• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Beyond the Rift (accepting!)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Cam E. Leon

Lover of Carpets and Scotland.
The year 4012.

Interplanetary travel is as common as taxis. The entire solar system has been colonized through the use of technology. warp gates between solar systems have been around for roughly 500 years now. Body modifications are an everyday occurrence allowing people to look like nearly any race of their fantasy. But it all changed when the rift opened. Near pluto. A rift suddenly appeared. No one knew where it led. How it appeared. or who was on the other side. But only a month after it appeared. across all habitable planets a broadcast went out. "dear people of all walks of life. from mercenaries to pirates. to traders and scientists I offer you. A chance to explore the frontier that goes beyond what we know. Come to pluto. Join us upon the Frontiers light. and be our crew. Come and be the part of the ship who will make history! and explore that which is truly unknown!" Came the voice of one of the richest people in the whole galaxy. Rever Lysen. He had just inherited the entire lysen company and this was his first action. To explore the rift. People from all walks of life came to Pluto for different motives to join the crew. scientists wanted to study. spies serving their planet. Pirates and treasure hunters hoping to make it big. Mercenaries looking for jobs. and they were greeted with the rift. And the Frontiers light. A ship nearly the size of pluto itself. awaiting them. The ship was ready to embark and when it did and entered the rift..... It closed. leaving them stranded. A single ship. a single crew. and A whole new universe to explore

kosmos-krasivo-art-lost-in.png

This is a sci fiRP where as stated. the Frontier light a ship of over 300 has gone through a rift in space. And is stranded in an unknown universe

Character sheet page will be up soon. a few quick lore bytes

1. Robots are common and have sentient and rights. they are as much people as you and I.
2. A few planetary wars have gone on. Such notable ones being the Mars and earth war of 2745.
3. Body modification includes such things like animal ears, skin pigmentation prosthetic tails and horns. so feel free to go wild with the picture you choose.
4. the technological level is somewhere around Mass effect levels. sorry if that's vague.
5. Alien races do exist and have been integrated into the culture. (so feel free to be creative with your characters!)
6. since alien races exist. expect Alien creatures as well!

Rule:
1. try and have fun!
2.I don't mind fights between characters. but talk it out with each other if you do plan for a character to die.
3. no god modding
4. I dont mind short posts but try and keep it at least 5 sentences or something.
5. standard RPN rules​

Last edited:
First post

Frontiers Light.

(sorry for the wait everyone)
New Project (19).png

6ff73622b3bc021afd237330a5766216.jpg 54985331ff3ba40ae4283c398b2b829a.pngIt had only been 2 days since the Frontiers Light left pluto. Barely 10 minutes had passed since they entered the rift. But yet, here they were. Alarms blared throughout the ship. power outages and glitches in the system. The all the sensors overloaded. Upon exiting the rift, The rift closed. stranding them in this new location. Rever slowly got up from off the ground. The turbulence from The rift having knocked him out of the captains chair. "STATUS REPORT. AND SOMEONE SHUT UP THAT ALARM" he yelled as he frantically ran to one of the many consoles. Natalia already there typing fast "Captain. 0.30 percent of the ship is on 5. i have a repair crew already heading out." She stated as rever sighed. "fuck fuck fuck. This wasn't supposed to happen! Natalia. i want a full damage analysis. Send rescue teams to every most damaged part. I need to do damage control." He announced. Before straightening his suit and looking at the alarm as it turned off. he sat in his chair as a small flying drone hovered in front of him. "Initiate ship wide broadcast" he told the drone. Throughout the whole ship. On every radio station. Every tv. even the consoles. His face was broadcasted. "greetings crew. We apologize for the turbulence. I say with the utmost truth, none of expected it to happen. Please remain calm. As your captain I assure you of all your safety. Now then. To anyone who has not equipped their watches distributed when boarding the ship. Please do so. They are your lifeline to the ships system and allow you to access majority of the commodities throughout the ship. It also lets us know if your safe. Any watches that does not send us a safe signal will have a rescue team sent to it in at least 10 minutes time. Also, as many of you might have noticed. The rift has closed. I cannot guarantee we will find a way back as of now. But remember. We are crew. Your are all precious to me. However, if you intend to threaten the safety of the rest of the crew... I will not hesitate putting you down" he answered sternly before adding. "also. any attempts at mutiny will be met with neurotoxin flooding the ship..... Joking. I wouldn't use that precious neurotoxin on a little mutiny~ This is your captain signing off!" The feed cut off as Rever sighed turning to Natalia. "How do you think that was? truly amazing as usual with me right?" Unto which Natalia instantly replied. " You literally couldn't make it worse Captain" Deadpan as she quickly continued typing.

