• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern BioPhage: Zombie Apocalypse RP (Open/Accepting!!)

Cassandra didn't wait for Max's answer, she quickly covered his mouth and listened for the slightest creek. She didn't have to wait long since the sound that got to her ears quickly made her realise something...whatever was out there wasn't a zombie, zombies just didn't go around opening doors. Cassandra was so used to being alone that her brain went instantly into solo survival mode.

She acted fast, grabbing Max by the lapels of his jacket and then pushing him into the bathroom. Pressing her mouth close to his ear so the sound of their voices wouldn't be overheard, she whispered a forceful "If shit goes sideways you come out" before she quietly closed the door on his face.

She quickly tiptoed to her backpack, and rummaged inside until her fingers collided with cold metal. She grabbed the 9mm, and then positioned herself on the side of the door so that the person who came in wouldn't see her. An ambush it is, she decided as she waited.

However, now that she actually though about it...maybe explaining the plan to Max first would have been better?

@XxLuluxX @Stormee Fae

Last edited by a moderator:
He continued further in, this time finding the apartment opening up into living space. Lowering the gun slightly, he looked over the scope, a small frown drawing his dark brows together. Finger lightly brushing the trigger with less intent of using it.

Well, did I really want social interaction anyway?

Sighing, he continued to drop the muzzle of his gun further, stamping his feet to try and warm his extremities, shaking off the chill that had built up upon his spine. Perhaps there was no one here, he heard nothing after all. Yet upon seeing the fresh blood stains, of splattered efficiency; Harrisons figure twisted around in an attempt to spot the source. Someone, or an infected had been killed recently. Narrowing his eyes with confusion and caution did he do a full turn, glancing up and down. The place seemed ultimately untouched. A few scuff marks here and there, rotting structure.

Survivors these days weren't exactly socialites like back in the beginning. It was a game of evolution now. See whom could adapt to this new world. Survival of the fittest. Then again, he was well over six foot sporting an unshaven face and minor war paint. Reason to be alarmed? Possibly.

@Mayhem @Stormee Fae

Cassandra moved fast, real fast, after all mamma had raised no fool...mamma was in fact a cop, and Cassandra had (ironically) learned a thing or two. So she quietly came out of her hiding spot, and pressed the muzzle of her gun against the guy's skull (she did kinda have to raise her arms a bit to reach it, but she hopped the giant scruffy guy would get the gist of it) "Put your hands were I can see them" She hissed.

"I've had a shitty day...and week and month...so let's get this over with. Are you here to be an asshole and fuck shit up, or are you friendly?"

@Stormee Fae @XxLuluxX

He of course froze, lowering his own gun, to place one hand up. "I think we've all been having shitty months." He replied, inclining his head to glance towards the woman. He threw the rifle down, valuing his life more than that of supplies. "I'm not here to cause trouble. I was looking through the buildin' and thought I heard something. Came to check it out. But I didn't really expect such warm hospitality." Harrison remarked with layered sarcasm, hidden behind his witty tone. Blackwater couldn't help himself, he was always dryly humored. You could say it was his family, but to be honest, in his old job the clients he dealt with really weren't the understanding kind. "I'd also really appreciate keeping my skull intact, ma'am."

@Mayhem @Stormee Fae

A mocking snort escaped from her lips as she just stepped back but didn’t lower her gun, she imagined he probably had another one stashed somewhere..she sure did. “Oh, you’re right, how RUDE of me, shall I put the teapot on?” She said coating her voice with fake sugary charm, as she grabbed the discarded rifle and placed it on the couch, away from the giant’s reach.

“Look, I’m not gonna lie: I’m slightly freaked out by how tall you are…and seriously, what’s with the war paint?” She stated bluntly “But I GUESS you look like an okay kind of guy, and I’m sorry I’m currently
aiming a gun at your face. But I just feel like mild-mannered guys have been raining on me today, and it’s starting to get weird and I’m slightly on edge” She muttered dryly, as she made her way to the bathroom and knocked on the door, signaling Max to come out.

@XxLuluxX @Stormee Fae

Flynn watched as everyone started separating from the "Sergeant", but that was no surprise since he didn't leave a very good first impression. Without even looking back, he walked towards Sadee's car and joined the others.

"Don't worry, I'm not saying we join up with Rambo over there; he can go his own way as far as I'm concerned. But, if you two are heading out, then... I guess I'm going with you... if you'll have me."

