• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Bite Your Tongue [RP]

Characters
Here
DIONE ROUX
location Jack's humble abode / outfit dress

Her finger gently ran along the sheath of the blade, admiring its intricacy. She picked it up carefully, as if it was made out of delicate glass and would break if she wasn’t attentive. The darkness in the woman’s eyes seemed to dissipate and was slowly replaced by a mix of nostalgia and awe. As she unsheathed it, she took notice of how good its condition was despite the scabbard looking rather worn. Dione could tell there was history behind the dagger and came to wonder what significance it held to the vampire in the seat in front of her. Or if it was even his to begin with, as he seemed more versed in the ways of firearms.

After feeling it in her hand – evaluating its weight, size and thickness – her gaze lifted to his once again. She put the blade back into its scabbard, without breaking eye contact, as if she had done it a thousand times before, and set it back down onto the table. She leaned back in her chair, elbows resting on the armrests once again and hands clasped in front of her abdomen.

“It is a delightful blade, cher monsieur. It’ll do me well, no doubt.” Her head tilted to the side and her eyes shifted to Katerina. The woman seemed so obedient, so at ease at his side. It made Dione wonder why she had never experienced such peace with any of her masters. They hadn’t been many, and none had ever been as deceitful as the despicable bastard she had foolishly entrusted her life to. Yet, the feeling of being bound at all times to obey was something she had never been able to feel good with. She crossed her legs again and focused her eyes on the woman, seeking her eyes.

“What precisely is it monsieur Silver would like me to do for him?” She was speaking to Jack, but her eyes remained on Katerina. Without enough time for him to answer, Dione addressed Katerina. “And what would mademoiselle opine of my involvement in this?” Perhaps it was bold of her to address his subordinate. She had no idea how Jack was going to take it, but frankly, it would amuse her either way.

mentions: ditto ditto Elowyn Elowyn

coded by frogmilk

Her finger gently ran along the sheath of the blade, admiring its intricacy. She picked it up carefully, as if it was made out of delicate glass and would break if she wasn’t attentive. The darkness in the woman’s eyes seemed to dissipate and was slowly replaced by a mix of nostalgia and awe. As she unsheathed it, she took notice of how good its condition was despite the scabbard looking rather worn. Dione could tell there was history behind the dagger and came to wonder what significance it held to the vampire in the seat in front of her. Or if it was even his to begin with, as he seemed more versed in the ways of firearms.

After feeling it in her hand – evaluating its weight, size and thickness – her gaze lifted to his once again. She put the blade back into its scabbard, without breaking eye contact, as if she had done it a thousand times before, and set it back down onto the table. She leaned back in her chair, elbows resting on the armrests once again and hands clasped in front of her abdomen.

“It is a delightful blade, cher monsieur. It’ll do me well, no doubt.” Her head tilted to the side and her eyes shifted to Katerina. The woman seemed so obedient, so at ease at his side. It made Dione wonder why she had never experienced such peace with any of her masters. They hadn’t been many, and none had ever been as deceitful as the despicable bastard she had foolishly entrusted her life to. Yet, the feeling of being bound at all times to obey was something she had never been able to feel good with. She crossed her legs again and focused her eyes on the woman, seeking her eyes.

“What precisely is it monsieur Silver would like me to do for him?” She was speaking to Jack, but her eyes remained on Katerina. Without enough time for him to answer, Dione addressed Katerina. “And what would mademoiselle opine of my involvement in this?” Perhaps it was bold of her to address his subordinate. She had no idea how Jack was going to take it, but frankly, it would amuse her either way.

Last edited:

olwen whittacker

~ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ~

~ ⋆ mood: desperate ⋆ ~
interactions: Ronin ( Kryptic Kryptic )

~ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ~​

She winced when she felt Ronin's arm wrap around her to help. Bad. Bad bad. Horrible timing. "Ronin I- no I'm al..." Her head was spinning even as he helped her walk away. Kel was going to give her such shit for abandoning her post. Hopefully it wasn't too busy for him, but she really couldn't leave him alone. Olwen lifted her head to gently protest the tall man's assistance, but found her mouth going dry when they approached the beggars. Her stomach lurched and she suddenly buried her face into his chest.

If she made eye contact like this now with any of them, it would be bad. She needed to get her head under control, and although she didn't realize it, her fangs had emerged and her eyes were glittering silver in the darkness - pure animalistic hunger was threatening to take control. Her fingers dug like claws into Ronin's arm and she shuddered. Did I mention this is bad? Because it's bad. There was no way he didn't know at this point. She could only hope he would keep her secret - well, and that he wouldn't kill her for it.

Olwen swallowed dryly and tried not to breathe. The beggars were filthy but they still had blood running through their veins. Sweet... thick... warm blood. A chill trickled down her spine and made the hair on the nape of her neck tingle. She squeezed his arm harder. "Can you... just take me back? Don't let me go until we're back. Inside. I'll be ok I just... need to- get away from here. My shift is almost over anyway but I can't just leave Kel." It was way too suspicious for her to disappear like that - not to mention her friend was probably worried sick.

On the other hand, she really wasn't in any sort of condition to act normally. Maybe just a little sip would be alright.... Olwen cursed internally and bit hard on her own bottom lip. Bad. No.

~ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ~​

She winced when she felt Ronin's arm wrap around her to help. Bad. Bad bad. Horrible timing. "Ronin I- no I'm al..." Her head was spinning even as he helped her walk away. Kel was going to give her such shit for abandoning her post. Hopefully it wasn't too busy for him, but she really couldn't leave him alone. Olwen lifted her head to gently protest the tall man's assistance, but found her mouth going dry when they approached the beggars. Her stomach lurched and she suddenly buried her face into his chest.

If she made eye contact like this now with any of them, it would be bad. She needed to get her head under control, and although she didn't realize it, her fangs had emerged and her eyes were glittering silver in the darkness - pure animalistic hunger was threatening to take control. Her fingers dug like claws into Ronin's arm and she shuddered. Did I mention this is bad? Because it's bad. There was no way he didn't know at this point. She could only hope he would keep her secret - well, and that he wouldn't kill her for it.

Olwen swallowed dryly and tried not to breathe. The beggars were filthy but they still had blood running through their veins. Sweet... thick... warm blood. A chill trickled down her spine and made the hair on the nape of her neck tingle. She squeezed his arm harder. "Can you... just take me back? Don't let me go until we're back. Inside. I'll be ok I just... need to- get away from here. My shift is almost over anyway but I can't just leave Kel." It was way too suspicious for her to disappear like that - not to mention her friend was probably worried sick.

On the other hand, she really wasn't in any sort of condition to act normally. Maybe just a little sip would be alright.... Olwen cursed internally and bit hard on her own bottom lip. Bad. No.

Katerina

Mood: evaluative

Outfit: a black full-length dress

Interactions: Jack/Silver ditto ditto | Dione frogmilk frogmilk

Katerina knew that blade, knew some of its history. She recalled when it had glittered in Jack's hands like steel and glass and diamond. The shrill animalistic screams of the dying and a thick red liquid covering its sheen. A favorite of his. He'd cut up many with this one even in the short time she'd known him. Dione weighed it in her hand, and Katerina imagined that it was her holding the blade in her hand, feeling its heft and danger lick along the sharp edge. The other woman sheathed it, keeping her eyes on Jack.

Then, rather unexpectedly, her gaze shifted to Katerina's dull hued eyes. What she'd see there was a dark fire. It always burned within her, lending an intensity to her gaze. Of course the blade would do you well... idiot. Jack would hardly give you a defunct one, would be what Dione would hear had she the ability to read minds. Dione then asked her what Katerina thought of her own involvement.

The question was met with a flat answer. "I deem you unnecessary, an unforeseen addition to the plan. The plan will go on whether you assist or not. It makes no difference." She took a step towards the older Justice, and an aura of menace bore down on Dione. "If you, for whatever reason, cause the plan to go awry let it be known that the consequences would be most... dire." She revealed her teeth in a cruel curve of her mouth. It was doubtless a threat.

Then she whirled to face Jack. "Now if we're done here, let's depart soon. I hardly want to keep Lady Death waiting." ... and her bloodlust was still increasing. It pulsed in her gaze, easily readable, and clenched her gut. It promised violence and death to at least five tonight, and she was impatient to get started with what would be a delightful midnight feast.

code by Stardust Galaxy​

Kel Deluccina

-◃' - , -◃▸≎◂▹- , - '▹-

-◃ mood: Amused▹-
interactions: Boruth ( screaming armadillo screaming armadillo )

-◃' - , -◃▸≎◂▹- , - '▹-

A look of surprise crossed Kel's face as he turned his attention back to the attractive stranger - well, he supposed he couldn't call him a stranger anymore. He turned his attention back to Richard. “However I will not accept this drink as an apology.... If it is out of your own free will and nothing else then I will accept." It was the shorter male's turn to smirk. He raised a brow and leaned against the bar.

"Is that so? You're more forward than you come off to be." His eyes glittered with amusement as he poured them each a glass. "I'd say it's my pleasure to buy a handsome fellow like you a drink, but we both know I'm not paying for this." He chuckled and filled two glasses with something pink that was likely very sweet, then extended the offer to his current companion.

Luckily, it wasn't too busy that night, even as the lull caused by the earlier commotion seamed to melt into the past. Kel let his gaze linger curiously on the man he knew as Richard, then tipped the glass to his lips. "Did you go to a fancy school or something? You have a pretty interesting way of speaking. And acting, honestly. It's like you're suuuper old." He didn't mean it in any sort of offensive way - his tone was mixed with genuine curiosity. "You know, I read that vampires can live forever. That would explain an awful lot about you, hm?" He was kidding, of course. He laughed and took another sip.

-◃' -◃▸≎◂▹- '▹-

JACK "SILVER" LIGHTONN
TIME: 22:40

º•.•º•.•º•.•º•.•º•.•º•.•º

JACK SETTLED HIMSELF INTO HIS SEAT, moving in that odd, too-smooth way that he did, and his face settled back into unreadability as his eyes searched Dione's face. "That blade," he said in his low voice, "has a spirit of its own. It is but a wild foal, a small, unbroken horse that I am certain you, Ms. Goddess, can break." He still was not using her name, which was, from him, a sign of respect. "It is one of my favorites, though it was hard to lasso. It is one of the best when one gets a grip on it." The way he spoke of it gave hint to there may have been more to it than there was to a normal blade, though he didn't elaborate. "That much is half of the fun."

Dione's eyes moved to Katerina, but Jack's eyes stayed focused on her, and when she addressed his subordinate, his lips curled up and shoulders jerked suddenly, and a finger went sideways below his nows as he blew out a puff of air, as if he were holding back laughter. This, certainly, was amusing to him, and his eyes brimmed with humor.

As he listened to Katerina respond, his hands moved within the case, though his eyes did not move from Dione. The amusement did not leave his eyes, and he spoke to neither of the women in particular. "Just as time marches onward, so does death in the natural world, and all things decay and rot and become maggot-ridden, yet we still hold the cruel Lord Death in our eyes, smile and bow at his feet, and do his very bidding. After all, if we were not to, we should see the day when all of the world falls away, should we not?" Jack's voice was low, and his words were cryptic. "I fear not the Lord of Death, nor the Underworld, or whatever waits for me, because I am one of Death's children, and, even though children must fear their parents, I must say that I am not afraid of mine whatsoever. The white that I wear becomes red in the night, and the pain in my chest that I get when I must control myself is exhilarating." He paused for a moment to draw out the vial of blood once again. "Humans are pitiful things, however. Their existence can be explained as a number. Their short lives are a decimal point of a large percentage of sheep for the slaughter. They submit themselves unto death, and yet they have the gall to say that they can take out people-- creatures, beasts, what have you-- like you and I."

