• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern BioPhage: Zombie Apocalypse RP (Open/Accepting!!)

Right. So the names Harrison. Harrison Blackwater. Friends used to call me Haz. Used to. Pretty funny how quickly a guy can lose his identity. Knew a few of 'em who went nuts in the end. Completely bonkers.

When a human is deprived of normality, faced with... Extinction, I can't help but wonder- Why the hell are they throwing the game up so early? Sure, you can get mauled, raided, shot, eaten, beaten, burnt, crucified and turned on- But let's all face it. The last of us surviving, survived for a reason. Be it brutality, leadership or something else. We survived. We, are something more. Think of me as selfish, but after living out in this world; fuck it all. Slap some war paint on and call me the last guy who gave a shit about my appearance to others. We're all in the deep end, and I don't know about everyone else, but holy mother of Christ am I paddling.

Harrison, was a scruffy looking figure to observe. An unshaven beard wildly taking centre piece, with dark brows and angular nose. His eyes of pale blue quality and blocky body although in other contexts could be described as 'burly'. Today- Like every day; He was dressed in frayed cargos, atop layered clothing. His figure weighed down by a military pack, strapped with an old Winchester Safari hunting rifle, supplies, cigarettes, a small (yet evident) collection of books and lastly an old baseball bat.

Blackwater's face was tanned, smeared with dust and dirt; Two streaks of reddish chestnut paint under each of his eyes. He had a weathered appearance, yet also aged. 28, and already the creases in his features had become more prominent, with the crows feet cornering his eyes, piled upon the worry lines of stress.

Wasn't as if he would be joining any undead beauty pagents.

The survivor pulled the hood tighter around his face, grasping his rifle in clenched fists. He crouched, moving from one form of shelter to another, hearing nothing but the cawing of Ravens whom were out, trying to make a meal of old decaying carcasses. Haz's eyes flickered left to right with wary caution, stepping forward. One foot after another. Supplies would be essential at this moment. Whether it be an old and delightful can of Heinz, or something marginally better- Like Campbell soup. Drawn from his land of thought; Harrison froze. Low moans of shuffling hosts brought on the wind.

Time to get a move on Haz. Don't want to miss lunch and end up as Frankenstein food.

Wasn't frankenstein the professor?

Perhaps he indulged in cannibalism.

Well, other than his small scare the big man carried forward, talking to himself. Again. He hadn't exactly had much of a social life since the disease turned everyone into plague infested bags of rotting flesh.

Pretty damn disgusting. Makes my skin crawl everytime.

His melancholy surroundings overwhelmed, to childrens toys abandoned in the street and shops which held the remnants of human society. Morbidly beautiful in a way. Yet it saddened him to see his world in tatters. What was once his life. Now he had just become another link in the foodchain. Mother nature was a cruel mistress. Harry, took note of the restless shadows, hiding malicious intent; onwards walking ever still. With feet aching and joints sore he took little rest for drink and food, finding himself within an old apartment block. Perhaps it could be worth the loot.

What the hell am I saying, shoulda gone down and out into the countryside instead of staying in this graveyard.

Rowan follows closely behind his new companion. "Perhaps we should head out to a more rural area, less populated equals less infected."

BELL said:
Rowan follows closely behind his new companion. "Perhaps we should head out to a more rural area, less populated equals less infected."
"Maybe. But we're not going out there unarmed. We need guns. And Ammo. Lots of it." She replied as they got to the roof, where Kimmy decided to sit down so that she could catch her breath.

"Kimberly...What's yours?" She asked in return as she continued to catch her breath. Looking downwards, she couldn't help but curse in her head due to the massive horde of Zombies down on the Ground waiting for them.

"Sure. Let's use the Rooftops to get to that Pawn Shop. Over there." Kimmy said when she stood up and pointed to the pawn shop.

03e5b538-08d5-4f95-8399-0f81723c6bbf_zpsts6mxazh.jpg

"He's not talking about you." Jordan snapped at Nathan breaking his usual trend of silence. He stood up throwing his gun over his shoulder, knowing that it was a better idea if they held up in a small building for the night, somewhere small where a fire would better warm the room, "You are right though." Jordan said to Nathan. While it took a while for him to warm up to new people, he did give credit where credit was due, "We should find the guard shack. It should be on the outskirts. We can stay warm in there for the night." he through his ACU backpack over his shoulder before squatting down by Aisling and looking into her face, "We have to go. We will leave him a sign."