You are now stranded on a ship filled with people you barely know. In a new dimension. And your captain just joked about using neurotoxin to quell any mutinies. What are your reactions?

1587345208539.png
Alicia Rosewood
Alicia felt like she hadn't done much since the start of their journey. Sure, its only been two days but she normally has done so much in that time. Alicia has spent the last two days setting up the greenhouse and the lab. Making sure everything was in order. She had to keep a watchful eye on the plants that are still in their early stages of growth because of the fact that they can easily be destroyed. That's why right before they went through the rift Alicia was guarding her plants. They didn't know what was going to happen and she didn't want any of her research to be taken away as well as a fresh source of food for the crew.

She had expected the turbulence but the next thing she knew there were plants on the floor and alarms blaring. Alicia cursed and started to clean up the mess. She had made sure that all the glass stuff was securely put away so those didn't break It was mostly soil all over the floor. She paused what she was doing when the speakers came on. When their captain mentioned the watches her left hand automatically reach to touch said watch on her right wrist. She was a bit confused with the rest of his speech. Mutiny? WHat an odd conclusion to come to. Her people wouldn't so easily go against their leaders and she wondered why anyone would. Clearly Captain Rever had an idea on what he was doing. Alicia quickly cleaned up the mess in the greenhouse before leaving her area to go see if anyone needed help.​

1587352619018.png
C.O.R.E
(bit of a short intro post)​
so they were stuck? on the other side... ok ok that was fine.. that meant work to do right? at least that what was going through cores mind that second the nanite sludge that served as his body poured out onto the floor as he was woken to help assist with the repairs the swarm of nanites assembling into a humanoid form though somewhat childlike in appearance, as for core he didn't exactly have said watch on him physically but it was inside him in a sense he would signal that he was fine before trying to go off and find himself something to do.

e0bceef691ad51102eb88c71dc76fd6f.png

Alexander Steele
Science Division, Xenobiology

Alexander had been busy at the time of the traversal through the rift, completely devoted to a study he was writing on the subject of humanities reaction when exposed to gas byproduct from an otherwise useless gas organism from Saturn. The theory was that if human cells were exposed in just the correct style and dosage, it could help with the regeneration of damaged tissue. He hadn't even been able to conduct the study yet, devoted to writing up the report that would precede it. As the traversal through the rift occurred Alexander was tossed into a nearby wall, a soft 'ow' escaping him as he righted himself.

Listening patiently as the captains voice came over the comm system, gently tapping the watch on his prosthetics wrist absent-mindedly as it was brought up. This was fine, turbulence is to be expected with so many unknown variables. What was not fine was the Captains 'joke', which caused Alexander to give a silent gump and start to pace back and forth, fingers fidgeting with each other. "He is going to kill us. He said kidding to mislead others, but it is known for people to say 'just kidding' before following through, in an attempt to disarm someone. We are going to die." A hand was shoved into a pocket as he pulled out his mobile, rapidly punching in his companion's number. As soon as she picked up he spoke, voice nerved up and pausing every so often as he was known to do due to his brains...unique personality. "Xillia, I think I have made a mistake. I am sorry I brought you on this ship, he may be going to flood it with neurotoxin. If it is an advanced strain, the human body will fall unconscious in less than a minute, and suffer cellular death in less than five minutes after exposure. I may have made a mistake, and he has gas." The poor scientist was mumbling under his breath 'made a mistake' the repeated phrase., free prosthetic going to his head to scratch at it in a nervous state.
Osuka Osuka

