• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Beast Boy and Raven (Closed)

Garfield looked around and smiled. “The greatest Jump City heroes!” He said in addition to Starfire’s cheerful expression. Of course Rachel insisted on being the voice of reason and trying to tell them the obvious.

“Duh we’re gonna be better! We’re gonna be so good the Justice League is gonna look like Titans East.” Gar boasted. His initial plan was to hop on the couch and work on making himself home but he was grabbed by Rae who the both of them were pulled by Kory.

It was often that he forgot about Starfire’s insane strength. Once they reached her room Garfield didn’t let go of Rachel’s hand but looked around. He pointed to the curtain that was partially chewed and started thinking aloud. “Wait did you do that or was that Silkie? Wait what happened to Silkie anyways?”

He remembered the pink worm like creature and knew that Starfire would’ve done something with him in the very least. Maybe she took him back to her home world or maybe something worse…

Starfire’s sat up in her bed and looked at the curtains. “Silkie loved those curtains. I think the color reminded of his cocoon. It was the hardest thing to say goodbye.”

Rachel never really had much of a relationship with the overgrown bug, but she did know how much it meant to Star and Beast Boy. She must have been devastated when it died. “I’m sorry,” she said quietly.

Starfire looked from the curtain to her friends, her expression brightening. “Now that we’re here, he can live with us again! I’ll write to my K’norfka right away.” She bolted off her bed and burrowed into her closet, presumably looking for paper and a writing utensil.

Rachel sighed in relief. So it wasn’t dead, then, but it had been years. Was that thing still a larva? And also Rachel still hadn’t decided if she was staying here. “Uhh Star? Do you think it’s a good idea to get a pet right now?”

Starfire appeared from her closet with a long pink scroll-like paper and a black pen. “Silkie isn’t a pet! He’s family. And I never should have left him on Tamaran. And so, I shall begin my letter with the poem of apology, all 27 verses. I will then commence with the formal request for Silkie’s return.” She flew over to her vanity and began to write furiously but in tidy curvy handwriting.

Garfield immediately felt bad for even bringing up the little bugger’s name, unsure if he was making nostalgic matters worse. He squeezed Rachel’s hand a little and nodded with her. “I didn’t know Star…” Gar’s apology was immediately dismissed as they were informed about the insect’s whereabouts.

“K’norf what? He’s not dead?” Gar threw his free hand up, now remembering the insane misinterpretations they had from Starfire’s wordings. Now that it was clear everything was alright and Starfire had things to do, he looked towards Rachel.

“You wanna go and look at our rooms?” Garfield asked. Of course he was glad to see some things new and some things old in the Tower, but overall it felt great to be back home.

While they were in the hallway on the way to their rooms, Garfield bumped his hips with Rachel’s. “So how ya feeling? Isn’t it awesome? We don’t have to worry bout anyone getting hurt or anyone attacking the places around us anymore.” He explained. Thankfully their rooms were right next to each other’s so there wasn’t a whose room to go to first discussion.

Rachel certainly wasn’t going to stand there waiting for 27 verses to be written out, so she nodded and followed him out of the room.

She got lost in her mind as they walked down the long corridor, passing Robin’s old room and a guest room that had only been occupied once. She couldn’t understand why being back in the T was psyching her out so much. This is what she had dreamed about, right? A step towards the end goal? The thoughts almost drowned out what Gar had said, and it took her a moment to answer.

“It’s a big step, coming back here,” Rachel said finally, not looking at him. “Not just for us, but for the city itself. And we’re down a few members. I don’t know.”

She stopped walking as they were coming up on both of their rooms, his first and her just a little bit further down, door in sight. “I don’t know if I’m ready to say goodbye to Rachel just yet.”

The bookstore, the apartment, the regular life. It was monotonous, lonely, and boring. But was it really all that bad? “Are you going to miss it? Being normal?” She asked.

Garfield figured Rachel wouldn’t be ask pumped up about it as he and Starfire were. Of course it was like that even before but he knew it was important to be there for her now than they were older, and now that he knew better.

Gar stopped from going into his room and stood in front of Rachel. “Y’know you don’t hafta stop being Rachel. I don’t want you to, the others probably wouldn’t want you to and I know you don’t want to.”

