• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Beast Boy and Raven (Closed)

Of course Gar was oblivious to the surrounding magic outbursts Rachel was having. This was primarily because of his focus on something he found much more stunning and interesting.

“You think I-“ When the book fell his ears twitched, causing him to turn towards that direction and stop looking at her. How’d that happen?

“No wait you don’t-“ Rachel’s phasing through the bed and floor made Gar flop face first into his own arms. “…have to..” He muttered.

It was slightly amusing to watch her frantically but ultimately Garfield could sort of tell she was embarrassed that this was happening. While, he too was nervous and slightly embarrassed he was much more chill about it as time went on.

“Rae.” He called out but she couldn’t hear him over her hands moving the books back to their proper location, or at least attempting to. Garfield’s cheeks heated a little when Rae dove under his blankets in attempts to cover herself.

Gar looked at her back and psyched himself to the point to actually act on his thoughts and actually speak them. “Rae, y’know you don’t hafta hide yourself from me right?” He wanted to let that be known first and foremost, continuing before she could say.

“I know you don’t wanna blow nothing up and stuff so can I just lay behind you?” He realized how bad that may have sounded and he began stammering himself. “Uh-I-That’s not- We can lay however you wanna lay” Garfield gave a nervous chuckle while giving her ample time to decide this time.

Rachel took a deep breath, steadied herself, and peeked out from behind the covers. Choosing to tread lightly she said, "Oh yeah? You wanna lay behind me?" Unable to stop herself, she lead out a giggle. "I'm sure that will help." She rolled over to face him and propped herself up with one arm.

"Sorry, still getting used to the whole sharing emotions thing. Not my strong suit, given the consequences." The old instinct of hiding still stuck with her, like a turtle stuck to its shell. She didn't think she could ever really part with her shell, but that didn't mean she always had to use it. Her heartbeat was calming down now and she started to relax, she was the one who wanted to sleep here anyway.

"I'll try not to hide as much," Rachel said finally, smiling. She rested her head down on the pillow. "Not from you." The pillow smelled like him, and for once that wasn’t a bad thing.

“Get on over here, ninja turtle.” She reached out for him and her magic switched off the light in reaction. “Oops.”

Garfield’s face was red hot when it was naturally his turn to be teased. He wanted to defend the question but his heart jumped into his throat and he simply laid on his back, listening to what Rachel had to say. The eye contact alone was inducing his heart rate to rise so the ceiling was his visual choice for now.

It was only natural for her to have issues showing her emotions after so long, which is way Rae never grew impatient or upset at the fact when she didn’t. Gar couldn’t help but smirk at her words “I guess just for me is good enough.”

His head turned back towards Rachel and when the lights went out he laughed. It was easy to feel more comfortable when things like that kept occurring but he couldn’t let her joke from moments ago slide.

Gar moved towards Rachel and gently pressed his forehead against hers, being mindful of the gem. “Look who’s tryna set the mood now.” He teased without missing a beat.

Rachel shut her eyes and leaned her forehead in. In Azarath, touching foreheads is an act of sharing sacred breath between third eyes, an honoring of each other’s hearts and souls. She sighed against the touch and almost missed the teasing remark.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about. I was clearly just turning off the lights so we can sleep,” Rachel replied in mock innocence. “Get your mind out of the gutter, Garfield.”

A yawn snuck it’s way out of her mouth and, after covering her mouth, she placed her hand on his chest. “Seriously though, we should get some sleep. Busy day, tomorrow.”

She snuggled up close and got herself comfortable, more and more happy she was not alone in her room tonight. It didn’t take long for her to slip away into REM sleep.

Garfield grinned, knowing Rachel’s words were her attempts of teasing him at best. “Riiiight totally my fault.” He said with a soft, tired tone.

He nearly forgot about all his troubles simply laying there with Rachel that he wanted to do it forever. “Oh yeah. Woo hoo tomorrow.” Gar did his best Raven impression before chuckling. “Goodnight Rae.”

