• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern BioPhage: Zombie Apocalypse RP (Open/Accepting!!)

"Mineral Bluff. That's where I grew up."

"Brunswick, on Paddock Lane." Sadee replied with a small, burdened smile as she thought about her childhood home she had left behind. Her grandparents were still there on the land, she had buried them there after everything happened.

Sadee was about to open her mouth to protest when Will declared his lack of interest in joining the strange masked man. He made Sadee very uncomfortable.

I guess I'm going with you... if you'll have me."

Sadee smiled and nodded to Will as relief washed over her. She hoped he would come with her and not convince her to go back with the militant stranger. Still, Sadee was curious what he knew, probably nothing really. Nothing more than she could have already pieced together on her own. She went to tell Will he was welcome to join, when he made his comment about her truck being a Ford. Her jaw dropped as she scoffed, "Oh really? That's how you're gonna play it huh?" she asked. She leaned in and looked him in the eyes, "I'll have to learn ya a little somethin', William. My grandpa has had this truck since he was 25 years old and it has never failed him once!" she motioned for him to jump in, "Get in and I'll take you to your truck. Probably a Chevy." she said defiantly. Sadee was going to make a smart remark when she heard the one called Flynn come running up to meet them.

"I hope there's room for one more desperate stranger in your ragtag group"

"Of course. Although, you'll have to sit in a jumper seat, I hope that's alright." Sadee motioned to the back behind the front bench seat where she and Sandy sat, all there was back there were water bottles, canned food, rope, bungees, and other camping supplies as well as two seats against the side of the cab that could be pulled down and sat in. They weren't the most comfortable, hell, she recommended just sitting on the carpet back there at that point. More relief washed over her as Flynn joined their group. He seemed kind and united in her distrust of the Sergeant.

@Safton @ShadowSketches @Raydog90

The Sergeant watched in disbelief as the ragtag group of survivors, the civilians that appeared from the seemingly endless hostile surroundings, packed up their bags and began to leave. He stood on the beginning slope of the exit ramp, watching them shuffle and fix themselves into their seats.

He thanked God for his visor, that his face may be hidden by the deep dark blue, and his armor which hid his identity from the judgement of those who did not understand him. He was mentally destroyed. He had been alone for so long, ever since his return from the military, and the infestation--now his one true shot at human interaction was ruined. He clutched the end of his tactical belt, heading down the ramp in silence as he cursed his being. He had lost his being. What was he to curse?

He would be alone again, and that thought lingered heavy in his head as he approached the diner that he pointed out just moments ago. The diner he hoped that at least the guardsman would join him in.

@Stormee Fae

@Safton

@ShadowSketches

@Raydog90

Harrison, shrugged simply. "For one, my height is... Alright, I am a little on the tall side, blame that on the genetics. The war paint was an idea, from a friend. Y'know, for a laugh. Till he got eaten. But that's another story." Clearing his throat, did the survivor push the muzzle of her gun down, away from his features. "I would also appreciate a cup of tea right now." Came yet another witty comment. Although from beyond the woman, he saw another. This time a rather lax young man.

Feeling my age already. Bet they don't even know what a cassette tape is. Oh the horror.

"Right. Trigger happy then? I get that. Common nowadays. But I ain't here to steal anything." Haz nodded, his stance now of a more relaxed state. "You think I have friends? That's cute." He laughed lightly, clearing his throat whilst nosing around. "Well, I guess I should be on my way. I'm off up North. Still got a while to go. You get me?" He cocked his brow; an expression of question upon his face. "And the names Harrison. If you ever need it. Instead of bypassing that." His crooked smile replied. Increasing the mischievous nature of the man.

@Mayhem @Stormee Fae

Cassandra chuckled softly when Max mentioned her lack of tact "Personally I think I'm a fucking delight" She said as she lowered her gun, deciding that if the tall guy decided to kill them Max would have to handle it...she was too tired to care. "Sadly, we ran out of tea...not out of leaves though, if you know what I mean" She mumbled bluntly, as she decided she didn't completely hate the big guy...he was a little shit and that was something Cassandra could appreciate.