He took both of her hands and locked eyes with her. “It was cool being normal but the best part of being normal was being normal with you. Aaaand if you’re okay with it I still wanna do normal things with you even though we’re heroes again.” Garfield was trying his best to remain sincere and serious and express himself to her.

Garfield gave a classic smile that seemed even more reminiscent due to the current location they were in. “So whadda ya say? You wanna be normal with me still Rae?”

Rachel looked at him and again was reminded how much she had missed him. He had always been a calming presence for her…when he wasn’t being annoying or infuriating. There’s a reason she often chose the living room to read her book instead of in the quiet of her room or even on the roof. As the familiar boyish grin appeared on his face, she couldn’t help but be comforted by it.

She grinned back at him. “Sure. I think I can squeeze you into my busy superhero schedule.” Rachel reached up and gave a quick kiss on the lips before disappearing and appearing again in front of her own door. She looked down the hall at him and gave a small wave before entering her room.

As expected, her room was just as she had left it, with the exception of the expansion and identical tv screen to that in Starfire’s room. The expansion included more bookshelves, which made her excited to add to her collection. She ran her fingers along the books that were left behind, all dusty and unused for three years. All of it was there, the artifacts, the candles, meditative stones, etc, with her circular bed on the far wall, bed post matching her signature cloak. It was dark and gloomy, statue raven-bird eyes watching her every move.

“I really should consider redecorating,” she said. Doom and gloom was her comfort zone back then, but now it was missing something. She looked at the curtains on the side, hiding the window that was never once looked out of. Her hand swiped to the side and the curtains pulled aside, revealing the setting sun and night sky starting to emerge. The view from there of the city was beautiful, and she thought maybe she’d like to see it a bit more often. As much as she had like the little home she and Gar had, it didn’t have this view.

“I’m home,” she said to herself. “Yeah. That sounds right.”

Garfield was glad to have made her feel better in anyway and that feeling only grew more with the addition of a kiss. He watched her disappear before his very eyes and waved back, not expecting it but knowing she needed the time alone. Not that he hated it but there was no reason to not explore his own new/old room.

Gar entered and there were three noticeable changes in his room compared to before. His bunk bed was now just a singular, queen size bed. There was now a mounted television on the wall in his room for whatever reason, and finally his ladder had been repurposed into a cat tree with a bed.

He immediately ran over to his small bookshelf and gasped to see his comics all there and untouched. “Whoa is the Avengers #19 still here?” Garfield flipped through the dusty pages and found his soda stain that he made all those years ago. He inhaled and sighed in relief. “Ahhhh grape flavor…”

Garfield put the comic back and flew up to the top of the cat tree as a mushu, getting comfortable in the green fabric. It was good to be back, no it was great to be home again. The day was much too tiring for even him to get back up and tell everyone goodnight. Even better he had a night of sleep without a dream in sight.

The next morning he stretched out and fell off the bed. Luckily he turned into a cat and landed on his feet. It was nice to be able to be any animal he wanted as he pranced through the hall as he yawned. Garfield called out to the living room unsure of anyone’s current status. “Hello? Guys?”

In response, a large bang sounded from the kitchen. "There!" Starfire held up a green jello-like substance up on a dish. Something pink rested in the middle of it, and no matter how much she moved the jello, the pink substance stayed in place.

"Good morning friend! You came just in time to have the first bite of the Glorrk. I made it fresh this morning in celebration of our homecoming," She explained, bringing the whole jello over to him with a spoon.

Rachel had been awakened by the loud bang in the kitchen, and her mind instantly went to danger. Her night was uneventful, no dreams or visions. She had read a chapter of a book she forgot she owned and went right to sleep. What people say is true, there really is no place like home. However, it would take some getting used to, being awoken by emergencies again.

She threw on her cloak and leotard and portaled into the living room. "What happened?" It became instantly clear that there wasn't any danger, unless if you consider Starfire's Glorrk dangerous, which actually isn't too far off.

"Rachel! There is plenty of Glorrk to go around, but I did promise Garfielf can have the first bite," Starfire beamed. Rachel raised an eyebrow at him. Nope, there was no getting him out of this one, and she sure wasn't going to join in.

"Actually, it's all yours Gar. I think I'll just stick to tea today," Rachel replied, grinning at him.