MV5BMjk1MDI5NjA4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODM2NTc4MjE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Aisling didn't respond. She crossed her arms, not wanting to say a word. She couldn't give up on Max. She didn't see a body, she didn't see an infected, that meant he escaped. He got out, or he was trapped. What a horrible thought.

Jordan shook his head before standing up and walking over to gather rocks. He began to set them on the ground in the pattern of an arrow pointing toward the direction of the shack.

Aidan wrapped his arms around his sister as tears began to stream down his cheeks as he mourned in silence. Aisling kept a stain cold face, staring at the ground. She refused to shed tears. Shedding tears would be admitting he was gone and that she had failed him, just like she had failed her father. Aidan didn't say a word, no words needed to be said. Aisling wrapped her arms around her brother to comfort him, rubbing his back tenderly. It was funny how he had come over to comfort her, but in the end, she was comforting him.

Jordan finished making the sign for Max in case he was still looking for them. Jordan personally had his doubts, but refused to say anything to Aisling. If he was gone, it would be made known overtime, "Hey." he placed a hand on Aisling's shoulder and motioned toward the stones, "If he comes here, he'll find us."

Jordan_zpstc0cpohm.jpg

The twins looked at the rocks before nodding to one another and getting their gear together to set up camp in the shack nearby for the night before they could continue their march to Ohio where her mother had told them she was going with the army. As they grabbed their things quickly and began to walk toward the shack, they saw a small form on the horizon. Jordan spoke up,

"I got it." He lifted his gun to aim at the approaching figure and looked through the scope before lowering the gun.

"What is it?" Aisling asked watching the bewilderment on Jordan's face,

"That's not an infected. It's a kid."

"A kid?" Aidan exclaimed shocked.

"Great." Aisling sighed.

"are you guys friendly?" The child asked. What a child-like question. One that would get her killed if the people she walked up to happened to not be friendly.

Aidan decided to put on a smile and approach ahead of the group to try to make her feel more welcome. The girl wasn't too small, about 5 inches shorter than him, then again, Aidan was considered pretty short himself,
"Well... I'm friendly. Jordan and Aisling over there aren't too friendly." he joked, "They're nice though if that's what you mean."

Last edited by a moderator:
The infected behind the door had buzzed hair and black tattoos up the side of his arm. He moved with remarkable speed as he grabbed Max's shoulders and pulled him in to take a bite. Max swung the machete down as the infected grabbed at his arm, hitting him in the shoulder. This caused the infected to let go as it stumbled back. Not letting go of the machete handle, Max kicked the infected back, pulling the machete out. The infected then focused on Cassandra. Before he could launch himself at her in his fit of rage, Max swung the machete, slicing the infected in the back. It's entrails poured out behind it before it fell to its knees and then forward onto it's stomach. Max wiped the blood off of his face and forehead with his sleeve. He then turned to look into the bathroom the infected came out of and his jaw dropped. There were green, thin leafed plants all throughout, battery operated sun lamps were screwed into the wall over them keeping the plants warm. Some were wilting, the water having run out of the droppers weeks ago. Max walked into the bathroom looking around. He was speechless. He took a leaf in his hand, "7 leaves." he said, "Battery operated heat lamps. Batteries. This is a win win."

Cassandra had seen some weird shit in the zombie apocalypse, hell she had seen an old lady kill an infected with a whisker...but that was a story for another day. Because in that moment, when Max opened the door, all she could do was let her mouth drop open as a bewildered "...hijueputa" escaped from her lips.

In any other situation she would've probably noticed how for the first time in weeks she wasn't FREEZING her butt off, but right now the whole thing was just too fucking bizarre and her brain kinda forgot all the basic zombie-apocalypse-survival 101.

"Well, slap my ass and call me a genius..." She muttered as she literally stepped on the dead infected guy so she could walk inside the bathroom "...after all there WAS something in this god forsaken building".

Max rubbed his hands together before doing a little dance of excitement. It had been a long time since he had seen that much weed in one place, "Hold on a sec." he went off in search for the bedroom. Once he found what appeared to be the master bedroom, he walked over to the night stand and picked up a glass bong that had belonged to the "previous tenants", a lighter right next to the bong, "Too easy, Man." Max opened the drawer to the night stand and took out some kush. Opening it, he smelled it before shrugging, "Still good." he walked up to Cece before sitting down on the couch and displaying his find, "Wanna get high?" he asked playfully before beginning to load the bowl.