@XxLuluxX @Stormee Fae

@Mayhem @XxLuluxX

Max looked confused at the survivor. He spoke in such an odd way, I'm trigger happy? Max thought, Yeah, I guess that's why I had my finger off the trigger. He looked over to Cassandra, Maybe he's talking about her? Max made a face as the man joked about not having friends. Most of the time in this world, people traveling alone didn't survive. The key to survival was finding a small group with common goals. Max didn't think it was out of the question to ask. This man seemed cocky, like he thought he was smarter or more of something than Cassandra and Max. Whether he was or not he was more of this "thing" than them, Max decided it was best not to judge.

"I'm off up North. Still got a while to go. You get me?"

"Up North?" Max questioned. He knew Aisling and Aidan had come from Maine, about as north as one could possible get. They had traveled all the way down to New Hampshire where him and Jordan met up with them. After that and discovering there was nothing up north, they turned around and began their journey to Ohio where Aisling claimed her mom had gone with the military to set up a help and research center. A fort. That was where they were going, "What are you looking for up north? I and my group came from there... there's... nothing left."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Really? Nothin' left up north? Jesus. I was placing my bets on it... I had family, thought there'd be some Evac camps left." He pinched the bridge of his nose between his fingers, brows drawn together in partial grief and thought. "Guess, I'll be heading back down south again. As much as it's a pain in the ass." Finally glancing up, he ran a hand through his mop of tangled, and dusty hair. Once upon a time, of chestnut colouring. "Fuck." He clenched his fist, looking away from them. "You ever meet a woman on your travels? She's around five foot eight. Long hair, glasses. Calls herself Lucy, Lucy Blackwater? Looks about twenty four?" Came the next rush of questions. The confidence faltering, shattering.

The woman he was looking for, was his sister. His baby sister. Forever and always the smallest of his family, the one that needed to be 'protected' by two other brothers, along with himself. Families were often torn apart, his were no special exception. Just another statistic in the charts of sad memoirs.

"I need to find her is all. She's important."

@Mayhem @Stormee Fae

Cassandra felt her stomach sink as she found herself hearing ANOTHER sad tale of the zombie apocalypse...one she never asked to hear. She wanted to be shake it off, to be as nonchalant towards Harrison as she was towards Max, but this time it was about family...and if anyone said they hadn't lost someone in the fucking zombie apocalypse then they were probably fucking liars.

She shook her head, both to convey how she hadn't seen his Lucy girl and to get rid of the thoughts in her head. She raised her hands in defeat "You guys really are something..." She said to the guys, and she wanted her voice to be cutting and sarcasting but it came out as defeated and sad. La putisima mierda, this is why I travel alone, she told herself as she walked towards the couch and plopped down.

@XxLuluxX @Stormee Fae

Will grinned at the comment as he listened to the Ford rumble. "Guess it is true what they say about diamonds in the rough..." he muttered under his breath. Glancing at the backseat, he frowned at the sight of piled-up supplies. He could only imagine the kind of discomfort and trial & error involved in contorting his 6'4", broad-shouldered frame into that.

He paused, glancing to the embankment alongside the road as something caught his eye. He scrambled down the hill to see a mottled form laying prone in the grass. His hand went instinctively to the Judge's holster, but he soon saw it was unnecessary. In front of him was the body of a slain National Guardsman. An M9 Beretta was still clutched in his hand, his head eviscerated by the no-doubt self-inflicted wound. Raising the mask over his face, he gingerly turned the corpse over. Two telltale bite marks could be seen: one on his shoulder and another on his wrist.

"Sorry, bud," Hendrix said with a grimace before going about the grisly task of stripping the Soldier of useful equipment. He took the sidearm before stripping the man's camouflaged load bearing vest and all that it contained, strapping it onto himself. The fit wasn't perfect, but it would do. Finally he reclaimed the Guardsman's fallen M4 Carbine, brass-checking the rifle before giving the Soldier a solemn nod and making his way back up the hill to silently climb into the bed of Sadee's truck.

@Stormee Fae

@ShadowSketches

@Raydog90

Raven looks at Aiden, "thanks for bringing me in, and your sister is a a beautiful ladie" Raven says to Aiden. "My name is Raven" she also replys."I umm... she murared nvm" she said casually as they walk.

@Stormee Fae

Flynn sighed in relief as Sadee allowed him to join them, climbing into the back of the truck and making himself as comfortable as he could before smacking the side of the truck with his palm "I'm ready whenever you are." Flynn said as he waited for them all to depart, hoping they wouldn't find much trouble along the way.