Garfield fell asleep a little after she did and had quite the wholesome dream in a while. The tower was dark but the television screen showed to be the only light source in the living room playing some commercials. The couch was filled with six figures, each coupled together.

Starfire was leaning against some dark haired guy who he didn’t recognize but assumed it had to be Robin, except…he was making jokes?!? Well currently he was explaining a joke someone else had told to her. “Kory the point of the joke is that an alligator can be called a gator and you use a gps to navigate. Navi-gator.” He chuckled and there was an all to familiar laughter that followed.

It was none other than himself cuddled up with Rae, who hide her amusement and was her normal self. “Oh come on Rae, it was funny! I got another one.” Garfield smiled but another feminine voice that he recognized but couldn’t put his finger on spoke up

“I agree with Rachel it was alright at best.” The woman said. Cyborg laughed at the joke and gently elbowed the mystery woman. “Be nice Ali.” Beast Boy unfortunately was more of a spectator to this spectacle or else he certainly would’ve asked. “Who the heck is Ali??!”

Before the dream continued he woke up, luckily before Rachel had and hopefully before Kory. Garfield leaned his head back slowly but saw her iron grip on the chest portion of his suit. As happy as this made him he wanted to surprise her with something so he kissed her gem and turned into a snake, slithering out of bed.

Gar got a quick shower and tossed his suit in the wash before changing into what he grabbed from his closet, Cyborg left with a note that read Sorry if they don’t fit perfect BB. I ran some aging software and used your body measurements from there. - Cy”

Well he was right about some parts not fitting but the jeans and socks fit fine while the shirt was a little small for him. He headed to the fridge and groaned seeing no milk or eggs. Cyborg did say something about nonperishable food so he guessed that meant no milk and eggs.

Garfield used this time to the grocery store ask quickly as he could before coming back about thirty minutes later with waffle mix, almond milk, vegetarian eggs, cheese, and other items for the ultimate breakfast. Well, ultimate in his eyes.

It was certainly a messy kitchen when Garfield was finishing up but he had plenty of waffles made with love, and cinnamon, eggs, berries, and plenty of syrup.

As he was finishing the last waffle he saw Rachel and Starfire float in and waved the mixing whisk in the air, his face and clothes covered in flour. “Surprise! I made you guys some breakfast!”

Rachel woke up with her hand in a death grip, though whatever she was holding onto so tightly was no longer there. She flexed and shook her hand, trying to relieve the soreness of her muscles, and looked around. Slowly her mind remembered where she was and she looked around for any sort of green being in the room, man or beats.

"Gar?" She called out while she stepped out of bed. The sun was shining through the window, showing no sign of him anywhere in the room. Rachel did, however, just realize that she had slept in her leotard, having never switched out of her costume into pajamas. Her robe was strewn lazily across the floor, so she picked it up on her way out of the room. The haphazardly put-together door actually managed to stay in it's hinges as it slid open and let Rachel out.

After freshening up and a quick change into a baggy purple hoodie and leggings, Rachel headed down the hall to where she suspected Gar was gobbling up a big breakfast.

"Good morning, Rachel!" Rachel heard Starfire call loudly from the other hall before flying over to greet her. She was her usual bright and cheery self, dressed in a pink crop top and work out pants.

"How are you so awake already?" Rachel asked with a yawn, not having her morning tea yet so not fully awake.

"Oh, sorry," Starfire lowered her voice. "I forgot you were not a morning person."

"Give me 20 minutes and I'll be fine," Rachel said evenly. "And maybe some tea."

"I believe I saw some of the bags for tea in the kitchen!" Starfire offered. "I will consume some with you."

As the two entered the living room, the strong smell of cinnamon and flour drew tea from their minds. It looked as if a flour bomb was set off in the kitchen, white all of the counters, walls, and the one who probably set it off.

