• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern BioPhage: Zombie Apocalypse RP (Open/Accepting!!)

Flynn gritted his teeth, knowing that he was outgunned and couldn't do much against the Sergeant. Before he could think of a comeback to give the Sergeant, the girl spoke up and told the group her name. Being so kind as to throw expired food at them, he caught the nut bar in his hand and then looked at it questioningly "Uh, is this expired food, you know... safe to to eat?" He said warily.

@Stormee Fae @Safton @SSgt Goodrich @Raydog90

Rowan takes the girl's hand and gets up, standing at his full height. He looks down at the girl and smiles. "Yeah, I'm okay, how about you?"

"I recommend you watch your tone around me, boy. You may not like me, but I can crack your neck faster than the young lady can pump me with lead. I can promise you that. I can also promise you that you all of you are much better off as a group, me included, so why don't we drop the hostilities and get away from our biggest fans."

Will's hand inched ever closer to the revolver's grip as the Soldier threatened Flynn. "I'm not convinced just yet. So far you haven't exactly done anything to prove that you play well with others," he remarked, catching the nut bar without taking his eyes off the NCO. "If the others are fine with you tagging along, then we can put this all behind us. I don't think any of us want trouble," he stated flatly.

@Stormee Fae

@SSgt Goodrich

@ShadowSketches

@Raydog90

Last edited by a moderator:
Sandy heard a voice "Uh, is this expired food, you know... safe to to eat?" "Well you have a 20% of food poisoning and diarrhoea and I have been eating these for days now....and those were my last ones so...I'm pretty sure their safe to eat". Sandy took her bag off her back and grabbed her map "so where are we heading...wait which city are we in...I couldn't be bothered to check where I was heading".

"If the others are fine with you tagging along, then we can put this all behind us. I don't think any of us want trouble," Sandy walked up to sergeant "Well I'm fine with with the kid coming...but sure as hell not you, you have a gun and some armour, when we turn our back your going to shoot us or even worse kidnap us and sell us to the bandits. You may trust some people here but I don't trust you, you come near me your head will be rolling on the floor. We could make a deal, we don't talk to me and come near me, deal?"

@ShadowSketches

@Safton

@Stormee Fae

@SSgt Goodrich

"Whether or not I play well doesn't change the fact that our presence is only attracting more of these corpses. You can save your criticisms for when we are not sitting out in the open."

He moved the barrel of his rifle from Flynn's foot, looking around the surroundings to any sort of cover where they can talk in actual silence. The roar and rumble of the infected group was nauseating. Goodrich slung his Ruger upon his back and started walking to what he found was a perfect spot to talk--a diner just down the exit ramp from the blockade. A few infected could be seen shambling about the indoors, their shadows cast against tinted windows as they stumbled back and forth, but not too dangerous. Even Stephen could handle them solo, let alone a crowd of survivors who have managed to survive this long.

"The diner there, Lester's Diner, I think that would be a good place to scavenge and talk. Let's go."

His boots made a reverberating thump as they hit the asphalt.

@ShadowSketches

@Safton

@Stormee Fae

@Raydog90

Sandy crossed her arms and rolled her eyes "Fine! You win but next time you won't!". Sandy started walking behind sergeant next to Flynn "hey don't worry about him he is just a cruel joke and an dumbass. If it makes you feel better, I'm here for you, feel free to have little talk".

Sandy couldn't bear the noise sergeants boots were making "Enough! with you god damn boots!".

Max continued up the stairs, replying as he walked, sliding his hand across the railing as he continued up the building to the top floor, the 5th floor, "When there are a lot of infected around grabbing at you, they could knock it off your belt before you even have a chance to get it and use it. Inside, it is safe from grabbing hands." he replied getting to the top floor, "It's my only weapon besides this." He pulled out a 45 caliber handgun from the back of his pants, "But this is loud. The way to scavenge successfully is to avoid unnecessary confrontation, and if you can't get around the infected, kill them quietly." Lifting up his jacket slightly, he placed the gun back in his pants. He knocked on the top floor apartment window before standing and crossing his arms, waiting. Nothing happened so he leaned forward and cupped his hands around his eyes to try to peer in the dusty window. When he didn't see anything, he balled up his hand and knocked again, he did it again, leaning forward, he waited.