Its funny how you lose everything you love in the blink of an eye. Literally a blink. One moment you are having the time of your life, and then the next moment, you lose everything.

Hadley Mae Dixons.

So maybe she's your average girl, but maybe not. But that doesn't matter anymore. The details of what was doesn't matter anymore.

So you had a cat - don't matter. So you had a car and a boyfriend and a brother - doesn't matter.

The best thing to do, is to forget about them. Or so Hadley says.

Its hard to forget her, though, Intense grey eyes, perfect skin tone. Right down to her dirty blonde hair, Hadley is unforgettable. Not to mention her beautiful sing song voice. Its like lyrics just pour out of her.... Well, not literally.

Hadley hasn't sung a single note since the love of her life passed. Ryan Wulf. A man to miss.

But that wasn't her love, her love's name was Brandon, Brandon Dixons.

Of course, Hadley took his last name after he passed. Much like Rose Dawson, she didn't want to be who she was after the incident. But she didn't want her fairy-tale to end.

"All Fairy-tales end" She will tell you. But thats Hadley, she's not the type of girl that will tell you otherwise. She's also not the type of girl to get close, especially now, when she knows the world is at its end. She knows that we are all on our way out now, its just a matter of time.

So when Hadley encounters groups, she makes a B line away, not wanting to feel the pain of loss anymore than she has.

And besides, its more fun to kill things by yourself. Because the blood that comes from the infected when she slices of their heads with one. swift. move. Man, it's enough to drive Hadley crazy.

And that's just what she does, day after day.

But now, she's in an old, rickety apartment building. One that most people would avoid due to the fact that, when the world was alive, the place was filled with whores and drug addicts. Now, who would believe that a place like this, is more safe than a hotel? Only Hadley. But Hads has never been normal, if that's what normal is.

edd13e90e28cb314688af53c09bfca49.jpg

Sadee looked over from the dog tags when she heard Sandy call after her. As Sandy approached the passenger window, Sadee wound it down so she could talk to her. Her large brown eyes studying her closely. The girl seemed genuinely kind hearted and open. Unlike the Sergeant, she didn't feel an immense distrust,

"mind if I join you?"

Sadee thought about it shortly. She didn't really know this person, but then again, it would be nice to have company. Besides, she didn't really know anyone anymore, "Yeah. You can." Sadee leaned over and opened the passenger door for her so she could get in, "Thanks." she smiled accepting the bar back shyly. As she did, she saw William approaching. She hoped he was coming with her as well. Something about him made her want to trust him.

"I need to talk to you for a sec."

Why would he want to talk to her? Unless he was trying to convince her to join. Why should she? There was literally no reason she needed to follow that man. Besides, Sadee was never much of a follower anyway, "Oh...kay." she said wearily and suspicious of his intentions.

"Yeah. You can." Sandy was let in the car "Thanks" said Sandy as she let a breath, she got tired from all the running. Sandy got in the car and handed the bar back to Sadee. Sandy saw William approaching, once he arrived William said "I need to talk to you for a sec.". Sandy watched as Sadee and Wiliam had a conversation.

@Safton @Stormee Fae

The ex-con double checks his mental list before heading out into the apocalyptic world that everyone now lives in. Gas mask's filters are good. No damage on it. My boots are worn but not breached in any kind of way. The charcoal grey fatigues are in perfect condition. I just got them after all. My under armor shirt is bloody and dirty but not ripped. Thick, black leather jacket is on point. Belt is good, signs of wear and tear are starting though. Hunting knife....needs sharpening. Need to get on that. My Berettas are greased, clean, and loaded. Hunting rifle is good but I should probably clean it soon. The grime is starting to build up. My pack...let's see. Rubbing Alcohol, Gauze, Water, Toilet paper, spare clips, rations for...I'd say 3 more days, clothing and underwear very important, my medkit, my personal lockpicks, sewing kit, gun cleaning supplies, mask filters, condoms. Yep everything seems to be in order. He nods to himself and stands up. Lennex gears up and adjusts his gas mask one more time before slinging on his gear. Better safe than sorry. Words to live by...literally. The man begins to make his way out of the building he was in to go scavenging once again. Good things always came to those who persisted. Today's target was an abandoned apartment complex. Lennex had found all kinds of stuff in those and this one seemed relatively untouched. It used to be a druggie den by the looks of it.