Tamriel  Hammerfell.jpeg
Tamriel Murdock
"Ah shit, I just wanted some action!" She yelled as everyone looked at her. "Hey what are you looking at!" She yelled again as everyone quickly turned away. Tamriel sighs. "Mordecai said there would be good money in it for me." She mudders to herself. Mordecai is her best friend and employer for most of her jobs. This time though he sent her on Frontier's Light. She didn't like the idea but she needed the money. "Ah well nothing I can't really do about it." She says "Besides, I'm sure this will get very fun.

yuan-lan-j-done.jpg
Fiyora was in the bathroom at the time when ever thing was happening. She rushed out to see what all the yelling was about. "What's going on?" She asks as someone stops to tell her. "It's the captain." The girl says. "He said that he would flood the ship with neurotoxin." "Why would he do that!" Fiyora yells. "He said he was joking but... I don't know." The other girl says as she seems to get lost in her thoughts. "Why are the alarms going off?" Fiyora asks. "Um...ship malfunctions I think." She replies. "Oh god Ying Hua must be freaking out!" Fiyora yells "I gotta go." She says as she sprints toward the Engine room. "Uh...you're welcome." The girl says but Fiyora's already gone.

Last edited:
[class name=wrapper] display: flex; flex-direction: row; justify-content: center; [/class] [class name=imgdiv] border: 1px solid #000000; min-width:480px; max-width: 100% min-height:700px; float: left; margin-right: 10px; background-image: url('https://static.zerochan.net/Haruno.Sakura.full.2048219.jpg'); background-size: cover; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center; [/class] [class name=infodiv] border: 1px solid #000000; padding-left: 10px; padding-bottom: 13px; height: 700px; max-width: 500px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=scrollbox] height: 100%; width: 100%; padding-right: 17px; overflow-y: scroll; [/class] [class name=name] font-family: 'Lateef'; font-size: 58px; font-weight: 530; letter-spacing: 3px; text-align: center; [/class] [class name=maintxt] font-family: 'Lateef'; font-size: 25px; font-weight: 530; margin-top: 6px; margin-bottom: -2px; [/class] [class name=txtwrap] font-family: 'Verdana'; margin-left: 3px; [/class] [div class=wrapper] [div class=imgdiv][/div] [div class=infodiv] [div class=scrollbox] [div class=name]Ying Hua Wong[/div] Ying Hua felt like she was living in a dream world. Well at first she did. The ship was absolutely beautiful! All the parts used for it was the best of the best. Stuff she never thought she would be working with in her entire life. Even though she really wanted to be running around talking to everyone, she spent most of her time in the engine room checking to make sure everything was working properly. It was fairly stressful due to the fact that this was her first big job and she didn't want to mess it up. [div class=maintxt][/div] [div class=txtwrap] When they were about to go through the rift, Ying Hua was waiting in the engine room. Constantly checking numbers and making sure everything was perfect. She knew that anything could happen, turbulence being one of them. She was prepared for that. What she wasn't prepared for was how much the ship jolted as they passed through. The alarms started blaring and the readings where out of control! Ying Hua used her telekinesis to pick things up that fell on the ground all the while rushing around ordering people to go check to make sure things don't get over heated, release certain valves to release pressure, etc. Ugh!!! She couldn't believe everything that was going on!! They can't loose the engines and the message from the captain (though hard for her to hear over the chaos) scared her. He tried to act like he was joking but she was pretty sure he wasn't. [/div][/div][/div][/div]

Ying Hua felt like she was living in a dream world. Well at first she did. The ship was absolutely beautiful! All the parts used for it was the best of the best. Stuff she never thought she would be working with in her entire life. Even though she really wanted to be running around talking to everyone, she spent most of her time in the engine room checking to make sure everything was working properly. It was fairly stressful due to the fact that this was her first big job and she didn't want to mess it up.