Jack drew his gun again suddenly and held it up to the vial. There was a small clink as the barrel of the gun tapped the glass of the container. "We creatures, so despised by the world," Jack began, his voice still nearly emotionless despite the words that would otherwise seem passionate, "are forced to cower beneath their heels. This is what they call justice: hurting those who hurt them, even though those who hurt them cannot help what they do." He let out a soft sound of something akin to disgust. "They are mortals, and they hardly know what they do. Thus, it is our job, as...creatures and beasts to bestow justice upon them-- it is our job as Justices."

He pointed his gun at Dione, and the corners of his mouth teased up again. "Today, we execute our purpose in life. You shall be integral. You, an ex-human, will aide in the downfall of your kind and claim your right as a true Justice." His eyes went to Kate. "We shall rule. We shall claim our rights once more."

Jack once again pocketed his weapon and rose from his seat, setting the vial in the case once more. He closed the case, locked it tight, and held it in his hands. "Kate, dearest," he said to his assistant, "you are correct. We shall be going. Our night shan't be delayed, and this takes much setting up."

He walked over to Dione, and he bowed slightly, the bloodlust and hunger in his eyes as he met Dione's eyes. "Mademoiselle Dione, might you accept my invitation and allow me to draw you into the night?"

❦ ❦ ❦​

City hall was entirely still, and the white figure that emerged from the shadows with countless others in tow, all dressed in black. Even so, the movement of the team was odd in a way, for it attracted no attention, and nothing drew the eyes to them. They were like shadows, moving silently and skillfully in the darkness, no words exchanged between them.

They were an army with a plan, and the leader, whose light eyes held such a dark emotion, was ready to execute the plan.

Thus began phase one.

Last edited:
DIONE ROUX
location Jack's humble abode / outfit dress

Dione bit her lip, containing a smile. She wished not to come off as rude to the other woman, though the contempt in her words, for whatever reason, seemed to amuse Dione. “Hmm, I’m sorry to hear that.” She offered an apologetic smile before her eyes darted back to Jack. He seemed to have held back a laugh, much like Dione, though surely for a different reason entirely. She listened as he spoke and almost flinched as the gun clinked against the vial, expecting it to break.

The smile that came upon his face as he pointed the gun at her, followed by the words he spoke, brought annoyance to Dione. Her jaw clenched but her lips remained in a smile. Had she not known better, she might have stood up right then and there and argued with him. The downfall of your kind. The words angered her, for she had not been human in over three hundred years. But the woman knew better, and her demeanor remained calm. It was to be expected from a gentleman like Jack, and she was well aware of it. She watched as his gaze shifted to Katerina, and surprisingly enough, a sting of jealousy hit her. “Ah, how poetic you are.” She feigned amusement as she spoke, though few could actually detect its falsity.

Her name on his tongue felt weird. She wondered what had made him switch from the nickname he had given her, and what it might mean. The brunette swallowed as he approached her and she looked into the hunger in his eyes, slowly but surely getting back in the mood herself. Her heart seemed to skip a beat as she stood and then she leaned over slightly to reach for her purse and the two blades. Surely, nobody was expecting her to fight with only the one. She turned back around to face Jack and smiled. “Certainly, monsieur.”

coded by frogmilk

Dione bit her lip, containing a smile. She wished not to come off as rude to the other woman, though the contempt in her words, for whatever reason, seemed to amuse Dione. “Hmm, I’m sorry to hear that.” She offered an apologetic smile before her eyes darted back to Jack. He seemed to have held back a laugh, much like Dione, though surely for a different reason entirely. She listened as he spoke and almost flinched as the gun clinked against the vial, expecting it to break.

The smile that came upon his face as he pointed the gun at her, followed by the words he spoke, brought annoyance to Dione. Her jaw clenched but her lips remained in a smile. Had she not known better, she might have stood up right then and there and argued with him. The downfall of your kind. The words angered her, for she had not been human in over three hundred years. But the woman knew better, and her demeanor remained calm. It was to be expected from a gentleman like Jack, and she was well aware of it. She watched as his gaze shifted to Katerina, and surprisingly enough, a sting of jealousy hit her. “Ah, how poetic you are.” She feigned amusement as she spoke, though few could actually detect its falsity.

Her name on his tongue felt weird. She wondered what had made him switch from the nickname he had given her, and what it might mean. The brunette swallowed as he approached her and she looked into the hunger in his eyes, slowly but surely getting back in the mood herself. Her heart seemed to skip a beat as she stood and then she leaned over slightly to reach for her purse and the two blades. Surely, nobody was expecting her to fight with only the one. She turned back around to face Jack and smiled. “Certainly, monsieur.”

frank groves.txt
stats.txt
mood: drunk
mentions: queanbean queanbean screaming armadillo screaming armadillo
The night had just begun, and Frank was already a couple of drinks too drunk. He tried his best to pick up any and all shifts his boss had to offer, though apparently today he had been given the day off. He considered it weird since just a couple of hours earlier he had heard the blaring sound of the sirens blast through the pub, but whatever. He stared at the bottom of his glass. How many had he had tonight? The male’s head was spinning slightly, and he knew, despite his best efforts, that his walk would be wobbly was he to stand. Nonetheless, he had a smile plastered on his face. For what better pastime was there than to be drunk out of your mind? Frank chuckled at the thought and reminded himself there were other substances that made for good pastimes, too.

His eyes left the glass and came to rest upon Kel as he heard him offer someone a drink. “H-Hey…” he leaned over towards the younger man, not seeming to care about the one who had been offered drinks. “How come you don’t give me free drinks?” Frank said, through hooded eyes and with a smile. One might have thought it a joke but the two men both knew it was not. “It’s because you’re a creep and you smell bad, Frank.” After the stare down that ensued, Frank closed his eyes, raised his eyebrows, and nodded. Shaking a finger, he replied: “Ya got me there.”

He returned to his original position and muttered how he didn’t smell bad, at least not right now. His eyes looked behind the bar to search for another bartender to pester, and he noticed Olwen had yet to return. In his state, he couldn’t even tell when she had left, but a squinted glance at the clock could tell him her shift wasn’t over just yet.

“Oi, Kel. Sorry to bother you again, mate, but… Where the bloody hell did Olwen go?” his words were a bit slurred as he leaned towards the pair, only now taking notice of the larger man that was sat beside him. He blinked and shook his head slightly, turning on the barstool so that he was now facing them instead of the bar. “Hey, I don’t think we’ve met!” he exclaimed, thrusting his right hand towards the man.
coded by frogmilk

The night had just begun, and Frank was already a couple of drinks too drunk. He tried his best to pick up any and all shifts his boss had to offer, though apparently today he had been given the day off. He considered it weird since just a couple of hours earlier he had heard the blaring sound of the sirens blast through the pub, but whatever. He stared at the bottom of his glass. How many had he had tonight? The male’s head was spinning slightly, and he knew, despite his best efforts, that his walk would be wobbly was he to stand. Nonetheless, he had a smile plastered on his face. For what better pastime was there than to be drunk out of your mind? Frank chuckled at the thought and reminded himself there were other substances that made for good pastimes, too.

His eyes left the glass and came to rest upon Kel as he heard him offer someone a drink. “H-Hey…” he leaned over towards the younger man, not seeming to care about the one who had been offered drinks. “How come you don’t give me free drinks?” Frank said, through hooded eyes and with a smile. One might have thought it a joke but the two men both knew it was not. “It’s because you’re a creep and you smell bad, Frank.” After the stare down that ensued, Frank closed his eyes, raised his eyebrows, and nodded. Shaking a finger, he replied: “Ya got me there.”

He returned to his original position and muttered how he didn’t smell bad, at least not right now. His eyes looked behind the bar to search for another bartender to pester, and he noticed Olwen had yet to return. In his state, he couldn’t even tell when she had left, but a squinted glance at the clock could tell him her shift wasn’t over just yet.

“Oi, Kel. Sorry to bother you again, mate, but… Where the bloody hell did Olwen go?” his words were a bit slurred as he leaned towards the pair, only now taking notice of the larger man that was sat beside him. He blinked and shook his head slightly, turning on the barstool so that he was now facing them instead of the bar. “Hey, I don’t think we’ve met!” he exclaimed, thrusting his right hand towards the man.

Albert Breckenridge

Location - Outside Palmetti's

Mentions - Open/None

The temperature was really starting to drop, enough for him to regret not putting on a jacket. Maybe a bit of movement would 'warm him up'? His shoes made a distinctive clack on the sidewalk in time with the music blasting from his headphones. It was nice not having to listen to the screams, y’know? Once the music hit the chorus, he clicked his heels together. A swing around a lone streetlight and if he was anymore high on life he would start singing. Today was a great day! He was out in a city for the first time in… forever! On Top of that, Justice was about to make some big changes with the taxpayer money around here.

To celebrate, perhaps he would visit a pub for the first time? He didn’t drink, but that wouldn’t stop him from scratching it off of his bucket list. Maybe they would have food or some non-alchoholic drinks? Mayb- oh? He shifted his headphones just enough so he could hear what was going on. Something from an alleyway? He put the speakers back over his ears. Actually, he didn’t care. Not tonight. If some other vampire was getting hungry, or if two drunks were fighting, it wasn’t his business. He! Was! Going! To! A! Pub!

Almost as if it was spoken into existence, a pub appeared right around the corner. It was… whatever, not that he should expect anything impressive around here. While bouncing towards it, he whipped out his phone and checked out the ratings. There weren’t many. Most of them were 2 stars, some 5. None of them said anything, save for one that said ‘Quiet’ -and that one gave it a 5. Palmetti’s? As if on instinct, he took a selfie in front of it. No geotag seemed to fit the aesthetic, oh well. He gave the picture the caption ‘first pub visit ever! and its… this?? lol’.

With that he opened the pub’s door and froze. “Oh! Is this place closing, or am I good to come on in? I never know when these places close up shop now-a-days!”
code by valen t.

Last edited:
“Naturally. Life is too unpredictable for timidity.” His straight-face and matter of fact tone made the reply all the more enigmatic. Was it an honest answer from one ignorant to the teasing? Or was he returning the favor? That was for him to know and Kel to perhaps find out. Just like how Boruth was trying to piece together whatever the pink juice was. “Flattery and drinks? Be careful Kellian, people may start to believe you are making a pass at me.” It didn’t sound like he disliked that prospect.

Like he did with the neglected drink sitting at his eleven, Boruth brought the mysteriously hued liquid to the light. Or at least what counted for light in a place such as this. What an oddly fitting drink for one peculiar busboy. Off to his right he could just barely hear mumbling, it would appear that Frank had something on his mind. However his attention would remain on Kel who had questions that only one who knew the truth would find entertaining. With a hint of a smile he answered, “I come from old stock and older ways. Too much time with people not of my own age. As for your vampires,” He caught the joking tone but still flashed his teeth, and though his pearly canines were a little pointy it was no more than many other people, “No fangs.”

As it turned out, Frank did have something on his mind and it was at that moment he voiced it. Boruth had to swallow a chuckle brought on by the intoxicated man seeming to suddenly realize there was indeed somebody next to him. Setting down his glass he would bite back a chuckle.

“I am afraid you are mistaken my friend.” His eyes went to then away from the offered hand before meeting it with his own, “We met five minutes ago, however you were indisposed at that time.” Although you did pick a fine time to put down your glass, and he had just decided on inviting the drunken man to the vampire talk until another stole his focus.

Shouting in a place such as this would be expected, but what was said had baffled the old one into a momentary silence. He didn’t turn to look at whoever had spoke, instead glancing from Frank, to Kel then to his drink. Cogs in his mind proppeled him toward a possibility he was oh so hoping was not the case.

