• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Bite Your Tongue [RP]

Characters
Here
DIONE ROUX
location meeting / outfit dress

Surprise washed over the vampire as her name was uttered, not expecting it on his tongue. Again, Dione didn’t right away know what he meant, so she made sure not to forget his words. All she could see in his eyes was darkness, something about it almost made her want to break free of his gaze, though she thought it important that she did not. For every word he spoke, it seemed more and more like a dance with the devil.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───​

“If you promise me your loyalty,” He had said, his voice soft and barely above a whisper. The man looked down at her as he held her in his arms, stroking a lock of her hair from her eyes. “I’ll give you anything you’ve ever wanted.” The morning’s first rays of sun tried to enter the room, though the ornate curtains in the windows would not allow it. Smoke dwindled in the air as another candle ran its course and died out. She let out a content sigh and with his permission moved to rest on his chest. “Oh, Phillipe, mon amour. I cannot for the life of me see the downside to such an arrangement.” She spoke with an exaggerated formal tone, imitating the ladies whom she would hopefully soon be joining. His chest rose and fell beneath her as they both chuckled.

He propped himself up above her with one hand and cupped her cheek gently with the other. “Does it hurt?” he could hear the fear in her voice and planted a kiss on her forehead before answering. “Only for a moment, ma chérie.” His eyes flashed hunger and a sinister smile took hold of his lips as he hastily made his way to her neck, his hand now resting on her shoulder. The pain that overcame her was unlike any she had felt; her vision blackened, and she felt as if an enormous weight had been put on her chest, rendering it impossible to breathe.

───

The fairytale didn’t last very long. Dione was but seventeen and had no knowledge of how the vampire world worked. She had no idea of the implication it had that she had formerly been a human nor the fact that she was practically related to her lover now. He had played along with her for the first decade. Made her believe all the things he had promised her, perhaps even meaning some of them. Dione could no longer be sure. The only thing she was sure of was the overwhelming feeling of betrayal that ripped through her very core.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───​

She snapped back to reality. The morbid expression on Jack’s face was a familiar one. That look of… hunger. In Phillipe’s last years it was all she could see in them, and it quickly grew to be a hunger for power. His undoing, she thought to herself. Her mind let go of the past and she concentrated on the instructions she was given. She sat quietly, watching as he stood up. His voice in her ear sent shivers down her spine. "I'll be there..." she whispered, though she doubted he even heard her. Perhaps she truly would be part of history tonight.

The room emptied around her and she was amongst the last to leave, thanking the waiter for his wonderful service as she left. The evening air was cold on her skin and she wondered why she hadn’t bothered to bring a coat. She crossed her arms as she waited quietly beneath the lamp post. Tonight had been most eventful and if Jack truly was coming to get her, she could only imagine what more it had in store

mentions: ditto ditto Elowyn Elowyn

coded by frogmilk

Surprise washed over the vampire as her name was uttered, not expecting it on his tongue. Again, Dione didn’t right away know what he meant, so she made sure not to forget his words. All she could see in his eyes was darkness, something about it almost made her want to break free of his gaze, though she thought it important that she did not. For every word he spoke, it seemed more and more like a dance with the devil.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

“If you promise me your loyalty,” He had said, his voice soft and barely above a whisper. The man looked down at her as he held her in his arms, stroking a lock of her hair from her eyes. “I’ll give you anything you’ve ever wanted.” The morning’s first rays of sun tried to enter the room, though the ornate curtains in the windows would not allow it. Smoke dwindled in the air as another candle ran its course and died out. She let out a content sigh and with his permission moved to rest on his chest. “Oh, Phillipe, mon amour. I cannot for the life of me see the downside to such an arrangement.” She spoke with an exaggerated formal tone, imitating the ladies whom she would hopefully soon be joining. His chest rose and fell beneath her as they both chuckled.

He propped himself up above her with one hand and cupped her cheek gently with the other. “Does it hurt?” he could hear the fear in her voice and planted a kiss on her forehead before answering. “Only for a moment, ma chérie.” His eyes flashed hunger and a sinister smile took hold of his lips as he hastily made his way to her neck, his hand now resting on her shoulder. The pain that overcame her was unlike any she had felt; her vision blackened, and she felt as if an enormous weight had been put on her chest, rendering it impossible to breathe.

───

The fairytale didn’t last very long. Dione was but seventeen and had no knowledge of how the vampire world worked. She had no idea of the implication it had that she had formerly been a human nor the fact that she was practically related to her lover now. He had played along with her for the first decade. Made her believe all the things he had promised her, perhaps even meaning some of them. Dione could no longer be sure. The only thing she was sure of was the overwhelming feeling of betrayal that ripped through her very core.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

She snapped back to reality. The morbid expression on Jack’s face was a familiar one. That look of… hunger. In Phillipe’s last years it was all she could see in them, and it quickly grew to be a hunger for power. His undoing, she thought to herself. Her mind let go of the past and she concentrated on the instructions she was given. She sat quietly, watching as he stood up. His voice in her ear sent shivers down her spine. "I'll be there..." she whispered, though she doubted he even heard her. Perhaps she truly would be part of history tonight.

The room emptied around her and she was amongst the last to leave, thanking the waiter for his wonderful service as she left. The evening air was cold on her skin and she wondered why she hadn’t bothered to bring a coat. She crossed her arms as she waited quietly beneath the lamp post. Tonight had been most eventful and if Jack truly was coming to get her, she could only imagine what more it had in store.

Crimson King | The Silent One
Ronin Valpier

Ronin nodded slowly. I should do more research before talking to people. Sorry about that. I hope it didnt mess anything up. I don’t want to say I’m bad with jokes because I love to tell them but I’ve never heard that particular one. I am here for a drink and to see my good friend Mason. I guess meeting knew people is just a bonus.” He smiles taking a few sips of his water. Time to change the subject. Maybe something more recent? ”What do you think about the murders going on?” No that will make me sound like a murderer myself. Then he got it. “These recent murders have been crazy. Who would have thought vampires even existed. And from the looks of it they are nothing like Dracula.” He genuinely chuckled at the choke. It was true though. He didn’t think they were anything like Dracula. He took another sip and to his surprise it was gone. He was feeling hungry. Maybe a few crackheads like last time? No one will miss them right? No.....I’ll visit the jail house later. I think a few of them might do the trick.

olwen whittacker

~ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ~

~ ⋆ mood: alarmed ⋆ ~
interactions: Ronin and Mason ( Kryptic Kryptic )

~ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ~​

Olwen smiled subtly and sliced through another citrus while she listened to her new acquaintance's helpless babbling. It reminded her a little bit of someone, though she didn't linger on the thought too long. Rather, her attention was abruptly drawn back to the present.

"These recent murders have been crazy." She cringed slightly. They sure had. "Who would have thought vampires even existed." Certainly not her. She. The vampire. Her movements slowed slightly as she brushed it off with a chuckle. "You're right, mhm. Yeah, they've been totally terrifying. It's kind of like, never go out alone at night. Especially around here, it seems. I think that's the eighth body in this district alone in the past week or so." She rinsed off her hands and fixed her hair over her shoulder. Her thoughts momentarily drifted to Walker, who was out alone. In the sketchy part of town. At night. In a place where vampires were known to prowl, among other fiends.