Meanwhile, miles away at the old Jump City Stadium, the ground started to tremor.

Garfield the cat, ironic, nearly jumped to the ceiling when the loud noise sounded off. When Starfire approached him he turned back into his human self and recoiled slightly at the stuff gelatin. It reminded him of a green Plasmus.

“Oh man…how’d you know I love Glorrk?” He tried to be as respectful as possible while leaning back from the dish. He didn’t miss the Tamaranean dishes Kory often made when it was her turn to cook but at least she was thoughtful enough to make sure it contained no meat. Or do he hoped…

When Rachel entered the scene he looked over at her for some help and screamed with only his eyes. Gar narrowed his eyes at Rae, shooting daggers before grabbing the form from Starfire. “Thanks..” he poked the mold and it moved mere twice before halting immediately. He shuttered and scooped some into his mouth.

“Aw dude this stuff is awf-.. Awesome! This is awesome Star I think you should have some Rae. Unless you think it’s gross or something.” He blackmailed his friend as he brought the plate closer to Rachel. There was no way he’d let her get out of this so easily.

Rachel had edged her way over to the Glorrk-covered kitchen, avoiding it as much as possible to make her tea, fully believing she had avoided the disgusting dish.

When it was all of a sudden in her face again thanks to Gar, she was not expecting it and nearly gagged at the stench. The eye daggers were returned ten-fold, revenge plots already being jotted down in her mind. If he didn’t enjoy eating it, she certainly wasn’t going to.

“Oh yes! Please enjoy, Rachel. There is plenty for all of us to share,” Starfire agreed eagerly.

“Great,” Rachel replied sourly. She took the tiniest spoonful and, before she could further wonder what that pink stuff was inside, she shoved it in her mouth.

“Mmm.” She tried to make a yummy sound, but it sounded more like she was recovering from a punch to the gut. Whatever that pink was, it was very chewy, and paired with the rotting fungus flavor of the green made a gruesome combination.

“It’s so fulling, I don’t think I can take another bite,” Rachel said when she could be sure opening her mouth was safe from vomiting.

Relief from the Glorrk came with the sound of the Crime Alert blasting throughout the tower. The big screen turned on and showed the old stadium currently caving in on itself. The dust from the rubble denied the viewers from seeing what the cause could be.

“Looks like Cyborg updated the crime alert too,” Rachel said, impressed.

“I shall Refrigerate the Glorrk for later,” Starfire said, hyped by the nostalgia of the alarm.

“Here goes nothing,” Rachel pulled her hood up. “Don’t worry, I’ll get you later for that, Ninja Turtle,” she added in a whisper to Gar before Star came back.

Garfield smiled and waved the plate in front of her in circles. “Yeah, plenty for everyone.” He goaded Rachel while setting the gelatinous meal down.

He leaned on his hands with his chin in palm, elbows on the countertop to watch. Gar held in laughter when the food touched her tongue and she swallowed without chewing. Even though it was painful to eat, Glorrk was much better watching someone else go through the same struggle.

Garfield jumped a little at the alarm and made sure he had his suit on, which was the only thing he was wearing. He made a small mental note to get to the refrigerator before Starfire on their way back before chuckling.

“In your dreams Negasonic.” Gar teased before they flew out the building, him becoming a stylish falcon to glide next to Rachel.

In the distance he could see the stadium and spoke up to Rachel, who he thought would have an answer. “Is this some bad guy thing or is the whole stadium like falling apart on itself?” Garfield didn’t know if it was possible but there wasn’t any evidence he knew of that would suggest otherwise.

Rachel frowned as they came upon the old Stadium. She couldn't remember a time it was actually used for anything other than battles between heroes and villains. It must have been made for football, soccer, some other stadium sport, but with the new indoor stadium on the other side of the city, this one was quickly abandoned. It was a good thing it was abandoned today, for as they arrived, the whole thing looked as if it were caving in on itself. The sides were lifting up in the air to form an acute angle, the middle unable to be seen from afar. It could be due to a sinkhole or maybe even an earthquake, but Rachel sensed there might be something else happening here.

"It could be natural," Rachel responded hesitantly. She closed her eyes for a moment to focus, but opened them quickly and looked to her teammates.