Katerina

Mood: eager, bloodlust

Outfit: black jumpsuit

Jack certainly was effervescent this night, his amusement that Dione had talked to her was palpable. He normally was not in such a good mood, and Katerina begrudgingly welcomed it. She listened patiently as he launched into another monologue, seemingly addressed to no one. Her fangs itched to sink into flesh. Enough with words, and on with action! As he concluded, Katerina's eyes gleamed with eagerness, lapping up his vision of ruling over the pitiful humans. This was long overdue in her opinion. They'd stuck to the shadows and the nighttime for far too long. And now, finally, they would have the opportunity to seize power. And seize it she would. If you did not have power in this world, you had nothing, a mere slave to the overlords of the realm. It was their chance, and Katerina would succeed. Jack and herself certainly deserved it having planned for this, scheming and plotting for the eventual overturn of the human government. They would be under their control... subjects in a kingdom ruled by Justices.

A song of death and the seduction of power began to hum through her chest giving her energy and drive. They would no longer be limited...

♚ ♚ ♚
They moved through the shadows like shadows themselves, and smoothly a squadron of Jack's Justices split off to accompany Katerina when she turned. They would be coming from all sides, trapping the mayor within. He would not hear a thing until the screams began. And since they were such skilled killers, he wouldn't hear them until it would be too late. The statuesque woman moved with the stealth of a panther, her movements liquid grace.

They moved into position, and Katerina spoke to Jack and the other teams' leaders. "We're ready." The scent of warm human bodies enticed her from beyond the door.

code by Stardust Galaxy​

Celeste
mood: . snoopin

outfit: link

interactions: . none so far
Celeste had been sleeping in a deserted apartment owned by a shady guy she had met at the supermarket. It wasn’t the best, but she was almost out of money and she had no where else to stay. The apartment was dirty but it had a roof and it was somewhat warm. She slept on the couch and kept a baseball bat next to her at all times.

She had been researching vampires for a long time now, using her Macbook she had taken from her mother’s house. She didn’t dare go there again, as she was sure the people who murdered her mom were still watching the house. She had found some leads, but mostly a lot of bullshit information and twilight fanfics. The leads she did find pointed her to a shady bar called Palmetti’s. Having hacked into the security camera’s without a hitch, she did find that a lot of…alternative people came there. But no one really looked like a vampire. But then again, she didn’t really know what vampires looked like. Surely they didn’t actually sparkle?

Maybe vampires preferred weird dive bars or it was just a dead lead, but she had decided that she could at least check it out. It was close to her makeshift ‘home’ anyway. And god knows she could use a drink.

She arrived at the bar late at night, because she figured that was prime vampire hour. There were actually quite a few people around. Celeste tightened her grip on her bag, which held her laptop and a kitchen knife, cause, you know, just in casies, and she went inside.

She approached the bar, ordering a drink absent-mindedly, while trying to listen in to the conversation the guys next to her were having and drummed her fingers on the bar.
code by valen t.

Last edited:

JACK

SILVER

THE TALL FIGURE CLAD in white looked oddly ethereal as he approached the door to the public building, which was open tonight for service, far past its closing time. The eyes of the being searched the front step, and, at the words of his subordinate, withdrew a small bag from his pocket.

Before they had come here, the plan had been explained— rather, Jack Lightonn had given a simple rundown of what was to come.

The two wings of the courthouse would be the starting places. His men would, naturally, begin from the front and back entrances of both wings, and each wing would have a team A, B, C, and D. When the go was given, teams B and C would break out to the middle, team A would take and block off the front, and team D would take and block off the back.

His means of communication with the teams that were on the other side of the building was simple: a simple light of a match.

He sprinkled the powder at his feet, and he bade one of the dark figures surrounding him a nod. Out he drew a match, and, with a quick flick of the wrist, he tossed it onto the ground beside the powder taht he had spread.

There was a great fwoosh as the fire spread from the small match to the gasoline to the entire rest of the border of the large building, and a loud smash as his men broke through the windows of the City Hall.

Not bidding a word of come to either of the women at his side, Jack rushed inside, seeming to sink into the chaos surrounding him.

All around, there were screams of panic. Desperate employees made futile attempts to escape the clutches of Silver’s subordinates, only to have their hot blood spread across the ground by silver daggers at their throats. The white walls, covered in priceless paintings, were sprayed with red, dripping blood, and it didn’t seem necessarily out of place.

Flames licked the inside of the building through the shattered windows as the fire from the gasoline teased that it would intrude on the party as well, and, in the secretary’s office, a flame decided to latch onto the curtain, which quickly spread to the carpet, and the Jack-kin within the room who had been in charge of gathering the papers cried out, “Fire!”

Thus set in more panic, but somewhere in this, Jack had found his way to the central office, the woman who he had only just met earlier that night at his side.

A balding, middle-aged man, dark-haired, dark-eyed, and distinctly human, sat behind his desk, a crucifix held meekly to his heart, fear in his wide eyes.

Jack stood tall before the door, and he calmly shut it. His eyes fixated on the man in the chair, and he, rather nonchalantly, greeted, “Hello, fine sir.”

“S-Stay back, you…!” As he shifted fearfully in his seat, a badge on the man’s chest made itself; the man wore a shining badge with the name KEVIN REYNOLDS, meaning that this was the mayor.

“‘You’ what?” Jack asked in his low voice, face calm. “I am but a man interested in striking a deal with you.”

“No, I know what you are!” The man held his crufix higher. “Vampires. Get back!” He reached for his cell phone.

In the next instant, Jack was holding the man’s wrist and held his phone in his free hand.

The man, panicked, turned towards him with the crucifix. “Vampire!”

“Crying ‘vampire’ does not make it any more or less true, sir. Please, calm down. I am not here to hurt you.” Jack spoke calmly, his eyes unreadable. He moved Reynolds’ phone into his pocket. “I am certain that you, of all people, can understand the wish to negotiate, good sir.”

“You’re a beast…! Back away!”

“Ah, do you not lead that group of humans called the Devoted, sir?” Jack carried on with conversation, ignoring the man’s cries. “To think that the leader would be so vehemently afraid of vampires that he does not even wish to discuss matters of pleasantry with one…and to think that a man in charge of a group so involved in Justice life could not even call the group that he seeks to exterminate by the name that they truly go by…for shame.”

“Are you mocking me?” the mayor asked, and suddenly, from beneath the table, he withdrew a silver gun and pointed it at Jack. “Stay back!”

Jack’s eyes lit up with amusement, and he seemed about to laugh. “Sir, lower the gu—“

Bang!

Jack did not move for a moment, and then he burst out with a loud cackle, his face curling up with sick amusement. “You’re a bad shot,” he said, after laughing for a moment, and he sunk back into his neutral expression. “You are quite the bad shot. Two shots in a wall, and that has…four bullets in it? Ah, but even if you were to hit me with them, they would not hurt me, sir.”

In a quick motion, Jack drew his gun and pointed it at the man. “I cannot say the same for you, sir.”

The mayor stammered, “They’re silver!”

“No, good man,” Jack said, smiling, “I am Silver.” He paused for a moment, his lips sinking back into neutrality. “Put away your weapons. Let us talk. We shall both escape here free, if all goes well, hmm? I truly do not wish to hurt you.”

The mayor froze for a moment, and, slowly, he lowered his crucifix and his gun.

“Ah, I am glad that we are on the same page.”

“What do you want from me?”

“Sir, we are getting ahead of ourselves. I have yet to even introduce myself.”

“I could care less about that. Get this over with, vampire.”

A strange look flashed in Jack’s eyes, but was gone in an instant. “Sir, please, do the least that you can do and listen.”

This shut him up.

Jack cleared his throat. “For the longest time, humans have looked down upon Justices. For what reason?”

“They kill humans. They are vicious, bloodthirsty monsters who only crave human blood.”

“Oh? Do they now? Do I look vicious to you?”

There was no comment from the mayor.

“Watch your words,” Jack warned. “Justices are no monsters. Certainly, some kill humans…but some humans also choose to kill humans, and some humans also choose to kill beasts. For what reason do humans believe that they can slaughter beasts?”

“Do you mean animals?”

Jack’s lips flicked up into a smile of bemusement.

“Hu-Humans kill animals because they need them for food.”

“Do they now? Does that not sound vicious?”

“It’s what humans need to do to sur…vive.”

Jack pointed at the man. “There, sir, is your answer as to why humans die at the hands of Justices, too.”

“What about what’s happening right now?” the mayor asked.

Jack shook his head. “This is a negotiation. This is not about what is happening right now.” He tapped his chin. “Good sir, tell me why you, a human, should live, and why I, a Justice, should spare you.”

“I am the mayor.”

“No. Give me incentive, sir.”

The mayor narrowed his eyes. “What are you asking for, vampire?”

“Simply this: allow access to your information.”

The mayor shook his head. “You can’t just ask me for that! That’s the citizen’s personal information!”

“What would I benefit from it? You’ve said it before that Justices are ‘vicious, bloodthirsty monsters’, so why should it matter that you trade this information with a savage such as myself?”

The mayor’s eyes went wide again. “Vampire, you don’t understand. This is—“

“Human, I do.” The look in Jack’s eyes as he met the mayor’s was dark, foreboding.

As if hypnotized, the mayor asked calmly, “Is that all that you will be requiring?”

“Yes, sir. Simply tell me where to find it and give me the keys to access it.”

Thus, the mayor stood, and, nearly robotically, made his way around the room, showing where to obtain what, giving him the keys to each, and Jack, by the end, had memorized where all of it was.

Jack broke eye contact for a moment, and suddenly, the mayor scrambled back to his seat. “Vampire!” he cried again.

“We have established as much,” Jack said, approaching the table once more.

This time, Jack did not break eye contact with the mayor. “Dione.” He spoke to the only other one in the room, addressing her by her true name, and he made a small sign with his hands: two fingers, on the side of the neck, and sliding across.

It was a signal. A signal to spill.

Blood.
code by ditto (head empty go bonk)

THE TALL FIGURE CLAD in white looked oddly ethereal as he approached the door to the public building, which was open tonight for service, far past its closing time. The eyes of the being searched the front step, and, at the words of his subordinate, withdrew a small bag from his pocket.

Before they had come here, the plan had been explained— rather, Jack Lightonn had given a simple rundown of what was to come.

The two wings of the courthouse would be the starting places. His men would, naturally, begin from the front and back entrances of both wings, and each wing would have a team A, B, C, and D. When the go was given, teams B and C would break out to the middle, team A would take and block off the front, and team D would take and block off the back.

His means of communication with the teams that were on the other side of the building was simple: a simple light of a match.

He sprinkled the powder at his feet, and he bade one of the dark figures surrounding him a nod. Out he drew a match, and, with a quick flick of the wrist, he tossed it onto the ground beside the powder taht he had spread.

There was a great fwoosh as the fire spread from the small match to the gasoline to the entire rest of the border of the large building, and a loud smash as his men broke through the windows of the City Hall.

Not bidding a word of come to either of the women at his side, Jack rushed inside, seeming to sink into the chaos surrounding him.

All around, there were screams of panic. Desperate employees made futile attempts to escape the clutches of Silver’s subordinates, only to have their hot blood spread across the ground by silver daggers at their throats. The white walls, covered in priceless paintings, were sprayed with red, dripping blood, and it didn’t seem necessarily out of place.

Flames licked the inside of the building through the shattered windows as the fire from the gasoline teased that it would intrude on the party as well, and, in the secretary’s office, a flame decided to latch onto the curtain, which quickly spread to the carpet, and the Jack-kin within the room who had been in charge of gathering the papers cried out, “Fire!”

Thus set in more panic, but somewhere in this, Jack had found his way to the central office, the woman who he had only just met earlier that night at his side.

A balding, middle-aged man, dark-haired, dark-eyed, and distinctly human, sat behind his desk, a crucifix held meekly to his heart, fear in his wide eyes.

Jack stood tall before the door, and he calmly shut it. His eyes fixated on the man in the chair, and he, rather nonchalantly, greeted, “Hello, fine sir.”