When they were about to go through the rift, Ying Hua was waiting in the engine room. Constantly checking numbers and making sure everything was perfect. She knew that anything could happen, turbulence being one of them. She was prepared for that. What she wasn't prepared for was how much the ship jolted as they passed through. The alarms started blaring and the readings where out of control! Ying Hua used her telekinesis to pick things up that fell on the ground all the while rushing around ordering people to go check to make sure things don't get over heated, release certain valves to release pressure, etc. Ugh!!! She couldn't believe everything that was going on!! They can't loose the engines and the message from the captain (though hard for her to hear over the chaos) scared her. He tried to act like he was joking but she was pretty sure he wasn't.

Xillia

1587882739690.png Today was the start of a new adventure, and with new adventure came new chances to expand her knowledge and her experience - and that was literally the best thing she could ever hope for. There were already so many things in Xillia's home galaxy that she didn't know and this was an opportunity that would've never happened in a billion other parallel universes! That said, as she had been helping to ensure the Medical wing's inventory was fully accounted for, a.... Troubling announcement had come over the intercom. Apparently there was no foreseeable way back to their own galaxy now that the rift had closed, and with the joke about mutiny and toxins, she knew exactly what was coming up next.

The fact that her phone was in her hand before Alexander even called was proof of such pudding.

"Alexander, calm yourself," was the first thing out of Xillia's lips, her even, gentle soprano holding a more stern note to it. "Even if the Captain in his madness were to use a Neurotoxin to stifle mutiny, you would have to consider multiple factors:

"The first is the fact that gassing the entire ship would be incredibly counter-productive post-squashing a mutiny. Along with anyone that decided it was a great idea, he would be killing vital crew members that will be necessary to the continuation of either the exploration of our new home-away-from-home, return back to our origin point, or even both. I'm sure that most individuals wouldn't even think of mutiny, which is the more logical option if he were to use a neurotoxin - hit the rebellion in their own quarters, and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't screw that up. So, with how much of a pacifist you are, I highly doubt that he would gas you.

"Besides, I'm a slime," she continued, holding up a finger towards herself. "It would also have to have an effect on my biology, and if it doesn't, you're golden. I could literally keep you in my body and ensure that you have the oxygen necessary to breathe. Also, didn't you bring your respirator anyway?"

A sigh passed her lips as she ended her exposition on their situation. Alexander had always been the worry-wart, and it was her duty as her pack-mate to counter that with her own logic.

"Rest assured, Alexander, you're safe," she said, exaggerating the last word. "I'm not going to let some captain or some brawny idiot decide that you'd look good in a box."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Lautrec Stern

1587883344311.png All of Lautrec's things were put away, his personal interface that connected to the ship was set up, and of course, he was as devilishly handsome as always. It was hard being so absolutely wondrous and capable sometimes, but someone had to do it, and who better than the Bigger, Better, Longer-Lasting James Bond of their time? By now, one would think that, according to the Captain's little announcement, respirators would be an amazingly common and cheap thing for even the layman to get his hands on, and Lautrec's, due to his bank account being something of wonder of it's own, was more than happy to afford him only the best - as he deserved. All his hard work always justified his gains and no one could tell him otherwise.

So, he decided he was going to further justify juuuuust why he was deserving to be on this ship. A little fixing of his hair, shifting of his suit, and a touch to the base of his glasses' leg, and he was off. Multiple screens containing different forms of data sprang to life around him in his own perception that displayed the layout of the ship, the functions of certain things - including his watch that jangled with the rest of his bracelets and bangles, and a whole slew of different security features that almost made him purr with impressed glee. The ship was so tight with cyber-security that it almost screamed "Breach me, Daddy!," and he wasn't going to say no to such a challenge.

A quick stretch as he beckoned and shooed a mass of different windows almost looked like the gestures of a skilled conductor keeping his band in time as he rummaged and roamed to his heart's content. Surely a perceptive captain wouldn't see this as Mutiny, would he? After all, this was just the attempt of a concerned crewman of his vessel attempting to reach out to his captain, and if anything, Lautrec was most definitely concerned. He wouldn't show it, though. It was below him to show his feathers ruffled in the gaze of moral and ethical quandary (as well as that joke about threatening to stifle mutiny with a nerutoxin).