"There's someone down there. Could be more," she said before reaching her hands out to move chunks of earth aside. Starfire flew over to one of the lifting sides and pushed on it to bring it back down. Rachel couldn't see the person down there, but whoever they were didn't have long with the way this stadium was sinking. As it turns out, that wasn't their only problem.

Rachel felt an intense pain on the back of her head, and turned around just to see a rock falling to the ground beside her. She searched for the source of the rock and couldn't believe her eyes at what she found.

Another larger rock came her way and she just managed to duck out of the way, her senses slow thanks to the shock. "That's impossible," Rachel said in disbelief. Rachel's shaky voice cause Starfire to look up from the stadium wall as well.

"You are alive?" Starfire asked.

In reply, a barrage of earth lifted in the air and shot towards the heroes. The source stood on a large boulder hovering just above the stadium. Her once long blond hair was cut short in a pixie cut, not reaching her tan and brown jumpsuit. A small brown mask outlined her eyes, but it did nothing to hide the identity of their long-lost friend.

"Hello Titans," She said with a wide cruel smile. "Word on the street is you're back. Allow me to be the first to welcome you home." Her welcome came in the form of the giant boulder she stood on kicked from her feet and volted right towards them.

Garfield had never experienced natural disasters that weren’t at the hand of villains before, or at least none he could remember. Usually destruction of city property was either the bad dudes or them, for justice of course.

When they arrived at the stadium Garfield turned into a brontosaurus 🦕, pushing into the wall with his weight to help Starfire the best he could. “Geez Star you wanna help a little?” He joked.

When Rachel was hit upside the head he turned over and stomped towards her, shrinking down to himself. “What the heck was that?” When the next rock flew by Gar ducked and turned back to see Terra standing before them.

“Terra?! What happened? I thought you were at school or something?” Garfield said stepping forwards in hopes to reason with her. There was no way he could forget her even if he and Rachel were together now. They could always be friends right?

Terra’s smile disappeared as if he had hit a nerve. “As if you don’t know. I had to drop out because of you!” She raised her hand in a scooping motion and spikes popped up from the ground.

Rachel shook herself out of her shock, replacing it with determination. Terra wasn’t the person she sensed below the stadium. There were people down there and they needed to be saved. Emotions are pointless here.

Rachel teleported next to Starfire and protected her from the spikes. “Starfire, save the hostages. Beast Boy and I will stop Terra,” she told her, shaking her out of it. Starfire shook her head, obviously bothered, but managed to lift herself in the air again and then down into the sloping stadium.

“Stand down, Terra. This is your only chance,” Rachel said, hands glowing in preparation.

Terra yawned in reply and picked a pebble out of her ear. “Sorry, your voice is so boring I almost fell asleep. Who are you again? Were you even a Titan or did you just show up for the free cable?”

“Fine. Niceties over,” Rachel said, lifting the rubble around her and aiming for Terra. While she dodged, Rachel flew closer to the target as her soul self. The giant Raven reached its claw out to grab Terra, but Terra created a gravel ball and chain around the claw and pulled it down with its weight.

She turned to the Beast Boy and created a giant fist and punched towards him.

Now Garfield was truly confused when the blonde girl mentioned something about being expelled. He jumped up, transforming into an osprey. Normally this would be a done deal for the Titans but Gar was clearly conflicted about our right fighting this “villain”.

The plan sounded fairly safe except the stopping Terra part. If she remembered them then surely he could make her remember the good times and the good she had done with them?

Beast Boy was uneasy but landed next to Raven as a gorilla, preparing. He couldn’t even comment on the insults throw towards his team member, mind racing to figure out some ways to talk Terra down.

He wasn’t paying much attention while jogging his own memory then a giant fist quickly made him snap out of it. Suddenly Beastie turned into a Smaug sized dragon and caught the fist, sliding back with the force of the punch.

“Terra wait, you don’t have fight us. You saved the whole city remember? You can still come back you just have to stop destroying the city!” Beast Boy urged as he used his strength to push the rock into the ground.

Terra used her energy to push the fist further in the direction of the dragon. "I...am...saving the city...from you!" she grunted as she fought.