“S-Stay back, you…!” As he shifted fearfully in his seat, a badge on the man’s chest made itself; the man wore a shining badge with the name KEVIN REYNOLDS, meaning that this was the mayor.

“‘You’ what?” Jack asked in his low voice, face calm. “I am but a man interested in striking a deal with you.”

“No, I know what you are!” The man held his crufix higher. “Vampires. Get back!” He reached for his cell phone.

In the next instant, Jack was holding the man’s wrist and held his phone in his free hand.

The man, panicked, turned towards him with the crucifix. “Vampire!”

“Crying ‘vampire’ does not make it any more or less true, sir. Please, calm down. I am not here to hurt you.” Jack spoke calmly, his eyes unreadable. He moved Reynolds’ phone into his pocket. “I am certain that you, of all people, can understand the wish to negotiate, good sir.”

“You’re a beast…! Back away!”

“Ah, do you not lead that group of humans called the Devoted, sir?” Jack carried on with conversation, ignoring the man’s cries. “To think that the leader would be so vehemently afraid of vampires that he does not even wish to discuss matters of pleasantry with one…and to think that a man in charge of a group so involved in Justice life could not even call the group that he seeks to exterminate by the name that they truly go by…for shame.”

“Are you mocking me?” the mayor asked, and suddenly, from beneath the table, he withdrew a silver gun and pointed it at Jack. “Stay back!”

Jack’s eyes lit up with amusement, and he seemed about to laugh. “Sir, lower the gu—“

Bang!

Jack did not move for a moment, and then he burst out with a loud cackle, his face curling up with sick amusement. “You’re a bad shot,” he said, after laughing for a moment, and he sunk back into his neutral expression. “You are quite the bad shot. Two shots in a wall, and that has…four bullets in it? Ah, but even if you were to hit me with them, they would not hurt me, sir.”

In a quick motion, Jack drew his gun and pointed it at the man. “I cannot say the same for you, sir.”

The mayor stammered, “They’re silver!”

“No, good man,” Jack said, smiling, “I am Silver.” He paused for a moment, his lips sinking back into neutrality. “Put away your weapons. Let us talk. We shall both escape here free, if all goes well, hmm? I truly do not wish to hurt you.”

The mayor froze for a moment, and, slowly, he lowered his crucifix and his gun.

“Ah, I am glad that we are on the same page.”

“What do you want from me?”

“Sir, we are getting ahead of ourselves. I have yet to even introduce myself.”

“I could care less about that. Get this over with, vampire.”

A strange look flashed in Jack’s eyes, but was gone in an instant. “Sir, please, do the least that you can do and listen.”

This shut him up.

Jack cleared his throat. “For the longest time, humans have looked down upon Justices. For what reason?”

“They kill humans. They are vicious, bloodthirsty monsters who only crave human blood.”

“Oh? Do they now? Do I look vicious to you?”

There was no comment from the mayor.

“Watch your words,” Jack warned. “Justices are no monsters. Certainly, some kill humans…but some humans also choose to kill humans, and some humans also choose to kill beasts. For what reason do humans believe that they can slaughter beasts?”

“Do you mean animals?”

Jack’s lips flicked up into a smile of bemusement.

“Hu-Humans kill animals because they need them for food.”

“Do they now? Does that not sound vicious?”

“It’s what humans need to do to sur…vive.”

Jack pointed at the man. “There, sir, is your answer as to why humans die at the hands of Justices, too.”

“What about what’s happening right now?” the mayor asked.

Jack shook his head. “This is a negotiation. This is not about what is happening right now.” He tapped his chin. “Good sir, tell me why you, a human, should live, and why I, a Justice, should spare you.”

“I am the mayor.”

“No. Give me incentive, sir.”

The mayor narrowed his eyes. “What are you asking for, vampire?”

“Simply this: allow access to your information.”

The mayor shook his head. “You can’t just ask me for that! That’s the citizen’s personal information!”

“What would I benefit from it? You’ve said it before that Justices are ‘vicious, bloodthirsty monsters’, so why should it matter that you trade this information with a savage such as myself?”

The mayor’s eyes went wide again. “Vampire, you don’t understand. This is—“

“Human, I do.” The look in Jack’s eyes as he met the mayor’s was dark, foreboding.

As if hypnotized, the mayor asked calmly, “Is that all that you will be requiring?”

“Yes, sir. Simply tell me where to find it and give me the keys to access it.”

Thus, the mayor stood, and, nearly robotically, made his way around the room, showing where to obtain what, giving him the keys to each, and Jack, by the end, had memorized where all of it was.

Jack broke eye contact for a moment, and suddenly, the mayor scrambled back to his seat. “Vampire!” he cried again.

“We have established as much,” Jack said, approaching the table once more.

This time, Jack did not break eye contact with the mayor. “Dione.” He spoke to the only other one in the room, addressing her by her true name, and he made a small sign with his hands: two fingers, on the side of the neck, and sliding across.

It was a signal. A signal to spill.

Blood.

Last edited:

Kel Deluccina

-◃' - , -◃▸≎◂▹- , - '▹-

-◃ mood: Frazzled▹-
interactions: Boruth ( screaming armadillo screaming armadillo ) Frank ( frogmilk frogmilk ) Celeste ( mariee mariee ) Albert ( Typhra Typhra )

-◃' - , -◃▸≎◂▹- , - '▹-

"Be careful Kellian, people may start to believe you are making a pass at me.” And it didn’t sound like Richard disliked that prospect. Kel might have felt a warmth spreading across his cheeks, though he surely didn't outwardly acknowledge it. Rather, he chuckled into his cup and then raised a brow at Richard's suggestion. "That so?" He grinned childishly and leaned against the bar, then turned his mouth into a pout when it was revealed to him that there wasn't any physical evidence to back up his occult curiosity. “No fangs.” Kel rolled his eyes. "I was joking you know..." Even I know a real vampire wouldn't just show off their fangs like that. That would be way too obvious.. Despite his playful suspicion, there was an unmistakable disappointment in his eyes.

He parted his lips to delve a little more into the warm tone with which Richard was addressing him, but his musings were ever so rudely interrupted by Frank and his concerns. “Oi, Kel. Sorry to bother you again, mate, but… Where the bloody hell did Olwen go?” A moment of subtle silent annoyance but also a resurgence of worry. Kel's baby blues turned to the staff door at the back and lingered, lidded, for a short while. He chewed his bottom lip and then shrugged. "She's probably just uh.. well, taking a breather. Although she has been gone for a while..."

The second portion of his sentence was spoken a bit softer than at first. Hopefully nothing had happened to her - although he knew better than to ever doubt her ability to handle herself in a pinch. If only he was aware of what was actually going on.

"Mmmhh..." He lifted a hand to his head and ruffled his burgundy mane. It was getting busy and it was late, and he was regrettably slightly tipsy, so it wasn't as though going to check on her would do any good. It wasn't like he could ask Frank or Richard to man the bar either, and Mason had gone home for the night. Actually, if it were just the two of them he might have felt tempted to take a little break himself, but in the next few moments little Palmetti's shithole pub gained a couple more patrons.

A couple more interesting patrons.

“Oh! Is this place closing, or am I good to come on in? I never know when these places close up shop now-a-days!” Kel pushed his palm the rest of the way through his feathery locks and managed to pull himself out of the abyss of thought enough to smile at the stranger. "Of course we're open. The lights are..." He made it look as though he were checking the lights with a hand-brim held up to his eyes, "As long as the lights are on, so is the tap." Actually, he wondered what the time was. It had to be getting late at this point. Well, as late as late could be in terms of a pub. Kel glanced once more to the back door and sighed. "If you need anything let me know. Feel free to join the crowd over here or at a table, although I can't promise I'll get to you if you're too far away."

It probably didn't quite look like he was working - reclining against the bar, drink in hand, ripped jeans, tousled hair - but at least the next patron to enter had the right idea. The bean himself gave her a quick look-over and inwardly sighed. A cutie! She gave off a very strong don't mess with me aura though, and so he held off on too much teasing for the time being.

"Cheers." He chuckled and sipped at his own drink. When was the bar ever this busy? And why did it have to be now? His fingers itched to text Mason and ask him to come back, but he also didn't want to bother him. Instead, he flipped out his phone and sent a quick message to Olwen.

Satisfied with his attempt, Kel bent forward over the countertop and let out a long sigh. He peeked out of his crossed arms to look at Richard who was, apparently, attempting to converse with their endearing local drunk. "Hey, hey, I saw him first." He chuckled teasingly and waved a hand at Frank. With a sudden pause, Kel lifted a hand to his chin and furrowed his brows, looking intently at the blonde male. "Come to think of it... sleepy eyes, reckless behavior, fancy accent... Frank are you a vampire?" He leaned close to inspect him, very obviously joking.

-◃' -◃▸≎◂▹- '▹-

"Be careful Kellian, people may start to believe you are making a pass at me.” And it didn’t sound like Richard disliked that prospect. Kel might have felt a warmth spreading across his cheeks, though he surely didn't outwardly acknowledge it. Rather, he chuckled into his cup and then raised a brow at Richard's suggestion. "That so?" He grinned childishly and leaned against the bar, then turned his mouth into a pout when it was revealed to him that there wasn't any physical evidence to back up his occult curiosity. “No fangs.” Kel rolled his eyes. "I was joking you know..." Even I know a real vampire wouldn't just show off their fangs like that. That would be way too obvious.. Despite his playful suspicion, there was an unmistakable disappointment in his eyes.

He parted his lips to delve a little more into the warm tone with which Richard was addressing him, but his musings were ever so rudely interrupted by Frank and his concerns. “Oi, Kel. Sorry to bother you again, mate, but… Where the bloody hell did Olwen go?” A moment of subtle silent annoyance but also a resurgence of worry. Kel's baby blues turned to the staff door at the back and lingered, lidded, for a short while. He chewed his bottom lip and then shrugged. "She's probably just uh.. well, taking a breather. Although she has been gone for a while..."

The second portion of his sentence was spoken a bit softer than at first. Hopefully nothing had happened to her - although he knew better than to ever doubt her ability to handle herself in a pinch. If only he was aware of what was actually going on.

"Mmmhh..." He lifted a hand to his head and ruffled his burgundy mane. It was getting busy and it was late, and he was regrettably slightly tipsy, so it wasn't as though going to check on her would do any good. It wasn't like he could ask Frank or Richard to man the bar either, and Mason had gone home for the night. Actually, if it were just the two of them he might have felt tempted to take a little break himself, but in the next few moments little Palmetti's shithole pub gained a couple more patrons.

A couple more interesting patrons.

“Oh! Is this place closing, or am I good to come on in? I never know when these places close up shop now-a-days!” Kel pushed his palm the rest of the way through his feathery locks and managed to pull himself out of the abyss of thought enough to smile at the stranger. "Of course we're open. The lights are..." He made it look as though he were checking the lights with a hand-brim held up to his eyes, "As long as the lights are on, so is the tap." Actually, he wondered what the time was. It had to be getting late at this point. Well, as late as late could be in terms of a pub. Kel glanced once more to the back door and sighed. "If you need anything let me know. Feel free to join the crowd over here or at a table, although I can't promise I'll get to you if you're too far away."

It probably didn't quite look like he was working - reclining against the bar, drink in hand, ripped jeans, tousled hair - but at least the next patron to enter had the right idea. The bean himself gave her a quick look-over and inwardly sighed. A cutie! She gave off a very strong don't mess with me aura though, and so he held off on too much teasing for the time being.

"Cheers." He chuckled and sipped at his own drink. When was the bar ever this busy? And why did it have to be now? His fingers itched to text Mason and ask him to come back, but he also didn't want to bother him. Instead, he flipped out his phone and sent a quick message to Olwen.