"I hope there's room for one more desperate stranger in your ragtag group, I don't want to be left alone with our favorite commando over there! Flynn's said in a joking voice, but he meant what he said; he didn't want to stay behind as the group drove off without him, not when he was so close to actually getting allies in this mess of an apocalypse.

@Safton @Stormee Fae

Hadley stands beside the door, Katana at the ready, as it creaks open. she stays out of sight, letting the lights dim as the man just stands there. She examines him, seeing him through the cracks in the door. She bites her lip, fiddling with the handle. She begins to wonder why the man hasn't walked in. Does he know that I'm here? Can he hear my breathing?

No, its muffled and quiet, a talent she had learned from years of vocal training

"Why are you still standing there?" she quietly asks herself. He had dropped the tip of his gun. She closes hereyes, he has to leave soon, he can't be here for too long, nobody would stay in an unguarded spot for too long.

@shadowz1995

Lennex cautiously takes a step into the doorway and the first thing he does is give the door a slight kick to make it swing on its hinges. That way he would open up his visibility in the room and see if there was anyone behind the door as well. Did he just imagine it? Hell, its not unlikely. He has done it in the past, as previously stated, but still it seemed so likely. The male simply waited for the door to swing open completely before deciding to step in entirely but his head was already checking the opposite corner.

@RandomFoodGirl

BELL said:
"Alright, let's go." Rowan starts walking, carefully navigating along the rooftops.
As they scaled the rooftops, Kimmy tried to be quick about it. No doubt all the noise she and Rowan were making would attract the infected and cause them to be followed if not attract more from surrounding areas. There was no point in trying to keep quiet, so Kimmy didn't bother. The process continued until they got to the rooftop of the Pawn Shop.

Hadley ssilently springs out of the way of the door. As soon as the man moves forward, her Katana is to the mans throat. No smile erupts on her face as she growls softly at him.

"Who are you, and what on earth do you want? What business do you have here!" She yells, her voice still in hushed tones. Hadley keeps her hand steady as she points the blade to his throat. Hadley's expression is hard, she doesn't smile, her eyes are glared, she stares at the man in complete hatred. Her eyes stare at the broken door. The only way she had kept herself safe since the man she loved died. The only way she kept the infected away from herself. And now, here is an evil man, a horrid man who stole my only chance at being somewhat free from the awful reality she is now dealing with. Hads keeps a straight face. She doesn't let what has happened get to her any longer.

( Mentioned: @shadowz1995

BELL said:
Rowan looks down. "What do you suggest we do?"
Kimmy looked around for a way to get inside without making too much noise. She saw a ladder on the other end, which seemed to lead to the back of the store. When she looked down, the alley below was completely devoid of life and undead. "This way." She said as she climbed down the ladder, leading her to the Pawn Shop's Back Door. When she tried the door, it was locked. "Do you know how to pick locks?" she asked, looking at Rowan.

Rowan grins. He then takes out a lockpick and crouches down, making quick work of the locked door. He opens it with a flourish.

"I guess that answers my question." Kimmy said as she went in through the door. The store showed signs of being looted. There had to be guns stashed around here somewhere. The first place she decided to look was the Manager's Office, where she spotted a big safe. There had to be something inside, considering that it looked untouched and unopened. Even worse, it was a Combination Safe.

Rowan inspects the safe. "We could attempt to break it open. It would take a while and attract stuff though."

"Is there a way to open it quietly?" She asked as she looked around. "I am pretty sure the Manager or Owner wrote the Combo down somewhere in case he forgot it."

Rowan thinks for a moment. "Either way, it'll be tedious. We could look for the combination or I could try the combination by listening for it."

Lennex's head moves back slightly as what looked like a young girl springs out from behind the door and immediately pulls a blade to his throat. A katana in this day and age? Well, anything that worked he supposed. The girl spoke in hushed tones, asking Lennex what his business was here. Behind his mask, Lennex couldn't help but crack a smile. "Girl what is anyone's business anywhere nowadays? Trying to survive of course. I came here looking for supplies. Now If you don't mind..." The ex-con thumbs the hammer of his Berretta back making the telltale click sound. Seems she forgot to disarm him and he just angled the pistol so it now aimed at her heart. The smile on his face only grew. Too green little girl. Far too green. Should've lopped off my hand. "Get your sword out of my face before I reintroduce you to what made the katana obsolete in Japan. I don't think I need to tell you but I'll ask anyway. What do you think will happen faster? You preforming a successful thrust to my throat or me squeezing my finger and splattering your little heart across the room? I'm game if you are."