@Stormee Fae

Max listened the sorrow that hung heavily in the stranger's voice. Max hung his head in both respect and empathy as he listened to the stranger speak.

"She's around five foot eight. Long hair, glasses. Calls herself Lucy"

Max shook his head in response,
"I'm sorry, I haven't." Max wanted to ask him if he'd previously passed any survivors himself, although he knew the answer was most likely no, still he couldn't resist himself from asking, "I got separated from some people as well. Have you seen a group of three survivors? Blonde man, short dark haired man, and a young woman, same age as your Lucy. She has dark hair, green eyes, and freckles. Her name's Aisling." Max gave a small smile.

"Guess, I'll be heading back down south again. As much as it's a pain in the ass."

"I'm going to Ohio, Aisling told me about an evac center out in New York her mom went in the early days of the outbreak to set up. When we got there it was overrun recently, but she left a message on the wall for Aisling and her brother that theh relocated to the main base in Ohio. I don't know if it's accepting civillians or if it is still there, but I have to try. You both are welcome to join me." Max explained as he sat in an adjacent chair.

Lennex nods and goes to grab his hunting rifle. He goes through his meticulous checking of all his equipment and supplies before nodding to himself that he was ready for this. "Alright Hadley. I'm Lennex. Let's get this done shall we? I can always use more food and supplies." He readjusts his gas mask, making sure it's on firmly before setting off right behind Hadley. He had no idea where this supermarket was but this will definitely prove to be a useful venture.

@RandomFoodGirl

Hadley smiles before making her way out the window, she jumps down and slices the head of an infected. She looks back at Lennex, "Rule number two, No gunshots unless you are using a silencer. For safety reasons, the infected can hear and will follow sound." Hadley smiles sweetly and sets off onto the walk to the store, she knows the trip will be short. Hadley stops when they near the store, "Wait here." She whispers then creeps off ot the back entrance of the store, its crreeping with infected. She takes a deep breath and makes her way to the dumpster next to the building, she jumps up then finds the broken ladder next to it, she leads for that and just makes it to the bottom prong. She grasps on tightly for her life and takes a deep breath before pulling herself up. She makes it onto the roof before waving at Lennex, she then goes to the ventilation shaft and slips in, she crawls through until she reaches the general part of the store where she climbs up onto a shelving unit, she perches there, watvhing as several infected make their way past her, stumbling in the isles. Hadley crawls on the shelving unit until she reaches the cracker isle, she stocks up on goldfish crackers, pepsi, and other treats before creeping her way back to the vent. Her foot slips and knocks her off balance, she grasps onto the shelf for dear life as an infected stumbles past her. She takes a deep breath and hopes that Lennex is alright. She can't help but wonder, what is he doing?

@shadowz1995

"Yeah yeah because this is my first time going while the infected are around." Behind his mask Lennex rolled his eyes. He had been in this apocalypse, lone wolfing it far longer than she had and while Lennex did not know that for sure, he had a strong feeling. People don't become that bitter over night, especially not people as young as her. Not without good reason. The ex-con was positive she had probably lost some people. People important to her. Now she was the only one left. Seemed like the proper scenario for her. Lennex was never 100% with his deductions but he was never far off the mark either.

The masked man simply backed up a few meters from the store and posted up in the back of a pick up truck. He looked into the store through the scope of the hunting rifle and watch Hadley as she came down from the vents. She grabbed some drinks, junk food mostly, then makes her way back up. Lennex grip on the rifle tightens when he sees her slip up and almost falls right into the arms of a passing infected. A chuckle escapes his throat, "Lucky as hell girl. Lucky." Luck was also something needed to survive properly. Something Lennex never seemed to have. As if to prove the statement, one infected could be heard stumbling around behind the truck and Mesa's breathing comes to a complete halt. It lingers for awhile, testing Lennex's lung capacity, before moving on to try and find something of interest. He releases his held breath slowly and silently, never letting his eyes leave Hadley's position. "That was close....for both of us." He says under his breath.

@RandomFoodGirl

Hadley regains her balance then stalks her way to another isle, in this isle she gets medication, feminine products, water, and other food stuffs. Hadley winces as she slams down too hard on a shelf and knocks over a few packages of toilet paper, creating just enough noise to be noticed. Hadley sucks in a deep breath and sprints across the shelf, she jumps to another shelving unit and keeps going until she loses the infected. she jumps down in the middle of a group and slices through their necks in a swift movement, she does a cartwheel in between two dead ones, managing not to get snagged. Hads drops a small, round ball. a home made smoke bomb, she runs through the smoke and makes her way to the door, dropping these smoky bombs and dashing through, she darts through and alley and meets Lennex in the alley she left him in, she's been chewing on a peice of gum the entire time. She smiles, "Well, want a Pepsi?"

