• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Beast Boy and Raven (Closed)

Bravery grumbled and grabbed Timidity, who had remained unseen until Rachel appeared. “Bring your ass with us and fight!” He announced while she did her own thing. Timidity turned into a small rabbit and hopped away at Bravery’s dismay. Rather than chasing him, he joined the other emotions as they all ran at Beast to distract him from Rachel going to touch the real Garfield.

Beast could sense Rachel’s intent as soon as she disappeared and swiped away the five inferior humans away. Quickly he grabbed her by the shoulder and threw her towards the trees without hesitation.
“That’s where you’re wrong Rachel. He’s NOT human and neither am I. The only difference is that he will be proud once I make him stronger instead of hiding me away like you do to dear Red.” He said as the Backstreet Beast Boys groaned from their walloping.

When Rachel expressed her emotional distress, Garfield paused the game momentarily, looking around. “Rae?…” His eyes looked worried then as if the event never happened He went back to his old self playing video games. The small gray rabbit was at Rachel’s feet while she stood, cheering her on with reserved energy.

The Beast watched the cage drop around him and he laughed, dissolving the magic into thin air.
“Fine you remember? This is our brain and I’m at the wheel right now.” The Beast Boys faltered when the cage failed, looking over at their real world counterpart. “Rachel I think I know what you should do!” intelligence saw what happened with Garfield just as they all had, him being the only one to create an idea. The Beast eyed Intelligence and darted straight for him. Bravery corralled the remaining emotions quickly. “Dudes we have to protect four eyes, now!” The Beast began fighting the remaining four who did all that could while Intelligence spoke to her.

“He reacted to your feelings because you were being one hundred percent honest! Tell him how you feel about h-ACK” The yellow haired Beast Boy was grabbed by his throat promptly by the Beast who seemed very pissed. “You need to learn to be quieter!” The Beast went to throw Intelligence but his arm was held back by…Timidity! “I-I won’t let you hurt Rachel anymore!” The other emotions took his act as a sign that together they could at least stop the Beast from getting to her.

The Beast realized what was happening and roared out in pure fury.
“You can’t do this, I’m only helping you fools!” Together the Beast Boys were working more in tandem, though weren’t winning, they weren’t being tossed aside like fodder either.

Even Rachel felt the hopelessness as her attempt at caging the beast was very easily avoided. "Without my abilities, how can I-?" Her thoughts drifted to the gem on her forehead.

Yellow appeared in front of her and tried to explain what he thought would defeat the beast. He was grabbed by the Beast but saved by timid. Even he knew that now was not the time to be conquered by fear.

The backsbeast boys :xFwink: fought well together, but no ground was being made. Regular Gar was not looking away from that TV screen. She thought about yellow's words and groaned.

"Ugh, can't I just tell a joke instead. You like jokes. What was that one you taught? The cookie went to the doctor because it was crumby." Rachel wasn't sure if she said the joke right, but maybe Gar would find it funny anyway. Over on the couch, there was no reaction. She frowned, maybe he didn't hear her.

The Beast was occupied on with Timidity, so Rachel raced around the fight to get to the couch. He unfortunately wasn't that distracted, for he turned and prepared for an attack on Rachel. Right as he was about to swipe at her, Bravery got in the way, blocking the move.

"Stop messing around, Rae. Just tell him how you feel," He said, and jumped back into the fight.

"I told you I'd only say it once. Are you sure you won't react to the crumby cookie? I don't know any other jokes."

The Beast Boys were getting tired, their punches slower, but the Beast still didn't hold back. She cringed at a particularly nasty blow to Intelligence. They wouldn't last much longer.

"Fine. You want honesty? The truth is this is all my fault...again." Rachel said, applying pressure to her bleeding arm. "You were able to hide the beast away for years, and all that control was undone by the chaos inside of me. It's a little scary, knowing how we both have sides of us that are capable of hurting each other, but it's our conscious decision not to that makes us adult heroes. We're not teenagers anymore, we can't throw a tantrum without consequences. But you already know that." She inched her way closer to the couch.

"You're older now, and stronger too. You don't need to hide the beast away anymore."

"Oh no, She must have hit her head harder than we thought!" Timid cried, but Rachel ignored him.