No, nonono, no. He's a grown man. Why would I worry about a weirdo like him. She shook her head to clear her mind.

In doing so, she noticed the empty water glass in front of Ronin. "Need a refill on that?" She held up a spout and clicked the button a few times to dispense clear water. The bubbling stream of liquid blurred in front of her eyes and she swayed slightly. Her head pounded. She caught herself on the counter, hopefully without drawing any additional attention to her condition. In a couple hours she could go home and stuff some supplements down her pipe, then hopefully make it though the next couple shifts. Although... it was becoming painfully evident (literally) that she would need to eat soon.

Olwen never killed those she drank from. Or, at least, she tried very hard not to. She already disliked preying on humans to begin with and shuddered at the thought of contributing to that ever-climbing body count that so frequently flashed across the news. Her stomach turned at the thought and she managed a smile, then waved Mason over.

"H-hey, I'm going to step into the back for a second. Get some fresh air. Mind taking over for a second?" She clasped her hands together and tipped her head to the side, trying to look cute as though she were asking a huge favor. It was mostly to distract from the fact that this was her second break already since the shift had started. It was going to be a long night.

Once her coworker companion had come to take her place and Ronin was reunited with his friend, Olwen soundlessly slipped away into the night. Not really. She shoved open the heavy back-door of the bar and stepped out into the alleyway to breathe in the cool night air. Almost immediately, she collapsed against the wall, knees to her chest and head down between them. She huffed and groaned quietly as her fangs and stomach ached. This sucks... This is the worst...

A couple people walking past the alley call out, asking if she's alright. Without a sound, she holds out a thumbs-up. "Be careful out here! It's dangerous at night." Right. Dangerous because of creatures like her.

The glow of her phone illuminated her face when she pulled it out and begrudgingly flipped open the app. LF: NKM - No Kill Meal. She put out a notice under her app-assigned alias and then closed it, feeling worse than she had before. With a long sigh she put her head back between her knees and just sat there for a while.

~ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ~​

Olwen smiled subtly and sliced through another citrus while she listened to her new acquaintance's helpless babbling. It reminded her a little bit of someone, though she didn't linger on the thought too long. Rather, her attention was abruptly drawn back to the present.

"These recent murders have been crazy." She cringed slightly. They sure had. "Who would have thought vampires even existed." Certainly not her. She. The vampire. Her movements slowed slightly as she brushed it off with a chuckle. "You're right, mhm. Yeah, they've been totally terrifying. It's kind of like, never go out alone at night. Especially around here, it seems. I think that's the eighth body in this district alone in the past week or so." She rinsed off her hands and fixed her hair over her shoulder. Her thoughts momentarily drifted to Walker, who was out alone. In the sketchy part of town. At night. In a place where vampires were known to prowl, among other fiends.

No, nonono, no. He's a grown man. Why would I worry about a weirdo like him. She shook her head to clear her mind.

In doing so, she noticed the empty water glass in front of Ronin. "Need a refill on that?" She held up a spout and clicked the button a few times to dispense clear water. The bubbling stream of liquid blurred in front of her eyes and she swayed slightly. Her head pounded. She caught herself on the counter, hopefully without drawing any additional attention to her condition. In a couple hours she could go home and stuff some supplements down her pipe, then hopefully make it though the next couple shifts. Although... it was becoming painfully evident (literally) that she would need to eat soon.

Olwen never killed those she drank from. Or, at least, she tried very hard not to. She already disliked preying on humans to begin with and shuddered at the thought of contributing to that ever-climbing body count that so frequently flashed across the news. Her stomach turned at the thought and she managed a smile, then waved Mason over.

"H-hey, I'm going to step into the back for a second. Get some fresh air. Mind taking over for a second?" She clasped her hands together and tipped her head to the side, trying to look cute as though she were asking a huge favor. It was mostly to distract from the fact that this was her second break already since the shift had started. It was going to be a long night.

Once her coworker companion had come to take her place and Ronin was reunited with his friend, Olwen soundlessly slipped away into the night. Not really. She shoved open the heavy back-door of the bar and stepped out into the alleyway to breathe in the cool night air. Almost immediately, she collapsed against the wall, knees to her chest and head down between them. She huffed and groaned quietly as her fangs and stomach ached. This sucks... This is the worst...

A couple people walking past the alley call out, asking if she's alright. Without a sound, she holds out a thumbs-up. "Be careful out here! It's dangerous at night." Right. Dangerous because of creatures like her.

The glow of her phone illuminated her face when she pulled it out and begrudgingly flipped open the app. LF: NKM - No Kill Meal. She put out a notice under her app-assigned alias and then closed it, feeling worse than she had before. With a long sigh she put her head back between her knees and just sat there for a while.

Kel Deluccina

-◃' - , -◃▸≎◂▹- , - '▹-

-◃ mood: concerned ▹-
interactions: Boruth ( screaming armadillo screaming armadillo )

-◃' - , -◃▸≎◂▹- , - '▹-

Kel gave the strange man a once-over as he spoke. "...I am certain there has been somebody who thought the same of you." Kel? Strange? Of course not. The boy almost laughed out loud before the sound snagged on his smile. Almost to punctuate Boruth's curiosity of the drink in his hand, he took a long sip. Actually, he drained the remaining liquor in one sip.

"Is this place even really considered a bar?" He shrugged and set the glass aside, then waved a hand. "The big man couldn't fire me even if he wanted to. It was my dear old dad's dyin' wish to see him take care of me." He said it as though he was so supremely thankful for it all. "I'm mostly kidding, but it's true he wouldn't care. How else are we supposed to get through the busy nights, mm? I don't want to take advantage of him but... listen, you would know what I meant if you experienced it."

Kel shrugged and popped an ice cube in his mouth, sucking on it while he looked around and made sure nothing was on fire. He was thankful for how much Palmetti had provided him, and helped him through, especially after his father's passing. Sure, it wasn't much, but if it had been anything better he might've felt bad about it. All he had to focus on was his own survival - and even that was a hit or miss sometimes.

While he scanned the room, he noticed Olwen slipping out again. His brow furrowed and he momentarily stopped swirling around the cube slowly melting in his cheek. Something was definitely up. It concerned him more that this woman he considered his closest friend was hiding it from him rather than how it was affecting her work performance though.

Kel tried not to stare for too long, lest he put attention on her surely momentary disappearance. Scratching the back of his neck, he brought a kiddish smile back to the man in front of him. "What do you go by anyhow? Call me Kel if you want. It's rare to see someone around who isn't contributing to the grimy environment."

-◃' -◃▸≎◂▹- '▹-

Kel gave the strange man a once-over as he spoke. "...I am certain there has been somebody who thought the same of you." Kel? Strange? Of course not. The boy almost laughed out loud before the sound snagged on his smile. Almost to punctuate Boruth's curiosity of the drink in his hand, he took a long sip. Actually, he drained the remaining liquor in one sip.

"Is this place even really considered a bar?" He shrugged and set the glass aside, then waved a hand. "The big man couldn't fire me even if he wanted to. It was my dear old dad's dyin' wish to see him take care of me." He said it as though he was so supremely thankful for it all. "I'm mostly kidding, but it's true he wouldn't care. How else are we supposed to get through the busy nights, mm? I don't want to take advantage of him but... listen, you would know what I meant if you experienced it."