Aisling and Jordan didn't look at or respond to Nathan as he spoke after his swift return. Jordan continued to clean and tinker with his gun while Aisling sat criss-crossed on the cement barrier next to him with her journal in her lap. He greasy brown bangs hung in front of her freckled face as her green eyes traced every line. She continued to write without pause. It was her only way of relieving stress and expressing her thoughts. Obviously, Aisling didn't like to share, and she tended to keep things bottled up inside as long as possible until she began to feel numb to it. She was a lot like Jordan in that way. Looking up from her writing, she glanced at Jordan, giving him a small smile. He understood her, he too loved to write. It was his relief. He had told her a few weeks ago when they were in that farmhouse in upstate New York. She then glanced over to Aidan who was turned away and looking off into the distance. His expression was one of pain and sorrow. She knew that expression. It was the same face he made when they lost their father several weeks ago. Aidan wore his emotions on his sleeve. Aisling always knew when he was hurting.

Seeing no one was going to answer Nathan, Aisling decided to take the burden on herself. She put her pen by the inside of the spin and closed the book on it before straightening her back, still in her criss-crossed position,
"I'm not leaving here." Aisling said.

Aidan glanced over to his sister, his eyes beginning to swell with tears. He sniffed, the tip of his nose turning cherry red, "
Aisling... he's..." Aidan couldn't finish the sentence. Strange how the roles were reversed, Aisling was usually the realistic one while Aidan was the optimistic one having trouble accepting tragedy as reality.

((They didn't forget about him. They asked him a question. The joking interaction was Max's flashback))

BELL said:
Rowan takes the girl's hand and gets up, standing at his full height. He looks down at the girl and smiles. "Yeah, I'm okay, how about you?"
"I'm fine I guess." Kimmy replied. When she noticed how tall her savior was, she stared at him blankly. "We should probably stick together...Seeing how dangerous it is to be wondering off alone. I mean, I did just learn that the hard way. But I need a Weapon, like a Baton or something. I'd prefer a gun though. I was heading over to the Pawn Shop. You wanna tag along?"

"I'll guard you, lemme get this guy's stuff first." He speaks with an American accent, as well as something indescribable and pleasant, barely audible and subtly dancing around the edges of his voice.

Cassandra nodded as he ranted about apocalypse survival tips...she knew he was trying to be nice or something, but at the same time she slightly resented the fact that this walking-mess-of-a-man was trying to tell her how to survive. He was LITERALLY waving his gun in front of her face...maybe Cassandra had been hanging around with the wrong kind of survivors, but in her experience there were just some resources you'd better keep hidden.

"You know, I feel like I should say this before you get your hopes up..." She said as she watched him knocking on the window "But the idea that there was something to salvage in this fucking building was what got me in this mess in the first place. I searched in one of the "decent-er" apartments and it was empty".

@Stormee Fae

Sadee listened as the man rebutted her declaration of the infected's status of living. He was army? Sadee had the utmost respect for the military. The reason she carried a Vietnam issued rucksack was because it had belonged to her grandpa during the Vietnam War. Both her grandparents had been in the army; it was where they met. Her mother's parents had raised her from the time she was two years old. They were always like her parents. They were her parents, Nana and Papa. Sadee felt the tinge of sadness as she thought about the horrible end they both met. Forcing the feelings down, she stayed focus on the intruder.

"These things lack souls. Morals. Everything that makes them human."

"They're just. Sick." she said the last word with emphasis, staring into the helmet at where she hoped his eyes would be located.

"There is no trouble to be had. I am a survivor, just like rest of you--actually--even more so. You soft civvies haven't realized how dire the situation is."

"Excuse me?" Sadee took a step closer to the Sergeant, still over 15 feet away, "Where do you get off saying bullshit like that? We don't know because we're civilians? I didn't realize the armed forces were the only ones who lost anything. Look the fuck around. Look at us. We're strangers communing in a road with no family members with us. How do you think that happened? And we're next to that!" she gestured toward the fence, "We're covered in dirt and grime and blood. None of the blood on me is even mine. We've all been through hell. But whatever, if you wanna have this whose dick is bigger contest we can. Bravo. You win." Sadee clapped her hands together mockingly.

Truth was, she was in now was afraid of that horde. They weren't breaking out of that barricade any time soon. It was a concrete and barbed wire and chain link blockade. Military crafted. Eventually would erode, but not today, not in the next few minutes, and it was not worth going anywhere with him. Sadee shook her head, sighing in frustration as she listened to the discussion about whether or not this man should join their somehow suddenly formed group.