(Mentioned: @shadowz1995

"When we get back sure. I don't trust taking my mask off out here." Lennex slings his hunting rifle over his shoulder once more and hops down from the pick up truck he had posted up in. He gratefully takes the Pepsi and puts it into his pack. "You know, your blind luck is quite a spectacle to see. I counted 3 to 4 times you could have died in there and the infected just HAPPENED to be to far away to hear you. Lucky. Very lucky."

@RandomFoodGirl

"Nah...Can't say I've seen any of 'em. Sorry" He sighed, shaking his head in a sombre manner. "It's suddenly a big world to be in, right?" Haz exhaled, glancing up towards the woman again. "You crazy? I'm sticking to tobacco products. Weed, I did that in college. Sure everyone did. Maybe I'd even have a smoke in other situations. I just ain't fond of getting eaten alive." He replied; perhaps the slightest inkling of humor within his tone.

Now once more turning his gaze to Max, did his eyes become hopeful. "Ohio? Well, I've been wandering around for long enough by myself. Think of it as a last ditch attempt. If I find her... I'll be damn lucky." He stated enthusiastically.

But that's all they had nowadays. All they had was the hope, the hope it would get better, they'd all wake up, or find their loved ones waiting for them. It was hope. And Harrison was just another man, illusioned with the alluring possibilities. The faith he grasped tightly to his chest, the same he found familiar comfort it whilst fighting onwards. Keeping himself alive for that one, perfect moment. A moment where he'd see those whom had been lost.

@Mayhem @Stormee Fae

Hadley smiles and looks up at the man, "I wouldn't call it luck. I've been doing this a while." She turns on her heel and jogs back to the alley they were first in, a group of infected collect in our exit path. Hadley sighs and looks for a ladder as one of them begins running for her. She looks at it and slices it in half. Hadley then finds a ladder and jumps up, she grabs the bottom prong and pulls herself up, more infected crowd around her. She doesn't worry about Lennex, she's sure he can make his way back. Hads worries about her life and nobody else's. She climbs up the side of the tall building and stands on the flat roof. She sighs softly and sits on the edge, watching the infected stumble around. She smiles softly.

He thinks I base off of luck. But I have no luck in this world.

She looks down at her black jeggings and sighs, she misses the days when she was just a college student, worrying only about school. She had to toughen up a bit, sure, but she was happy. And now, Hads couldn't pull off a legit smile, one that wrinkles her nose and crinkles her eyes. One that shows her teeth, one that deems itself real. She closes her eyes and listens to the wind, ignoring the infected below.

"Say what you want. But I'm calling it. Whether you see it or not you are lucky as he-" His words were cut off as Lennex spots a small group of infected suddenly blocking their path down the alleyway. The man draws both pistols and his eyes narrow at the mini horde before him. And here is MY luck. Can't even have one day can I? Hadley wastes no time. She bolts forward and cleaves an infected clean in two. An impressive cut, Lennex had to admit. She then hops up to a fire escape ladder and quickly traverses up the metallic structure, leaving Lennex behind with a seven seriously pissed off infected. Oh lovely. She just up and leaves me to deal with them. How quaint. Lennex didn't even have time to jump up to the ladder behind her because the other infected were already sprinting down the alley towards him. Lennex grits his teeth and focuses on the enemies before him.

