• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Beast Boy and Raven (Closed)

Rachel rolled her eyes at his flex, but nodded her head at his next suggestion. “Pizza sounds perfect,” she agreed as she made a portal straight into their living room.

As she walked through her portal, she thought about his question. “Jump City is certainly starting to think so. They weren’t mad about us fighting for them today, that’s for sure.” She looked to her shoulder and patted the little dragon’s head. “I guess we do make a pretty good team. Don’t let it get to your head, though.” At that, she nudged him off her shoulder

“Now go. I’ll place the pizza order, you take your suit off and get the fabric paint,” Rachel said, taking her phone out from a pocket dimension.

Once the pizza was ordered, Rachel rolled out a paint-stained sheet across the counter. They had used it when they painted the house, luckily she kept it for the next project.

Garfield embraced her hand until it made her fall down. He put his arms behind his head, floating back and forth like a feather until landing softly on the floor. “You know I got too much Rae Rae in my brain to fit anything else.” He admitted.

When she shooed him away he flew up the stairs, still in reclined Mushu position all the way to his room. Garfield went in his room to take off the suit and put on black shorts, a purple shirt that had picture of Vegeta on it, along with a black beanie, and some socks.

After he finished he quickly grabbed his paints before jogging back down the stairs to Rachel. He put the red on the table and slapped his suit down next to it. “Sweet! Are you gonna use your magic or should we do it together?” He offered taking out his smaller brushes.

“It’s your costume. You take the lead,” Rachel replied with a grin, picking up a brush for herself.

They were making quick work of the paint job and were nearly done with the second coat when there was a knock at the door.

“That must be the pizza,” Rachel assumed, setting the brush down. Just in case the pizza guy was looking through the window, Rachel walked towards the door.

She was nearly there when the door suddenly fell off its hinges, falling flat on the floor. Rachel reflexively got in a battle stance, but ultimately didn’t need to, because it was her friend behind the fallen door.

Kory’s eyes glowed a fierce green to match the expression on her face. “Kuinka he saattoivat irtisanoa minut ilman syytra! Syrjjinta! Rohkeutta!!” She stormed into the house and kicked the couch over.

“Uhm. Come in,” Rachel said, waving her hand to put the door back on its hinges.

“And just like that I’m vitun ihminen? Kaikki siksi, etta punanaamainen kusipaa heittaa muutaman kiven? What a bunch of-“ Kory pulled her hand back, about to blast the TV.

Garfield was glad to have some time with Rachel that wasn’t filled with hero nonsense or any distractions. He started drawing the outline of the red that was supposed to cover the suit, making sure to be extra, extra careful so he didn’t mess up.

The knock on the door made his ears twitch but he relaxed when Rae headed over to the door. “What type of pizza did you get? I’m star-“ When the door was kicked to the floor he jumped up to his feet. The angry Tamaranian walked inside without further notice and ranted to the both of them in her native tongue.

“Star what’s the matter? Also did you see the pizza dude?” He pointed at the door. Garfield dove to the couch and quickly caught it before the piece of furniture could do further damage to something else.

Gar watched her point her hand at the television and he rolled in front of her before gently holding her wrist. “No wait! I like watching TV please don’t blow it up!” He urged while trying to collect his heart.

He raised a brow at his orange skinned friend and smiled nervously. “You wouldn’t blast your good ol pal Garfield, right?”

At first, Kory just glared at him in fury, but slowly her eyes lost their green glow and she lowered her hands, clasping them together.

“I am sorry. I was upset,” She lowered her eyes in shame. “My company caught wind of the offworlder’s attack today, and they decided to do background checks on all their employees. They saw through my fake history and fired me because I could be in the kahoots with Sinestro. But I don’t even know what a Sinestro is.”

“Good I ordered 5 pies,” Rachel said, sending that the pizza delivery man had just parked. She had learned in her time living with Gar that it was good to have leftovers, but knowing that both Kory and Gar can wolf down at least 2 pies each, she wasn’t sure there would be any slices surviving the day.

She went outside to get the pizza, not wanting the guy to see the chaos inside. As soon as the driver was gone, the boxes floated into the air and went with her back into the house.