Sadee squinted at the armored man as he spoke. He was practically the poster child for how not to make people want to follow you. Sadee had been doing well on her own, and she knew she didn't need him. She glanced up to Will shortly when he agreed to go with him. For Sadee, that ship had sailed a long time ago. She would not follow this man. Period. He did not act like a soldier. Soldiers don't point guns at civilians, they don't approach wearing armor and a mask and demand obedience. That's what someone on a power trip does. Soldiers express leadership qualities through the army values: Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage. So far the only quality this man had portrayed was duty, and that does not make a soldier. Sadee watched as the others decided to follow the man, but Sadee spoke up,

"Go ahead. But I won't follow a man who threatens people with violence all behind the anonymity of a mask. Sorry. Good luck to you all." Sadee turned to William before smiling and saying in her strong Georgia Peach accent, "Thank you for helping me. Look out for yourself. Okay?" she looked at the others besides the Sergeant, "All of you. I hope you find what you're all looking for." She tossed the bar back to Sandy, "You need it more than me." She headed back to her truck deciding to go back and take another road north. She opened the driver's door of her rusted blue 78 f150. She gently ran the tips of her fingers along her papa's dog tags hanging from her rear view mirror. She then picked up her map off the dashboard and spread it out in the middle seat of the truck.

Max listened closely to what Cece had to say before giving a shrug, "Well, doesn't mean they're all looted. The first ones to be looted would be nice places with desirable things inside or the most easily accessible places. It's worth a shot." Just as he finished talking, an infected hit the window, clawing at the glass as she tried to get to Max and Cece, "That's a good sign." He pulled a multi tool out of his pocket and used the flat tool to slide in the sides of the windows. Moving it around, he was able to unclasp the lock at the bottom of the window. He opened the window slowly as the infected began to try to reach for him. He held the window just at the spot where the infected could get her head and arm out only and then pushed the window down on the infected so she struggled to move. He nodded to Cece to end the infected with her weapon so they could safely get inside.

"Well I do guess our situation can't get much worse..." She mused while shrugging, before she effortlessly twirled the fire poker in her hand, and then slammed it down on the infected's head, killing it on the spot. "...knock on wood" She mumbled as she gingerly rapped her knuckles on the window's wooden frame. "Now...age before beauty?" She suggested brightly as she signaled him to go first.

Sandy heard a voice "Go ahead. But I won't follow a man who threatens people with violence all behind the anonymity of a mask. Sorry. Good luck to you all" As she turned around a bar back was thrown at her "you need to more than me". As Sadee left sandy realised what she was doing, going with someone who is a sore loser "HEY! SADEEE WAIT FOR ME!" she yelled while waving at Sadee. Sandy ran to Sadee's truck and knocked on the trucks door "mind if I join you?" Said Sandy very curiously. "you know I have your bar back" said Sandy as she smiled.

@Stormee Fae

BELL said:
"I'll guard you, lemme get this guy's stuff first." He speaks with an American accent, as well as something indescribable and pleasant, barely audible and subtly dancing around the edges of his voice.
"Umm...Thanks?" She said in an awkward tone. Kimmy's never had a Guard before. She sighed as she got to walking. It really pained her to know that she would never get to see cheering crowds in the Olympic Games ever again. She won a Silver Medal during the last Summer Olympics, which was back in 2012. When the Pawn Shop came into view, she sighed as she noticed a small crowd of Infected wandering aimlessly around in circles, occasionally bumping into each other. Suddenly the wind changed direction and blew her scent, along with her Companion's in the Infected's direction. When this happened, they all at once, turned and stared her down. "Ah shit..."

Three seconds later, they charged...

"Um... Aidan I'm what exactly?"Nathan asked Aidan by what he meant by He's but returning to Aisling"We should go athleast to a enclosed building unlike the ruins of this airport"Saying this as calmly as he could"

@Stormee Fae

(Sorry didn't know it was supposedly a flash back
:P )

While walking down the exit ramp, Goodrich turned to watch Sadee retreat to her vehicle. Her strut was one that was clearly upset. Understandable. His eyes, though set on Sadee and Sandy, who eventually followed her, turned his head to the guardsmen. He began to speak, but only softly enough for Will to hear, who was the only thing living within 20 feet of him. The sharpness in his voice had disappeared when he spoke, the only recurring quality being the static of the speaker.

"She is making a mistake. You know this."