"Think of all the amazing things you were able to do with the beast unleashed. You became a fire-breathing dragon! Who knows what else you can become, what else you can do? Maybe even, I don't know, something not from this planet. The point is, you were able to do these things because all of you was free." Rachel reached the couch and sat beside him. "Gar, you don't have to kill Cheetah to receive justice, and you don't need to give up your humanity to become powerful. You are the owner of your own mind, the beast has to and will want to follow you, because he is you."

Rachel noticed that her arm was no longer bleeding. In fact, any sign of injury had disappeared. With her now healed arm, she reached out and put her hand on his. "And if he is you, then I love him too. Because I love all of you." She winced and rolled her eyes. "There, you got me to say it again, happy?"

She shut her eyes, getting serious, and let her feelings come out. “You’re charming, handsome, and the only person that can make me laugh. I always had the hardest time being close to you when we were young because you were the one to make me feel.” She her face flush, but dared not open her eyes. This really needed to work if she wanted her Gar back.

“I guess that’s why I always acted so mean to you, to hold back everything else. You were so relentless, you broke through my defenses anyway. Time and time again. I didn’t realize how much I needed and wanted that. You told me once that I wasn’t alone. So Gar, don’t leave me alone now. Please.”

Last edited:
The Garfield Five (Jackson 5? Anyone? No?) were growing more and more exhausted as the time passed. Happiness groaned after getting knocked back while Rachel attempted her crumby joke. “I don’t mean to be that dude but we can do it!” He said before running back at the Beast that stood against them.

Slothful Beastie lazily jumped on his back and wrapped his arms around the monster’s thick neck.
“Man, who knew I could get even more tired…” The Beast setting around trying to get him off since compassion and happiness were on his arms. They were like a pack of hyenas, He the mighty lion. Separately or even a few at a time they were but mosquitoes, together they posed a small threat.

The Beast heard Rachel’s speech start and Garfield’s video game set up began to slowly fade. He roared and threw all emotions off of him at once.
“ENOUGH! I won’t be held off by you weak dudes!” Intelligence chuckled a little and pointed out the obvious. “You just said Dude…” The angry monster became livid as he punched the smart one in the face, feeling his glasses break against his fist.

Garfield could hear everything she was saying , word for word, and knew he had to fight this. He slowly willed all of her injuries to fade away along with his counterparts. Gar fell onto his butt as the entirety of the mental construct disappeared. He stood to his feet rubbing his head as Beast swung at Rachel. His furry arm passed through her as if he didn’t even exist.

Garfield’s eyes were sincere as he looked over at Rachel. “Rae…you mean that?” The Beast was slowly growing more and more translucent. His body began to be slowly being pulled into Gar’s being, becoming all one. The very same thing happened to the emotions but it was more of a willing thing that was happening.

He made his way over to her, rubbing his face and head. “I’m sorry I let it get to me so much. I just…I dunno it just felt like the right thing to do.” Garfield explained in a way that made himself more frustrated. He didn’t try to think too much and he simply hugged Rachel, putting his arms around her body. “I’m still here and I won’t let him take over no more.” Garfield promised.

Rachel opened her eyes when he spoke to her and sighed with relief. A tear rolled down her cheek, she was glad they were hugging so her couldn’t see it. She hadn’t realized just how scared she was that Gar might have changed for good, how much she would have missed him. Just the thought of that made her hold on tighter.

“Thanks for waking up. Now let’s get out of here,” she replied. Reluctantly she released the hug and raised her hands up to the sides of his face. “Azarath Metrion Zinthos.”

As her chant ended, so to did their surroundings, and they found themselves back on the rooftop, Rachel’s hands still on the green tiger just where she had left her body. Kory still wrapped her arms around the big beast, holding it down.

“Rachel! Are you unharmed?” She asked, noticing Rachel’s eyes come into focus. But Rachel kept her eyes on the tiger, making sure he came back with her. “Gar?”

Garfield smiled and leaned his head down a little to make Rachel’s process slightly easier. He closed his eyes and suddenly his senses erupted with the familiar smells of Jump City. His eyes didn’t open for a minute but he certainly felt…no completely the same.

Rachel explained to him that he didn’t need to lock the Beast up so he didn’t do so per say. Currently said monster was actually free but contained to his own area in his mind until Gar could properly trust him. Once Garfield’s green eyes opened he stood up with Starfire hanging from his neck.

“You can let go now Star.” Garfield frowned. He hadn’t ever recalled being a sabertooth tiger before but it felt pretty powerful. Bigger, stronger, and faster than a normal tiger. Once Kory let go and stood in the direction of the prison for a moment. We could still do it you know..