Satisfied with his attempt, Kel bent forward over the countertop and let out a long sigh. He peeked out of his crossed arms to look at Richard who was, apparently, attempting to converse with their endearing local drunk. "Hey, hey, I saw him first." He chuckled teasingly and waved a hand at Frank. With a sudden pause, Kel lifted a hand to his chin and furrowed his brows, looking intently at the blonde male. "Come to think of it... sleepy eyes, reckless behavior, fancy accent... Frank are you a vampire?" He leaned close to inspect him, very obviously joking.

frank groves.txt
stats.txt

MOOD: Drunk and happy

INTERACTIONS: Richard/Boruth, Kel & Celeste

MENTIONS: screaming armadillo screaming armadillo queanbean queanbean mariee mariee Typhra Typhra ditto ditto

Frank shook the man’s hand rather enthusiastically, listening, but not really, to what he had to say. The drink on the bar barely had time to get lonely before Frank’s hand returned to empty it. His eyes lingered on the man for a while, but his intoxicated mind had little time to process any of it before Kel answered his question. “Hm…” Frank sighed, but before being able to say much more, another person walked into the bar. A lairy one, at that. Frank’s brows furrowed as his eyes locked onto the newcomer, a confused expression taking hold of his features. Why would the bar be closing before the am? Had the blonde not been completely wankered, he might have picked up on the fact that the stranger had asked for an invitation, though not applicable for a place such as this, it was engraved in his mind that vampires could not gain entry unless you invited them.

He snapped back to the conversation at hand and was just about to take another sip when he noticed the glass was empty, resulting in a frown. “Am- am I a what now?” the words came out a bit slurred, but he seemed to sober up a tad at the mention of vampires. Frank looked curiously at Kel and leaned towards him, allowing for the inspection. He gave him a toothy grin, showing off his nonexistent fangs. “What if I am?” He chuckled at the suggestion and leaned back into place. “Hey, do vamps get hangovers?” He paused and looked at his glass again, and then he noticed the girl who had sat down in close proximity to the group.

“When’s this dive ever this busy?” Frank asked, though it came off more as a remark. Usually, Palmetti’s wouldn’t be half as busy as it was on this evening. Frank was very familiar with its clientele, seeing as you’d often find him sitting right where he was sitting now, and almost none of the guests were regulars. Had he been less drunk, he might have been able to draw some sort of conclusion or see the irony of the situation. On the night they’ve found a dead body just around the corner, a bunch of people are suddenly making their Palmetti’s debut. The young man was still a little hurt that he had not been called in to check the scope on what had happened, but it was also true that he hadn’t had a day off in almost a week. Hopefully, Walker would fill him in next time they spoke.

His eyes went back to the newly seated girl and he leaned towards her a bit, without attacking the personal space of the larger man next to him too much. He felt as though he had seen her somewhere, but he just wasn't able to pinpoint her. "Oi, uh... newcomer, do I know you?"
coded by frogmilk

Frank shook the man’s hand rather enthusiastically, listening, but not really, to what he had to say. The drink on the bar barely had time to get lonely before Frank’s hand returned to empty it. His eyes lingered on the man for a while, but his intoxicated mind had little time to process any of it before Kel answered his question. “Hm…” Frank sighed, but before being able to say much more, another person walked into the bar. A lairy one, at that. Frank’s brows furrowed as his eyes locked onto the newcomer, a confused expression taking hold of his features. Why would the bar be closing before the am? Had the blonde not been completely wankered, he might have picked up on the fact that the stranger had asked for an invitation, though not applicable for a place such as this, it was engraved in his mind that vampires could not gain entry unless you invited them.

He snapped back to the conversation at hand and was just about to take another sip when he noticed the glass was empty, resulting in a frown. “Am- am I a what now?” the words came out a bit slurred, but he seemed to sober up a tad at the mention of vampires. Frank looked curiously at Kel and leaned towards him, allowing for the inspection. He gave him a toothy grin, showing off his nonexistent fangs. “What if I am?” He chuckled at the suggestion and leaned back into place. “Hey, do vamps get hangovers?” He paused and looked at his glass again, and then he noticed the girl who had sat down in close proximity to the group.

“When’s this dive ever this busy?” Frank asked, though it came off more as a remark. Usually, Palmetti’s wouldn’t be half as busy as it was on this evening. Frank was very familiar with its clientele, seeing as you’d often find him sitting right where he was sitting now, and almost none of the guests were regulars. Had he been less drunk, he might have been able to draw some sort of conclusion or see the irony of the situation. On the night they’ve found a dead body just around the corner, a bunch of people are suddenly making their Palmetti’s debut. The young man was still a little hurt that he had not been called in to check the scope on what had happened, but it was also true that he hadn’t had a day off in almost a week. Hopefully, Walker would fill him in next time they spoke.

His eyes went back to the newly seated girl and he leaned towards her a bit, without attacking the personal space of the larger man next to him too much. He felt as though he had seen her somewhere, but he just wasn't able to pinpoint her. "Oi, uh... newcomer, do I know you?"

Last edited:
Celeste
mood: interested but also freaking out

outfit: link

"Come to think of it... sleepy eyes, reckless behavior, fancy accent... Frank are you a vampire?" Celeste’s ears perked up immediately and she almost gave herself whiplash from spinning her head around so quickly. Did he just say vampire? She was almost 100% sure. Or was it just the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon? Whatever it was, Celeste narrowed her eyes as the conversation continued, listening closely. The sound in the rest of the bar seemed to fade as she concentrated on the conversation to the left of her, and her ears prickled as if electricity was in the air.

“What if I am?” The chuckling, kind of drunk dude clearly thought this was all a joke. Celeste felt almost mad, because this was serious business, for gods sake! Then again, he couldn’t possibly know that. It seemed they were just friends joking around. There had been a lot of vampire murders lately, so the subject wasn’t THAT out of the blue. Still, she needed to make sure this wasn’t a lead. Taking a sip from her drink, which tasted absolutely horrible, she scorned but kept her big brown eyes subtly trained on the somewhat handsome Thor looking guy, the small bartender and the drunk Englishman.

Their conversation eventually calmed down and Celeste took another sip from her drink, a little disappointed, when suddenly the drunk guy addressed her. "Oi, uh... newcomer, do I know you?" Immediately flashing a cheeky smile, ignoring the mental panic, she turned her torso a little more towards them. Her soft hair tickled her cheek as she moved and she put it behind her ear, slightly adjusting her glasses, which she didn't really need but which made her look smart. “I don’t think so. I’ve never been here.” She put on a somewhat French accent, just to throw them off just in case if they did recognize her. “I just needed a drink.” She heaved up her glass to do an imaginary toast, adding inconspicuously: “Say, I overheard just now that you were discussing vampires. I heard there was a lot of killing going on around here. Makes a woman feel a little unsafe. Do you guys happen to know anything about that?” She automatically put her other hand on her bag, feeling the weight of the kitchen knife inside.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
Albert Breckenridge

Location - Palmetti's

Outfit -Blouse & Vest

Mentions - Open/None

The man strolled right to the front of the bar and rested his elbows on top, leaning over, but not sitting. There were some specials… Wednesday nights were fish and chip. Damn. He would've loved that. What was today's special, anyways?

“Say, I overheard just now that you were discussing vampires. I heard there was a lot of killing going on around here. Makes a woman feel a little unsafe. Do you guys happen to know anything about that?” A girl asked. What an interesting question.

"And that's why I asked if you guys were open. I would have thought with the murders, we would have places like this close a little earlier. Last thing you need is a drunk stumbling into a den of those things." Breckenridge added, still eyeing the menu. "Also, can a fortnight burger? Ha, Kidding. I'll get some fries. Maybe a non alcoholic Shirley Temple since I'm here." Perhaps that was too friendly? Eh. He wouldn't be sticking around here for to long anyways.

His eyes peeled away to look at all of the other patrons here. Some of them looked… peculiar. Well, better them all here than elsewhere… With that thought he finally sat down.
code by valen t.

DIONE ROUX
location City Hall / outfit dress

The night had gotten even colder in whatever number of hours they had spent in Jack’s lair. As they stood on the steps of City Hall, Dione thought Jack looked almost like an angel, dressed entirely in white. The flames that enveloped the building were mirrored in her brown eyes as she watched them gain in height. They barely had time to rise before Jack disappeared into the building, Dione moving silently beside him. The woman’s steps were so light that her heels barely made sound as they repeatedly hit the stone floors.

Dione’s heart beat fast with excitement as they stood before the mayor’s door. She entered before Jack and stood to the side, eyes locked onto the familiar man in the chair. Her jaw clenched and she almost took a step back at the sight of the crucifix. A feeling close to empathy spread in her chest and her eyes darted back and forth between the mayor and Jack before settling back onto the crucifix in the balding man’s hands. The angelic features Jack had displayed just moments before quickly peeled away in Dione’s eyes and suddenly he took on the form of the Devil himself.

A gasp escaped the brunette as the gun was fired, twice. She watched the exchange intently, and the control of the situation that the blonde vampire had almost brought butterflies to her stomach. Her fingertips tingled with excitement, longing after a blade.

She raised her eyebrows in surprise as the mayor switched so suddenly to obeying Jack, and her eyes followed him as he moved. Did he just… hypnotize him? The way the mayor had scrambled back to his seat and cried out seemed to confirm it. Dione was not aware of Jack having such an ability and she made sure to take a mental note of it. It would be foolish to forget such a thing.

“Dione.” He spoke to her, and that feeling close to butterflies quickly turned to just that: butterflies. In a second, the dagger he had lent her was in her hand and in two seconds, she was by his side. An almost innocent grin spread across her face and her eyes trickled from Jack to the mayor.

“Lovely to make your acquaintance, Mr. Reynolds.” Her voice was sweet like honey and the way she spoke smooth as butter. For a moment, she vanished into thin air, and when she reappeared, she was bending down behind his chair in a way that her face was next to his. She licked her lips as her hand came to rest on his shoulder, causing the poor man to jump in his seat. “Say hello to the Holy Father for me.” She whispered, and with that the dagger came to slit his throat.

She stood up straight and looked at the bloody dagger and the mess of blood that was forming on the mayor’s desk. Her eyes fell upon the now bloody crucifix as she reached for it, and as soon as her fingers came to hold it, she dropped it with a pained hiss. “That’s new…” she whispered, and though not many could pick up on it, there was a certain sadness in her eyes.

Her eyes went to rest on Jack. “Quite the mess, no?” Her hand reached for the handkerchief in the mayor’s breast pocket and in a fluid motion she brought it to clean off the blade. Admiring its beauty once more.

“You were quite dashing, monsieur.” She looked at the hand that had rested on Reynold’s shoulder before she brought it to her lips to suck off some of the blood that had splattered onto it. Then, she looked at Jack again, as if expecting him to say something.

mentions: ditto ditto

coded by frogmilk

The night had gotten even colder in whatever number of hours they had spent in Jack’s lair. As they stood on the steps of City Hall, Dione thought Jack looked almost like an angel, dressed entirely in white. The flames that enveloped the building were mirrored in her brown eyes as she watched them gain in height. They barely had time to rise before Jack disappeared into the building, Dione moving silently beside him. The woman’s steps were so light that her heels barely made sound as they repeatedly hit the stone floors.

Dione’s heart beat fast with excitement as they stood before the mayor’s door. She entered before Jack and stood to the side, eyes locked onto the familiar man in the chair. Her jaw clenched and she almost took a step back at the sight of the crucifix. A feeling close to empathy spread in her chest and her eyes darted back and forth between the mayor and Jack before settling back onto the crucifix in the balding man’s hands. The angelic features Jack had displayed just moments before quickly peeled away in Dione’s eyes and suddenly he took on the form of the Devil himself.