A chuckle left the mans throat, sounding slightly distorted by the gas mask. Ominous even.

@RandomFoodGirl

A slight smirk rises on Hadleys face, her eyes sparkle. "Well aren't you the definition of classy." Her accent is British, her words sliding in perfect union with each other.

"It seems as though you have forgotten something." My other hand holds a dagger to his gut, something he must have forgotten, "I'm much faster and unexpected." I turn the blade slightly, letting it rip the soft fabric that clings onto him.

"This is my home. You may come in, but you leave all of the weapons you possess with me, you will rebuild my barriers and you WILL listen to every word I say." I pull my blades back away from him and sheath my sword.

"I don't have anything against you as long as you arent infected and you wont get me sick. As long as you don't die or try to kill me." I shut the door, "Its safe here, safer than you'd think." I lock the door then sigh softly. "If you don't want to stay, Do NOT use the door."

(Mentioned: @shadowz1995

(Lennex isnt wearing any soft fabric. Its under armor. That stuff aint soft. Also. you never stated you had a dagger in the other hand. Just the katana. Quite clearly I might add lol.)

"Hm. I think I'd survive a knife to the gut sweetheart. I have before. Also, as long as you are holding weapons in this place, I think I'll keep mine. I don't particularly like being unarmed with someone I dont know. Times are tough after all. I also will NOT listen to everything you say. I'm no one's slave and I'm the one with the guns. So I don't know what kind of life you were living before young miss but it certainly isn't one that is going to fly with me. I WILL fix your door however. I did kind of break into your home. That's only fair." The man holsters his pistols and crosses his arms. The gesture makes Lennex look bigger and more intimidating. The gas mask added a nice touch as well. The hell is this girl thinking giving me orders? Does she think I NEED a place to stay or something? "Just pass me the tools and materials and I'll get right on the door."

@RandomFoodGirl

(Eh. I'm forgetful, I'll remember to read up next time.)

Cocky. That's the first word that comes to Hadley. Her mind wracks with comebacks, but she just brushes them away.

"Look, My weapons are always sitting on the counter while I'm in here. You can set yours down with them. For safety and comfort reasons. I won't boss you around, just listen to my precautions." Her eyes glimmer, she hopes he knows that she means about herself. Since everything went down, she's been collected she's just waiting to burst down and cry, scream, hit. Some things that Hads knows would be normal for her when something tragic happens. It scares Hads to know that she's so put together. It scares her to know that her survival instincts trump her normal behavior. Sometimes Hadley wonders if she will still be herself by the end of this all. If she will still be the same Hadley that she was before everything else happened.

He asked for supplies. "We don't have any. You will have to go scavenge for it." She smiles, "Just don't forget to come back." With that Hadley turns and sets her weapons on the counter before going into the pantry and grabbing some goldfish crackers.

"One rule is don't ever touch my goldfish crackers, Okay?"

"Eh your safe on that rule. Goldfish Crackers aren't my thing. Maybe 17 years ago but not anymore. I'm also glad we could come to an understanding then." Lennex then moves over to the counter she had been at and relinquishes his hunting rifle but not his pistols or his knife. He still planned on scavenging around this apartment complex AND to find some wood for the door. With a nod of his head, Lennex turns and leaves the room in relative silence. The thief continues to rummage through the building finding more rations or canned foods within the abandoned rooms. Clothes, some more gauze, sweet sweet toilet paper, and even a box of nails! Totaled with everything else Lennex had found in this place he was set for a few weeks if he rationed correctly. Lennex decides to fix the door with the remnants of another door he had seen. Someone had broken in to one of the room and the door was quite literally in pieces. That will have to do he supposed.

It's been a little over an hour by the time Lennex returns with the new supplies and fortification materials. He makes his way into the room the young lady was in and immediately sets to refortifying the door. The man didn't speak while he set to the mundane task of reparations. Some time passes before Lennex has the door in almost identical condition. It wasn't perfect but she was going to have to make do.

@RandomFoodGirl

Hads had gone onto her normal, everyday routine, eat, write, read, and then, get dressed into something tight, black, and easy to get around in. She watches the man do his work on the door, he did a good job, not as good as Patch had done, but good enough.

