• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Blackened Earth - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Just FYI, guys. I've added a Lore page where I'll be tracking NPCs, locations, or stuff you run into.

I love all the playbooks, but my favorites are:
  • Brainer - Because they're weird as shit. They can control people. Read their thoughts. Kill them without weapons from far. Did I mention fucking weird as shit?
  • Gunlugger - Because I love being a fucking walking arsenal. And the fuck-off guns.
  • Battlebabe - Seriously get into the shit, like deep. But 100% able to get out of it.
  • Skinner - Don't do the work. Seduce them and make them do it for you!

I was lazily waiting for someone to post a template I could steal. Thanks Frixz!

I kind of want to do the worldbuild bit before I decide on specifics of my hardholder - was that just a thing we did once, or are we doing that again? Like a line per person of something about the setting before we get going?

For shame, no love for the Faceless ;P
I only LOVE them when you play them. Mmmmm.

I was lazily waiting for someone to post a template I could steal. Thanks Frixz!

I kind of want to do the worldbuild bit before I decide on specifics of my hardholder - was that just a thing we did once, or are we doing that again? Like a line per person of something about the setting before we get going?
Correct! That is a thing. The next thing, in fact. If it’s helps your chargen, we can start that now. Give me a bit and I’ll fire off world-building.

I’m going to keep working on the sheet and improving/adding stuff as need be, feel free to steal it but I’ll admit, I’m not great at sheets and formatting.

FYI hoping to get a rough CS out sometime today, but out of curiosity:

Grey Grey for the world-building, you weren’t describing an abandoned museum/ nuclear plant by chance, were you? :lenny:

Ah, it just conveniently lined up with some research I already had done for some of my own projects, but thanks.

Heyo, think I'm gonna drop out on this. Seems like way to much to get knowledgeable on for a hobby.
Sorry for wasting time

Heyo, think I'm gonna drop out on this. Seems like way to much to get knowledgeable on for a hobby.
Sorry for wasting time

I understand if you feel like you need to drop, but before you commit to that, can I ask what you mean?
The learning curve for mechanics can seem steep, but they're easy enough to learn.
There's no other knowledge really required.

Yah! All this lore stuff we are quite literally making up as we go, there haven’t actually been any mechanics at all yet. Apocalypse world requires 2 dice and that’s it. Quite literally one of my favorite systems of all time.

I understand if you feel like you need to drop, but before you commit to that, can I ask what you mean?
The learning curve for mechanics can seem steep, but they're easy enough to learn.
There's no other knowledge really required.
I went to make a character and it downloaded 60 something pages of information all relevant to the cool character types etc.

The MC for example has a whole page of threats to use or something (page 40)
And when the first impression of something that goes
"This is the required information we are using to craft a CS"
Ima just dance right on out

Honestly, you can ignore 90% of that. Especially the MC content.
You can genuinely just read a playbook and get going; anything that's relevant we or Wlf can explain when it becomes relevant.

I went to make a character and it downloaded 60 something pages of information all relevant to the cool character types etc.

The MC for example has a whole page of threats to use or something (page 40)
And when the first impression of something that goes
"This is the required information we are using to craft a CS"
Ima just dance right on out
Oh yeah! Sorry! The MC part is my part. You’re actually NOT supposed to read it.

You just pick one of the characters and fill out one page. All you need to know, 100% is on that sheet. No book. AND! You play the game by literally just saying what you do! I’ll take care of the rest!

I appreciate the clarification but I'm still like a odd belly button.

I'm outie dewds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back