A gasp escaped the brunette as the gun was fired, twice. She watched the exchange intently, and the control of the situation that the blonde vampire had almost brought butterflies to her stomach. Her fingertips tingled with excitement, longing after a blade.

She raised her eyebrows in surprise as the mayor switched so suddenly to obeying Jack, and her eyes followed him as he moved. Did he just… hypnotize him? The way the mayor had scrambled back to his seat and cried out seemed to confirm it. Dione was not aware of Jack having such an ability and she made sure to take a mental note of it. It would be foolish to forget such a thing.

“Dione.” He spoke to her, and that feeling close to butterflies quickly turned to just that: butterflies. In a second, the dagger he had lent her was in her hand and in two seconds, she was by his side. An almost innocent grin spread across her face and her eyes trickled from Jack to the mayor.

“Lovely to make your acquaintance, Mr. Reynolds.” Her voice was sweet like honey and the way she spoke smooth as butter. For a moment, she vanished into thin air, and when she reappeared, she was bending down behind his chair in a way that her face was next to his. She licked her lips as her hand came to rest on his shoulder, causing the poor man to jump in his seat. “Say hello to the Holy Father for me.” She whispered, and with that the dagger came to slit his throat.

She stood up straight and looked at the bloody dagger and the mess of blood that was forming on the mayor’s desk. Her eyes fell upon the now bloody crucifix as she reached for it, and as soon as her fingers came to hold it, she dropped it with a pained hiss. “That’s new…” she whispered, and though not many could pick up on it, there was a certain sadness in her eyes.

Her eyes went to rest on Jack. “Quite the mess, no?” Her hand reached for the handkerchief in the mayor’s breast pocket and in a fluid motion she brought it to clean off the blade. Admiring its beauty once more.

“You were quite dashing, monsieur.” She looked at the hand that had rested on Reynold’s shoulder before she brought it to her lips to suck off some of the blood that had splattered onto it. Then, she looked at Jack again, as if expecting him to say something.

An almost alarming amount of activity took place in a mere minute or two, and the whirlwind of life in the once sleepy corner of the bar left the vampire’s head spinning. It started out harmless enough with mild surprise from seeing, or at least he thought he saw, Kel’s cheeks brighten a shade from his teasing. In the poor lighting it was hard to say with total certainty but he liked the idea too much to just let it go. Besides, there was no harm in thinking so.

The pleasant surprise shifted into a building amusement thanks in large part to the inebriated yet not offensively so neighbor. The Brit was coming to life if that eager handshake was any indication, and Boruth didn’t bother to suppress a chuckle when Frank shut down Kel’s vampire question exactly as a vampire did. That was all he could do other than nod toward the Brit as if to silently tell Kel, See? No fangs. However there was one tiny issue. Frank’s insatiable thirst for hangovers was a danger to any drink with an ABV over five, so Boruth drank what Kel gave him and discreetly pushed the poison one out of his neighbor’s reach. The guy was too friendly to be put through that kind of misery. As for the strangely pink liquid, well, to be honest Boruth’s vampire tongue couldn’t taste a thing. But it somehow washed out the remnants of his previous drink. So it was the best damn thing he had all night.

Had it all ended there the night would have been incredibly pleasant. Instead Boruth found himself wracked with questions whose answers were simply beyond him. Ones such as, ‘What the hell is a fortnight burger?’ That question nearly distracted him from the simple fact that there most certainly another of his kind just to his left. Normally that would be a fine perhaps even celebrated occasion, but not so much at this current moment. The reason for his suspicion? That goofy request for invitation and the well dressed man willingly ordering food at this joint. Who would purposefully torment themselves in such a way unless they didn’t need to worry about taste or any…issues that would follow? A vampire that’s who.

Of course he could just be a run of the mill psychopath or an aggressive masochist but those have historically been harder to come by.

Whatever the case may be, the flags were being raised and the other new patron wasn’t helping. Not that she did or said anything wrong, in fact her worry was very reasonable. Boruth just didn’t like the conversation and maybe he was just being a little paranoid, but this girl seemed like she belonged here as much as anybody except for Frank. Which is to say not at all and considering all the others are oddballs she might be one too. Was it needless suspicion? Maybe.

Despite everything going on and his increasing level of discomfort, Boruth outwardly remained in his natural state of absolute calm. He would have been content to stay quiet and let the conversation flow how it will, yet something told him that would be a bad move. When he spoke he looked to nobody because that would be a pain, “Answers are undoubtedly kept close to the vest so to speak. Information control is of utmost importance in a time such as now or else there comes the risk of mob justice forming a new complication in an already dire situation. Fear and desperation are dangerous beasts and why we feign normality. Quite simply, our hands are bound until those whom are tasked with solving the issue unbind them."

image0.jpg

Jon Duggan

”Well, I reckon it’s showtime.”

For Jon, waiting was always the worst part, and so far that’s all he’d done for the past five days. He was waiting for a slip-up, or a mistake of some sort. It didn’t sit well with him, having to stand idly by and ensure that the information he’d gathered recently was well founded. Sure enough, it would appear as though his patience was not without reward. A body surfaced just that night, next to some God forsaken hideout that he suspected the vampires, or Accursed as he referred to them as, were occupying. He knew better than to go in there guns blazing and ready to pick a fight, especially because he had yet to actually see a vampire actually enter the establishment. Instead, he intended to check out the place personally, determine if there were vampires, and mark one as a target. If everything he predicted so far was correct, which it seemed to be, there would be more than just young bloods hanging around. He anticipated some of the older types, maybe a few hundred years worth of parasites that should've destroyed long before his time. No matter, he would soon be working on rectifying the situation. If he had learned anything from his short stay in the city, it had been that the local vampire hunters were entirely inefficient. While he respected those that also wished to purge the fanged demons from the world, he saw that their vision was flawed. It’s all or nothing when it comes to the hunt, and the ”Devoted” as they call themselves, seem to be putting forth no effort.

The Fanatic Purifier strapped his plate carrier into place, carefully ensuring that the armor he wore was correctly prepared and sanctified. If he was honest with himself, he felt a little nervous not covering his neck, but he knew that if he strolled around town looking like he was ready for a beat down, he would alert and potentially frighten off his enemy before he was ready. If his bloused jump boots, black dark grey cargo pants, and ash grey BDU jacket that barely covered up a black plate carrier didn‘t appear out of place for someone going on a stroll, his light grey cavalry hat that was adored with two golden sabers certainly did. That was fine though, Jon reasoned, he wasn’t trying to be inconspicuous, he was trying to be prepared. Glancing over at the ticking clock that was just above the window, he noted the time and the scene outside. It was about time to march on.

A quiet sight of contemplation escaped his lips as his tattooed hands searched through the pouches that were securely mounted underneath his jacket, doing their best to obscure everything and flatten out the coat enough so he may give off the appearance that there is nothing he is attempting to hide. One leg propped up on a small oak chair, Duggan surveyed his apartment with some distaste. It isn’t quite the towering and comfortable Louisiana estate he was accustomed to, but it served its purpose. It was secure, discreet, and easy to sweep through in the event of trespass. After his hands went idle, he ran his fingers along his beard and bowed his head before closing his eyes peacefully. The few moments of prayer he gets are about the only peace he experiences anymore.

”Lord, I reach out to you yet again for your guidance. I stand once again against the corruption that was unleashed upon this earth, stemming from the very depths of hell...”

Jons raspy and deep voice radiated throughout his apartment, filling the quiet space and replacing the monotonous ticking of the clock above him. Slowly, he opened his eyes and moved the chair aside. The Fanatic stood tall as he stepped back towards his bed.

”... tirelessly, day and night, I have spent my life crushing your enemies, and have devoted every waking moment to hunting down the accursed. I ask not for your strength...”

He stopped at the foot of the bed and traced his knuckle over the brown, leather case that sat before him. With delicate movements, as though he was caring for a sick animal, he unlatched the covering and exposed the contents within. On one side was a polished, impeccably maintained LeMat Mark II, loaded and ready to go. The engravings upon it were of religious designs accompanied by variations of biblical phrases. Attached to the bottom of the weapon dangled a small bead chain that was in turn connected to a silver cross. On the other side of the case was a black book, only bearing one inscription atop its worn cover; Since 1801.

”... I ask not for your speed or prowess, you have already granted me those abilities long ago. Instead, I ask for your sight, and I ask you to mark those who are most unworthy of tainting this world...”

Jon deftly rotated the cylinder, checking to make sure that each individual holder carried a piece of point forty-two caliber silver, ready to be dispensed at any time. He also broke the revolver from the top, eying the twenty gauge shell that was primed with dragons breath. After his inspection was complete, he slipped it beneath his jacket and into the chest holster it was designed for. He made no effort to retrieve the book, and closed the case after concealing his firearm. With one final glance around his living quarters, he lowered the brim of his hat and walked over to the locked door nearby, covered excessively with spiritual imagery and steel locks. He fiddled with the metal latches for a moment before pulling the door open and stepping outside into the lightly polluted and breezy night.

”... I have hunted the Accursed from the bayous of the swamps all the way to the cluttered city streets I stand in now. Dozens have been felled by me, for the purity of all mankind and for the Lord above...”

He checked his wrist, which bore several pure white tally marks, linked together in groups of seven rather than five. There were four clusters clearly visible, with more tracing underneath his sleeve and out of view.

”... And tonight, I’ll go forth under your protection, prepared to seek out The Accursed wherever they hide. I will find them, and I will banish them. In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, Amen.“

With that, Jon slinked off into the alleys of the troubled city. His destination was a vermin infested pub. It would no doubt be a bountiful hunting grounds.

”I‘m coming for you, demons.”

”I have seen him in the watchfires, of a hundred circling camps. I have builded him an altar, in the evening dews and damps. I have read his righteous sentence, by the dim and flaring lamps! His day is marching on!”

Interactions: None.

Mentions: None.

Last edited:

Katerina

Mood: bloodlust

Katerina took her time savoring the chaos that was quickly spreading. When flames sparked and became visible on the far side of the building, Katerina broke down the door with a deft kick wearing a savage smile on her face that caused the few workers who came to investigate the noise to pale and scramble back. She bared her fangs, and a few screams echoed down the plushly carpeted hall.

"V-v-vampi--" Before the nearest employee could finish the word, Katerina had her teeth clamped down around his windpipe cutting off his breath. Viciously, she ripped out his throat and relished the fresh blood running down her chin. "That's 'Justice' to you, mortal," she snarled, her eyes alight with bloodlust. Men in black--Jack's--were moving deeper into the building like a pack of hounds intent on a scent, minus the excessive barking.

Katerina took her time walking calmly down the corridor. Her eyes flicked to the elaborate paintings in the hall depicting people she had no care for. "It's time for a little redecorating," she smiled as blood painted the walls and floor a beautiful shade of scarlet. She caught a woman, her hair askew, running down the hall. In a flash she had broken her neck and was drinking the blood from her wrist. It was an intoxicating sensation, the warm liquid running down the back of her throat. Sustenance, making her stronger as she progressed ever further inside. She would meet Jack in the mayor's office.

By the time she made it inside, she'd killed several more employees and had drunk her fill. Dione was poised with the shimmering blade to the mayor's fat neck and in a moment, red painted his desk and dribbled onto his perfectly ironed suit. She swept her eyes across the room and noted two bullet holes in the wall. Jack had his gun drawn and there was another gun in the mayor's hands as well as a crucifix.