Garfield transformed back into himself and watched the prison a little longer. You know we can’t. But you don’t have to be trapped anymore. He was going to be fair while still upholding his own morals. He turned back to his friends and nodded his head. “Man I hope I didn’t hurt anyone.” Garfield’s reaction was a light chuckle imbedded with guilt and nervousness.

Kory let go of the tiger and took a step back, dukes up just in case the fight wasn’t yet over.

“Are you ok?” Rachel asked as he transformed back into himself. Based on his reply, she knew that he was.

“We wouldn’t let you hurt anyone,” she assured.

“Oh I am so glad that you are well, Garfield!” Kory beamed. “Let us celebrate over dinner! I know of multiple restaurants in the area that will serve our purposes well, including multiple vegetarian options. We can even partake in some of the celebratory alcoholic beverages!”

Kory was obviously glad that everything worked out ok, but Rachel knew she was happy that Gar acknowledged her. Her speech reverted back a little to her old way of speaking, and her arms hung awkwardly at her side, obviously being held back from jumping forward and giving her friend the biggest hug. Gar and Kory had spoken very little since the closure on the house, and back then he only spoke to her if necessary. Even now, Rachel noted that Gar had still called her Star, not Kory, leaving Rachel to believe this may not have magically fix that relationship.

Garfield looked at Starfire and couldn’t help but laughing. It was hard to stay resented towards her now that the Beast was properly under control. While it’s true that a part of him was slightly peeved about Kory‘s choice, He didn’t want to entirely remove her from his life.

“You know I am pretty hungry. What bout you Rae?” Gar wasn’t willing to just forget about her just to make amends with Starfire. He put his arms around both compatriots, comfortably so now that he and Starfire shared heights. “Don’t worry, it’s gonna be fun!” It was something he sounded sure of and rightfully so. They were now all adult friends who had grown up a few years without each other, now they were together again.

A few missing pieces but Garfield didn’t exactly dwell on that. All he was worried about was having a good time. They decided on going there so Garfield took the form of his compact yet stylish mushu and floated around next to Rachel’s head. “So which place are we going to Star?” He asked while landing on Rae’s shoulder as a lazy passenger.

The good mood reflected onto Rachel, and she was glad that finally the three of them could hang out, perhaps not as they used to, but in this new way that can be just as good.

“You’re always hungry,” Rachel said rolling her eyes. “But I guess I can eat too.”

“I know just the place!” Kory squealed, unable to contain her excitement. “It’s called Spicy Moon, which I was curious about because I have never eaten the moon and so wouldn’t know if it had the spicy flavoring. It turns out, it’s named the Spicy Moon because it’s flavoring is, as they say, out of this world! Isn’t that clever?”

Kory and Rachel stepped off the roof and floated down to the sidewalk to walk amongst the people. As it turned out, it was actually a very nice evening for a walk on the town, even with the winter chill in the air.

The Spicy Moon was a small restaurant, squeezed between two other small restaurants on a busy street. It was a blink and you’d miss it type of place. Despite that, the food was, as Kory had heard, out of this world. It combined vegetarianism with Asian coking, creating interesting meals that Rachel had never been exposed too. And yes, celebratory alcoholic beverages were consumed.

For once, heroism was not discussed. Instead, the friends caught up on each other’s lives, where they had went, what had they done, what they currently like to do. Anyone looking in from the outside would have seen three regular friends having a nice night out, save for the fact that one was green, one pale, one orange.

At the end of the night, Rachel portaled them all back to her and Gar’s house. Kory smiled at the facade, proud of her work.

“I had the best time tonight, friends. It reminded me of old times,” She said to them, her smile saddening a little as she though of the ones who weren’t with them.

Rachel put her hand on Kory’s shoulder. “Thanks,” she said. “For, you know, everything.”

Kory looked to Gar. “We’ll do this again some time, yes?”

Gar was happy to properly hang out with Starfire for the first time in so long that it didn’t matter what had happened recently. The evening air was soothing on his scales as they soared through the skies together, forgetting about his primal episode beforehand. The way Star talked about the restaurant was very nostalgic but more refined than her old speech patterns.

Once there catching up with each other was so natural that Garfield didn’t even realize they had finished eating, a task usually very important to him. He decided it best that the least he could do was pay after their escapade he caused. Well part of him caused technically.