Rachel escaped from her trap just as Terra let go of the rock fist and threw black discs at her. Terra covered her face with her arms as she got hit and momentarily lost focus. "Saving the city doesn't involve destroying it, but you always made that mistake, didn't you?" Rachel scolded, her hurt being replaced by bitterness. Terra pulled up a wall to shield her face.

"You don't know the first thing about me. I don't make mistakes." Terra shoved the wall in Rachel's direction, but she was prepared this time, phasing right through it. Terra looked surprised by this, but surprise quickly turned to anger and she sent another barrage of rocks at her. Rachel was growing heated as well, fed up with Terra's twisted views. The demon inside of her was stirring, itching to get out. Their powers clashed in the sky, Rock against magic, gravel raining down beneath them.

"How many chances are we supposed to give you, Terra, before we finally give up on your friendship and treat you like the villain you keep wanting to be?" Rachel asked. They had come closer to each other now, to the point where they could have just foregone the powers and fistfight in the sky. Neither were willing to let up though, or give the other space to breath.

"You never gave me a chance, and I was never your friend!"

Two more eyes popped open on Rachel's face, her control being replaced with anger. The rocks turned to Rachel's side, no longer listening to Terra's will, and pelted her left and right. Terra retreated and put one hand to her ear, saying something that was drowned out by the sound of crashing earth. In an old reflex, she looked over at Beast Boy, fear etched on her face, but then turned and took off in the other direction.

Beast Boy watched the giant fist crumble into regular rocks and dirt when Terra’s attention turned to Raven. “But we’re the good guys, we can still work together!”

He prepared to rush in with Raven but when they began to clash, the flying rocks started tumbling off towards other buildings, cars, and people.

Swiftly the large dragon became a more shifty, smaller Toothless and flew from rock to rock. If the piece of earth was small enough he’d incinerate it but the larger ones he was forced to bat away with his hands or tail.

“Hey guys!” Beast Boy was hoping to get their attention so they would stop themselves. Of course he wouldn’t try and reason with any other villain fighting but to him this was like two friends arguing to him.

Garfield caught a glimpse of Terra and frowned at the familiar look in her eyes. He zipped in front of Rachel and spread his wings. “Rae, calm down! Didn’t you see she was scared. We can still help.” He attempted to calm down his partner.

Gar watched Terra run past a building and turn a corner so he popped into himself and ran behind her. “Hurry before we lose her!” He motioned Rachel to follow him.

When he turned the corner to the alleyway, he was hit in the diaphragm with the hilt of a sword. Garfield felt the air leave his lungs , grabbing at his chest before being taken to the ground by an unknown figure.

As a boot stepped on his back, Beast Boy could feel cold metal press gently against the back of his neck. “Be easy with him” He heard Terra’s voice say as the attacker finally spoke. “You mean to say you harbor feelings towards this one still?”

Terra hesitated but shook her head. “No sir. I just-I just figured that when his friends come they may not listen to our demands if he’s too hurt.” She reasoned which made Deathstroke nod approvingly. “Very good.”

“Thank you Deathstroke.”

When Rachel and Starfire came around the corner Deathstroke pointed his second sword at them to stop. “Not a step closer or we’ll see if he bleeds green too.” He pressed a little harder on Beast Boy’s neck and he stiffened up.

Garfield yelled out in his mind in hopes Rachel could hear him. “It’s fine, I’m okay just do what he says…”

“First things first, you can portal the alien away.” The assassin demanded with expected backlash. She was too fast and too strong even for him but luckily they had leverage. “Do you think this is a game little girl?” He questioned Starfire. With a swift move Garfield had a small cut on his cheek that a single red drop fell from, making Terra look away.

“We’ll what do you know, it’s red.” Deathstroke said before watching Starfire be portaled off. “Now that it’s two on two. You’re going to let us go or we can see how much more blood he has in him together.”

“Don’t do it Rae, Terra you gotta do something! You have to choose a side!” Garfield stressed as Deathstroke pressed into his neck, forcing the blade a few millimeters into his neck making the hero wince. “Quiet. Now what will it be?” Deathstroke was all too familiar with the impact Beast Boy’s words and emotions could have on Terra and that was not something he wanted.

Rachel did not hear Gar until he was his dragon self in front of her. She gasped and quick blinked away her extra eyes, immediately ashamed of her lack of control. The remaining rocks were lowered to the ground, giving Rachel the view of Terra running just out of view around a building. Before she could go after Gar and Terra, she heard Starfire call for her.