Hads walks to him, "I'm Hadley, by the way." She holds out her hand for him to shake hers. Her Katana is in its sheath on her back. She smiles softly, not meaning to look mean to armed. She was simply going to go scavenging for more goldfish crackers. There was a huge stock of them in the supermarket where a bunch of the infected like to hang around, and this time it was her mission to get a bag of them and bring them back. And maybe while she was there she would grab a can of Pepsi.

The store had gone untouched. The infected seemed to have a joy in going to the last place where any real supplies are. Hads had been there once before, but things got hairy. That ws where she lost her boyfriend, Kyson. she wasn't ready to make that mistake again.

"I'm going on a raid." She smiles and pulls her hand back before he can introduce himself or shake her hand, "I do not expect you to come, although, I will tell you, you are more than welcome to join me."

@Ravevanescence @VirtualNotoriety

Aisling raised her eyebrows as Aidan took a stab at her and Jordan. The two exchanged looks knowing that he was right. They weren't the most friendly or welcoming people, and they had their reasons. Both had already done things they regret, lost those they love, and as a defense mechanism retreated so far into themselves that they appeared cold and callous. They were one in the same, Aisling and Jordan. They understood one another well. Even before this all happened, Aisling was a recluse. She preferred quiet evenings at home with her books or studying for an exam or maybe playing computer games with Aidan. Aidan had always been more outgoing. He was the one who made friends, who brought them to her. That was what he was doing now.

Aidan smiled warmly at the little girl as she spoke about being cold and replied,
"It is getting very cold. It's going to be winter soon." he held out a hand for her to shake, introducing himself as gentlemanly as possible, "I'm Aidan, this is my sister Aisling," he motioned to the only girl in the group, "Jordan," he motioned to the blonde haired, blue eyed Alabama boy, "And this is Nathan. He just joined us, as well."

"
We should get a move on..."

Aisling nodded at what Nathan said before walking forward to the guard shack with her gear. Jordan followed after her, eyes peeled for any infected, luckily they all seemed to be trapped inside the airport building behind them... for now. Aisling nodded to Aidan as she walked by him, placing a hand on his shoulder shortly as if giving him permission to bring the girl along. It was a miracle the child survived this long, and there was no way she was going to make it much longer. Then again, they were all living on borrowed time.

"Come on, we're going to spend the night in that guard shack up there. When we start a fire, the small space will keep us warm." Aidan explained to the girl as he motioned her to follow them.

@Mayhem @XxLuluxX

Max grinned as Cassandra sat down. He was half worried she would judge him for being a "stoner" and then repeat the anti-marijuana diatribe force fed down society's throat since the 1930s. She joined in the fun. Max wondered if Aisling would get high with him. She was such a sheltered, academic minded goody two-shoes. Still, if anyone needed to get high, it was her. Max pushed the kush down into the bowl and used some of his water body to finish preparing it when he heard a sound. He looked up from his work and looked around the room trying to find the source of the noise.

"Hey, did you hear that?"

"Yeah..." Max trailed off as he stood up, slowly approaching the front door of the apartment where he figured the noise was originating, from outside of the apartment, but somewhere in the building.

Suddenly, Cassandra clasped a hand over Max's mouth. He tried to tell her to relax, but the sounds were muffled and indistinguishable. The two stumbled into the bathroom where they were surrounded by weed. Max looked around at all the plants before back at Cassandra who was much too close to him for comfort. Still, he remained quiet, his ears searching for more sounds. As Cassandra ordered him to wait and went to grab her 9mm handgun, Max's eyebrows raised,
"You're not gonna do shit with that." he said referring to small bullet size. He watched her sneak away before coming out himself, pulling the 45 cal out of his pocket and racking back the slide. He then watched as she snuck around one direction, he decided to come from the other side. As he was slowly moving around the apartments.

"Put your hands were I can see them"

At those words, Max crept out from his cover, behind the stranger, gun pointed at him in case he tried anything. The stranger continued to talk to Cassandra, having not noticed Max's presence, still he stood, gun drawn. Max wasn't sure if he could shoot another human being, so he prayed it didn't come to that, and luckily, the guy seemed rather polite and ultimately harmless. After Cassandra spoke to the obviously frightened man, Max held his gun and his other hand up, finger off the trigger, to show that they were also not hostile. He spoke from behind the stranger,
"You'll have to excuse her, she doesn't really understand tact all too well." he smiled in attempts to make the stranger feel more welcome and put his gun on safety before tucking it back in his jeans, "We don't want to take any of your things, and we don't want to hurt you, Man. We just wanted to make sure you're not a thief who's gonna rob us for everything we've got. You alone?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back