“Food is supposed to make you feel better when your sad right? Let’s all sit down and eat, and we’ll talk this through. You’re not alone, Kory.” Rachel said. She pushed the sheet and Gar’s drying costume aside and set the pizzas on the counter. Kory went over, took a whole box, and sat down on the overturned couch. She opened the box, folded the whole pizza in half, and took a large bite out of it.

Rachel eyed Gar and nodded at Kory. Cheer her up. Tell one of those stupid jokes you always say, Rachel transported into his mind before grabbing a slice of pizza for herself.

Garfield exhaled and turned around, hugging the television gently. “It’s okay Gar’s here” He stood up and looked at the couch. It seemed that it was unharmed, which was good, but was ready for more outburst.

“Oh yeah that Sinestro dude was bad news but we took care of him. If he comes back we’ll let you blast him instead of our TV!” Gar said while walking over to the counter. The smell of the pizza was near intoxicating to him before it even came through the doors.

Garfield let Starfire take her pizza before sliding four slices onto his own plate. He was about to take a bit before seeing Rachel’s motions. He narrowed his eyes at her and spoke back mentally. My jokes aren’t stupid, they’re hilarious.

Gar went to take his plate to sit with Kory but his foot snagged on part of the rug she accidentally scrunched up in her rage. He landed in front of her on his back as a slice of pizza hit his eyes. He reached up grabbing her arm, dramatically yelling out. “Ahh! What happened? Give it to me straight Star! How long am I gonna be blind!?” He cried out while gripping her arm.

Rachel facepalmed as Kory stared at him, eyes unblinking. "I do not understand, why do you not take the pizza off your eyes so you can see?" It wasn't a laugh, but the confusion overtook her despair, and she calmed down a bit.

"I think what Gar is trying to say," Rachel said, using her magic to lift Gar back up on his feet and his pizza back on his plate. "Is maybe a company that judges you based off your past is not one worth getting upset over."

Kory lowered her pizza and sighed. "It is not just my job, but my apartment, my clients, even my local grocery store. My cover is blown and just like that I lost my home..again. I am tired of starting my life over and over."

Rachel moved to the couch and sat next to her, and she surprised even herself when she said, "Then don't. Don't start over. Forget the disguises and just be you, Starfire."

She looked over at Gar. "The people I saved today, they were happy to see us fight for them. They wanted our help. I think we can change their minds about us, and you too Star." Kory didn't look too sure, but she was listening.

"And if they like us again, why hide?" Rachel shrugged. "Our covers kind of blow anyway."

Garfield shrugged his shoulders at his failed attempt and licked the sauce off of his face when Rachel picked him back it. Being magicked on felt weird but in a cool way. He stuffed a slice into his mouth and nodded along with Starfire’s explanation for her frustration.

It was a small thought that popped into his mind that this was majority of the things he went through but he wasn’t self centered enough to bring that up. Beast needed to take a chill pill. “Yeah, we’re here for you no matter if you’re Kory or Star.” Gar reminded her.

While Rachel continued, Garfield devoured his remaining three pieces in order to speak his part as well. “We don’t need to hide cuz we’re the Titans! Or should it be like Titans 2? Super Awesome Hero Trio!?” He rubbed his chin in deep thought before a lightbulb went off in his mind. “Oo oo! What about The Prime Titans!”

Garfield was suddenly a mushu who’s feet danced in the air, while fighting imaginary villains. “With the three of us no one can stop us! We’ll beat and bad dude who tries to hurt Jump City’s peoples!” He zipped behind them to stand on their shoulders, one foot of Starfire’s and one foot on Rachel’s.

“Let’s not get ahead of ourselves,” Rachel said, but Kory couldn’t help but giggle at the little dragon and pet his head.

“That does sound wonderful, and Rob-I mean Nightwing said something similar,” Kory said hesitantly. “I do not know if I will be so easily welcomed back. Today proved that not all are so happy to do so.”

Rachel lifted the mushu by the tail and placed him on the end table. “You don’t have to decide now. Just think about it. And in the meantime you can stay here with us.”