As the first two zombies approach, Lennex hops back and simultaneously pulls the trigger on one his Berettas. The bullet cuts through the silence of the city and flies through the right leg of the first zombie. The bullet flies straight and true, causing the infected to collapse from the momentum of his sprint on his now useless limb. The fall causes the second zombie to trip over the first and collapse into the pavement. Wasting no time, Lennex puts a round in both of their heads, effectively silencing them for good. Lennex quickly snaps his pistols up and begins open firing into the remaining five zombies. Life isn't a movie and you can't take the time to carefully aim for head shots or instant kill shots when the enemy is sprinting at you in such close distances. In those moments, you just have to shoot it till it goes down. In this case, them. Nine shots ring out into the sky. The bullets rip into the zombies with no deterrent and send three of the five remaining zombies into the annals of history. The survivor quickly holsters his pistols and pulls out his combat knife as the last two infected close the distance in mere milliseconds and this fight now becomes a dance with death. Lennex dodges the wild haymaker of the infected on his left by slipping past the strike and aiming a swift kick to the zombie's kneecap. The sickening CRACK! sounds like music to the ex-cons ears. As if falls, Lennex drives his knee with rib shattering force into the zombie's sternum. This causes its sternum to fracture violently and causes the lungs to spasm due to the impact, effectively knocking all the air out of the infected. It drops to the floor with no air, a shattered joint, and a devastated rib cage.

As the final zombie lunges at Lennex with its arms extended towards him, Lennex dips his stance and uses his legs to drive a powerful uppercut with his free arm. The strike connects with the infected's chin and completely shatters its entire jaw structure from the impact. But the virus is powerful and forces the infected individual to recover from the blow and manages to clamp both his hands around Lennex in a vice-like grip. It wastes no time and goes in for the kill. The zombie sinks its teeth into Lennex's shoulder and bites with all of its might, attempting to tear the thief apart in one attack.

Alas, the infected's attempts are fruitless. With a destroyed jaw structure, the most the zombie manages to do is rub his teeth against Lennex's shoulder in a desperate attempt to inflict damage. Lennex knows what kind of damage he caused to the zombie and didn't even react to his bite. He just stared at the infected with pity being the expression behind his gas mask. He grabs the zombie by its hair and yanks its head back, away from Lennex and exposing its pallid neck. Lennex then drives the knife into its exposed throat and carves a chasm of blood from vein to vein. The skin, muscles, tendons, and fibers are forcefully torn to sunders by the man's combat knife, leaving an exposed and severed trachea in its wake. The grotesque sounds of the zombie trying to gasp for air could be heard through the gore as it collapses to its knees. Lennex aims a swift knee upwards and strikes the zombie on it's decimated jaw once again. With the front tendons severed, the head now snaps back violently. It tears what skin and muscle it had left in the front, causing more bleeding, and snapping the zombie's neck, ending its existence once and for all. It falls down backwards and stops moving all together before it even hits the unforgiving pavement.

Sad. Lennex thought. Truly sad existences these infected fucks are. Really must suck. The sound of the gunshots was bound to attract more of them, so Lennex breaks off into a sprint back to the apartment room that Hadley lived in. The man's clothing was coated in a thick splatter of blood but Lennex's choice in clothing was more than for looks. The under armor effectively didn't let much liquid through and was made of tough material. Infected blood never actually touched Lennex's body unless it was in excessive amounts.

The male makes his way into the apartment room through the exit they previously left from, panting from the full sprint marathon he just ran to make sure the infected couldn't find him. He gets to putting his pack down and collapsing onto his rear end in exhaustion.

@RandomFoodGirl

(That's intense.)

Hadley remains on her roof, thinking, she heard the gunshots, she silently prays that the man is alive and well. No doubt they will be surrounding her in less than a minute. The girl stands and looks down at the poor, sick fucks that spatter the ground, leaving blood to drain into the sewage.

Hadley climbs down from her perch on the roof and watches as the infected come, she picks up a dead one and holds it against her body. She knows they won't see her as alive, they will see her as one of their kind. Non human, slumped, dragging across the ground in a desperate attempt to make their way to the breathing, the living, wanting to rip them apart, limb by limb.

But Hadley has learned tricks with these creatures.

So she walks through the hoard, the dead flesh mushed in between her fingers. She begins to wonder if her friend has gotten away, or can she call him her friend? Shall she call him an alley? She begins to wonder if he made it alive and well, she didn't see his remains splattered on the ground...

Her thoughts are cut short by an infected, it stops and looks at her, it's pale eyes examining her. Before it can make a sound she drives her sword right through its brain. She had to silence it before it warned its buddies, and although her heart aches and she hates killing, this is her life now. She begins to walk again. She counts three more blocks before her return to her home, three more blocks before she cleans herself off with whatever clean water is left in her bathtub.

Hadley makes her way until she is in front of her apartment building, her dead one had fallen apart bit by bit underneath her fingers, so she tosses it aside. The few roamers that surround her area are enough to take, and it won't take much to get past them.