Dione tried to pick up the crucifix, dropped it, cleaned her blade... but Katerina's gaze was already fixed on her master. "I hope you don't mind that I took my time with the employees of the city." Here she smiled, seemingly quite pleased with how things had turned out. Not a hair was out of place and she'd managed to somehow keep most of the blood off her clothing. She looked as if she's just stepped out from a Gothic magazine cover, not as though she'd just killed and drank the blood of innocents. Her skin was glowing with health and her eyes pulsed a vivid scarlet hue. "You've obtained the necessary information from the mayor?"

code by Stardust Galaxy​

JACK LIGHTONN
The cold creature's eyes watched the powerful man fall, his blood spraying about as if from a sprinkler as the wound was opened. On the ground, the man lay, choking for air as a fish for water for a faint moment before he finally stilled, his blood pooling as the grey-but-bloody-maroon-tinged carpet tried desperately to catch up on its absorption.

When Katerina and Dione spoke to the cold, stiff-backed creature, the words seemed not to register. The thing, whatever it be, stared down at the seat in which the mayor had been sitting, and his eyes grew cloudy, as if he were thinking deeply about some matters.

Finally, he slowly brought his hand up to his chest and touched a spot of the white that had been stained red. "Hmm, it looks as if I must needs pay for my own dry-cleaning this time...one cannot ask a dead man for a check, can one?" he said in his low voice.

His eyes snapped to Dione. "Quite the mess indeed, Ms. Goddess...though that matters very little at the moment, for this place shall soon burn down. I hope to God or gods above, whomever you believe in, if you believe in any 't all, that we should make it out of here safely and that nary one of us has a particular aversion to fire." To her dashing comment, he seemed to make no verbal address, but he did bid her a small nod, a slight acknowledgment of her nearly-flirtatious comment, that he had noted it and that it was appreciated and not lost on him.

His eyes moved to Katerina. "Should I have minded that you had, Kate, dearest? After all, is this not a matter to be enjoyed and celebrated?" He dropped his hand from the spot on his suit. "We have overcome the oppressors, and, though this may have seemed all too easy, this took nearly a full year of planning. This, had one step gone askew, could have very well cost us our lives; even so, we made it out alive, and that is something to be celebrated, so I mind not that you took your time. I do not cast my eyes down upon early celebration." He made his way over to the door. "As for the information, I have obtained all that I need, yes, and I have committed every word to my memory. The files that we've here must needs be taken off, but I am certain that one of my subordinates can deal with it."

Jack walked over to the mayors body and knelt next to it, pocketing his gun. "Though we've hardly a moment to spare...I must feast, if for a moment..."

Jack gently supported the man's neck by the back of his hands, and his eyes, for once, focused on no particular place. In a voice so still and strange that it sounded like a spirit's, so quiet that surely no one could hear, Jack muttered, "Life, though fleeting, is so nearly beautiful. Life, though puny, is so strangely valuable. I do not understand humans, but I find them far more interesting than my own kind. I want to know how it feels to crush them beneath my feet, but also to caress them, to hold them and to cherish them." He paused for a moment. "Call me sentimental or foolish, if you will, but this is my goal. Reynolds was a casualty, but, in the future, my kingdom shall integrate humans, and I shall rule over all. All shall be equal, for all humans shall be of my kin and therefore of the bloodline of a great ruler. The humans we know now shall be no more, and, when they are no more, thus will dissolve the labels of 'ex-human', 'half-breed', and 'vampire'. 'Twill be harmony."

Slowly, he opened his mouth, revealing his long fangs, and he brought them gently to the trickle of blood coming from the mayor's neck, and, for the next minute, he sat in utter silence, draining the liquid life of the man he had so long planned to take down.

When he stood, he had no more blood on him than he had before, and his eyes seemed much more still. "Come," he said. "Come, Dione; come, Katerina." His eyes went first to Dione, who he bade an approving nod, and then to Katerina, who he gave the flick of an eyebrow to. He held out one of his once-white-now-red-stained gloved hands to each of them, and, in his low voice, he uttered, "Nous devons disparaître dans la nuit noire."

The cold creature's eyes watched the powerful man fall, his blood spraying about as if from a sprinkler as the wound was opened. On the ground, the man lay, choking for air as a fish for water for a faint moment before he finally stilled, his blood pooling as the grey-but-bloody-maroon-tinged carpet tried desperately to catch up on its absorption.

When Katerina and Dione spoke to the cold, stiff-backed creature, the words seemed not to register. The thing, whatever it be, stared down at the seat in which the mayor had been sitting, and his eyes grew cloudy, as if he were thinking deeply about some matters.

Finally, he slowly brought his hand up to his chest and touched a spot of the white that had been stained red. "Hmm, it looks as if I must needs pay for my own dry-cleaning this time...one cannot ask a dead man for a check, can one?" he said in his low voice.

His eyes snapped to Dione. "Quite the mess indeed, Ms. Goddess...though that matters very little at the moment, for this place shall soon burn down. I hope to God or gods above, whomever you believe in, if you believe in any 't all, that we should make it out of here safely and that nary one of us has a particular aversion to fire." To her dashing comment, he seemed to make no verbal address, but he did bid her a small nod, a slight acknowledgment of her nearly-flirtatious comment, that he had noted it and that it was appreciated and not lost on him.

His eyes moved to Katerina. "Should I have minded that you had, Kate, dearest? After all, is this not a matter to be enjoyed and celebrated?" He dropped his hand from the spot on his suit. "We have overcome the oppressors, and, though this may have seemed all too easy, this took nearly a full year of planning. This, had one step gone askew, could have very well cost us our lives; even so, we made it out alive, and that is something to be celebrated, so I mind not that you took your time. I do not cast my eyes down upon early celebration." He made his way over to the door. "As for the information, I have obtained all that I need, yes, and I have committed every word to my memory. The files that we've here must needs be taken off, but I am certain that one of my subordinates can deal with it."

Jack walked over to the mayors body and knelt next to it, pocketing his gun. "Though we've hardly a moment to spare...I must feast, if for a moment..."

Jack gently supported the man's neck by the back of his hands, and his eyes, for once, focused on no particular place. In a voice so still and strange that it sounded like a spirit's, so quiet that surely no one could hear, Jack muttered, "Life, though fleeting, is so nearly beautiful. Life, though puny, is so strangely valuable. I do not understand humans, but I find them far more interesting than my own kind. I want to know how it feels to crush them beneath my feet, but also to caress them, to hold them and to cherish them." He paused for a moment. "Call me sentimental or foolish, if you will, but this is my goal. Reynolds was a casualty, but, in the future, my kingdom shall integrate humans, and I shall rule over all. All shall be equal, for all humans shall be of my kin and therefore of the bloodline of a great ruler. The humans we know now shall be no more, and, when they are no more, thus will dissolve the labels of 'ex-human', 'half-breed', and 'vampire'. 'Twill be harmony."

Slowly, he opened his mouth, revealing his long fangs, and he brought them gently to the trickle of blood coming from the mayor's neck, and, for the next minute, he sat in utter silence, draining the liquid life of the man he had so long planned to take down.

When he stood, he had no more blood on him than he had before, and his eyes seemed much more still. "Come," he said. "Come, Dione; come, Katerina." His eyes went first to Dione, who he bade an approving nod, and then to Katerina, who he gave the flick of an eyebrow to. He held out one of his once-white-now-red-stained gloved hands to each of them, and, in his low voice, he uttered, "Nous devons disparaître dans la nuit noire."

Last edited:
DIONE ROUX
location City Hall / outfit dress

The way the vampire acted after the death of his enemy was peculiar, to say the least. Dione thought it curious how it seemed as though the man had been drained of… something. She couldn’t quite put her finger on it, but he seemed almost delicate in his current state. Even as he knelt down to feast, there was nothing vicious about him. She could hear him speak, but it was not loud enough for her to catch what he was saying. The brunette unwillingly shifted her gaze to Katerina. She hadn’t even noticed the woman in the door before she had spoken. Unsure of what to say, if anything, the shorter woman remained silent.

Dione longed for a moment alone. There was much to be processed, and even more to be investigated. A novel worry was growing and occupying her mind and not knowing when she would have time for herself made her even more uneasy. Though her composure remained the same outwardly, her eyes seemed absent and held none of the emotion they had held just moments before.

“Come, Dione; come, Katerina.” His voice brought her back, and her eyes fixated on his hand. She moved towards him, walking around the desk in order to avoid the mess. When her hand held his, she relaxed. Though she knew it to be an illusion, he almost made her feel safe. As though she had nothing to worry about if she stayed with him. Dione knew better though, and without judging his character, a stranger was never to be trusted. As it turned out, not even lovers were to be trusted. In conclusion: it was better not to trust anybody.

As they left the room, she threw a glance over her shoulder at the bloodied crucifix one last time. Dione did not fear death but what came after it, and if the Lord had rejected her, she had reason to believe where she was going was no pleasant place. She sighed silently; a visit to Father Giordano was in order.

───────────────── ★ ─────────────────

coded by frogmilk

The way the vampire acted after the death of his enemy was peculiar, to say the least. Dione thought it curious how it seemed as though the man had been drained of… something. She couldn’t quite put her finger on it, but he seemed almost delicate in his current state. Even as he knelt down to feast, there was nothing vicious about him. She could hear him speak, but it was not loud enough for her to catch what he was saying. The brunette unwillingly shifted her gaze to Katerina. She hadn’t even noticed the woman in the door before she had spoken. Unsure of what to say, if anything, the shorter woman remained silent.

Dione longed for a moment alone. There was much to be processed, and even more to be investigated. A novel worry was growing and occupying her mind and not knowing when she would have time for herself made her even more uneasy. Though her composure remained the same outwardly, her eyes seemed absent and held none of the emotion they had held just moments before.

“Come, Dione; come, Katerina.” His voice brought her back, and her eyes fixated on his hand. She moved towards him, walking around the desk in order to avoid the mess. When her hand held his, she relaxed. Though she knew it to be an illusion, he almost made her feel safe. As though she had nothing to worry about if she stayed with him. Dione knew better though, and without judging his character, a stranger was never to be trusted. As it turned out, not even lovers were to be trusted. In conclusion: it was better not to trust anybody.

As they left the room, she threw a glance over her shoulder at the bloodied crucifix one last time. Dione did not fear death but what came after it, and if the Lord had rejected her, she had reason to believe where she was going was no pleasant place. She sighed silently; a visit to Father Giordano was in order.

Katerina

Mood: distant

Katerina watched fondly as Jack drank from the mayor's neck. He was whispering something quietly to herself, and she was long accustomed to Jack's oddities. In many ways Jack drinking the mayor's blood marked the beginning of the new era. We will grow strong feeding on the remains of what once was. The humans' reign is now fallen and we, the Justices, shall have dominion over all. What did she feel? Elated? Powerful? Strangely, she felt as if she was merely observing herself from a great distance. The joy of conquest that should have been pulsing powerfully through her was but a shadow and vacant of anything substantial. It felt... ordinary, as if nothing of note had happened. In a moment of strange and unusual doubt, Katerina wondered if this truly would go the way they planned. Surely there would be those who would fight back against the rule of the Justices. But they would deal with them. This is what she wanted... wasn't it?

Idly, she fingered a golden trophy on the shelf, its luster dulled by the late hour. She didn't care about the trophy and what it symbolized. She didn't care that much about the exchange of power, although she should. All she could bring herself to focus on was Jack, and this other woman. The ex-human. Some emotion flickered in her eyes, indistinguishable even to herself. She didn't care about the mayor, and the employees that were dying or dead were like flies to her. Silently she stepped over to the cooling body and dipped her index finger in the crimson liquid and brought it to her mouth to taste. It was astoundingly ordinary. He was only a man like any other, and the taste of his blood was evidence of that.

At Jack's call to come, she abandoned the body and slipped her hand into his. "La nuit est vraiment sombre," she answered him. The night is indeed dark.

code by Stardust Galaxy​

Kel Deluccina

-◃' - , -◃▸≎◂▹- , - '▹-

-◃ mood: Confused▹-
interactions: Richard ( screaming armadillo screaming armadillo ) Frank ( frogmilk frogmilk ) Celeste ( mariee mariee ) Albert ( Typhra Typhra )

-◃' - , -◃▸≎◂▹- , - '▹-

“What if I am?”