Kory thought about it for a moment, then nodded. “I will think about it. Thank you, friends.”

Putting the conversation aside, the friends were able to enjoy their pizza and talk about other things. Kory had become her usually bubbly and optimistic self in this time, but Rachel still felt the hurt of the morning buried underneath.

“-And I told my client, don’t count your eggs before they’re chickens,” Kory said, finishing a story.

“It’s don’t count your chickens before they hatch, Kory,” Rachel corrected.

“Oh. That makes a lot more sense,” she replied.

All of a sudden, Rachel noticed that it was getting darker outside. Were they really talking for that long? Looking at the clock on the wall, it said it was 2:00PM.

“Uhm, was it supposed to rain today?” She asked, slowly getting up and walking to the window.

Garfield could feel the energy of the team literally rise before realizing it was just Rachel lifting him off of their shoulders. He was enjoying the head pats but it seemed she was ready to be more serious. Gar laid on his stomach when he was placed on the piece of furniture. “I still think Prime Titans is a awesome name.”

Garfield rolled off of the table and ate his pizza as his normal self, crossing his legs and digging in. He hadn’t experienced having another friend back and so soon and he certainly wasn’t expecting it, given what Kory originally said about being a hero with them. He supposed it would be different now, not that he was complaining.

“I always thought it was don’t put your eggs in one basket “ Gar said from a reclined position on the floor.

When Rachel mentioned the weather Garfield sat up and got to his feet. He walked beside her and peered overtop her head. “It’s Sinesto!” He pressed his face against the glass over Rae and tapped on the window. “Guys this is our chance to beat him up!”

Garfield turned to Starfire and looked very excited. “Are you with us?” His smile from ear to ear.

Kory stood up, eyes blazing once again. She wasn’t sure if she would be a hero again, but she had to pay this Sinestro guy back for ruining her life.

“He will regret coming back here!” She blasted through the roof, leaving a nice skylight that Rachel will have to repair later, but Rachel didn’t really mind. They had a villain to take down.

“Come on,” Rachel said, engulfing both of them into her soul self and flying through the window towards the danger.

Outside, the sun was covered by something up in space, while down below meteors we’re falling into the Earth’s atmosphere. The Raven dropped Rachel and Gar off on a rooftop near a busy street in Jump City.

Basketball-sized clumps of space drew closer and closer to the street. Rachel held her hands out and halted meteors in the air.

“Do you see Starfire?” Rachel asked, bringing the meteors over to them and gently piling them up on the roof.

“Sinestro’s up in space. We need to get up there and stop him from blocking out the sun. You think you can turn into a space-breathing creature?”

Garfield flinched, ducking a little when Starfire crashed through the roof. “Guess we got a new window, sweet.” He said before being sucked into Rachel’s soul. Whoa never flew without being a bird or something

Gar felt his stomach drop whenever the Raven deposited the duo onto and held onto the pizza inside. “Ugghhhh..” He groaned briefly as the effects wore off and he was ready to go again.

“Space?” It hadn’t ever been a plan to go into space but there weren’t any creatures he knew could breathe in the vacuum of space. Not anything relevant to be help fight that is. Garfield shook his head “Does monsters from Godzilla count?” He asked half joking.

To be fair he didn’t know a bunch of mythological creatures in the first place so he was at a disadvantage. Maybe he did need to spend time learning about more things to turn into. “I dunno Rae, if that don’t count then maybe I can just hold my breath?”

“You do realize that as a human the vacuum of soace will pull the air from your body and rupture your lungs, breathing or no, right?” Rachel asked. To be fair, she couldn’t think of a creature that can breathe in space either, but how would they fight Sinestro if they can’t reach him.

Up in the sky, the sun had completely disappeared behind a big sound object, save for the edges that poked out the sides, creating an eclipse. Was Starfire up there?

She had to squint, but Rachel did see a small green light in the sky heading towards the blocked Sun. “It’s up to Star now. She’s the only one that can survive up there.”