Kel shrugged and popped an ice cube in his mouth, sucking on it while he looked around and made sure nothing was on fire. He was thankful for how much Palmetti had provided him, and helped him through, especially after his father's passing. Sure, it wasn't much, but if it had been anything better he might've felt bad about it. All he had to focus on was his own survival - and even that was a hit or miss sometimes.

While he scanned the room, he noticed Olwen slipping out again. His brow furrowed and he momentarily stopped swirling around the cube slowly melting in his cheek. Something was definitely up. It concerned him more that this woman he considered his closest friend was hiding it from him rather than how it was affecting her work performance though.

Kel tried not to stare for too long, lest he put attention on her surely momentary disappearance. Scratching the back of his neck, he brought a kiddish smile back to the man in front of him. "What do you go by anyhow? Call me Kel if you want. It's rare to see someone around who isn't contributing to the grimy environment."

JACK "SILVER" LIGHTONN
TIME: 22:09

º•.•º•.•º•.•º•.•º•.•º•.•º

IT WAS EERILY SILENT ON THE DECREPIT streets around the speakeasy. Many of the Justices has long since cleared out, and now the only movement was of the moths clamoring to touch the light of the flickering lampposts.

The police and the Devoted, by this point, had bagged the body and exited the scene. Objects in the alley had been labeled with numbers, photographed, and taken in as well. The cluttered alleyway that the body had lain in was now an entirely bare space between two buildings.

The solicitors that stood on the street corners were distinctly absent. No sketchy men leaned against the sides of the crumbling buildings, and no fishy “businessmen” smoked cigars on the sidewalks. It was as if even this part of the city, which knew very little uniformity and law, had the ominous feeling that something— something— was looming overhead.

In this silence, a pale-skinned, pale-haired, and pale-eyed figure in an entirely white suit sunk out of the shadows, as if he had appeared from them. His face was stern, and his head faced forward. His eyes did not look about him and instead focused on a figure beneath a lamppost near the rundown hardware store. Beside him followed his servingwoman, holding to the crook of his right arm.

“My servant,” he spoke to her, with a slight warmth in his voice, “be swift with her swindling. It is in our best interest to be on our guard; we know not whether those humans lurk on the corners. The body may have alerted them as to our presence here, and the last thing we want are our plans to be foiled.”

When he reached the woman beneath the lamppost, he walked very near to her, and he spoke near her ear in barely above a whisper. “Shall we go, Mlle. Goddess?”

Katerina

Mood: purposeful

Outfit: a black full-length dress

Interactions: Jack/Silver ditto ditto | Dione frogmilk frogmilk

When Jack nodded to her, she joined him and took his proffered arm. This close, she could smell his familiar cologne, musky and fragrant in the cool night air. A streetlamp flickered. Keeping stride with Jack's purposeful gait, she assessed Dione's waiting form like a feral canine sussing out her target for weakness. That woman was playing a dangerous game. "Fly too close to the sun and you'll scald yourself," she murmured underneath her breath. For a new acquaintance, she was far too bold.

She tilted her head listening to Jack's instructions then nodded. "I'll be swift and wary. I'm ready." Katerina rotated a black skull-shaped ring around her finger so the embellishment was on the underside of her hand. A small needle filled with an injection that would knock out any Justice or kill a human flicked out from the mouth of the skull. It was a clever piece of skulduggery and she enjoyed using the covert device.

Jack approached the woman and Katerina circled around behind her. Once Dione replied to Jack she wrapped her fingers around her throat none too gently, allowing the poisoned needle to do its work. The slim needle would leave hardly any mark and the poison would be untraceable in her system after a few hours. More than enough time to relocate her to Jack's lair. There, she would inject Dione with another chemical compound that would revive her again.

code by Stardust Galaxy​

DIONE ROUX
location outside the hardware store / outfit dress

The night was cold and lonely. Dione had been waiting, patiently, for close to two hours. He’s taking his sweet time, she thought to herself, tightening her grip around herself. For somebody who had lived for more than three hundred years, two hours was not that big of a deal. Occasionally, the lamp post’s light would flicker, and every time Dione would look up at it before looking around, hoping it would be one of Jack’s signs. It never was.

Dione had expected this part of town to have some sketchy silhouettes out at night, but the streets were as empty as ever. She thought it weird, as she had come here to hunt none too long ago, and they hadn’t been as empty then. Though, perhaps the corpse that the Police had found earlier today could be the culprit for the silence that surrounded her. Her eyes fell to the ground and she kicked a small rock, quite frankly she was bored out of her mind. Anxious for what was to come. She had a hard time containing it.

And then, a man in a distinct white suit appeared, seemingly from nowhere, and Dione’s heart skipped a beat. Finally. Beside him, as expected, was another familiar figure. That of Katerina, and she was holding on to his arm as they walked towards her. Unbothered, it seemed. Dione’s eyes left them right after catching the glimpse of them, and she looked straight ahead instead. She was done playing desperate for the night, or so she thought in that moment.

He came very close to her, and for a moment she appreciated his heat, as her skin had gone cold from standing outside. His words had been playing in her head this whole time, and she was unsure of if he wanted an answer or not. Her eyes met his and she nodded, not willing to risk it. Just as she was getting ready to leave, Katerina’s hands found their way around her neck. Dione’s fight-or-flight response was suddenly activated and for a split second, she went invisible, though it was too little too late as Katerina’s hands were already around her neck and the poison had already been injected. Her body went limp in her grip as she fell unconscious. It was not what she had expected. Of course, just waltzing around town until they got to Jack’s abode was unrealistic, but she had hoped to at least be conscious on her way there.

coded by frogmilk

The night was cold and lonely. Dione had been waiting, patiently, for close to two hours. He’s taking his sweet time, she thought to herself, tightening her grip around herself. For somebody who had lived for more than three hundred years, two hours was not that big of a deal. Occasionally, the lamp post’s light would flicker, and every time Dione would look up at it before looking around, hoping it would be one of Jack’s signs. It never was.

Dione had expected this part of town to have some sketchy silhouettes out at night, but the streets were as empty as ever. She thought it weird, as she had come here to hunt none too long ago, and they hadn’t been as empty then. Though, perhaps the corpse that the Police had found earlier today could be the culprit for the silence that surrounded her. Her eyes fell to the ground and she kicked a small rock, quite frankly she was bored out of her mind. Anxious for what was to come. She had a hard time containing it.

And then, a man in a distinct white suit appeared, seemingly from nowhere, and Dione’s heart skipped a beat. Finally. Beside him, as expected, was another familiar figure. That of Katerina, and she was holding on to his arm as they walked towards her. Unbothered, it seemed. Dione’s eyes left them right after catching the glimpse of them, and she looked straight ahead instead. She was done playing desperate for the night, or so she thought in that moment.

He came very close to her, and for a moment she appreciated his heat, as her skin had gone cold from standing outside. His words had been playing in her head this whole time, and she was unsure of if he wanted an answer or not. Her eyes met his and she nodded, not willing to risk it. Just as she was getting ready to leave, Katerina’s hands found their way around her neck. Dione’s fight-or-flight response was suddenly activated and for a split second, she went invisible, though it was too little too late as Katerina’s hands were already around her neck and the poison had already been injected. Her body went limp in her grip as she fell unconscious. It was not what she had expected. Of course, just waltzing around town until they got to Jack’s abode was unrealistic, but she had hoped to at least be conscious on her way there.