Almost ten minutes of rummaging, roaming, ransacking and rambunctious riddling had been abound, and Lautrec was no less entertained before he felt he had stumbled upon the solution, and if he had been successful, with a press of a holographic button, he would hopefully connect to the Captain himself, which would show him after he pulled a small, hovering camera from his pocket that directed its attention to his most handsome form.

"O' Captain, my Captain~" He would coo with amusement if successful. "Are you there, sir? I would so dearly wish to speak with you concerning our current situation. Would you mind lending your ear to the questions of a crewman?"

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

670042D3-5785-4D62-A33C-FD9FD3E9F216.jpeg
Dr. Phosphorus
Day 2 after leaving Pluto, ten minutes inside the rift:
He always wondered if something worse than the destruction of Pesobos existed but apparently, things got a lot worse. He was rudely waken up from his nap by the ship rocking, which is usually not a good sign, he sigh as he got off his bed, his entire room made fire-proof so that he can sleep peacefully without being restricted by his suit. He the went to his closet and opened it up, his suit being inside there hanging, before beginning to take it out and put it on. As he finished fully putting on the suit, he heard on the intercoms as the captain began speaking about the watch which was attached to his left arm of his suit, then something along the lines of using neurotoxin if a mutiny were to happen, only to say a few seconds later that it was joke, he just made a slight chuckle as he exited his room, if the captain were to actually use neurotoxin, it will probably have no effect on him due to not only wearing a suit that blocks out outside gasses other than carbon dioxide but it wouldn’t work in the first place due to lack of organs he had. He then started walking towards the lab to hopefully safely remove the filled capsules of Scoanor and replace them with new empty capsules, ignoring the panicking crew members as he walked peacefully there.

Last edited:
1588050477222.png
gor'dez
interaction: Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon
Dez was already down at the engine room repairing the and checking the various damaged systems the "man" so to speak what about the most alien member of the crew bearing no resemblance to a human whatsoever as he'd crawled on the roof of the engine bay various tentacles stretching out each tipped with some form of tool as gor'dez attempted to repair multiple systems at once after all the damage that was caused "hey capen doubt ya joke really helped with the moral down here iv got ten of my staff freaking out over neurotoxins and I'm already stretched to my limit trying to fix this blasted ship if ya could be a little more considerate that would be nice hey?" he'd responded over the comms rather disgruntled by his adress

82A68C25-A450-4110-B378-08FE6C636161.jpeg
Anton Kästner
Location: corridors of the ship leading to the Captain’s command deck
He had been wanting to have a chat with the captain on the progress of Frontiers Light through the rift before suddenly getting thrown to the floor as the entire ship shake from some unknown reason, he slowly got up as lights flickered on and off and alarms blared. He then began to think what in bloody hell was happening, before getting his answer by the Captain using the intercoms, speaking about how they left the rift but the rift closed behind the ship, leaving them here. Also he said something about destroying any mutinies on the ship with neurotoxin, wait what... He then mentally face palm in disbelief as the captain would said that after a few minutes of going through total chaos throughout the ship. He sigh as he used his internal radio inside his helmet, quickly connecting to the intercoms of the ship, he was not the only one with access to it. He then said
“This is Chief Anton Kästner of the Security division on Frontiers Light....” he said, his voice being heard by all the crew members on the ship. He then said “...... there is no reason to panic, I will try to answer some of the questions you may have, one of which is about the lethal use of neurotoxin if any mutinies were to happen... The captain will not use any Neurotoxin to remove any mutinies on the ship, reason one being is that there is no use for any neurotoxin pipes in order to carry the deadly gas throughout the entire ship for mutinies due to it being a problem which can easily be solved by the Security Division in the ship, reason two being that he will not do that considering we are possibly the only intelligent life for Millions of miles here on the other side of the rift, and killing members of the ship who can easily be jailed would be very costly considering the condition we are in. I hope that this is will at least help you calm down so that total anarchy won’t happen in the ship and make us stop being who we are, people trying to survive on the other side of the rift, this is Chief Anton signing off” as he turned off the intercom system in his helmet, hoping that the crew members here heard his message and started calming down. He then started walking back towards the captains deck, now having more reasons for talking to him, after a few minutes he reached the door as he began to knock on it, while saying “Captain, you have many things that needed to be answered right now”, his voice being heard from the door on the other-side, the tone of it showed he was not happy, not even close on what the captain did after the ship left the rift.
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Last edited:

Rever And Natalia
Captains Command Deck
6ff73622b3bc021afd237330a5766216.jpg54985331ff3ba40ae4283c398b2b829a.pngBoth the chief of Security and Mr. Lautrec would have been surprised by the sight they saw in the Command deck. Which was currently Natalia the second in command having Rever in an arm lock chocking it out. " Idiot! always puling these damn jokes! its like you want a mutiny!" Natalia yelled as Rever struggled some before Natalia dropped him to the floor. Rever quickly stood up smiling, and said "ahh! Chief of security. aaaand Mr. Lautrec apparently. I shall happily answer both of yours questions but first! Let me state some things!. Firstly. yes indeed there is Neurotoxin in the ship, secondly. it is only for absolute emergencies. ya know such as a deadly virus. Or necromorphs. or Last resort against possible aliens.... or necromorphs. Thirdly. Yes, we are indeed stranded, i am currently in a bit of an emotional breakdown so excuse any outbursts. and fifthly. Chief" he said pouring a drink of whiskey into three shot glasses taking his gloves off. "I've been told men of action are drawn to liquor to numb their senses in times of peace." he took up to of the shot glasses handing one to him. "I value everyone on this ship... I truly do. I have memorized every single one of the over 5,000 people on this ship. And as of joining this ship. I don't care what planet they came from. What military, pirate, criminal organizations they came from. I don't even care if they are spies. From they moment they stepped foot on this ship. They are crew mates. and family. And i say to you this." he took the shot as he hand trembled. not with fear. But with underlying rage. "If anything. threatens the lives of our crew mates in this rift. Be it a priceless artifact or alien race. I will not take any chances. I want it detained. Restrained or eliminated. And if you are not fine with killing to secure the safety of this ship and its crew." he crushed the shot glass in his hand the broken glass stabbing and cutting his hand as his eyes were wide. dropping the bloody glass on the floor he sighed wiping the sweat from his head backwards. The blood smearing onto his fore head and hair as he gave a calm smile. "I will not hesitate to pull the trigger myself." he said without any feelings of guilt or remorse. The dark atmosphere quickly dissipated as he laughed and sat in his chair Natalia wrapping his hand in bandages. "SO! what did you two want to ask of me? i will answer any questions I'm able to."

Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 Osuka Osuka

4C34B3DF-23BD-468F-BB85-D0B081B9C1C7.jpeg
Anton Kästner
He didn’t know what kind of drugs he was on when he entered the command deck and saw the second in command having the captain in a arm-lock calling him a idiot for talking about the neurotoxin and scaring the crew. But he just stood by and watch as the second in command finally let the captain go..... before noticing him and the hologram of someone next to him. He just coughed as he stood at attention, putting his legs together and saluting the captain, before relaxing. The captain began saying something’s about the neurotoxin which was true, but would be only used for absolute emergencies. The captain would pour him a shot of whisky, which he happily took because of the new amounts of stress entering his mind, as he slowly took off his helmet and drank the whole shot in one go. He continued listening to the captain as he talked about the crew members, not caring what race they are or who they are working for. Before saying that he will not hesitate to kill in order to protect his crew as the captain broke the shot glass, but he was expecting this due to the captain saying earlier he was having an emotional breakdown. The captain then said he will answer any question they had after having his hand bandaged by the second in command and he began to speak
“Sir, this is regarding the little ‘joke’ you said earlier, which possibly may have made the crew scared for their lives. And I decided to go on the intercoms speaking about the neurotoxin and trying to calm them down, but I believe that speech may or may not work as well, the reason being that I am not there to see the effect of it....... and the ‘speech’ being a complete lie right now due to the fact that you spoke about the neurotoxin right now, which would scare the crew even more if they were to figure out, I was simply wondering how are you gonna get out of this mess.....” he stopped talking and waited for the captain to respond
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Last edited:
Lautrec Stern
Time: To really consider seeing if they had whisky in commissary...