Meanwhile up in Space, Kory surged forward through the space atmosphere. What she saw was shocking to say the least. The Earth’s one moon was surrounded by a yellow light, but it wasn’t the sun as perceived from down below. A Korugarian, or Sinestro as he was being called, stood a small ways off, fist pointed out ahead of him towards the moon. Whatever this yellow light was, he was controlling it. He was moving the moon out of orbit. It wouldn’t be long before it hit the Earth.

“You will not hurt my planet!” Kory roared, hands glowing green. Sinestro jumped, obviously not expecting company, and smiled. “You look Tamaranian to me. Be gone, girl. This is not your home.”

“YES IT IS!” Kory herself at Sinestro, foregoing the starbolts, and collided into Sinestro. He lost his hold on the moon as he tried to push the Tamaranian off of him.

She punched him in the face and he flipped away from her. As he flew off, she shot starbolts his way, only one or two hitting before he recovered. Now free from Starfire’s hold, Sinestro used his ring to created a board of sorts with cuffs that wrapped around Star’s hands and feet, holding her against it.

“You are powerful, girl. You would make a great yellow lantern. Think about it while we watch your precious Earth die.” Sinestro said, turning the board and directing her attention to the moon moving on it’s own straight towards the Earth.

“No!” Star cried. Her hands were stuck, but her eyes were still free. She looked at Sinestro and blasted her eyebolts at him. Again he lost his focus on she broke free from the board. She flew up and with all her might punched him. They were close enough to the Earth that Sinestro fell into the Earth’s atmosphere and continued to fall down below. While Starfire wanted to continue to go after him, she restrained herself and instead flew to the moon to push it away from Earth and back into orbit.

“There!” Rachel called out as she saw something yellow falling from the sky.

Garfield shrugged his shoulders and groaned. “But we’re not even full humans, we can definitely live.” He disagreed wholeheartedly, turning into and eagle so that he could see better. Even then he couldn’t see Starfire and Sinestro’s fights at all.

Within a minute or two there was an object seen falling from orbit, barreling towards the rooftops. Garfield began flying towards the yellow light, waiting until he was close enough and grabbed it, transforming into a Toothless.

Gar used his body as a cushion and covered the person as they hit the ground hard, skidding across the asphalt like a stone being thrown across a river. He flipped over, ignoring the blood from his back and wings, and put on clawed foot on Sinestro’s chest, pinning his arms to his side.

“Rae come get his ring pop!!” Garfield roared out while fluttering his wings angrily. He wanted to put all of his weight on the foot pinning the villain down but decided against it when his partner arrived.

Rachel appeared beside the green dragon and grabbed Sinestro’s ring. Having learned that her magic was blocked out by the ring’s power, she simply used her hand to yank the ring off the long red finger. Sinestro was just coming to when he saw his ring in Rachel’s hand.

“That does not belong to you,” Sinestro snarled. He tried to reach for it, but the dragon foot kept him firmly in place.

“As stylish as it is, I don’t think you’ll need it ever you’re going,” Rachel replied, hiding the ring away in her cloak. As she had done so, the sky started to turn brighter. Rachel looked up and saw the moon moving away from the sun and back to its regular spot in the sky, barely visible to the now sunny day.

“It’s Starfire. She saved the planet,” Rachel said. She looked around to see civilians watching too, as well as the police cars driving their way.

Finally Starfire appeared back in the earth’s atmosphere, cautiously lowering down to the ground besides her friends. “We succeeded, yes?” Kory asked.

Garfield turned into and elephant in order to better contain Sinestro’s body. He wrapped his long trunk around the powerless man’s body so that his arms were pinned to his side. Gar noticed the sunlight coming back and was glad to know Starfire had properly did whatever it was to make it shine again.

Garfield the pachyderm smiled and waved the villain around, shaking him so Kory could see. “Yeah you did it! And we caught this dude after you knocked him out.” He explained as the police showed up with their maximum security swat team. They had two large trucks though which was confusing but only at first.

A group of officers with riot shields marched up to the Titans and spoke. “Thank you for the help heroes but we’re going to be detaining the alien from here. Along with his orange friend here.” The one who spoke used his walkie talkie antenna to point at Starfire.

Garfield raised an eyebrow and used Sinestro as his pointing tool. “What are you talking about? Starfire is our friend. She was the one who took him down in the first place!” He shook the villain to show emphasis.