"Are those waffles?" Rachel asked, admiring the big stack of her favorite food. Beside her, Starfire gasped and clapped her hands.

"This is the surprise you spoke of last night!" She flew over and gave Garfield the biggest hug she could, lifting him in the air with her momentarily before setting him back down. "I love it!" Now also covered in flour, she made herself a plate, being very generous wit the syrup.

"You're a mess," Rachel said, shaking her head. She popped on over to the stack and took 3 waffles with some syrup. "You stay away from me with those sticky flour hands. But thanks for the waffles," She grinned at him, keeping her distance.

"The flour will not bite you, Rachel," Starfire said from the couch with a mouth full of waffles.

"I like food in my mouth and in my stomach. That's it," Rachel warned, stepping back.

Garfield let out his genuine laughter as he put the whisk in the sink. “I know they’re your favoriiiite.” He acknowledged while pulling the final waffle out of the iron and placing it onto the stack.

When Starfire flew over to hug him he tried to protest that it was unnecessary but was quickly sucked into the crushing hug. “Ack-!” When she let Garfield go he cracked his back and smiled. “Yeah it’s a pretty sweet surprise.” He agreed.

Quickly Gar put the equipment down and smiled. “Not even a hug? I know you want one Rae.” Before she could respond he made his way at he and gave her a giant floury hug, laughing all the while.

When he stepped back he held his hands out shaking them to stop her from moving. “Wait wait there’s more!” With a little slight of hand magic, Gar pulled a mug from behind his back and there was a teabag inside. “Look I even remembered how to do the tea this time.”

Garfield set the mug aside and pointed to the kettle that was on the stove, already steaming. “I dunno what flavor it is but I thought you’d like it.” He admits on his way to grab the kettle and pour into the mug for her.

Gar put the awfully hot teapot back and made himself a plate. Of course it wouldn’t be right unless it was a smorgasbord with waffles, fruit, syrup, and cheesy eggs he made himself.

“No. I said n-uhh” Rachel did not dodge the hug in time, and when the hug was lifted, she saw herself covered in flour. Before she could mad about it, though, a mug of tea was right in front of her face.

“Uh, wow,” she said, not knowing what else to say as he expertly got the tea ready for her. She hadn’t thought he was paying attention all the times she did it, turns out he was.

“All right, fine. I’ll forgive you this time.” Rachel kissed him on the cheek. “Thanks, ninja turtle.”

When Rachel turned around, she saw that Starfire was watching them, a sad smile on her face.

Rachel cleared her throat. “Uhm, any news from Nightwing, Star?” She asked as she grabbed her breakfast and plopped onto the couch.

“No. I am starting to worry if he too might be in danger… or just doesn’t want to come,” Starfire said.

“Robin was not one to walk away from a fight. I’m sure Nightwing isn’t either. In the meantime, we have breakfast and figure out our next move,” Rachel assured, thinking about what exactly their next move should be. It would be a whole lot easier if she knew what exactly Deathstroke wanted. Attacking an abandoned stadium seemed pointless to her.

Garfield leaned into the kiss with his cheek, firmly holding his plate of food so that it wouldn’t fall. “You know it baby!” He was glad to have done good by them and was paying little attention to Starfire’s expression, being too wrapped up with his food.

Gar was normally a quick eater but the talking in between slowed him down to 2 waffles per minute instead of 3. “No way Robin isn’t coming to help out. He’s gonna call back any second and be like” He swallowed a strawberry leaves and all before doing his best impression.

“Don’t worry Kory I’m here now.”
“Oh Nightwing we couldn’t have done it without you”

Garfield then used his hands to kiss while making kissing noises. “We beat up Slade, save Terra, the end and we get some pizza afterwards.” He suggested before stuffing a great helping of the egg substitute with cheese in his mouth.

Rachel had a large piece of waffle in her mouth, so instead of a snide remark to Gar’s impressions and kissing hands, she clocked him lightly upside the head.