1588238119089.pngWhile the antics of the Captain and his First Mate was quite the comedic sight to behold, something told him that perhaps now wasn't exactly the time to be going through the motions of it - be it his background or maybe the fact that they suddenly had quite a lot of work ahead of them as far as simple rationality went. The hunk in the Suit was quite a sight to behold as well, but left only far too much to the imagination as his eyes roamed over the virtual sight of the Captain's Quarters. Then there was, of course, Natalia. She was, of course, cybernetic, and obviously quite physical rather than a hardlight manifestation of an Onboard AI, which was obvious enough from his traipsing through all the ship's files to get where he was now. Natalia was also quite aggressive to her Captain, which, as he stood with his hands behind his back to survey it all, seemed grossly unprofessional. He'd gaze them over the rim of his glasses if it wouldn't have cut his field of view, but all the same found himself inclining his head ever so slightly in a reflex to do so.

Even the display of drinking and then crushing his shot glass was uncalled for, in Lautrec's opinion, but then again, they weren't a military installation where everyone was "supposed to keep their cool." Spoiler alert, however: There was always shouting when lack of shot glasses to crush was observable, which was unfaltering. Lautrec didn't make a gesture towards the Whiskey that had been set aside from himself, as it would have been in vain, but did however gaze at it before straightening himself to address the Captain and Natalia directly.

"My questions shall come later, considering the urgency of the situation at hand. Though I have already gleaned that you are more than quite aware of the effect you have likely had on our gallant crew, my Captain," he began, his posture and tone kept rigid and proper. "I would suggest more than one course of action in the next forty eight hours alone, extending to the coming weeks until you have secured the loyalty of those aboard this vessel.

"Your crew is most definitely going to be shaken as far as morale is concerned, which leaves the issue of your hindsight-in-speech raising the likelihood of mutiny if any of them are even a fraction of the necessary intellect to disrupt your installations to spread neurotoxins. A showing of good faith of sorts - maybe an apology of material means - might win over a majority of the crew considering most are like to be swayed by such, but the fact remains that you've yet to ensure your crew that there are measures taken for this incident.

"They're likely not aware that you have had the foresight to plan for the scenario in which the Rift has closed," Lautrec continued, but his tone had changed. It became somewhat more grave as his eyes leveled at the Captain, and his left hand came forward to turn palm-up, level with his diaphragm - a gesture towards the commanding parties of the ship. "And it may behoove you to make sure it's known that your flight crew as well as your R-And-D department are equipped to handle it - even if it is a lie. Many here are likely to have taken this job in order to accrue wealth that their families would be keen on properly utilizing. This could have had a devastating blow to the psyche of said demographic of the crew, and I would advise that the Medical and security teams be on the lookout for tell-tale signs of risky behavior that would come to an...

It only took a second between his pause and continuation to speak once more, but the downward tug at the corner of his lips had creased his visage in worry. "Unfortunate ending to their final act."

Having given his suggestions, since it seemed more apparent that the topic of the crew was more important than his own self-oriented objective, his hologram turned to the Security staff in armor. His body had taken the same stance as before: feet together with his head up, eyes level with the visor of the one before him, hands behind his back, and his back and shoulders straight. Lautrec likely seemed far too lanky for the posture he had held, but there was a practiced familiarity in it all. As if he had held the single most destructive force in his hands behind his back.

"Chief Kastner," he began once again. "I've no intent to tell you how to do your job, since you'll have the stress of directly dealing with the crew, and each situation is always different in some capacity. Considering my role in all of this is more akin to administration of cyber-security than the physical, it's more likely I will be doing anything in which you find my assistance is warranted, but I have been in somewhat a similar situation - though I digress there was no rift that closed our way back from where we were. What I find works best is to make sure the security teams do not appear as tense or as restrictive while the crew tries to find some semblance of comfort during these new developments in our situation. Duty and protocol do come first, I admit, but not all of them are psychologically equipped to handle the duress they are likely experiencing.