Lennex enters the building after some time and begins to cautiously search the rooms. It was abandoned but it you never know. He kept his senses on full alert listening for any sort of noise of movement while he scavenged around room by room.

@RandomFoodGirl

The block of apartments seemed quiet, till out of the blue he heard faint sounds of movement. Not the undead kind. There was evidently a small struggle occurring. Now cautious of bandits, and anyother ugly mugs whom saw him as dinner, he began a slow and arduous walk in the very direction. Sure it was probably a bad idea- Then again, curiosity may have killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back. Haz made certain that the hallways where clear behind him, his half crouch causing the survivors calves to burn with ache. He'd have straighten up soon.

Jesus Christ on a bicycle. Hope theres someone breathing at the end of this.

Blackwaters soon found himself surrounded on either side, by stretches of flat doors. Some opened, others barricaded. Yet the stench of death was immense. So much so, that he pulled the red bandana over his nose and mouth to prevent the smell. He stepped over the debris left upon the floor, looking toward each door he passed. Nothing. About to give up, or minutes away from turning on his tail, Haz noticed one of the doorways specifically. It seemed to have been disturbed. Recently. With an overly large bought of confidence he made his way over, peering in. "Uh, hey?" Came the awkward shout. His voice low and rough, filled with that Mississippi gold.

Who even has the time to be socially awkward nowadays anyway?

Me apparently.

@Stormee Fae @Mayhem

Raven looked at the man, "well that's good to her she "giggled" a little bit knowing it was a joke" Raven then looks at the guy, "may I stand by the fire also its really cold out here and I am by myself, it gets really scary being alone" she gives the man a sad face.

@Stormee Fae

Hadley cleans the slick blade of her Katana sword for the seventh time that day, she just seems to love the sharp ends of the blade as it nips into the cloth. For Hads, these simple things are all she has left of a simpler time, when she would sharpen and clean her Katana before placing it back on the wall of her den. She's had the blade for years now, but she never believed she would use it until the outbreak began.

Hadley sets her Katana down, deciding that it is clean enough, before pacing across the room, her heels make a soft tapping sound as she makes her way across the room, to the kitchen. She glances at the apartment door, boarded up good, just the way she keeps it.

Hads reaches into the cupboard and grabs golfish crackers. Her guilty pleasure has always been goldfish crackers. She pops one in her moth and chews, she then makes her way to her makeshift bedroom. Hadley had hit the gold mine when she found this place. so much clothing. A teenager (Or an old woman trying to be a teenager) obviously lived here before she did, because there was enough clothing to last Hadley a year. Of course, she usually stuck to her ripped, black leggings and her black tops. She tried to wear comfortable clothes that she could make her way around in. And comfortable to her, means jeggings, leggings, tank tops, vests, leather, denim. Hadley never leaves anywhere without her Katana. That's an article of clothing to her.

Sometimes she likes to look back at the old times, when she lived on the island. A beautiful island. With her brother, Andy, and her father, Mitch. She had a boyfriend and a house, things were looking up. But she got an internship that she couldn't refuse.

And now its all over.

Hadley smiles softly at the thought of all of the dead bodies she's examined over the years.

"Some good cases." she whispers to herself.

Footsteps make her alert and on edge. She runs to the living area and grabs her Katana, making no sounds as she prances across the room, blade in hand, ready to decapitate any who dares to enter.

(Mentioned: @shadowz1995 )

"We should get a move on if it gets darker we'll either get hypothermia or we'll get sneak attacked by infecteds"As Nathan wears his Mask and helmet again as they venture to find a shelter from the lowering temperature"We should... bring the kid along if she wanders alone she might get infected or well hypothermia"

@Stormee Fae

Lennex felt as if he had hit a damn gold mine in this place. It was practically untouched! Clothing, canned food, junk food, Hell Lennex even found a canned Coca-Cola! It had been years since he drank one. The ex-con was practically singing in his head before he came across a room that was boarded up. Looks like someone tried to hold out here. That definitely means that there HAS to be something good inside. Underneath the mask, Lennex was grinning ear to ear. He hadn't got a lucky break this good since the power went out and all the cell doors came unlocked back in prison. Oh man the riot that came right after was a sight to behold.