“Raven, I need assistance!” Starfire said from down below. She had found the trapped people in the stadium and was carrying them out, four of them. Rachel cleared the rest of the path out for Starfire and the civilians, and together they dropped the people off outside the stadium on the road.

“They went this way, hurry.” Rachel took off, concerned about the amount of time she left Gar alone with Terra. She was right to be worried. Rounding the corner, Star and Raven came upon their friend detained by an assailant in the shadows. Starfire stepped forward as if to fight, by Rachel held her back.

Rachel stared at Gar, searching his mind for an explanation. She didn’t get one, but she did hear him thinking very loudly about doing what he said.

“You can not make me leave my friend,” Star roared, her fists flaring. The green light just outlined the assassin’s face. It was hard to see, but an idea popped into her head as to who it was. It didn’t make sense, though. He, too, was supposed to be dead, and so she couldn’t yet be sure she was right. Either way, she knew better than to risk Gar’s life. Silently, Rachel opened a portal beside Starfire.

“I will not go!” Star said sternly. The blood from Gar’s cheek cause Rachel broke her stare and look to her friend in the eye. Before Star can further protest, Rachel pulled the portal to her and quickly closed it before she could jump back out of it.

Rachel turned to the man in the shadows, still yet to speak a word. Her brain was going a mile a minute trying to figure out a way to save Gar. It seemed that this man didn’t want him speaking to Terra, which Rachel could understand why given their history.

Her eyes landed on Terra, and Gar was right, she was obviously afraid. That was always her problem, being so afraid that she would lose control and make mistakes. Rachel would not be like that, not on Gar’s life.

“You’re ok with this? This is the thanks he gets for trying time and time again to help you?” Rachel asked Terra quietly.

Terra looked confused for a moment, and though she hid it with a malicious smile, her shaky voice gave her feelings away. “It’s not my fault he likes me more than you.”

It was meant to be a jab to make Rachel lose control again, but she wouldn’t fall for it this time. Rachel closed her eyes for a second, then opened them again at Deathstroke, strong and determined.

“Go, but it won’t matter. We will find you and stop whatever it is you are planning.” And with that, she stepped aside so they can pass.

Deathstroke held back an evil cackle at his sidekick’s insult and instead sheathed the sword he had pointed at Raven. The one a hair deep in Beast Boy’s neck remained stationary.

“I guess you’ll find out soon enough Raven…” He said before smoke filled the alley. Terra took one last glimpse at Beast Boy and the two villains escaped before the smoke could clear.

Garfield got up and rubbed his neck, not being able to look Rachel in the eyes. “I-I’m sorry Rae. I messed stuff up again..” He sat down on the ground and rested his elbows on his knees, a scene similar to the first day they reunited.

“Just so you know I so don’t like her more than you, but she’s still our friend…I think we can change her if we beat that Deathstroke dude.” Gar touched his cheek and then his chest. “That dude is like a evil Batman or something…” He mentioned while thinking of how he was ambushed.

Rachel rushed to Garfield’s side as soon as the smoke cleared. When he sat down, she sat down in front of him, looking him over for injuries.

“There was nothing you could have done differently, it was two against one, and he had the advantage,” Rachel said firmly. She reached her hand to touch and heal his cheek. When her hand moved away, all sign of injury was gone.

“Lucky for you, I do in fact know that you’re fond of me, otherwise this might have gone a whole lot differently,” Rachel said with a small smile. “She did get to me today though, I wasn’t prepared. I will be from now on, now that we know what we are dealing with.”

It was her turn to look away, but she looked at the shadows Deathstroke had just moments ago been hiding. “Or I guess we only know some of what we’re dealing with. That was no Batman, Gar. I think- I think it might have been-“

“Raven! Beast Boy!” From a distance they heard Starfire’s voice. Rachel looked up in the sky to see if she can get a glimpse of her. A second later she appeared and zoomed down to meet then. “You are unharmed? What happened?”

Gar was grateful Rachel was even more level headed and fair than before, showing that even she had matured past the old her. Well, at least one of them matured some.