They left the establishment and after leaving the sight of any civilians, Rae portables them back to their house gladly. Garfield stretched his arms over his head and scratched his lower back. “Yeah that was alright I guess.” He tried his best to be nonchalant about the situation but Starfire’s sad look made it a bit hard for him.

Garfield rubbed the back of his head and looked off away from her expression. “Uhh yeah I think we should totally do it or whatever…” He replied as Starfire grinned. “You are starting to sound more and more like Rachel, Garfield.” She began floating away with a cheery dismissal. “Goodbye friends!” Garfield waved his fist at Starfire playfully angry. “Hey! I don’t sound like Rae you take that back!”

Rachel watched Kory fly off, wondering if she realized she was still using her powers instead of her usual blending in to society. She respected Kory's wishes to be normal, but it was nice to see her fly around again, especially knowing that her ability to fly comes from her feelings of joy.

Giving a glance at Gar, Rachel said, "Yeah, you're not sounding more like me. You're still as annoying as ever." At that, she entered into their home, the events of the day finally catching up to her. The clock on the wall said it was 10:55pm, but to Rachel it felt so much later. How many battles did she fight today? Two? Three if Garfield's mind adventure was to be counted.

She remembered that she had thrown Garfield's outfit in the wash and went to go put it in the drier. It was back to its original white form, ready to be a perfect canvas tomorrow. Coming back into the living room, she stretched and stifled a big yawn.

"Ok. I don't know about you, but I'm exhausted. I think we earned some rest," she said, taking her jacket off.

Garfield rolled his eyes and mocked Rachel with his hand. “Yeah right. You know I’m awesome.” He proceeded to slide under the door as usual and pop out the other side with her. He rubbed his eyes a little as he plopped down on the couch, laying back and kicking his feet on the table.

To say his body was worn out was an understatement. Personally the mental struggle was more exhausting that the physical journey his body went through that day. Ever since the fight, his mind was constantly filled with the Beast’s voice of reason and it was quite aggravating. He assured himself that it would go away. Who wouldn’t want to express themselves after not being able to for so long.

Garfield leaned his head back against the back of the couch and exhaled. “Totally. You think we could…you know, sleep together?” His soft green eyes left the ceiling to meet hers, asking with a hint of hesitation in his voice. Gar was unsure if after his actions she would want to be around him in that manner.

It wasn’t like he could blame her. He remembered all the things Beast did to her both in his mind and the things he did in the real world. Garfield figured it was kind of like when he wasn’t too fond of Red, also something she found to be fair so why wouldn’t he?

Rachel froze and her face flushed red at an alarming rate. “W-what?” She stuttered. It took her a minute to understand what exactly he meant, and by that point she calmed down a little.

Woah, got a little excited there. You know better than that, She told herself.

“I mean yeah. Sure. If that’s what you want,” she replied. Her feet left the ground and Rachel drifted over to the couch, not hesitating to nestle up close and get comfortable. This wasn’t their first time crashing on the couch.

It was a long rough day, but worth it in the end because Gar was back to normal. Would he always have to deal with the beast inside him? Sure, but Rachel was starting to realize that everyone had their demons, demonic or not.

“I’m glad you’re you again,” she mumbled, already getting drowsy.

Garfield noticed the shock on her face but was certain it was his imagination as quick as she got over it. Even if he wanted to ask her about what she meant, he was way too tired to actually ask her about it. “Sweet..” was all he said while Rachel floated towards him.

Gar raised his left arm and wrapped it around her midsection, feeling her face lay on his chest. His mind sort of joked a little in answering her this time around. “I’m always me Rae.” The Beast’s voice emitted from Garfield but it quickly diminished with his natural chuckling. “I’m just joking, honest!” He assured Rachel, leaning his cheek onto her head briefly.

A few moments passed and Gar spoke in a near whisper. “I’ll never forget what you said Rachel..” His eyes closed slowly after that and next thing he knew he was asleep. His dream was more of a heart to heart than a real dream. Aptly between him and Beast. They were standing across from each other with a bonfire between them.

“We need to talk.”

“Aw man! I wanted to have a normal dream for once!” Garfield complained.

“There’s time for that later, even though I’m sure Rachel will have a dream enough for the both of you, I propose a deal.”

“What’s the deal?” The green dude lacking fur all over day on a log and plopped his chin in his hand.