His head tilted down, his left hand, true and swift, moved to a switch on the back of his head. When he flicked the switch with a flicking sound contrasting the dull moans of the infected, an equally dull whir emitted from his head as electricity ran through the intricate circuits of his helmet. When he lifted his head, an informed person would know that he polarized his visor. But the most important fact about the polarization of his visor lied in his eyes, which were now visible. His visor was no longer the deep ocean blue, only a small tint of sky acting as lenses for the veteran who revealed his face to Will. His eyes, like the visor that concealed his face, were deep and blue. Not just any blue, no, when he was younger it was a simple blue. Now they were dull. They were cold and unrelenting. His service in the military has made them hard and aged, each surrounding wrinkle a story about the combat he went through and each speckle of his eyes a fire burning in his flashbacks.

His eyes were speckled like a peacock feather.

His mouth was equally cracked and wrinkled, fixated into a permanant frown, and his cheeks were hollow from strict rationing. Even his hair was frayed and graying like his sense of morality. The military and the apocalypse as he knew it were taking a toll on his soul. Now, outside of the intense moment of approching strangers under the pressure of an infected crowd, he revealed his most prized possession to the guardsman whom he shared at least one similarity; his service. His eyes, even as chilly as they were, held a desperate care.

"I would implore you to fetch her."

@Safton

@ShadowSketches

@Stormee Fae

@Raydog90

Max shrugged, "Fair." After all, How can someone with scruffy uneven facial hair be prettier than a young woman. Probably can't. Max crawled in before pulling out his machete and looking around cautiously. He pursed his lips giving a small, quick whistle in attempts to call anyone (or anything) else into the living room. Max preferred not to have surprises when he walked into a room. A banging sound was heard off to their right opposite of the kitchen. Max immediately turned his head toward the sound before motioning to Cece to follow him. Locating the sound, it was a door, an infected banging on the other side. The door was closed. Max held up his machete, motioning for Cece to open the door as he prepared to take it out as soon as the door was opened.

While Max scouted ahead Cassandra got busy searching around. Quietly opening drawers, taking a peak under the furniture, and always keeping her fire poker ready in case there was trouble...which considering her fucked up luck, would probably be soon.

Please let coming to this forsaken apartment be worth it, she was thinking when they both heard the noise. Slowly moving to the side of the door so she wouldn't be in the path of whatever was behind it, Cassandra gave Max a quick nod and then opened it.

BELL said:
Rowan grabs the dead policeman's baton and takes out a knife. He runs up by the girl.
When the Infected started charging at them, the first thing that Kimmy did was grab her companion by the arm and running down a small alleyway, since a large number of infected cannot squeeze through at once. To her luck, there was a fire escape a few feet down the alleyway. Provided that the Zombies cannot climb, its possible to climb up there for relative safety. When she stepped onto the ladder, it creaked. She then decided to climb up, but looked down to make sure her Companion was behind her.

Will found himself unable to speak as Sadee turned and walke

@d away. He hesitated, glancing after her and then back at the Staff Sergeant.

"She is making a mistake. You know this. I would implore you to fetch her."

William looked into the eyes of the aged Soldier. He recognized the look on the man's face, recognized the motivations behind the half-dead eyes: equal parts regret and duty. It was the fear and regret that had convinced Hendrix to get the hell off active duty and out of the Marine Corps while he had the chance, before he ended up looking the same as the man in front of him now... but it was the duty that had brought him to the doorstep of the Guard.

He wasn't sure if Staff Sergeant was correct in his assessment, but either way he wasn't planning on giving him the satisfaction. "You're a goddamn piece of work, you know that?" he said, an edge to his voice.

With that, he turned on his heel and jogged after Sadee. "Hold up!" he called out, "I need to talk to you for a sec."

@Stormee Fae

@SSgt Goodrich

@ShadowSketches

@Raydog90

The veteran watched as the guardsman left to fetch the young lady. He had let the best of his instinct, and his passion, get in the way of finding an appropriately good group of survivors. His words were true. He could not survive alone, and in his eyes, neither could they. It wasn't long before he switched the lever on the back of his helmet to not polarize his visor, hiding his face yet again from the outside world. Letting the man with the ocean eyes drown in his own sorrow, hidden well behind the ocean blue of his helmet.

"I'll wait here, guardsman."

@ShadowSketches

@Raydog90

@Stormee Fae

@Safton

Raven still walking sees something on fire, "should I go check that out" she says to herself, Raven starts walking towards the fire, as she walks up towards the fire she see people standing around it, Raven casually walks up and aproches the people catutionly. "Are you guys friendly"

@Stormee Fae (there switched back xD )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back