She thinks of a quick plan, but once again, her thoughts are disrupted, this time of a hand, gripping her shoulder, she knows it's a roamer, one of those undead freaks that wants to tear her apart, so she takes to second to grab the hand and fling it to the ground in front of her, she drives her katana through its beady little eye and looks up. More infected. More fun.

Hadley has always been one for action, she loves it, so imagine Hads with a sword and a whole bunch of roamers. Fun. She pulls out her little smoke bombs and runs around dropping them, disorientating her little friends before driving her sword through their heads. When she pulls it out, blood splatters on her face, her hands, her clothes. But Had,ey doesn't care, adrenaline pumps through her veins, she slices and dices the bastards, cursing them all for killing the man she loved so much. For killer her brother. For killing Kyson. Kyson, who made everything better. Kyson, who stood by her and help her hand when they thought she was pregnant. Kyson, who held her when they lost the baby.

Even now Hadley gets an overwhelming sadness when she thinks of it. It hits her heart sharp. So maybe she is young, but who isn't? Maybe she got pregnant when she was eighteen, but who doesn't? Her mother did, so did the mother before her and so on, Hadley want the only one.

And yet, now it feels like forever.

After Hadley was finished cutting up the bastards, she jumped up to the ledge, now she is covered in blood. But she doesn't care. She drops into her apartment and falls, she falls to the ground and pulls her knees to her chest. Hadley has begun to breakdown, but odd enough, no tears roll down her cheeks. But deep down, she knows her heart is breaking. Because the first roamer...

That was Kysons corpse.

The thief turns quickly as he sees the girl pop in through the window. She is soaked in infected blood and that enough is a deterrent for Lennex. He knew some people could resist the virus better than others but Lennex had no idea how well his body would fare against it. Not well, considering his luck in life. Hadley drops to the floor as soon as she lands and curls into herself. He can hear her quick, shallow, panicked breaths. Her eyes are wide and unfocused. Unseeing. She's losing it. She's completely losing her shit right now. Lennex really, REALLY didn't want to, but he couldn't have this girl start panicking and alerting every damn infected in the city to their location. The idea of comforting her when she was covered in blood like that didn't appeal to his sense of self-preservation either. But....she's been alone for a very long time now probably. She just needs to know someone is there.

Lennex moves to Hadley and plops down next to her. His knee is raised and he has an arm draped over it lazily. Fatigue was a real issue and Lennex was exhausted. The survivor said no words of comfort to her. He offered no advice. Neither did he condemn her. He did not pity her. He did not reprimand her for her breakdown. Lennex simply sat close to her and patted her leg a few times before removing his mask. With a relieved sigh, Lennex puts his gas mask aside and leans the back of his head against the wall. (Look at his CS to see his appearance.) All Lennex did was show her that someone was there with her. She was not alone. Not anymore.

@RandomFoodGirl

Alright pal, you're totally fine. A-Okay. Unstoppable really. Sure, okay, maybe the world has gone to shit and people are beating the leaving Jesus out of each other, but I mean you used to do that, right? What's the difference? You did it for money, and they did it for...well I don't really know why they do it but that isn't the point man.

Benjamin Stohne continued jogging quietly through the mostly deserted outdoors, his breath muffled behind a white mask to cover his nose and mouth. He wasn't the brightest fellow by any means, but he wasn't stupid; after leaving a childhood riddled with constant illness, he knew better than to leave himself exposed in this sort of world. It seemed to be working so far, although to be fair he hadn't really left his stronghold too often. He had recently run out of food, and he knew eventually he would have to leave.

So here he was.

What a fall from grace... he thought to himself, glancing around for anything that looked useful or dangerous. From one of the best fighters in the world to a scavenger that's terrified of his own shadow. What are you man? This isn't you...

Then again, we live in a different world. Or I do? Is everyone else dead? Maybe everyone else is dead. Could be true.
Ben hadn't heard word of any survivors for awhile. His radio had broken quite some time ago. In fact, most of the stuff he used to have was worthless to him now. He only had the clothes on his back (a sweatshirt, a Big Ben "King of the Ring" t-shirt, and a pair of jeans), his old gloves (gotta keep something from the past, right?), and a crowbar. He had tried multiple times to make his gloves deadly to the infected, but most attempts failed, and he eventually settled on a crowbar for his sole means of defense.