Sinestro held back waves of nausea and grimaced. “Do not use me as your plaything!” He demanded.

Some of the surrounding civilians had heard what was going on and a few chimed in quite loudly. “Hey that’s no fair, she didn’t do nothing!”

“Yeah! She saved us and you pigs are trying to lock her up! What if more like him come!”

A fair amount of them began chanting and jeering the officers who were severely outnumbered. One of the men handed the sergeant a megaphone and he began speaking. “Settle down everyone! We were ordered to detain the aggressor and any accomplices but it seems we made a simple mistake. That is all!”

Garfield held Sinestro for the cops as they quickly but large blocky cuffs around his wrists and ankles, walking him to the containment vehicle. They drove off with half of the expected load and the civilains cheered for their saviors, the Titans.

Kory was expecting the reaction from the police, but she did not expect the support from the nearby civilians. As the police left and the cheers for the Titans began, Kory made her decision. Of course she would gladly be a Titan again, not because of the praise, but because all of these people were able to cheer due to her saving them from being crushed by a moon.

Rachel, on the other hand, was becoming uncomfortable by the attention. She was happy the civilians were accepting their help again, but what exactly are you supposed to do when they’re cheering? Take a bow? Give a speech?

“Can we go now?” Rachel asked. Not waiting for an answer, Rachel opened a portal beside her. “Come on Star, Elmer. We’ve got a roof to patch up.”

Starfire smiled and waved before being pulled into the portal after Rachel.

Garfield on the other hand was enjoying the people taking up for his friend and partner in justice. It made him feel like things were really turning around in terms of their impact on the city. They obviously wanted the Titans there to protect the city after the display that just took place.

Before he could properly give the citizens what they wanted, obviously him and his autograph, Rachel portaled them back into the house and he groaned. “I was just about to make some new fans Rae.” Gar explained.

He took a seat on the couch and looked up at the ceiling, staring at the hole that was made. “Dude that sucks.” He pointed to it. “You guys have fun fixing it.”

Garfield kicked his feet up and turned the TV on to a Godzilla movie. He tried his best to ignore the two women before them but Rachel stepped in front of the TV with her arms crossed.

Gar moved his head and looked her in the eyes. “Aw come oooon.. King Ghidorah was about to do something awesome.” He protested with a small piece of hope that she’d let him continue.

“We don’t do this for fans, remember?” Rachel said, rolling her eyes, but moved her focus to the gaping hole in her ceiling.

“That felt amazing!” Starfire cried, flying around the room in delight. “I did not realize how much I was holding back of myself until I just let it all go! You were right, I don’t need to hide anymore, and I don’t want to.”

“Great. As your first order of business being 100% Starfire, how about you help me patch this up?” Rachel asked, hand on her hips.

She heard the slight groan of the couch springs and looked down from the ceiling. He had already gotten himself all comfortable, watching some show on TV. Her arms crossed impatiently over her chest as she stepped in front of the screen.

“You’re helping.” Rachel said, tapping her foot. “This is your home too, and now that Star is staying here we have to make some room for her.”

“Oh We can’t possibly stay here!” Starfire said, flying over to the front of the screen too. “Now that we are the heroes again, we have to live like it. This place will be a target for villains, and think about our neighbors who will be stuck right in the middle of it!”

Rachel frowned. “That’s…a fair point. But we just got this place. And where would we go?”

Garfield had a small bit of room on the outside of Rachel’s cloak that showed the scene of the movie that he wanted to see. Of course as soon as he leaned to look around her, Starfire flew into the picture.

He sighed and sunk deeper into the chair, realizing that there was no way to get out of this mess. He wasn’t even the one who did it! Lucky for Garfield, Starfire came to the rescue and gave him another idea so brilliant he couldn’t even begin to understand what he was thinking.

Gar hopped up to his feet and pointed to the window. “Why don’t we go back to the Tower!” He suggested as he turned to a humming bird and flew to the glass pane. “We can still use our voice and stuff to get in right? I bet nobody even touched it. There might still be tofu chips inside!”