"If you require my assistance in monitoring the crew and whatever else you find requires my attention, you'll have it. My glasses work as a communications device if you need to contact me directly, and you'll have the access codes to alert me of additional tasks or emergencies before you leave the room. I may not appear much, but rest assured that one's appearance is the most artful of deceptions."

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505

e0bceef691ad51102eb88c71dc76fd6f.png
Alexander Steele
Xenobiology, Science Division

Xillia's soprano voice and calming, logical approach to things was enough to get him to stop his pacing, prosthetic leaving his head and now a mess of hair. When in doubt, and his anxiety spurred him to irrationality, the calm collected logic of his friend was enough to bring him back to center himself. "You are...correct on all accounts." He stared at a wall of absolutely nothing, words sinking in. She was right, she was always correct or close to it...her judgement had always been sound, why would it be something to doubt now? "If he released neurotoxin into the ship, he would cause massive death counts, resulting in the ship to cease being functional at maximum capacity, if at all." His voice stalled for a moment, brain processing the next line of thought to leave his lips. "I had forgotten you could encompass my body with your own, it is strange to consider...but I would prefer that to a death by neurotoxic gas." At her reminder of if he brought his respirator a slow breath escaped him, head nodding slightly. "I have brought my respirator, it is essential equipment for handling certain xenobiological entities...I am sorry I panicked. I should not have done that." He paused for a moment, the last comment failing to register with his mind. "I would not look good in a box. Boxes are meant for transportation and moving of inorganic substance and material. Boxes do not get used to store people."
Osuka Osuka

F262436A-BF3E-4BA2-8D1A-1BBF1595C16B.jpeg
Anton Kästner
He then began putting his helmet back on as the person now identified as ‘Lautrec’ began speaking, talking about the Captain’s next course of action in order to calm down the crew members on the ship, saying some ideas to the captain to use to keep the crew calm. Then he saw Lautrec turn to face him, standing professionally before beginning to speak to him. He started by saying that the Security Division members should not be as tense or very restrictive to the crew, something he was already planning on informing his colleagues, before the man continued speaking about he could offer some assistance in this by monitoring the crew and informing him of any situation currently going on that is out of any Security guards view. He nodded before saying
“I would appreciate the help considering the crew would not be in the best of mental health considering that we are stranded out here on the other side of the rift...... but for now I need a bloody 1-hour break considering the fact that I am still pissed off at what the captain did and the fact that I may not be able to go back to my parents in Berlin.... which is gonna break me down even more if I do not at least rest a bit..... even if it’s for a few hours...... after all, this may be my finale break until a few days or even a week later.” He would sigh as he began to leave the room to go to the armory to take off his armor and into his civilian clothing, but then he remembered something and turned around to Lautrec and said “if you manage to find a situation going on in my hour long break, contact the closest security personal and try to contact me as well, so that I will be able to inform them on what is the best solution to that problem by working on the sidelines on the Security Division’s radio...... goodbye and have a great day....” as he finally exited the door and started walking towards the armory to change and finally get some peace to calm down, after all, having the Chief of Security mentally breakdown would send a bad example to the crew members of Frontiers Light.
Osuka Osuka

36530A67-4A53-46FC-A6E9-9B02C2ED267D.jpeg
Dr. Phosphorus
After reaching the lab, his walk not being interrupted due to most of the crew panicking from something, he finally enters to see it empty of any signs of life inside. He sigh as he walked around, the floor having multiple lab equipment that are either broken or not..... doing his best to walk around it. He continues as he stops and slowly reaches towards the floor and picks up a beaker on the floor which did not break after the ship exiting the rift, he looked at it for a bit before placing on a nearby table and continuing to looking around the room for anyone inside, still not finding any signs of life here as it seems everyone inside may have left in a hurry when the ship shake from exiting the ship. He began to look for the canisters to use in order to replace his already filled canisters of Scoanor since it will be a big problem if he does not replace them a soon as possible. He began checking some cabinets for the same type of canisters as the ones on the top part of his chest which glowed blue, but after some time, he still had difficulty trying to find the same type of canister here.... wondering where it could be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back