God damn, I am not in the same shape I used to be in...how long have I been running? He was getting a little bit winded, ready to stop and find a place to rest, but he saw... something. Or rather, a group of somethings. It could have been infected, but there weren't many, and from what he could make out, they seemed...more organized. Calmer. And there was a truck. Old looking, certainly not his taste, but it had four wheels and could hopefully move.

Maybe I can get involved in this... or they'll shoot me on sight. Whatever ends this awful life of running faster I guess. He huffed and pressed on, making his way toward the grouping of people. He didn't wave or make any attention drawing actions, fearing they could in fact be infected, or that there were infected hiding nearby.

@Stormee Fae @ShadowSketches @Safton

Hadley looks up at the man as he takes off his mask, she stares at him, unsure of how to reply. Her mind racks for things to say, she takes a deep, shaky breath and closes her eyes. "I'm fine. Honest." She stands up and walks away, holding her arms close. Hadley decides not to tell Lennex about her past experiences, her losses. She decides that its the past, the past doesn't matter anymore, she is who she is, she is doing what she can to survive. Hadley makes her way to the bathroom and pulls off her tank top to reveal a black sports bra. She dumps water on the tank top and leaves her clothes to soak in the sink. She then starts washing the blood off of herself, making sure that she doesn't have any scratches. She isn't sure how immune she is to the infected, so when she gets drenched, she takes extra long to make sure that she isn't bit, scratched, etc. She walks to her room in just her bra and underwear and pulls on some more comfortable clothes, black skinny jeans and a blue tee. She sighs softly and runs her fingers through her hair, she pulls a brush through it then walks to the living room.

"Well, I feel less threatened with you no longer drenched in infected blood. Also, I'm sure you are fine. You've made it this far on your own no? I'm not gonna ask, not gonna pry, not gonna question it. If you've got something to tell me then by all means go ahead. If you don't then don't. 'Sides, I'm gonna stick around for now. You've got a good thing going here and I've been on my own since before I can remember. Could use a partner." Lennex offers a smile before standing and removing his gear so that he can get to his bloodied under armor shirt. He carefully strips off the clothing so the blood doesn't touch him and he sets it a ways from his things. The man then takes a quick check of his person to make sure he doesn't have any wounds he didn't notice. Hm...nothing I can see here but the same old scars here and there. Guess that's a good thing. Lennex deftly feels down his arms, chest, abdominal, and every muscle group he can down to his ankles. Lennex does this to make sure there isn't any internal damage that may cause some kind of injury down the line. There are usually signs when a muscle has been strained and can possibly rip. Satisfied in his self-check up, Lennex reaches into his pack and pulls out a plain red T-shirt. He puts it on and turns to Hadley, "Well then. Rough day. What are you going to do now?"

@RandomFoodGirl

((Max is infected, because he got bit, but because he's a carrier he shows no symptoms and won't turn. However, both of you are resistant, so I think sharing drinks or a bong shouldn't infect you guys enough to turn you. It's not quite enough exposure.))

Max leaned back in his chair, disappointed by the stranger's answer. Then again, what did he expect? Did he really think this guy would have said,
Yup, I saw them right outside; and then he could go be reunited with his friends? His friends that had quickly, in the matter of 5 weeks, become his family. It was incredible how after a short time of unspeakable hardships and suffering, you make bonds quickly, strong bonds. Max sighed slightly as he replied, "Yeah... well the big world is getting smaller. Less people, more chance you'll see the same face twice."

Max leaned forward, grabbing the bong off the coffee table in one hand and lighter in the other as the stranger spoke,

"You crazy? I'm sticking to tobacco products... I just ain't fond of getting eaten alive."

As he spoke, Max placed his mouth into the mouth piece before flicking the lighter and pressing it to the kush in the bowl, as it lit up, he held his thumb over the carb, smoke gathering inside. He inhaled slowly and deeply as the stranger spoke the last sentence. Tickled by his words, Max accidentally swallowed some as he let out a sound which was the mixture of a laugh and cough as he leaned forward with his head down, "Dude?" he said through strained coughs, "Like that's good for you? Tobacco is addictive, Man. When you run out of that shit, the withdraws are gonna suuuuck." He blew the rest of the smoke out of his nose and mouth, drawing out the last word before passing it on to Cassandra, "I'm Max by the way." he said lifting a hand in the air in greeting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back