JACK "SILVER" LIGHTONN
TIME: 22:30

THE TELEVISIONS ON THE WALL BEHIND the heavy oak desks played static at a low volume. The many doors dispersed on the other walls were locked as tightly as ever. The large, usually-bright showcase lights overhead were dimmed. In the center of the room sat the chess table, and on it were the dustless pieces, all in the places that they should be before a game.

In the chair before the oak table, a limp woman sat, hands and ankles constrained loosely with cuffs and a buckle around her middle to keep her upright as she rested.

How the man in the suit and the woman in the long, black dress got the unconscious woman into the lair-like room was a mystery. Perhaps it was thanks to an ability that one of the two Justices held. Perhaps it was thanks to one of Jack’s workers. Perhaps it was due to an automobile or a bike or something (though this option seemed the least likely). One could only speculate, for it seemed only Jack and Katerina knew the methods with which this happened.

Where were Jack and Katerina, then? One would only have to look behind the large desk at the large, high-backed chair. Though the chair faced the televisions, it was obvious by the fact that Katerina stood beside it with a hand on the armrest that Jack was seated in the chair.

As the unconscious woman surely began to grow conscious again, as if he had kept a timer or monitor on her and waited for this moment to occur, Jack spun the chair around slowly. He set his eyes on the woman in the chair. “Katerina,” he said in a mutter, “go. Stand beside our woman, and when she wakes...”

He opened a drawer in the desk without looking away from his target, and he withdrew a vial of a maroonish liquid and held it out to Katerina. He gave no more instructions, for he knew that she knew what to do: give the woman strength by giving her a small serving of blood.

Last edited:

Katerina

Mood: calm

Arms crossed, her fingers tapped her skin one by one, undulating like a wave. She considered the scene in front of her. Unconscious girl bound to a chair, the chessboard set, Jack behind the desk, and wondered if Jack was purposefully recreating their own meeting. Whatever the reason was, the similarities unnerved her.

Static buzzed behind her. It was slightly calming, which was needed as the desire for blood grew into a similar unceasing buzz in her head.

The injection to reverse the effects of the toxin had already been given and they were waiting. The passage of time went unmarked. Still, Jack seemed to know without the need for a timepiece when Dione began to stir.

“Katerina,” he said in a mutter, “go. Stand beside our woman, and when she wakes...” She took the vial of blood, itching to open it. But no--her hunger would keep her senses sharp for the hunt that would occur later tonight.

She moved like a ghostly cat over to the older Justice. Her eyelids flickered and she groaned. "Here, drink this," she said to her, uncorking the vial and bringing it to the woman's lips. She'd scent the blood and that would wake her up further.

code by Stardust Galaxy​

“Is this place even really considered a bar?”

Not a good one was the vampire’s immediate thought, however it was one kept to himself as his ancient eyes flicked to then away from the mortal boy’s empty glass, an ember of interest momentarily glowed in wonder of what used to be in it. It certainly appeared to be something less grisly than the foreboding mix Boruth was still continuing to ignore. Then again, that wasn’t exactly an incredible accomplishment as the vampire had unfortunately come to know all too well. That fact was enough for the bit of intrigue to be snuffed out while another unconsciously grew brighter. This involving the bushy haired busser.

Beneath a black blanket glittered with the jewels of the universe much went seen, felt and heard in the span of thirteen centuries. So much so that the uncommon had slowly become usual, firsts became rare, increasingly treasured experiences. Even humanity who are as varied as snowflakes began to distort under the effects of time into grains of sand amongst millions of replicated granules. Immortality is a gift, immortality is a burden. Yet personal evolution works much like its scientific cousin, an endless series of possibilities that are poked and prodded by outside influences to create, to destroy. The latter being something Boruth had seen more than he cared to acknowledge. He had no interest in destroying unless it needed to be. No, what was most important was the unpredictability of it all and the slim possibility of something new.

In short he was old, too often bored out of his vampiric mind and sought out the unordinary to temporarily fill the void. Not that the busboy was just that as it was far too early to declare either way with certainty, however the conversation thus far was not tedious which made it better than many. If anything Boruth himself was being the weaker partner, an unfortunate necessity when one tries to take all while giving little. A prime example being when the boy spoke of his circumstances. Boruth would say nothing in reply and instead put the knowledge somewhere in his memory bank should it be needed.

The old vampire would not remain silent, the response being to the busboy's day to day work life in a shithole, “Ah, I think I understand. This area has the tendency of attracting quite the...atypical collection of patrons, like myself as you mentioned, and you are one tasked with keeping them content. So in any given night you must be a busser, snake charmer and perhaps even a nurse all in one.” From the corner of his eye he peeked at the man two seats to his right, the boozer was too busy with his drink and thoughts to potentially take offense. Back to the busboy he could see the thoughtful look on the young man’s face but gave it little mind. It was a look with too many possible causes for Boruth to be overly concerned over and he looked elsewhere until Kel began speaking once again.

“I will humbly take that as a compliment. As for my name, it is Richard. Rather boring but what can I do?” Well he could do plenty but that was besides the point. “Kel is short for something, no? Kelly would be the obvious answer but it does not seem to suit you."

Interactions: queanbean queanbean

DIONE ROUX
location unknown / outfit dress

Muffled voices reached Dione’s ears as she began to awaken, vision blurry and a pounding headache present. She didn’t bother to raise her head much, just squeezing her eyes shut in an attempt to regain her vision. The brunette felt someone’s touch and shortly thereafter the scent of blood, slowly but surely bringing life back into her. It wasn’t a lot of blood, but it was enough for her to take in her surroundings, squinting at the screens and the large chair before her. She could see Katerina beside her and it became clear who had given her the small vial of blood. Without warning, the sounds came back to her in full and she could hear the static noise emanating from the screens. Jack’s familiar and intense gaze did not seem to leave her. She squirmed in her seat and noticed her wrists and ankles had been tied down. Dione slowly and carefully lifted her wrist to gauge how much give the entrapment had. It wasn’t much, but a little bit. She could see Katerina beside her and it became clear who had given her the small vial of blood.

She looked up at Jack through her eyelashes, not bothering to raise her head. “You drugged me.” She stated, as calmy as if she was stating the weather. Dione did not even bother to ask about her whereabouts, as it was clear she was not supposed to know. While the woman did not show it, being constrained made her feel incredibly vulnerable. Her dagger was still attached to her, but she had no way of reaching it. Not that she would, Dione was not a savage woman, but the bare knowledge of having access to it was enough.

“Would monsieur be so kind as to tell me what time it is?” her voice wasn’t very loud at all, in fact, it was just loud enough for it to be heard. The time was irrelevant, but it was something to make her feel less dependent on her kidnappers. An anchor point, perhaps. Besides, Dione had no way of knowing for how long she had been passed out. It would have to be before midnight, but what was to say the two hadn’t already finished their business for the evening and she had missed out on the action?