Garfield turned back into himself and motioned towards the looming T shaped building afar in order to coax his team. “We can just forget about this place and go back to where we belong.”

"That's a wonderful idea!' Starfire clapped, not taking more than a second to think about it.

Rachel, however, was very uneasy about that idea, though she couldn't pinpoint why. "Any tofu chip in there would be ruined by now, probably like the rest of the tower. From the outside it may look ok, but there has been no upkeep for three years. Who knows what could have gotten inside?"

"The property is still owned by Robin, my old employer and other real-estate companies had been trying to get the ownership of it for years, but he never gave it up." Starfire explained dreamily, imagining her favorite home of long ago.

"That's not what I meant," Rachel said, knowing full well that the tower had no new owner. She kept watch over it from afar for years, looking at it every morning as a reminder of the cost of overconfidence. She has allowed herself to be a hero again, true, but going back to the tower? That wasn't something she ever thought once of doing.

"Ooh! Maybe when we're there the city will give us our hero stipend again! We'll be paid heroes again and don't have to work elsewhere!" Star continued, all in on this plan now and not hearing what Rachel said.

"I like my job at the bookstore," Rachel responded lamely. Starfire stopped and linked an arm around her friend. "It is the perfect place for us! It'll make us a team again."

Rachel sighed. It seemed she was not making any ground in this argument. "Fine. Let's go look at the tower. But let's not make any snap decisions, ok? We're checking it out, not moving in yet."

"Ooh yay! Last one there is a Snervian Blork Worm!" Starfire cried before shooting right through the hole in the ceiling again, flying at top speed to the Tower.

Rachel lifted the sheet used to protect the counter from paint up to cover the hole. It was a temporary solution since patching up the ceiling obviously wasn't going to happen anytime soon. "A Snervian Blork Worm doesn't sound too bad."

Garfield was more than thrilled to see Starfire agree with him on the matter. As soon as she did he knew Rachel wouldn’t be able to hold onto her perspective much longer.

“No way! Tofu chips can last like a hundred years or something.” He rebuttaled. There was no way that some of the stuff in his room would be edible but he believed firmly in his chips. That and the ramen.

Garfield leaned on the other side of Rachel’s shoulder and smiled. “Yeah! And plus the bookstore is laaaaaaame.” He explained before watching the Tamaranean woman shoot off. “Sorry Rae but I ain’t no worm.” He kissed her on the cheek as thanks before Mushu-ing his way through the hole.

Gar turned into his Toothless sized dragon but was too slow to keep up with Starfire and landed at the base of the tower about 10 seconds after she did. “No fair you had a head start!” He became himself and crossed his arms, pouting.

The outside of the tower had become overgrown with wild weeds and uncut rough grass. Gar looked up at the tower and his ears drooped down. “Ah man…” This was something he figured they would have to clean eventually.
D8FA77F1-55C5-49DC-B57B-D85B09D0051C.jpeg

Rachel rubbed at her cheek before engrossing herself into her soul self and taking off. The Raven landed a few moments after the dragon, and she was not surprised by the state of theTower, though it did admittedly took her breath away.

Looking to her side, Rachel noticed that both Starfire and Garfield sagged at the ruin of their home, so she didn’t felt it right to say ‘I told you so.’

“It’s not as bad as I thought it’d be,” she said. She reached out and put her hand on Gar’s shoulder.

“You need to prepare yourself. It could be a lot worse in there, but it’s nothing we can’t handle, ok?” Rachel told him.

“We will patch up all the holes and make it better than before!” Starfire said confidently, before flying up to the door.

“Oh now you want to patch up holes,” Rachel rolled her eyes, but she took Gar’s hand and followed Star.

Starfire spoke her name at the front door, and just like old times it slid aside for them. Rachel had been expecting a strong smell of decay, but there was no such smell. It did, however, looked how it should have smelled. Bits of ceiling hung in the air, the carpet ripped up, wall paint scratched up. The elevator poured out of the shaft, the shaft looked ceiled up with rocks.

“The…the foundation is still good,” Starfire said, trying to remain positive. “And perhaps this is the only floor affected.”