“I just want to set some rules so that we can truly become one.” The Beast had a few bones around his area that he sat in, showing that there was still plenty of primal instincts in him.

“I’m listening I’m listening.” Garfield was clearly bored of this already.

“I only ask for two things. 1. Never cage me again. 2. I want you to use me as a transformation. I swear to you control will remain yours I just want more freedom. In exchange I will follow your rules and grant you with my own enhanced instincts to your own abilities naturally”

Gar felt this was fair but there must’ve been a catch right? This was him after all but maybe he was telling the truth. Beast was much stronger and faster than most the animals he could become. “But you gotta swear to follow my rules too.” He demanded and Beast rubbed the bridge of his nose, knowing he had already acknowledged this fact but simply nodded.

“Alright. My rules are No doing bad stuff like killing and hurting my friends, and no eating meat outside of my brain.” Garfield shuddered looking at the bones and Beast simply willed them to disappear. The behemoth made his way to Gar and the young man stood up.

“We have a deal”

Garfield held his fist out and The Beast promptly bumped it with his much larger fist before he woke up from his slumber.

Rachel does not get visions in her sleep often, but when she does its usually omens of dark things to come. It's just one of those package deals with being part demon, she supposes. This is how she knew that the dream this night was just that, a dream and not some foresight into the future.

A sunny day at the park, teenagers playing frisbee, a family of four having a picnic, an old woman walking her chihuahua, and the teen titans grilling burgers, some tofu, and lounging under a tree. No, not the teen titans. They were older now, dressed in upgraded uniforms, not afraid of being seen in public. Cyborg tosses a tofu burger in the air and a big green hound catches it and brings it over to the girl shrouded in darkness. Rachel recognized herself even before she took off the hood. This Rachel rolled her eyes and shoved the dog away from her face.

"I'm not eating anything that was in your mouth," she said.
"There's plenty of burgers to go around, including the edible ones!" Cyborg called out.
"Hey! Tofu burgers are so edible!" The hound said before turning back into Garfield, burger still in mouth. He took a bite out the fake meat, held the rest in one hand while the other arm wrapped around Rachel.

"The burgers will have to wait," Robin, or as Kory told Rachel was called Nightwing now, said suddenly, jumping up from his spot by the tree. He was holding a circular device blurred out by Rachel's consciousness drifting away from the dream, but she could guess what it might have been. "There's trouble downtown. Raven, can you get us over there?"

"No," Rachel said, but not in response to Nightwing's question. Never had she wanted so much to stay in a dream. It felt so real, so hopeful, just out of reach. As she slowly opened her eyes and squinted against the morning sun shining into her eyes from the window, she made the decision that this was a vision. One day, it could be a reality again.

Leaning her head up, she saw that Gar was still asleep. He was smiling, and she couldn't sense any anger in him. Perhaps he was having a good dream as well. She phased down through the couch and popped up in the kitchen, letting him sleep just a little longer.

The water was already boiled and Rachel had her morning tea all brewed before Gar woke up.

"Hey sleepy head. How'd you sleep?" she asked, walking back over to the couch and taking a seat. Upon sitting, again, the rays of the sun once again hit her eyes. It really is bright out today, she thought as she squinted again. Rachel frowned and scooched over on the couch to get out of the rays.

Garfield rubbed his eyes and fell over, lying his head on Rachel’s lap. “Uhh It was weird but good I guess.” His mind drifted to the words of the Beast which he was now sure was apart of his psyche for sure. Sadly the first thing he was thinking was of bacon and eggs. Well not technically bacon and eggs and rather their origin but that image was too much for Gar.

“Mmm something smells good. Did you sleep good too?” He looked up at her and noticed the sun in his own eyes as well. He used his hand to cover his eyes but the yellow light seemed to be much brighter than anything their sun has produced to his knowledge. Garfield had a gut feeling that it was bad, really bad.

“Hey Rae, you think we need knew curtains or something? These suck.” He complained before getting up. Gar walked over to the window and his eyes grew larger than pancakes, or waffles which he preferred. “LOOK LOOK LOOK LOOK!” He yelled as there seemed to be something in the sky that certainly wasn’t their sun.

Rachel frowned and moved to the window to see as well. Outside was a giant glowing yellow…thing. She shaded her eyes and tried to discern what it was. Her initial thought was a hammer.

Whatever it was, it dropped lower from the sky and took a swipe at a nearby building. It hit the side of the building, creating a large crashing sound and leaving a large gash on the side.