Starfire, however, giggled at it and shook her head. “I do not believe our reunion will be as intimate.”

Garfield’s “plan” made it sound so easy. Rachel hoped it could be that simple. She chewed on her waffle, heaven on a plate, and thought about their next move.

“Too bad we can’t just give Slade a call and invite him for breakfast,” Rachel said, which was meant as a joke but then she had an idea from it. “Deathstroke is trying to stay incognito here in Jump City. What if we inform the public that he’s here and dangerous. Maybe it’ll snuff him out of hiding.”

Garfield fortunately swallowed his food right before he was hit by Rachel, gentle but of course he had to react or he wouldn’t be himself. He rubbed the back of his head with puppy eyes, holding in laughter but it got loose after a few seconds.

“You know maybe we should try that, but no one knows what he looks like without that suit thing on. It’s like with Batman.” Gar pointed out. “He could be some normal dude that no one knows about outside the bad stuff.”

It didn’t take long for his plate to be completely good free while they continued talking about Slade/Deathstroke. Before they came to a conclusion however, the elevator behind them slide open.

Out walked a lean but muscular man in a blue and black costume with a mask on. “Am I at the right T-shaped building?” He said with a familiar but lighter tone. Garfield’s ears twitched and he turned towards the noise with a friendly demeanor.

“No way, is that Beast Boy and Raven? Who would’ve thought...” Nightwing said as Garfield rose to greet his old friend. “Robin! We thought you were busy with some other stuff.” The two approached each other “Yeah I took care of it no problem. I mean come on, they were no harder to fight than the Hive-“

Before the two could reach a position to high five, Nightwing was ambushed by the super speed of the Tamaranian Princess who was so glad to see him. Gar nudged Rachel “Not intimate huh?” He whispered with a huge smile.

Rachel had not seen Robin in three years, and from what she could see he was the most changed out of all of them. No longer in his colorful getup, but now dressed to match the night sky. Made sense with the new name too. And here they all were in flour-stained wear.

She was about to approach too, but a blur of pink zoomed ahead of her and tackled him.

“You’re here!” Starfire cried, unable to hold back her excitement. “I was so worried when you didn’t answer my call, but you’re here! I just knew you come!”

Rachel walked next to Gar, and whispered back to him, “You hear that? She knew he was coming.”

Starfire finally released the hug, and Rachel noticed that the flour on Starfire did not transfer of to Nightwing costume, as if the flour knew he was too cool for that. “Are you hungry? Beast Boy made us a glorious breakfast as reward for my passing his test.”

It took all of Dick’s strength to not hit his head against the floor when Starfire tackled him in a monstrous hug. Unsurprisingly he had gotten stronger ever since he and Kory reconnected due to her natural strong nature. To put it mildly sometimes she didn’t know her own strength.

“Hey hey no need to cry Kory, you’re supposed to be happy. Of course I was coming, you called me didn’t you?” Dick hugged her and brushed a few of her tears away.

The reunited couple got up and Garfield laughed a little, nodding his head. “I think she’s way happier for some reason.” He admitted while they all walked towards the kitchen.

“Beastie made breakfast and a mess? Nothing much has changed with him I guess.” Dick said while grabbing himself a plate and putting a couple waffles on with some banana slices. “So Raven.”

He took a bite out of his waffle and his eyes drifted between her and Garfield with a growing smirk. “I see you handle your emotions pretty well nowadays, or so a little birdie told me.”

Garfield was quick to throw his hands up. “I don’t remember telling you anything.” He protested, thinking that Nightwing was referring to him.

"Oh did you now?" Rachel asked slowly, looking pointedly at Starfire who did not seem at all phased. Looking back at Nightwing, she simply shrugged and said, "I'm working on it. It grew tiresome to hide them away all the time."

