• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Blackened Earth - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Hope I don't get into trouble for this but like here's a bunch of different PDFs for o
Apocalypse World. With some documents that I found when looking for some

Okay, we have some options based on your answers.
  1. Shape-changing is nearly 100% cosmetic. There is no mechanical or narrative benefit other than perhaps “running faster”. As this is a narrative game, how fast you move is usually of no concern or benefit.
  2. Shape-changing is easy—like second-nature—but risky. We’d have to decide the risk. I’m thinking something like you have the potential to go feral or something.
  3. Shape-changing is easy, but has a cost. Either you take harm or something or have to answer an MC (me) question.
Thoughts?

And your wolf choose one:
  • Wolf (2-harm 1-armor close messy alive)
  • Wolf (3-harm 1-armor hand messy alive)
  • Wolf (4-harm hand messy alive)
All the tags mean something narratively or mechanically. Harm is damage. Armor reduces damage coming in. I’m thinking if the wolf has armor, it’s harder to kill it, or you could use it to soak up damage for you. Close and hand are weapon ranges. Close means within shouting distance. I’m thinking in that case, the wolf is so fast and/or can leap hella far to make it effective at longer range. Hand is within arm’s reach. Messy means it leaves a mess of its enemy behind—like a wolf tearing a man’s throat out. Or if it rips a chunk off someone. Alive just means it’s a living creature.

Thoughts on that?

So I'm leaning more towards the second option and can build off of it.
  • Shape-changing is easy—like second-nature—but risky. We’d have to decide the risk. I’m thinking something like you have the potential to go feral or something.
    • Roll+Cool
    • If 10+ can call in NPC wolf shifters
      • Roll+weird
        • 10+ three to four
        • 7-9 one or two
        • 6- only morphs into a wolf instead
    • If 7-9 morphs into a wolf
      • Roll+hard
        • 10+ Increased Speed, Strength, and vision by 2
        • 7-9 Increased Speed, Strength, and vision by 1
        • 6- morphs into a feral Lycan instead
    • If 6- turns into a feral Lycan
      • Roll-weird
      • 10+ no-body saw them.
      • 7-9 one person saw them
        • Roll+Hard
          • 10+ NPC is frozen in fear.
          • 7-9 NPC attempts to kill the beast on it's own.
          • 6- Any NPC in the area trys to attack them
      • 6- multiple people saw them
        • Any NPC in the area trys to attack them

And your wolf choose one:
  • Wolf (2-harm 1-armor close messy alive)
  • Wolf (3-harm 1-armor hand messy alive)
  • Wolf (4-harm hand messy alive)
All the tags mean something narratively or mechanically. Harm is damage. Armor reduces damage coming in. I’m thinking if the wolf has armor, it’s harder to kill it, or you could use it to soak up damage for you. Close and hand are weapon ranges. Close means within shouting distance. I’m thinking in that case, the wolf is so fast and/or can leap hella far to make it effective at longer range. Hand is within arm’s reach. Messy means it leaves a mess of its enemy behind—like a wolf tearing a man’s throat out. Or if it rips a chunk off someone. Alive just means it’s a living creature.

Thoughts on that?

Umm I found this lol

Apparently someone made a character sheet devoted just to being a beast master lol. So I'll probably wait to bring the wolf in until I get an improvement. Then use one of the moves from that playbook

That’s awesome. Just note: to get the beast, you’d take the “Fetch!” move and then write up your beast as per the first page left side.

So I'm leaning more towards the second option and can build off of it.
  • Shape-changing is easy—like second-nature—but risky. We’d have to decide the risk. I’m thinking something like you have the potential to go feral or something.
    • Roll+Cool
    • If 10+ can call in NPC wolf shifters
      • Roll+weird
        • 10+ three to four
        • 7-9 one or two
        • 6- only morphs into a wolf instead
    • If 7-9 morphs into a wolf
      • Roll+hard
        • 10+ Increased Speed, Strength, and vision by 2
        • 7-9 Increased Speed, Strength, and vision by 1
        • 6- morphs into a feral Lycan instead
    • If 6- turns into a feral Lycan
      • Roll-weird
      • 10+ no-body saw them.
      • 7-9 one person saw them
        • Roll+Hard
          • 10+ NPC is frozen in fear.
          • 7-9 NPC attempts to kill the beast on it's own.
          • 6- Any NPC in the area trys to attack them
      • 6- multiple people saw them
        • Any NPC in the area trys to attack them
A custom move is the right direction for the option you chose and this is a good start. I’ll give you a revised version tomorrow.

Last edited:
Dante Redgrave Dante Redgrave , to be clear here’s what should happen:
  1. You take one custom weapon from your character sheet as normal
  2. In place of the second custom weapon, you choose a wolf from the list above as a weapon
  3. When you have an advancement, choose “take a move from another playbook“ and choose “Fetch!“. Your wolf will become ferocious and more capable.
Sound good? You start play with it, but you end in a place with an awesome beast.

Also, Dante Redgrave Dante Redgrave , here's where I'm at on the custom move:

When you shape-change into a wolf, roll+cool. On a 10+, you do it, no problem. On a 7-9, choose 2.
  • It hurts and doesn’t feel right (take 1-harm)
  • You’re having a hard time focusing on logical thought (-1 forward)
  • You succumb to the beast and become a monster (name who you attack)

Hey, pardon the delayed response: Phoenix is all set to go (Just need to remove the WIP from CS sheet).

Also, before posting in introductions, just wanted to clarify what the outlook is about: it's just giving a taste of their personality/ attitude towards the world, correct?
Awesome. And yes, correct.

Dante Redgrave Dante Redgrave , to be clear here’s what should happen:
  1. You take one custom weapon from your character sheet as normal
  2. In place of the second custom weapon, you choose a wolf from the list above as a weapon
  3. When you have an advancement, choose “take a move from another playbook“ and choose “Fetch!“. Your wolf will become ferocious and more capable.
Sound good? You start play with it, but you end in a place with an awesome beast.
Also, Dante Redgrave Dante Redgrave , here's where I'm at on the custom move:

When you shape-change into a wolf, roll+cool. On a 10+, you do it, no problem. On a 7-9, choose 2.
  • It hurts and doesn’t feel right (take 1-harm)
  • You’re having a hard time focusing on logical thought (-1 forward)
  • You succumb to the beast and become a monster (name who you attack)

Sounds good to me, and sorry I don't respond so quickly. Also sorry that I'm going to be offline quite a bit in the next couple of days, but my dog Angel just had her puppies and is still having them atm. So I'll probably be busy making sure that everything goes well over the next couple of days.

Sounds good to me, and sorry I don't respond so quickly. Also sorry that I'm going to be offline quite a bit in the next couple of days, but my dog Angel just had her puppies and is still having them atm. So I'll probably be busy making sure that everything goes well over the next couple of days.

She's had 10 so far I don't think she's going to have any more but she might

Users who are viewing this thread

Back