The room was strange. Surely the screens had a purpose, maybe they were used for some sort of surveillance when Jack did not have someone tied to a chair in the room, or maybe they were simply some sort of bizarre decoration. Her eyes landed on the chess table. Had she been closer she could have seen her reflection in the polished pieces, they had not a single speck of dust on them. It was a curious room, it made sense for it to belong to such a particular man as the one in front of her. Her eyes drifted back to him, unsure of what was to come. After all, who was to say she would even be walking out of this strange room?

coded by frogmilk

Muffled voices reached Dione’s ears as she began to awaken, vision blurry and a pounding headache present. She didn’t bother to raise her head much, just squeezing her eyes shut in an attempt to regain her vision. The brunette felt someone’s touch and shortly thereafter the scent of blood, slowly but surely bringing life back into her. It wasn’t a lot of blood, but it was enough for her to take in her surroundings, squinting at the screens and the large chair before her. She could see Katerina beside her and it became clear who had given her the small vial of blood. Without warning, the sounds came back to her in full and she could hear the static noise emanating from the screens. Jack’s familiar and intense gaze did not seem to leave her. She squirmed in her seat and noticed her wrists and ankles had been tied down. Dione slowly and carefully lifted her wrist to gauge how much give the entrapment had. It wasn’t much, but a little bit.

She looked up at Jack through her eyelashes, not bothering to raise her head. “You drugged me.” She stated, as calmy as if she was stating the weather. Dione did not even bother to ask about her whereabouts, as it was clear she was not supposed to know. While the woman did not show it, being constrained made her feel incredibly vulnerable. Her dagger was still attached to her, but she had no way of reaching it. Not that she would, Dione was not a savage woman, but the bare knowledge of having access to it was enough.

“Would monsieur be so kind as to tell me what time it is?” her voice wasn’t very loud at all, in fact, it was just loud enough for it to be heard. The time was irrelevant, but it was something to make her feel less dependent on her kidnappers. An anchor point, perhaps. Besides, Dione had no way of knowing for how long she had been passed out. It would have to be before midnight, but what was to say the two hadn’t already finished their business for the evening and she had missed out on the action?

The room was strange. Surely the screens had a purpose, maybe they were used for some sort of surveillance when Jack did not have someone tied to a chair in the room, or maybe they were simply some sort of bizarre decoration. Her eyes landed on the chess table. Had she been closer she could have seen her reflection in the polished pieces, they had not a single speck of dust on them. It was a curious room, it made sense for it to belong to such a particular man as the one in front of her. Her eyes drifted back to him, unsure of what was to come. After all, who was to say she would even be walking out of this strange room?

JACK "SILVER" LIGHTONN
TIME: 22:32

"PANIC NOT, MLLE. GODDESS. I AM not going to hurt you," Jack said in his low voice. "Please understand that the drugging and the tying up is just a precaution. If it had been a set up, then those two steps would have, quite possibly, saved mine and my servingwoman's lives. Please understand as much."

His eyes flicked down to the silver watch on his wrist. "As for the time, 'tis 10:32 post meridiem. It seems as if I am just ahead of schedule."

He stood slowly from his chair and walked to stand on the side of Dione's chair opposite Katerina. "You must be so dreadfully curious," he said in his low, generally-uninterested-sounding voice, "as to what I've planned, mustn't you be?"

From somewhere (though it was unclear where from), Jack withdrew a small key, and he slipped it easily into the lock on her wrists. His movements were graceful and not in the least bit rough, and he unlocked the handcuffs so easily that it seemed that they had hardly been locked on in the first place. He gently sat them on the corner of his desk, then knelt down and unlocked the cuffs on her ankles.

The way that Jack moved was, undeniably and indubitably, strange. His fingers, as he unbuckled the buckle around Dione's middle, moved so smoothly that it almost seemed robotic, and, as he took a step away from her to seat himself atop the right edge of his desk, his motions seemed nearly ethereal-- too smooth, too calculated, too sure. He was surely one of the most supernatural amongst the supernaturals.

He didn't lean against his hands or on his knees when he settled on the desk. Instead, he sat up straightbacked. His legs, slightly spread, faced outward toward Dione.

He held out his hand to Katerina. "The vial, please, my dear." When the vial was settled in his hand, he threw it back, and he closed his eyes for a moment and exhaled. "Thank you..."

Finally, he opened his eyes and looked at Dione. "An explanation is surely in order. You have yet to prove yourself trustworthy beyond a doubt, so I shan't relay all of the details, but, in short, you are in my abode. Welcome." He paused a moment to let out a soft chuckle. "As for what I am planning...tonight, I shall lead a small group of men and women, all my personal kin, in an effort to break past the mayor's defenses. As they attack his defense, we shall make our appearance, and we shall return here only when we have his body drained of its blood and his head severed on a platter." As he spoke, his tone didn't change, but the look in his eyes did, and, as he uttered the last sentence, the greedy, raging hunger that had made itself known twice tonight showed itself once more.

Last edited:
Crimson King|The Silent One
Ronin Valpier

Ronin quickly finished his second glass of water though it didn’t take away his headache. He knew he was lucky though. The pain of not eating is different for each vampire. He was lucky because his came in the form of a headache. Still painful and annoying it’s better than most other pains. He noticed Owlen lean against the table. Oh she must be tired. No no, that doesn’t look like a natural lean. Vampire? There was something off about her. But she’s friends with Mason. Maybe she is like me. I have to find out. He notices her move to leave. She said she had to “step out” He saw his opportunity. He got up and lolied over at Mason. “I think I’m going to step out aswell. I’ll be back in soon.“ Ronin walked out into the outside. The concrete mixed with his sneakers should have made a sound but he found it useful to wear sneakers that don’t make any sound. Sure they were expensive but he does earn a fair amount from looting the bodies of those he killed. I mean they won’t need it right? They are dead.​

DIONE ROUX
location Jack's humble abode / outfit dress

He moved as if he had done this a thousand times, as if he knew every inch of the room like the back of his hand. Her head did not follow his movements as he undid the bonds with which she was secured to the chair, instead, she looked straight ahead. Her jaw clenched and she softly took a breath in as the man unbuckled her around her middle. Tranquillity came back to Dione as she could once again move freely, and, if need be, reach her dagger. She let her arms stay where they were, but she crossed her legs slowly the moment Jack sat upon the desk. Her posture was a confident façade, for Dione was not feeling particularly confident in her predicament.

That primal look of hunger returned to his eyes. She thought it might be something one might find in a savage beast, yet the rest of his demeanor was so calculated, so refined. Oddly, she felt herself wanting to know more. A thoughtful expression made itself clear on the woman’s face as she licked her lips and then bit down on the bottom one. Her eyes had moved away from the man and gotten stuck on the massive oak desk. “So… monsieur is planning… a coup de grace?” Her voice was careful, not really knowing how to read the situation. Brown eyes met steel as her gaze shifted back to him. In all honesty, Dione was not sure how to feel. Had she been a hundred years younger she would have regretted asking for a part in this. But the years had made her all the more ferocious and seeing change, being part of change… The whole situation brought her back to that dark alley in Paris and the feelings of freedom and empowerment that had followed. A sudden need for having things happen right now took hold of her. She leaned back into the chair, anxious for whatever was to come.