Rachel squeezed Gar’s hand. “You’re right Star. Let’s go up.”

Since the elevator was obviously out of service, Rachel created a portal for them. Her next room of choice, the living room and attached kitchen, which wasn’t much better off. The couch was chewed up, TV screen smashed, and the windows shattered. The refrigerator doors were opened wide and cabinets opened, rotted food inside.

It felt a little better knowing that Rachel and Starfire were with him, not sure if he could handle this sight alone in the emotional aspect. “Yeah…but it can’t be that bad inside right?” Garfield meant that as a hopeful statement more than a question though.

Gar took Rachel’s hand gladly as he was quiet to walk with her up to the entrance. He looked around and smiled a little when the door opened for Starfire. “Hey it still works at least.” He tried to remain as optimistic as he could about the condition.

That was until they portaled to the living room and everything was trashed. The humongous TV they enjoyed movies on, the kitchen everyone use to cook in, the fridge, his personal favorite of course. Gar spotted a bag of chips that looked oddly familiar and yelped. “Ahh! The tofu chips!” He fell to his knees and swiped at the bag but it sort of glitched out.

Suddenly a female robotic voice activated. Voice identification activated. Welcome BB.
Garfield jumped back to Rachel, hiding behind her and peering over her shoulders with his hand on her arms. Everything began glitching and the tower’s internal appearance changed into a brand new interior. The large TV turned on and a familiar face popped up on the big screen.

Gar’s eyes grew big and he stood up completely. “Cy!” The video of Cyborg tapped the camera and smiled. “There we go. Hey Beastie! I figured you’d come back here eventually.” Garfield was a bit teary eyed as his best friend spoke. “How’d you know that-“ Cyborg cut him off and laughed. “Oh yeah I forgot to tell you this is a video, I can’t hear you man.”

Of course Gar was slightly embarrassed but let the tin man speak. “Now I don’t know if you’re hear alone or not since I’m probably doing something with the league but if I had to guess I bet Raven’s with you.” He teased before spreading his arms in reference to the tower. “Everything should be fully functional and in perfect condition since I’ve been fixing it up since October 20XX. You should have plenty of non-perishables and some snacks that’ll keep you going for a while.” Cyborg held up a bag. “And you know I got the best for ya Beast Man.” It was a fresh bag of tofu chips just like he always ate. “I think the only thing I changed was making the rooms a bit bigger since you know, we’ve grown since then.” A brooding voice spoke in the background. “Cyborg we need you to track the location of this alien ship.” Cyborg stood up. “Well I gotta go but you guys have fun. Oh yeah, it’s good to have you back. I may be in the Justice League but I’ll always be a Titan.” The TV shut off and the lights brightened. Garfield stood there in utter disbelief.

Rachel had her dukes up in defense as their surroundings changed. Everything in the room looked tidy and pristine. Better than new. She couldn’t help but grin when Cyborg’s face appeared on the screen. She should have known he would have looked after the tower, just like he had always taken care of his car. The Tower may be under Robin’s name, but in many ways the Tower was really Cyborg’s baby.

“I am here too, friend Cyborg!” Starfire said to the screen, but then backed down when she realized it was just a recording.

“Well, what do you know?” Rachel lowered her hands and took the room in. It was a bittersweet moment for her as the good memories came to mind as well as the reason why they stopped.

Starfire squealed with delight. “We’re home! We’re titans again! It’s as if nothing has changed.”

“But things have changed,” Rachel reminded. “We have to do better this time, be more careful.”

“We will, we will,” Starfire waved it off. “Come friends! Let’s see our rooms!” She grabbed Rachel by the hand and Rachel quick grabbed Gar’s before they were both yanked out of the room by Star.

She first led them, of course, to her own room. The room was definitely bigger as Cyborg had stated it would be, but other than that it looked very much as she had left it, pink and very neat and tidy. One added feature that Rachel immediately noticed was a TV Screen posted on one of the walls. She wondered if it may be used as a communication tool throughout the tower. She wasn’t sure if she wanted one in her room.

“It’s wonderful!” Starfire dropped her friend’s hand in favor of running and dropping down on her bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back