When Starfire called out to them, Garfield used his hand to block the sun only for her to appear in front of them instantaneously. “Yeah we’re good Star. Sorry about that stuff.” He said in reference to the situation he put them in.

Of course she was more glad that they were in good health so he smiled it off. “Can you portal us home Rae, I don’t really feel like flying.” That was certainly the plus of Raven’s powers getting better over the years.

“I bet if we can figure out who this Deathstroke dude is we can figure out what he’s gonna do next. Maybe some other hero knows him!” Garfield was determined to figure this thing out so they could save their friend.

Rachel did as he asked, creating a portal that led them right into the living room of Titan Tower. She helped Gar up and all three of them walked through together.

"You said his name was Deathstroke?' Starfire asked, having not heard the conversation past her departure from the fight. "When I was with Nightwing, he talked about a Deathstroke in Gotham. Why would he be here?"

"The same reason all the other recent villains have been popping up," Rachel shrugged. "But I think here's a little bit more to this one."

She motioned for them to sit on the sofa and discuss what they had just witnessed. Now that the battle was over, they had a lot of thoughts to work through. "I caught a glimpse of him when we were talking. A mask covered his whole face, but the design was similar. His voice is more raspy now, but I recognized that too. I think Deathstroke is Slade."

Starfire blinked a few times, then stood up, taking out her phone. "I'm calling Nightwing." And with that she left the room.

"I know it doesn't make sense," Rachel admitted. "He's supposed to be dead."

Garfield nodded, flopping down on the couch. “Yeah that’s what Terra said I think…” It was brand new to him that Nightwing had been back in touch with Batman but he supposed Batman was so cool Nightwing eventually forgave him.

Gar sat up and he his eyes showed how shocked he was. “No way! I thought he got burnt or whatever? Now he’s super strong?”

He stood to his feet and started talked spastically. “Wait so everyone we thought was dead is alive? He tried to turn Robin against us you member? There’s no way we can let him get away with that!”

Garfield’s hands moved wildly around him as he talked. “We gotta find him and Terra before he tries to do something to us again…”

Rachel rubbed her arm reflexively. “I remember he did more than blackmail Robin,” she said, remembering the message he once was sent to deliver to her.

She stood up and touched Gar’s shoulder. “Calm down. Only after we think this through can we find him and Terra.” Rachel let go and crossed her arms, focusing real hard on what she saw of Deathstroke.

“I would have sensed if he had runes on him, so whatever revived him had no strings attached. That takes out demonic powers. You said he was stronger this time, and now he apparently enjoys swords, but other than that we don’t have any reason to believe he is anything more than a man,” Rachel thought out loud.

“As for Terra, we know she has a history of of following his orders because he trained her to control her powers. This time, though, I think she actually believes she’s doing good for the city and that we’re the bad guys.” She thought of how Terra acted as if she didn’t know Rachel. Rachel thought she was just being rude, but after her reactions to her powers, “I don’t think Terra was 100% lying when she said she didn’t know me. I think she might have actually not known, save for what Slade told her. If that’s the case, it will be a lot harder this time to make her see reason.”

Rachel did not mention that she didn’t think Terra could necessarily be saved. Not by them. She knew Gar wouldn’t want to hear that.

Garfield came to a halt when Rachel touched his shoulder. He wasn’t prepared to just wait and think. He was ready to take action!

“Well what do we think about Rachel? I dunno I’d rather go find him and beat him up.” The first time he was ambushed but this time he would certainly be ready. Innocent lives depended on him to be a real hero. Not to mention Terra most likely did as well.

Gar did his best to follow along with what Rachel was saying without interrupting or being rude. Once she finished he tilted his head with confusion. “Uhh that doesn’t make sense because she didn’t remember me before so how come she does now?”

He walked around and looked out the giant window before him, staring at the water below. “What if he brainwashed her or something?! Wait no you already said that kinda…Ok I think you’re right, but what do we do? How do we find him? Do you think Robin knows?”

Garfield wasn’t ready to relax until he knew either his friend was safe or there was a way to help her. He’s so the same for any of his friends and the ones who were evil due to misguidance weren’t excluded.

After she finished his stomach rumbled loudly and Garfield looked down rubbing his abdomen. “Maybe we can do that after I get some snacks.” He chuckled embarrassment slapped across his face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back