“Perhaps more importantly, how would monsieur like to make me useful in this marvelous plot?” Curious enough, the hunger exuding from Jack’s eyes was becoming contagious as something dark came over her expression as well. Perhaps the vampire had awoken something in her?

coded by frogmilk

He moved as if he had done this a thousand times, as if he knew every inch of the room like the back of his hand. Her head did not follow his movements as he undid the bonds with which she was secured to the chair, instead, she looked straight ahead. Her jaw clenched and she softly took a breath in as the man unbuckled her around her middle. Tranquillity came back to Dione as she could once again move freely, and, if need be, reach her dagger. She let her arms stay where they were, but she crossed her legs slowly the moment Jack sat upon the desk. Her posture was a confident façade, for Dione was not feeling particularly confident in her predicament.

That primal look of hunger returned to his eyes. She thought it might be something one might find in a savage beast, yet the rest of his demeanor was so calculated, so refined. Oddly, she felt herself wanting to know more. A thoughtful expression made itself clear on the woman’s face as she licked her lips and then bit down on the bottom one. Her eyes had moved away from the man and gotten stuck on the massive oak desk. “So… monsieur is planning… a coup de grace?” Her voice was careful, not really knowing how to read the situation. Brown eyes met steel as her gaze shifted back to him. In all honesty, Dione was not sure how to feel. Had she been a hundred years younger she would have regretted asking for a part in this. But the years had made her all the more ferocious and seeing change, being part of change… The whole situation brought her back to that dark alley in Paris and the feelings of freedom and empowerment that had followed. A sudden need for having things happen right now took hold of her. She leaned back into the chair, anxious for whatever was to come.

“Perhaps more importantly, how would monsieur like to make me useful in this marvelous plot?” Curious enough, the hunger exuding from Jack’s eyes was becoming contagious as something dark came over her expression as well. Perhaps the vampire had awoken something in her?

JACK "SILVER" LIGHTONN
TIME: 22:34

"SHALL WE CALL THIS A COUP DE GRACE, OR shall we simply call it accelerated karma? Certainly the latter; it's like tinkling bells on the ear." Jack's voice teased amusement.

He touched at his waist with his left hand. "As for your part as karma's assistant, I am afraid that it is yet too early to speak of what your task will be. However, I shall give you a hint. Rather, you already have a hint."

In a swift motion, he drew a gun from his waistband. It was a different gun, this one. More modern and sleek as opposed to the revolver-- semi-automatic was what they called them-- but the color was the same: silver.

His lips feigned that they would curl into a smile. "The clue," he began, tapping his thigh gently, "has been on you all along, cleverly and easily concealed in your dress."

He looked at Katerina. "Kate, dearest. Please, fetch me the remote, the gloves, and the...materials." He held up two fingers, pushed together, and have her a nod. This was surely a signal.

Katerina

Mood: calm

Dione awoke, squirmed a bit, and seemed to be calm about her situation. Jack said his piece and answered her request for the time then unlocked the cuffs.

"The vial, please, my dear," Jack said. The vial settled into his hand and he took the rest of it, thanked her. He welcomed her to his lair and gave a brief explanation of his plan to the woman. His eyes turned hungry with greed, and Katerina noted that Dione wasn't off put by the primal gaze and instead was curious. The way she licked her lips and bit them again made her uneasy. They should not have brought her. This thought settled deep in her core.

As Dione gazed into the hungry eyes of her master, something dark stole into her eyes as well. Jack continued to reveal some of what was to come for her, but not all. It wasn't time yet. He pulled out another silver gun.

"Kate, dearest. Please, fetch me the remote, the gloves, and the...materials." The signal was given. Silently, Dione went to one of the doors and entered a code. The vault beeped and exhaled pressurized air. It slid open smoothly, the gleaming surface disappearing into the wall. She entered, and it shut after her. She gathered the requested items and entered another code on the way out. It was thief proof. If the thief didn't know the second code they were trapped within the vault.

The door to the vault opened again and she stepped out, emerging from the space. "As you requested." She offers the gloves, remote and briefcase to Jack.

code by Stardust Galaxy​

DIONE ROUX

Dione’s expression stayed the same as the vampire drew his gun again, though this one was not the same as before. It had a more modern look to it, but the color remained the same: silver. She was starting to understand why they nicknamed him as such. Her eyes fell to his thigh before moving to Katerina, or rather in the direction of Katerina. To be able to see her fully she would have had to turn in her seat, which she did not. The sound of what Dione assumed was a code was heard before that of a door opening and closing. “In my dress, you say?” Dione had little to no idea of what was happening, nor what was about to happen.

Her eyes followed Katerina as she came back from wherever she had gone, handing over what Jack had asked for. Dione prepared herself to reach for her dagger any second, in case she would need it. Nothing in her composure changed, but she almost got butterflies from the anticipation. “My good sir is so secretive.” The amusement that had been with Dione earlier this evening made a comeback and a smirk spread on her lips. It had been a long time since she had met someone who intrigued her the way he did, if ever. It almost made her want to stick around.

coded by frogmilk

Dione’s expression stayed the same as the vampire drew his gun again, though this one was not the same as before. It had a more modern look to it, but the color remained the same: silver. She was starting to understand why they nicknamed him as such. Her eyes fell to his thigh before moving to Katerina, or rather in the direction of Katerina. To be able to see her fully she would have had to turn in her seat, which she did not. The sound of what Dione assumed was a code was heard before that of a door opening and closing. “In my dress, you say?” Dione had little to no idea of what was happening, nor what was about to happen.

Her eyes followed Katerina as she came back from wherever she had gone, handing over what Jack had asked for. Dione prepared herself to reach for her dagger any second, in case she would need it. Nothing in her composure changed, but she almost got butterflies from the anticipation. “My good sir is so secretive.” The amusement that had been with Dione earlier this evening made a comeback and a smirk spread on her lips. It had been a long time since she had met someone who intrigued her the way he did, if ever. It almost made her want to stick around.

JACK "SILVER" LIGHTONN
TIME: 22:36

JACK GAVE A SMALL FLICKER OF A SMILE to Dione as he shifted his gun into its spot once more. He glanced at Kate as he took the gloves from her. They were white, silk gloves, the kind that chauffeurs often wore in movies, and they fit snugly on his hands.

He took the remote and sat it beside himself on the table, and then he took the briefcase and stood from his spot. Moving very fluidly, he walked to his seat and settled down in his chair once more. He sat the briefcase on the table gently. He picked up the remote and pressed a couple of buttons on it, though his eyes were focused on the briefcase's lock and nothing more.

"Secrets," he said in his low voice, "have gotten me this far in my life, Ms. Goddess."

The televisions behind him changed, one by one starting at the lower left corner, to reveal an aerial view of city hall.

Jack set his hands on either side of the briefcase, and then, from seemingly nowhere, he withdrew a small, silver key. He unlocked the case easily, and he slowly lifted up the top of it.

The fact that it was shielded from Dione's view kept its contents a mystery. Jack bade Kate come with a cocked finger.

From within the briefcase, Jack withdrew a corked vial with an translucent, light orange liquid on top and a very dark maroon solid on the bottom. Blood, it certainly was. Its being coagulated made it very unpleasant to look upon.

"Kate, dearest," he said in a very low voice, one so low that it was certain that only Katerina could hear, "might I ask that you hand the lady this vial?"