“Time to go,” Rachel said. She quick chugged her tea, not wanting to leave it this time, and phased into her room to get her uniform on.

She was back in an instant, new cloak on and leotard underneath. “Ready?”

Meanwhile, in the city square there was chaos. Civilians ran in circles trying to escape a giant yellow axe and the man creating it. He had red skin, dressed in yellow, and held a hand with a yellow ring out, guiding the axe around.

“Such chaos here. A shame, really. Humans have such potential,” he said before smashing a jumbo screen showing advertisements. “Where are your protectors? Tell me and I will cease this needless destruction. Anyone?”

The reply was simply screams of terror or something along the lines of, “Ahhh! Aliens!!” Not the answer the man was looking for. He sighed, resigned.

“If you insist, I will continue.”

Garfield turned into an eagle and peered off at the source, pressing his beak against the glass of the window. It was a dude? But how was he making that big, bright yellow light? He turned to tell Rachel but she was already gone. Once she was back, Gar pointed his wing to the shape in the distance. “It’s a bad dude! I dunno how but we gotta hurry.”

Garfield turned back into himself and ran over to get his suit. His face scrunched up with mild confusion. “How come it’s white?” He nodded “Okay okay, but you gotta fix it when we get back.” Gar went around the corner into the laundry room and quickly changed before coming out in his all white suit.

Readying himself, they went through the portal Rachel had made for them and turned into a proper pterodactyl to fly over towards the villain at hand. Sinestro noticed the two approaching but didn’t attack them immediately. “Here I was expecting a Green Lantern and I get a green fool.” Unlike the lesser villains they previously fought, he had been briefed on his opponents.

Garfield squawked a reply with a slight bit of disgust. “Hey! I’m no fool you’re just mad green is better than yellow!” From the design of his suit and the way he spoke, this dude had to be like a yellow lantern. Did those even exist?

“Let’s put that to the test, shall we?” Sinestro replied before swinging his big magical yellow axe in Gar’s direction. Rachel blocked it with a shield.

“I don’t know what it is you want, but you are not going to get it,” Rachel said, sending black discs his way. Sinestro was hit by the first one, but he blocked the rest, his axe transformed into a big yellow shield.

He focused and created a yellow pterodactyl identical to the green one only larger in size. It swooped through the air, eating Rachel’s discs and heading straight for Gar.

Garfield began flying into the air, getting the constructed reptile to follow him so that he was a proper and safe distance from Rachel and anyone else who would be harmed. As the two prehistoric creatures goes above them Sinestro turned to the remaining hero.

“I was told about him, nothing more than a weakling. But you..” He rubbed the spot on his chin where the disc had hit him. “Do you possess a black lantern ring? Your past reeks of death…” Sinestro had yet to encounter a Black Lantern so her costume may have held just that where her hands were. “Who are you?”

Meanwhile Garfield reached a height he felt appropriate and this thing was gaining on him. Mid-flight the redemptive hero changed into his much larger dragon and fired a green blast at the yellow creature, causing it to simply cease existing. The heat from the blast was like opening an oven to the two far below, Garfield’s tactic having worked as intended. “WOOOOOO” He did circles in the air as he descended down. “Green beats yellow every time loser!”

Sinestro hid his disbelief as his fear construct didn’t work as well as he thought it would. Perhaps the running away wasn’t in fear as he expected. A shame. “Two teenagers will certainly not defeat me regardless.” Garfield motioned his clawed hands into a timeout gesture. “Whoa whoa whoa. I’m actually 20 so you’re zero for two Dracula.” He teased the villain.

“I am not someone you want to meddle with,” Rachel replied to him, focusing more on his words than answering his question. Two things stuck out to her. One, someone had told him about Beast Boy, something she’ll have to think about later after this fight. Two, his mention of a black powerful ring indicates that the ring on his hand is perhaps the source of his power.

Rachel knew next to nothing about colorful lanterns and power, but she had heard of the Green Lantern, he is a member of the Justice league after all. He also has a ring. She wondered what would happen if he were to lose it.

“We have that in common,” Sinestro said, right before his pterodactyl was pummeled by Gar.

While Gar got his attention, Rachel portaled herself a distance behind him. If she can just grab onto his ring, this fight will be over quicker than it started.

“My name is Sinestro, not Dracula,” he replied, not understanding the insult but was insulted anyway.