As the male sets to taking off the fortifications, he pauses. The hell was that? There weren't any footfalls or anything that he could hear now. Nothing but the sound of his own breathing. The man could swear that he heard something like movement. The rustling of clothes. In Lennex's occupation, there were many times where he would catch himself jumping at shadows while he was stealing or breaking and entering. Still, if his job as a thief taught him anything it's that jumping at shadows and realizing they were nothing is better than be caught unaware. His brow furrows and he slings his hunting rifle across his shoulder. The man then draws his two M9 Berettas and sets one on the floor before continuing to work on the door. It takes several minutes but eventually the door cracks open and Lennex quickly retrieves the second Beretta. He takes a step back and simply looks into the room. His left arm is extended partially bent at the elbow and his right is bent at a 90 degree angle with the gun pointing at the roof. The male doesn't enter the room. Merely aims down the barrel of his pistol with the second one at the ready, listening. This doesn't exactly look like its been abandoned for years. It looks....maintained. Someone has been living here up until recently or still does. This causes the thief's eyes to narrow and all the happiness of before quickly disappears. Lennex's pushes out as far as his trained senses allow him to. Something was telling him to wait and his instincts never led him astray.

@RandomFoodGirl

Cassandra snorted in amusement "Are you fucking kidding me Romeo? Like, you could gimme oregano right now and I would still be all over that shit" she said before she plopped into the couch next to him and got comfortable...or as comfortable as you can get with a bloodied weapon in hand. Then she raised a finger and wagged it sternly as she watched him load the bong "Now, don't get me wrong...this is almost stereotypically offensive, BUT I AM constantly defending myself with a fire poker against crazy monsters so I don't give two flying fucks" She mumbled before she gave him a playful smirk.

She was about to make another corny joke (maybe something along the lines on how "you only live once...if you don't end up turning into a crazy mindless flesh eating zombie") when she heard something. She quickly grabbed his arm, both to stop him and to get his attention "Hey, did you heard that?".

@Stormee Fae @XxLuluxX

He heard it again. Harsh whispers? Perhaps the wind?

Harrison stepped into the apartment, pushing the door open with his knee gently. "...Hey?!" Came his voice, slightly louder and more defensive in tone. The rifle brought to his eyes, looking down the sights. Shivers ran wild, yet were repressed back with tense muscles. Slowly he advanced, swinging round to face each room as he passed. Yet all that met his pale orbs was the peeling of moulding paint. Someone, or something was here. He could feel it in his bones. Dropping slightly, he glanced underneath the slots between the doors and floor, just as his time in the cadets had told him.

Down in Mississippi, he'd often hunt with his brothers, come near autumn. Deep in the outskirts. These hunting trips ranged, but was he glad for them. The skills he'd gained had saved his life on more occasion than once. And now, the instinct rose with the muzzle of the gun, finger curled around the trigger and prepped for fire.

If it's people, try not to shoot.

Mindless rotting undead- Shoot like hell, and get your ass outta there.

Morals to live by.

Blackwater kicked one of the old cans which laid upon the floor, causing it to scatter with a clang of metal. Skidding away from his foot, landing elsewhere. Perhaps for once, his instincts were a little wrong?

Never.

Jesus that sounded badass though. I'll be kicking myself if I have to withdraw THAT statement.

@Mayhem @Stormee Fae

Will approached Sadee and Sandy, stopping just short and lowering the mask from his face. He said nothing at first, looking at the two women before glancing back over his shoulder at Flynn and the Sergeant. He shook his head, taking a sudden interest in the asphalt below their feet. He chuckled before speaking up. "Mineral Bluff. That's where I grew up." He looked up at her now. "I was in Atlanta, like you, when everything went to hell. I think we are better off as a group," he said, raising a placating hand as he did so.

"Don't worry, I'm not saying we join up with Rambo over there; he can go his own way as far as I'm concerned. But, if you two are heading out, then... I guess I'm going with you... if you'll have me."

A wry smile appeared on his face. "Besides, you'll need my truck to tow this Ford of yours when it breaks down," he remarked lightly, patting the hood of the pickup.

@Stormee Fae

@Raydog90

Users who are viewing this thread

Back