He looked at Dione and spoke to her in a slightly louder voice. "That there is another hint, Ms. Goddess. Do you have a guess for what you shall do now? Your dagger...that vial...what does it all mean?" He asked it in a way that made it obvious that this was a test.

Kel Deluccina

-◃' - , -◃▸≎◂▹- , - '▹-

-◃ mood: Intrigued▹-
interactions: Boruth ( screaming armadillo screaming armadillo )

-◃' - , -◃▸≎◂▹- , - '▹-

"As for my name, it is Richard."

Kel looked him over and stroked his chin in a comically thoughtful way without saying a word. It fits, surprisingly.

“Kel is short for something, no? Kelly would be the obvious answer but it does not seem to suit you." He almost laughed and had to hold back - a simple smile would suffice. "You're right. Kelly is such a prude." He teased and rolled his eyes, then leaned back against the bar and dumped the melted and watery contents of his finished drink into a wastebucket nearby. "Kel is short of Kellian. I probably got it from my mother's side. Maybe. Certainly not from the same place Deluccina came from." The boy seemed amused with himself and paused a while, letting the story linger before he spoke again.

"Well, Richard," He turned around and put a couple ice cubes in his cup, seemingly prepping for another glass. Kel also took the moment to look toward the back door again. Ronin had left, Mason was dawdling, and Olwen was still outside. The ghost of a frown crossed his face before he cleared his thoughts and sighed. "Care to join me? I've evidently got better taste when it comes to liquors. I'll even top you off on the house - a reward for not being a trash can and also as an apology for earlier."

His smile seemed genuinely sheepish as he turned around, extending a second glass with a tilt of his head. The inside of his head was a little more of a maze than his outward expression, but it was fine for now.

"How come'n ya don't gimme frees?" The local drunk whined and leaned against the bar, reaching out toward him and tapping the bar. Kel turned to him with the sweetest smile, "It's because you're a creep and you smell bad, Frank."

There was a moment of tension between them - locked eyes - then Frank just laughed and shook his finger. "Ya got me there.

-◃' -◃▸≎◂▹- '▹-

"As for my name, it is Richard."

Kel looked him over and stroked his chin in a comically thoughtful way without saying a word. It fits, surprisingly.

“Kel is short for something, no? Kelly would be the obvious answer but it does not seem to suit you." He almost laughed and had to hold back - a simple smile would suffice. "You're right. Kelly is such a prude." He teased and rolled his eyes, then leaned back against the bar and dumped the melted and watery contents of his finished drink into a wastebucket nearby. "Kel is short of Kellian. I probably got it from my mother's side. Maybe. Certainly not from the same place Deluccina came from." The boy seemed amused with himself and paused a while, letting the story linger before he spoke again.

"Well, Richard," He turned around and put a couple ice cubes in his cup, seemingly prepping for another glass. Kel also took the moment to look toward the back door again. Ronin had left, Mason was dawdling, and Olwen was still outside. The ghost of a frown crossed his face before he cleared his thoughts and sighed. "Care to join me? I've evidently got better taste when it comes to liquors. I'll even top you off on the house - a reward for not being a trash can and also as an apology for earlier."

His smile seemed genuinely sheepish as he turned around, extending a second glass with a tilt of his head. The inside of his head was a little more of a maze than his outward expression, but it was fine for now.

"How come'n ya don't gimme frees?" The local drunk whined and leaned against the bar, reaching out toward him and tapping the bar. Kel turned to him with the sweetest smile, "It's because you're a creep and you smell bad, Frank."

There was a moment of tension between them - locked eyes - then Frank just laughed and shook his finger. "Ya got me there.

olwen whittacker

~ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ~

~ ⋆ mood: delirious | desperate | exhausted ⋆ ~
interactions: Ronin ( Kryptic Kryptic )

~ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ~​

After a while, Olwen lifted her head and let a long breath out into the cool night air. She pushed a hand through her hair. Turning her head slightly to the side, she caught a glimpse of a very tall and very familiar figure moving under a streetlight. "I guess Ronin had enough of the bar." She watched him walking and narrowed her eyes slightly. He seemed to be looking around suspiciously, and it was weird how he moved so silently. Her suspicions that he was anything but normal were gradually being reinforced.

Olwen lifted a hand and called out to him as he walked by the mouth of the alley, "Hey, uh.. have a good night, Ronin." As she pushed against the wall and rose to her feet, the world started to spin. Her vision flickered and she momentarily saw the golden haze of unconsciousness, but managed to catch herself on the wall. "Ghh..." A hand went to her stomach while the other braced against the cool brick. Bad timing...

God, her fangs were aching.

~ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ~​

After a while, Olwen lifted her head and let a long breath out into the cool night air. She pushed a hand through her hair. Turning her head slightly to the side, she caught a glimpse of a very tall and very familiar figure moving under a streetlight. "I guess Ronin had enough of the bar." She watched him walking and narrowed her eyes slightly. He seemed to be looking around suspiciously, and it was weird how he moved so silently. Her suspicions that he was anything but normal were gradually being reinforced.

Olwen lifted a hand and called out to him as he walked by the mouth of the alley, "Hey, uh.. have a good night, Ronin." As she pushed against the wall and rose to her feet, the world started to spin. Her vision flickered and she momentarily saw the golden haze of unconsciousness, but managed to catch herself on the wall. "Ghh..." A hand went to her stomach while the other braced against the cool brick. Bad timing...

God, her fangs were aching.

Mason Lorenzo
Ace

Mason waved at Ronin as he left and he waved back. Mason collected dirty dishes left on the tables. Man people are messy. Well there isn’t anything I can do. I think I should clock out soon. Mason turned to Kel. “I’m gonna clock out for the night soon. I’ll call you later.” Mason smiled warmly at Kel and finished putting the dirty dishes in the sink. Mason then clocked out for the night and walked out of the store. He walked in the opposite direction of Ronin though he didn’t know that. He walked to his car and hopped in. Mason drove home and hopped in the bed. “That’s enough for tonight.” Mason laid back and closed his eyes.

There was another twitch of Boruth’s lips which showed the flash of amusement brought on by Kel’s little theatric. Maybe Richard was a better choice than he had given credit. Maybe not. He almost wanted to ask, but by then Kel had began explaining his own name. Once more the vampire nearly spoke up, his educator’s bone tingling as he wanted to offer the possible explanation of Kel’s name. Then maybe a little bit about the Irish Apostle of Franconia whom his name perhaps descends from, however his own passivity ruined that golden opportunity. Could be another fifty years before a new chance arises and Boruth inwardly cursed himself behind his more serene surface.

The abuse would be short lived, Kel had seen to that. Once again the fluffy haired boy would look away and the vampire thought he saw yet another strange look briefly cross his face. Now he was a little curious, enough so that he paid a quick glance and noted how the first barkeep had not returned behind the counter. Was that the reason? Maybe, maybe not. He would not get to consider it further as Kel’s invitation for a drink grabbed his entire attention. It was a mild, though not at all unpleasant surprise, yet at the same time his brow fractionally came together. Apologies were unnecessary as he had said to the missing barkeep, and his lips had parted to say exactly that had the drunkard to the right not spoke first. An entertaining little back in forth would follow that Boruth was all too happy to watch.