Rachel created a large dark ckaw that reached out and suffocated Sinestro’s hand with the ring. For a moment, Sinestro fell, dangling in the air by the claw around his hand.

The surrounding fear, however, was enough to power up the ring. Sinestro focused his power and with a burst of energy, the claw was overtaken by yellow light.

“You are strong, but I am stronger. I will not be so easily beaten so long as I have fear on my side,” Sinestro said, once again able to float in the air, a yellow aura surrounding him. He used this opportunity to send a blast of energy down at the street, creating a glacial hole in the ground.

Rachel couldn’t tell if he had hit anyone. Based on the screams below, it didn’t sound good. Looking from up high, one little hand was poking out in the rubble. She looked to Gar and reached out to his mind. The ring. He’s powerless without it. And with that she dove down to save the civilians in the wreckage.

“Rule number one in a fight. Never turn your back on your opponent. Perhaps your not as smart as I originally perceived.” Sinestro aimed his ring at Rachel and fired.

Garfield wasn’t intentionally distracting Sinestro but at least it was useful and funny. He also got this villains name so he’s on a roll! He watched the claw easily dissipate from the power of the yellow ring that the purple skinned man wore on his finger.

Hearing her voice in his head mixed with the Beast’s backseat fighting tips was strange but the message was through to him. When Sinestro sent another ring construct at Rachel, Gar instantly blew another fireball at it which extinguished both ranged attacks.

“Hmm.. you may be more of a problem than expected.” Sinestro turned to face his new focus of attention. It was told to him that he could only become animals inhabiting earth, yet this was anything but an Earth creature.

Garfield tapped his head, not listening to Sinestro, while he thanked Beast. “Hey you weren’t lying.” There wasn’t a chance he normally would’ve reacted to that yellow light thing from the Count.

Sinestro narrowed his eyes and three giant, yellow tigers formed from his rings. “A fitting end for you I’m sure.” He smirked at the events that were going to take place.

The animals floated around Garfield, circling him like prey and he billowed quick flames at them in attempts to back them away. “Whoa whoa you don’t wanna talk some more? Like how’s you style your hair so cool?” He tried to stall until Rachel was done but it seemed that she was still busy.

Use me. Do it. Garfield looked around there was a rooftop that was quite close to the floating man. “Enough of your insolence!” The villain shouted as the tigers pounced at once.

The large dragon had disappeared and there was no green to be found. Thankfully Gar turned into a fly and popped back as himself in the mentioned rooftop. “Hey how about you come over here and fight me yourself! Or is the mighty Sinestro scaaaaared?” He mocked.

Of course the lantern merely sent his constructed tigers after the annoying hero, each ready to tear into his skin. Before the first tiger arrived Garfield exhaled, whispering a short sentence to himself. “I’m trusting you….” (Okay your in 🌙 lol)

His eyes went white and his costume was overcame by fire, growing larger in size. Garfield had became the Beast but his mind went into a sort of autopilot mode for the fight. The tiger was coming in hot but it was grabbed by the wrists and promptly was spun around before he slammed it to the ground. The other two looked more hesitant but Gar took the limp body of the first and threw it at the second creature, it being smart enough to dodge.

Garfield the next couple of tigers jump at him only to be grabbed by the fur on their chests and held up. “You should really get new pets.” He said before smashing their heads together, particles of yellow symbolizing the defeat of the constructs.

(🎤Every day I wake up, then I start to break up! Lonely is a man without love! 🎶)

Meanwhile I’m the ground, Rachel used her abilities to clear the rubble. Clumps of cement floated in the air as she reached down and pulled a little girl out and handed her to her anxious father waiting on the side.

“Thank you! Thank you so much,” the man cried, holding on tight to his daughter. One by one civilians were safely rescued, each of them thanking Rachel. Rachel felt she should be thanking them for accepting her help once again. It wasn’t something she expected, nor did she expect bystander shouts for joy.

“The Titans are back! We’re saved!” Rachel was reminded of her dream; is it possible that it can actually come true?

She never really spoke to the locals, but she felt she had to say something now. Something heroic. What would Robin say?
“This portal will take you to the Memorial Park,” Rachel said as she produced said portal. “You will be safe there until this is over. Go now. All of you.”

The father and his daughter was the first to walk through the portal, followed by other parents with children. Some who didn’t have kids were reluctant, wanting to watch the action instead. Rachel was distracted before she could force them to go by the three tigers in the sky.

