wink wink)

Dark Horizon

e064fe36a9038e42e805af10828f523f.gif
🌹 Blood and roses 🌹

Since ancient times humans have feared what might be in the shadows. They told each other stories and made up rules to keep each other safe. But vampires and monsters didn't exist, right?
As humans evolve and grow the danger of shedding light on what is in the shadows is growing with it. It is more and more vital that vampires blend in with society to prevent their discovery.
So in order to better their chances, Cornell University was founded. A school that to all outward appearances is a normal college for students of all sorts. The only difference seems to be the system of night and day classes.
But most don't know the truth about Cornell. All night class students are young vampires learning how to blend into human society and live among humans undetected.

With a new school year come new challenges for our students at Cornell. At first, no one noticed any differences, everyone just assumed students were secretly drinking too much and behaved hungover after a long night out but it is becoming more and more clear that something is up as the number of dazed students with jumbled memories are increasing. The night class recognizes the symptoms of course. Someone is feeding on the students at Cornell and they need to stop or they might risk exposure to humans. To prevent the worst case scenario the night class decides to keep an eye out and try to catch the rule breaker before things go south. But some day students curiosity got piqued so they just might find out the truth before the rule breaking vampire is caught.

Some activities besides the mentioned plot:

Night sports - the night class tends to sneak to a nearby field in the middle of the night to play various sports in the dark to entertain themselves. Some of those sports are: football, baseball, catch, etc...

Start of the year party - teachers pretend they have no idea about this yearly ritual but in truth one of the teachers started it when he was a student at school. It's a party in the woods, students sneak out of school grounds and both day and night class students mingle and have some fun before classes start.

Star competition - each year students vote for their favorite students from both the day and night school. The competition takes a whole week in which the nominated students compete for votes. There is a photoshoot, a talent show and each nominated student gets to put up a stand to earn money and charm students at the yearly school festival. At the end of the week, each candidate walks onto a stage and the voting begins in the form of students handing the candidates roses and them answering questions until the roses are counter and the winners are announced. The winners get to brag that they are the Star of their school year and the money from the roses goes to a club of the winner's choice.

Solstice dance - in December the school organizes a formal and posh dance with all the razzle-dazzle that comes with it. Girls in pretty dresses, guys in suits, elegant music, fancy buffet and a secret after party that is the total opposite as it takes place in the woods where the start of the year party took place.

Visiting day - once every two weeks parents can visit their children in the visitors building which is located right next to the main building. Parents aren't allowed to enter dorms or other buildings without a special visitors pass usually handed only to parents the school can't afford to offend (like money donors or influential parents with people in high places)

...More to be added...

Possible roles:
You and use any of the provided roles or make up something of your own. The list below is more like a prompt to maybe give you some inspiration or ideas.

Vampires
- The Romeo, this vampire is a charmer through and through. They make the day students swoon with words so sweet they give you diabetes. But even the Romeo has a dark secret.
- The wild card, they are unpredictable yet very loyal. The wild card is often called a crazy kid by fellow vampires but behind the mask is a smart and loyal individual with poor impulse control
- The Prince, calm, smart and mysterious are this vampire's most compelling qualities. He comes from one of the most respected and influential vampire clans and of course, he is also the son of the clan leader so everyone gave him the nickname Prince.
- The Smartass, this is an individual that knows so much he is considered a genius and he isn't above letting people know all about it. He often corrects people, makes plans for everything and brags with his knowledge by flaunting it at any given opportunity.
- The loner, this vampire isn't used to big groups and used to prefer being alone. Sometimes he is still surprised when someone tries to talk to him but he is starting to come out of his shell a little bit.
- The 'Geek', this vampire is obsessed with games, anime and manga(you can change this to something else if you want) to the point they are rarely seen without it. If you mention his obsession they will say that it's a way of life and you have no idea what you are talking about before they really start getting into it. Better escape while you can if you don't want to hear a rant and lecture about his latest interest.
-

Humans
- The snoop, this human has the curiosity of a cat. There is no mystery or secret they didn't want to uncover and they can't seem to stop themselves even if they wanted to. After 'Patient zero' told them something was off lately they immediately started snooping around.
- 'Patient zero', this human was the first to be fed on. They have no memory of what happened, sometimes get confused and are the one that told the snoop all about it so they are on the hunt for the truth together.
- Reluctant tagalong, this human believes there is no mystery behind the dazed students, they think it's all the secret partying the students are doing. But because the snoop is their best friend he gets dragged along into the snoop's latest shenanigans.
-

Sorry, my summary skills are in need of improvement hehe but I hope some of you will still give me and this RP a chance. Let me know if you are interested.​

I just started rewatching Vampire Knight, so you very much have my attention. I'm interested!

Not sure if ironic or not.

Ithaca, New York? Home of Cornell University? The most "college town" of all college towns? A lot of young vampires running around would explain the nightlife.

Wait a minute, didn't Elizabeth Kostova say in The Historian that most archivists are vampires under the command of Dracula? Cornell has a GREAT library science program, so that fits.

Lol I'm from a small place in Europe so it's like your speaking Chinese to me right now xD I mean I get what you said I just don't know the place or what is going on there so...

i thought about Vampire Knight as i was reading this (one of my favorite anime; second one i ever watched/finished) and seeing the Romeo vampire just made me think of my two favorite vampire guys. i am IN lmao

Alright, do we have some kind of standard format (character sheet) we could use? :) Or is it OK if I create one, with picture of course?

Alright, do we have some kind of standard format (character sheet) we could use? :) Or is it OK if I create one, with picture of course?
I will privide a characters sheet template but of course you can edit it however you want as long as the important information is in it. =) I will get the treads up today

Users who are viewing this thread

Back