When it was finished he let a few seconds pass for Frank to hopefully settle back into his drink before giving a reply, “I would certainly hate to deny your hospitality my friend.” He respectfully bowed his head slightly, “However I will not accept this drink as an apology. Take no offense as I simply believe bumping into another was an accident that we equally share blame for.” And it would seem he was content leaving it at that until he continued after a purposeful second of silence, If it is out of your own free will and nothing else then I will accept. I also give my thanks for you considering me above a trashcan.” The smirk that crossed his lips hinted at the seriousness of the latter part.

Interactions: queanbean queanbean

DIONE ROUX

As the silver-haired woman approached her, Dione’s eyes got caught on the vial with the coagulated blood. A grimace appeared on her face as she accepted the vial; it looked quite nasty. She held it delicately in front of her eyes for a moment before letting it rest in her palm. Her elbows still rested on the chair’s armrests, but her hands were now on her thighs, her right hand playing that it might get a hold of her dagger any moment now.

“What does it all mean?” By the tone of his voice, it was clear he was looking for a specific response. Dione licked her lips, the darkness in her eyes growing rapidly, almost as if it would reach that of the man in front of her. “Mmm, what does it mean...?” she murmured, prolonging the word mean. Her demeanor was looking more and more like that of a big cat that had not been fed in a while. It wasn’t a physical appetite that Dione had, no, it was more so an appetite for a thrill, for power, and for being part of something greater than herself. She carefully uncrossed her legs.

Her hand slid around to the inside of her thigh, until she felt the familiar grip of her dagger. In a swift motion, without cutting herself or tearing the dress, the dagger was laid upon the table. Dione had a longing for going out to hunt. It had been a while since last time and on top of that, her clients had been rather quiet lately. Her fingers tapped back and forth lightly on the vial, watching him across the table. She leaned forward and rested her elbows on top of the desk, holding the vial in front of her again, inspecting it. Her eyes shot back at him, a smile playing at her lips. “Monsieur will find I’m very good at taking orders.”

She shifted her attention to her dagger. It was an elegant little thing; the blade was not longer than six inches and polished to perfection. Her fingers wrapped around its grip and she lifted it up, in a non-threatening way. Her wrist was relaxed, and the tip of the dagger rested on the point of the index finger of her opposite hand. “This baby is not suited for the job. Sure, it’ll slice a throat no problem,” Her eyes left the dagger in her hands and returned to his. but if you want me in combat I’m going to need something meatier.”

coded by frogmilk

As the silver-haired woman approached her, Dione’s eyes got caught on the vial with the coagulated blood. A grimace appeared on her face as she accepted the vial; it looked quite nasty. She held it delicately in front of her eyes for a moment before letting it rest in her palm. Her elbows still rested on the chair’s armrests, but her hands were now on her thighs, her right hand playing that it might get a hold of her dagger any moment now.

“What does it all mean?” By the tone of his voice, it was clear he was looking for a specific response. Dione licked her lips, the darkness in her eyes growing rapidly, almost as if it would reach that of the man in front of her. “Mmm, what does it mean...?” she murmured, prolonging the word mean. Her demeanor was looking more and more like that of a big cat that had not been fed in a while. It wasn’t a physical appetite that Dione had, no, it was more so an appetite for a thrill, for power, and for being part of something greater than herself. She carefully uncrossed her legs.

Her hand slid around to the inside of her thigh, until she felt the familiar grip of her dagger. In a swift motion, without cutting herself or tearing the dress, the dagger was laid upon the table. Dione had a longing for going out to hunt. It had been a while since last time and on top of that, her clients had been rather quiet lately. Her fingers tapped back and forth lightly on the vial, watching him across the table. She leaned forward and rested her elbows on top of the desk, holding the vial in front of her again, inspecting it. Her eyes shot back at him, a smile playing at her lips. “Monsieur will find I’m very good at taking orders.”

She shifted her attention to her dagger. It was an elegant little thing; the blade was not longer than six inches and polished to perfection. Her fingers wrapped around its grip and she lifted it up, in a non-threatening way. Her wrist was relaxed, and the tip of the dagger rested on the point of the index finger of her opposite hand. “This baby is not suited for the job. Sure, it’ll slice a throat no problem,” Her eyes left the dagger in her hands and returned to his. but if you want me in combat I’m going to need something meatier.”

Last edited:
Crimson King|The Silent One
Ronin Valpier

Ronin began to speak but then he watch her stumble and brace herself as of a punch were going to be thrown her way. I’m not a doctor I should leave this alone. No, vampires could take advantage of her. Or I could just get a tiny bit of blo- NO. I am not doing this today. I’ll go to the jail. Ronin helped her stand straight. “Are you okay? It seems like you have some stomach ache or Something. If you need some help I can drive you home or if you don’t want to share your address then somewhere relatively near. I am happy to help.“ Ronin acted as a crutch for Owlen. He led her to the parking lot where she probably had her car. They passed through an alleyway with a few beggars sleeping along the walls. Ronin searched for any sign of hunger in her eyes.​

JACK "SILVER" LIGHTONN
TIME: 22:38

JACK'S EYES DARKENED, AND a smile crept onto his face. It was a wide smile that revealed all of his teeth. The golden lights above cast a dark shadow over much of his face, and he looked nearly like a creature who had just ensnared a small animal in its jowls. "Clever, clever. I knew that I could count on you to figure it out, Ms. Goddess..."

Jack lifted the vial, held vertically between his forefinger and his thumb, up to the light. It cast a faint red light on the desk beneath it. He looked at it, lips still curled into a smile, eyes still hungry. "I suppose that speaking of combat with you free of a weapon..." He rested the vial back inside its spot in the case and stood up from the table. "...is a bit like putting the cart before the horse, mm, chérie?"

His eyes flicked to Katerina, as if he considered requesting her assistance one more, but he seemed to decide against it, and his lips settled back into their neutral position as he walked out from his desk and over to a door to the left of his desk. The door looked as if it were very heavy, and it would surely be very difficult to pry open, but, thanks to his tapping on the code and it popping open for him, there was no need to force it open.

Inside, though it was mostly obscured due to Jack's tall figure, the walls were lined with weapons. The east wall held guns, and from right to left on the wall, the guns got larger and larger. They were all silver-tinted, and they all glinted in the bright, white light within the closet. On the wall directly behind the door (the south wall, if one was referring to the walls with compass directions), there were many vials of strangely colored liquids, all mere inches tall, so that the wall looked like an abstract mural.

However, he was not concerned about any of these walls. Instead, he focused his attention on the west wall. On it were many sheathed blades, of all sizes, and each one was worn, as if they had history.

His eyes scanned the wall, and they finally settled on a small blade near the door. As he picked it up, his eyes filled with a certain cloudy expression. It was something akin to a nostalgic look, though it was uncertain if that was, exactly, what it was.

The scabbard of the blade, it became more obvious as he sat it down, was a dark, beautiful leather. A feather-like pattern of a bright silver color ran along the center of either side. The hilt of the blade was intricate as well; it was silver-colored and relatively thin, and decorating the very end of it was a small, anatomically correct heart.

He tapped a few buttons on the door, and he shifted the blade to rest gently in his hands as the door shut. He held it with care in two hands as he walked towards the table.

When he reached his seat, he gently sat the blade before himself. "Will that blade suffice, Ms. Goddess?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back