To describe the glimmer in Kellian's eyes as excitement wouldn't quite do the playful expression justice. A smirk crossed his lips and he almost sputtered through a sip of his drink. "Oh yeah?" He hooked a digit in the collar of his shirt and tugged it slightly with a wink. "You wanna eat me?"

Kel couldn't stick around to see his acquaintance's reaction because almost as soon as the words left his mouth he tumbled back against the bar with belly-holding laughter. There was even a tear in the corner of his eye that he gingerly wiped away once he was able to regain his composure. Well, not that he had much to begin with. Bracing himself on the counter with his head down and chest heaving with leftover chuckles, he finally managed to catch his breath and return to the entertainment with a smile. Just in time to be greeted with a most peculiar request.

"I'll get some fries. Maybe a non alcoholic Shirley Temple since I'm here."

The mahogany-headed man blinked a few times and then cocked his chin curiously. He could have visibly winced. "You want... you want food? From here? He looked around. Either this guy really wasn't from around parts like these or he was very out of tune with his current environment. Come to think of it, how did the fryer even work? Not to mention he couldn't leave the bar unattended for long enough to cook them up.

"Sorry to disappoint, but I'm pretty sure the menu there is older than the owner himself. May he rest in peace. Ah- he's not dead or anything. Just probably sleeping upstairs." The point of him still living was apparently absolutely crucial by the way Kel took the time to clarify and nod his head. "Our main cook chef guy also already went home, but I can at least hook you up with a drink." Kel was reluctant to return to doing actual work, but he set down his half-empty glass and filled a clean one with ice.

After sliding it across the bar to the tall, strange newcomer, he flicked his attention back to Frank and the girl that was also sitting at the bar. "Oi..." Kel tipped his head to the side and stuck out a hip as he jabbed toward the blondie with his thumb. "Is this guy bothering you? I can kick 'em out or beat him up if he is. Free of charge." Although her concern seemed to be a little broader than just a curious stranger at a pub. Kel didn't care much about all that stuff. Actually, he was a little more on the disappointed side that a vampire hadn't come after him yet. And he really took pride in the shape and slenderness of his throat. What a shame.

Kel finally returned his attention to Richard who - he realized as he managed to collect all his scrambled thoughts into the little cage that was his brain - was mumbling something rather dark and brooding to himself. The look on the long-haired man's face was somewhat concerning. Was the drink too sweet? He was staring, hand on his chin, trying to figure him out.

-◃' -◃▸≎◂▹- '▹-

“What if I am?”

To describe the glimmer in Kellian's eyes as excitement wouldn't quite do the playful expression justice. A smirk crossed his lips and he almost sputtered through a sip of his drink. "Oh yeah?" He hooked a digit in the collar of his shirt and tugged it slightly with a wink. "You wanna eat me?"

Kel couldn't stick around to see his acquaintance's reaction because almost as soon as the words left his mouth he tumbled back against the bar with belly-holding laughter. There was even a tear in the corner of his eye that he gingerly wiped away once he was able to regain his composure. Well, not that he had much to begin with. Bracing himself on the counter with his head down and chest heaving with leftover chuckles, he finally managed to catch his breath and return to the entertainment with a smile. Just in time to be greeted with a most peculiar request.

"I'll get some fries. Maybe a non alcoholic Shirley Temple since I'm here."

The mahogany-headed man blinked a few times and then cocked his chin curiously. He could have visibly winced. "You want... you want food? From here? He looked around. Either this guy really wasn't from around parts like these or he was very out of tune with his current environment. Come to think of it, how did the fryer even work? Not to mention he couldn't leave the bar unattended for long enough to cook them up.

"Sorry to disappoint, but I'm pretty sure the menu there is older than the owner himself. May he rest in peace. Ah- he's not dead or anything. Just probably sleeping upstairs." The point of him still living was apparently absolutely crucial by the way Kel took the time to clarify and nod his head. "Our main cook chef guy also already went home, but I can at least hook you up with a drink." Kel was reluctant to return to doing actual work, but he set down his half-empty glass and filled a clean one with ice.

After sliding it across the bar to the tall, strange newcomer, he flicked his attention back to Frank and the girl that was also sitting at the bar. "Oi..." Kel tipped his head to the side and stuck out a hip as he jabbed toward the blondie with his thumb. "Is this guy bothering you? I can kick 'em out or beat him up if he is. Free of charge." Although her concern seemed to be a little broader than just a curious stranger at a pub. Kel didn't care much about all that stuff. Actually, he was a little more on the disappointed side that a vampire hadn't come after him yet. And he really took pride in the shape and slenderness of his throat. What a shame.

Kel finally returned his attention to Richard who - he realized as he managed to collect all his scrambled thoughts into the little cage that was his brain - was mumbling something rather dark and brooding to himself. The look on the long-haired man's face was somewhat concerning. Was the drink too sweet? He was staring, hand on his chin, trying to figure him out.

devoted​

WALKER HERNÁNDEZ

The flashlight on Hernández’s phone did not aide much in lighting the street, but it did, at the very least, mark out the next couple of steps that he would take before he took them.

The man, dressed in all black and returning from a mission, sighed softly and withdrew a cigarette from his pocket as he walked away from the crime scene. As he lit the stick, his mind ran through what had just happened.

Her body had been cold and utterly lifeless. To Walker, it had been obvious that she had been dead for some time. There had been no evidence pointing any which way towards her murderer. The poor woman, discarded as if she were nothing but a paper doll, had been killed, and no one else seemed to care beyond his team saying things such as “this may lead us to our next extermination”.

There was something so troubling about this, but Walker didn’t dwell on it too long. After all, that was not his job. His job, first and foremost, was to find and kill the beasts.

He thought, as he had helped the police gather evidence, that he quite possibly could have been missing something. The two dots on her neck, the way her dress had been sitting, the color of her lips…maybe there was something in those things that made the killer more obvious. Though the police expressed their disdain for the idea of him “tampering with evidence”, Walker had insisted that they let he and his team move freely throughout the crime scene. Their job was time-sensitive; if they hesitated even a second, they could miss their shot.

Walker cursed aloud as he blew out a long breath of smoke. Damn him and his weakness for pretty bartenders. Perhaps, if he hadn’t spoken to her, he could have found more evidence.

It was still kinda worth it, though..

He sighed softly and touched at his bag at his side. In it were instruments that he was administered because of his job and because of his position in his job, but tonight he had failed to use them for their intended purposes.

He sighed softly. He always felt so somber after failing a task. All of the what-ifs stirred in his head; if he had been a bit later, if he had been a bit earlier, if he had staked out outside the bar instead of within it…

As he pulled his cigarette from his mouth and exhaled another puff, he smelled something strange in the air. Quickly, he dropped his cigarette and snuffed it out, and he sniffed again.

Smoke.

He looked up towards the sky.

An orange haze sat in the air in the east, towards the center of the city.

Towards city hall.

Go.

Walker, without a single thought, rushed off in the direction of the glow. He obeyed what his mind told him to do, and he focused on his footwork. He tried his best not to panic. Panicking would help no one.

Run. Run. Run. Run. Run. Run. He ran as fast as his feet could carry him, the flashlight from his phone aiding him in keeping his footing.

When he finally rounded the corner to see city hall, his heart fell, and he stopped in his tracks.

The building was utterly ablaze.

He caught glimpses of things escaping the building as he approached it— abnormally large-spiders, sailing into the night. He could not dwell on this, though.

No. He had to find the mayor.

He pushed into the burning building. The white walls emanated the orange glow of fire, and, as he rushed past them, they greeted him sinisterly with their heat. Embers fell on him, and he covered his head to avoid being harmed.

When he reached the central office, he did not see the mayor in his chair, and, in a rush, he moved over to desk.

There, he saw the body of his boss.

✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧​

I N C O M I N G C A L L : H E R N Á N D E Z . 2 3 : 5 4 .

WALKER
Groves? Groves? Groves? Frank Groves, pick up. Groves. Groves.

WALKER takes a few heaving
breaths. He has just escaped the burning
building, and he is in a panic.​

WALKER
Groves…shit, man. Frank!

WALKER frantically presses
buttons on his phone, trying to get his
teammate to answer.​

WALKER
Groves! Frank. Frank. Frank!

WALKER blinks rapidly, coughing
for air. Finally, he spits out his
cause for calling:​

WALKER
The mayor is dead! The mayor is dead!​

The flashlight on Hernández’s phone did not aide much in lighting the street, but it did, at the very least, mark out the next couple of steps that he would take before he took them.

The man, dressed in all black and returning from a mission, sighed softly and withdrew a cigarette from his pocket as he walked away from the crime scene. As he lit the stick, his mind ran through what had just happened.

Her body had been cold and utterly lifeless. To Walker, it had been obvious that she had been dead for some time. There had been no evidence pointing any which way towards her murderer. The poor woman, discarded as if she were nothing but a paper doll, had been killed, and no one else seemed to care beyond his team saying things such as “this may lead us to our next extermination”.

There was something so troubling about this, but Walker didn’t dwell on it too long. After all, that was not his job. His job, first and foremost, was to find and kill the beasts.

He thought, as he had helped the police gather evidence, that he quite possibly could have been missing something. The two dots on her neck, the way her dress had been sitting, the color of her lips…maybe there was something in those things that made the killer more obvious. Though the police expressed their disdain for the idea of him “tampering with evidence”, Walker had insisted that they let he and his team move freely throughout the crime scene. Their job was time-sensitive; if they hesitated even a second, they could miss their shot.

Walker cursed aloud as he blew out a long breath of smoke. Damn him and his weakness for pretty bartenders. Perhaps, if he hadn’t spoken to her, he could have found more evidence.

It was still kinda worth it, though..

He sighed softly and touched at his bag at his side. In it were instruments that he was administered because of his job and because of his position in his job, but tonight he had failed to use them for their intended purposes.

He sighed softly. He always felt so somber after failing a task. All of the what-ifs stirred in his head; if he had been a bit later, if he had been a bit earlier, if he had staked out outside the bar instead of within it…

As he pulled his cigarette from his mouth and exhaled another puff, he smelled something strange in the air. Quickly, he dropped his cigarette and snuffed it out, and he sniffed again.

Smoke.

He looked up towards the sky.

An orange haze sat in the air in the east, towards the center of the city.

Towards city hall.

Go.

Walker, without a single thought, rushed off in the direction of the glow. He obeyed what his mind told him to do, and he focused on his footwork. He tried his best not to panic. Panicking would help no one.

Run. Run. Run. Run. Run. Run. He ran as fast as his feet could carry him, the flashlight from his phone aiding him in keeping his footing.

When he finally rounded the corner to see city hall, his heart fell, and he stopped in his tracks.

The building was utterly ablaze.

He caught glimpses of things escaping the building as he approached it— abnormally large-spiders, sailing into the night. He could not dwell on this, though.

No. He had to find the mayor.

He pushed into the burning building. The white walls emanated the orange glow of fire, and, as he rushed past them, they greeted him sinisterly with their heat. Embers fell on him, and he covered his head to avoid being harmed.

When he reached the central office, he did not see the mayor in his chair, and, in a rush, he moved over to desk.

There, he saw the body of his boss.

✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧​

I N C O M I N G C A L L : H E R N Á N D E Z . 2 3 : 5 4 .

WALKER
Groves? Groves? Groves? Frank Groves, pick up. Groves. Groves.

WALKER takes a few heaving
breaths. He has just escaped the burning
building, and he is in a panic.​

WALKER
Groves…shit, man. Frank!

WALKER frantically presses
buttons on his phone, trying to get his
teammate to answer.​

WALKER
Groves! Frank. Frank. Frank!

WALKER blinks rapidly, coughing
for air. Finally, he spits out his