• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Blackened Earth - Lore

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

WlfSamurai

Maelstrom Engineer
World-Building

• Things don’t stay dead
      • They don't exactly come back to life, either - they just go... wrong. They move around, they change shape, they kill. Sometimes they talk.Don't listen to them.
    • Places of worship
      • “Buttttt, I mean, probably it’s the things that those people worship. I saw...two of ‘em ever. One was like a BIG white pole and people were in a circle around it on their knees. I saw a lady touch it and she just like...” she gestures, clapping her fist inside her hand with a slurp noise. “Got sucked in! There are lots of people that go pray to things that don’t talk back or do anything good.” She goes back to her work. “People so bad things for those things they worship and they think that’s good. It’s not though”
    • Maelshrooms / Rev (Lycoperdon immundus)
      • A fungal species discovered in the years following the great calamity. Consisting of a woody, inedible stub and a bulbous mass, fully mature bodies have a diameter of 6-9 inches and tend to have an off-white/ pale yellow colouration. Though found in a range of biomes across the continent, they seem to prefer semi-arid environments and thrives even in poor conditions, absorbing what few nutrients remain in the soil.
      • Clusters of L.immundus tend to release their spores at the same time, filling the air with ochre-brown particles. Stepping on or otherwise crushing mature heads also triggers the release the spores. When inhaled by animals or people, these may induce nausea, convulsions, disorientation, and panic attacks, the effects lasting 4-6 hours. This also makes infected individuals more susceptible to the terrors of the maelstrom for a short period of time.
      • However, when the immature fungi are harvested and dried, they can be safely ingested as a powder or beverage. This induces a trip similar to psilocybin in many respects, with one notable exception. Those under the influence who are willing to risk opening their minds to the maelstrom can have visions, glean fragments of knowledge regarding current or past events.
    • Broadcasts from Before
      • About once a week, when you turn on the radio, you'll get signals from radio stations of the before-times... But they're new broadcasts every time.
    • Aggressive Growth Reclaiming
      • “I'd think about this question for a good minute before smirking and looking at the person who asked it "Well that would honestly be a good question. So I would suppose that what I find most interesting would be that some city's and town's are covered in greenery. Of course by which I mean moss and vine covered buildings. Along with grass and tree's grown up through and over the side walks and roads. Where as some others have been fully taken over by trees making it into a very big and thick woods. Which is that if you know how to live off the land. Basically if you know how to Track, Trap, and Hunt. Then you'll never go hungry. As you could then hunt the animals in the woods. Which is actually where I had found my pet wolf, but that was when it was a baby.“
    • Therianthropes
      • “As a Therian my self we have the ability to morph into any animal we can actually see, and at anytime into the last animal that we morphed into at ease.”
    • Bullets Like Weeds
      • Food is a scarce commodity that few can afford, but... Bullets. Those are in high supply. It's like the earth itselfs spews them out. You feel them crunching underfoot when you walk. You can take a fistful of dead, grey soil and find at least one or two shiny ones in there. Big caliber, small caliber, shells, slugs, it's like nature itself keeps egging us on this path of murder that turned everything into what it is today. Did our ancestors produce so many, in a mad effort to completely wipe themselves out... Or is something else, deep under the crust of the earth, still creating them, its purpose long forgotten?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back