She looked up was initially concerned by what she saw. “Woah,” she breathed as Gar transformed into The Beast. Nearby reactions were similar as the beast took down the yellow tigers. It seemed that he was in control of his primal form, and Sinestro didn’t stand a chance.

Sinestro looked more than just a little bit miffed at yet another failed attack by him. He obviously believed this would be an easy job. Rachel teleported back up to the fight, ready to finish this once and for all. She appeared besides her partner and held her hands out in front of her as she chanted, “Azarath Metrion Zinthos!”

Black magic wrapped itself around Sinestro like a straight jacket. He wriggled against it and glared at the heroes angrily. It seemed he had had just about enough of this, but he had one last trick up his sleeve.

“In blackest day, in brightest night,
Beware your fears made into light.
Let those who try to stop what's right
Burn like my power, Sinestro's might!” He recited.

Rachel raised an eyebrow and was about to question what he said all that for, but before she could, a yellow creation began to form around him. Her binds were pushed away as the structure grew into was looked like a spaceship. The spaceship blasted off at the speed of light, (like Team Rocket 😬) gone before any other action could be made against him. Rachel frowned. For a villain so narcissistic, he gave up rather quickly.

Last edited:
Garfield looked up at the yellow lantern and jumped towards him to close the gap, turning back into a dragon. When Rachel popped into existence he readied his core for a air singeing blast to shoot. After the straight jacket manifested on Sinestro’s body Gar smiled. “Time to give up dude you can’t beat us.”

The recital of his lantern’s oath was confusing to the green dragon, who looked over at Rachel. “Is he like rapping for us? It’s kinda lame…” He whispered before pouring his wings in front of her. At first Emerald Toothless expected the ship to be a weapon but as quickly as the thought formulated the ship was gone.

“Oh.. Maybe we shouldn’t have let him rap?” Garfield questioned. He moved from in front of Rae and looked down at the destruction of the city. Compared of some of their past battles this wasn’t too bad. “Is everyone alright?”

Garfield was naturally concerned for the wellbeing of the Jump City citizens so he lowered to the ground with Rachel, turning back into himself. “We have to really beat him fast next time.” His eyes became solemn. “Look what he did…”

Rachel thought it was hilarious that Gar called his words a rant, not that she was going to laugh or anything. It didn’t sound like a spell, nor a focus chant like she had, more just like a pride thing, a boast. Whatever it was, it gave him the willpower necessary to escape and the warning necessary to keep Rachel on her toes.

Floating back down to the ground, she surveyed the damage. Besides the gash in the street that she had already helped saved civilians, there were several other points of impact.

“It could have been much worse,” Rachel said, lifting a street light to stand up straight again. “And from what I can sense, I think everyone is ok. Nice job, by the way,” Rachel commended, acknowledging the big deal that was him and the beast working together. “We’ve got some clean up to do, though before we’re done here. How about you take care of that building over there and I’ll put all this back together?”

The rest of the morning went that way, fixing the mess Sinestro left behind, but Rachel really didn’t mind it. It felt good using her abilities in the open without having to hide. She hadn’t realized how much she missed not hiding.

“Almost as good as new,” Rachel said as she set the last piece of sidewalk in place. She flexed her fingers and eyed Gar. “Hmm. The white looks good but I think it’s a bit too much white. How about we go home and finish your suit over lunch?”

Garfield smiled at the compliment and gave a nod. “Thanks. You got everyone okay safe though so I think we got this!” His determined nature shining through his words and tone. Then when Rachel brought up cleaning he sighed heavily.

“Aw man but can’t the other rescue people clean this all up?..” He shuffled his feet over to the collapsed building and kicked some rubble lazily. Gar grew into an Argentinosaurus so that he could use his neck to push the entire building out if anyone’s way and making sure he didn’t stomp on any buildings below.

For the remainder of the morning, Garfield moved the debris to the side with an assortment of creatures ranging from a triceratops to his more recent dragon to fly pieces from low to high.

Gar walked over with Rachel and stretched his back. “Oh you like the way it looks on me huh?” He teased while giving a small pose, flexing his arms. He laughed a bit before nodding his head. “Can we order some pizza? After fight pizza is a classic!” Garfield insisted before turning into a Mushu and flying up to her shoulder to rest.

As they went through the portal his head rested gently against hers with his whiskers floating around. “You think we’re a team again? Me and you?” Gar asked curiously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back