"I forgot to tell you, Dick! Raven wants to be called Rachel now," Starfire butted in, standing right beside him but giving him space to eat.

"Actually," Rachel thought about it. After being so adamant about being called Rachel for years, she found that she actually appreciated being called Raven again. After all, Gar had said she doesn't have to give up her superhero life to be normal. Perhaps the same goes with her name. "Both names are fine. Rachel was just a cover anyway." She reached out and held Gar's hand. "Looks like you had a lifestyle change too. Green and red not cutting it for you anymore... Dick?" She asked with an added grin at the end.

It took a couple of seconds but Garfield quickly figured that Rachel nor Nightwing was talking about him in particular so he decided it would be best to not embarrass himself further.

“I’m glad to hear that, you know these waffles are delicious.” Dick pointed out while swallowing the second bite of his first waffle. It wasn’t surprising to hear that Raven was now Rachel, knowing after their original disbandment that they went on the live more “normal” lives.

Garfield eyes widened at Starfire, not understanding if Dick referred to an inside joke or something. When Rachel said it as well he knew that it was Nightwing’s name. Like his actual name.

Dick pinched the bridge of his nose and rubbed his face, having seen Beast Boy’s expression with knowledge of what was coming next.

Gar stopped any further conversation from anyone else so that he could speak. “W-wait-“ a quick snort left his nose while holding Rae’s hand. “You’re telling me, that your name is Dick?” He bursted out in wheezing laughter, bending over and holding his stomach with his free hand.

Dick looked over at Rachel and sighed. “See what you started? And when did you start smiling so much?” His face quickly changed to a smirk while Garfield was still laughing.

Gar stopped when Rachel said something about it, catching his breath after unnecessary amount of comedy. “Okay okay, sorry. Phew.”

Nightwing finished up his waffles and started on the strawberries. “So what do call you now?” He asked Beast Boy.

Garfield smiled “I mean you can call me leader of the Titans Prime.” Earning an eye roll from his partner and a chuckle from Nightwing. “Dude it doesn’t matter what you call me. Beast Boy, Beastie, Garfield, Gar, I’m just happy to see you dude.”

Nightwing let out another little chuckle before finishing up his food. “Yeah, I’m glad to see you guys too.” He put the plate in the sink and wiped his hands off. “I guess now’s a good time to talk about Slade.”

Watching the look on Gar’s face when realization hit was priceless, Rachel couldn’t hide the smile on her face.

“I do not understand what is so funny. Dick is a great name,” Starfire declared defensively while Gar started wheezing.

At Nightwing’s admonishment, Rachel tried to wrangle in her smile. “I’m not starting anything. I agree with Star, Dick is a great name. I’m just…happy to see you.” She cleared her throat and nudged Gar to stop.

Rachel rolled her eyes at Garfield’s comment, still trying to rid herself of her smile. It was wiped clean off her face the moment Slade was mentioned.

“Speaking of name changes, he goes by Deathstroke now. According to the internet he’s become a sort of villain for hire in Gotham. Hear anything about that?”

Nightwing walked over to the couch and sat down looking at the giant screen before him. “Yeah I knew about the name change and I’ve done a little research with Batman.” Dick pulled up a map of Gotham in the screen.

Garfield sat on one side of Nightwing with Rachel, watching the screen change at an impressive rate. “This thing is insanely smooth, Cyborg must’ve reworked this thing.” Nightwing muttered to himself.

“His real name is Slade Wilson and I know we’ve found him stationed in Gotham here, here, and here.” There were highlighted locations and buildings that Deathstroke’s equipment had been found in.

“Now Slade isn’t stupid-“ Garfield interrupted “I mean he did come back to Jump City.” Expecting a scolding he was about to say sorry but Nightwing smiled. “Gar’s right. He’s stupid for coming back to our city. That’s why after some research of Jump City’s real estate, thanks Kory.”

Nightwing made a few swipes across the screen and a map of Jump City popped up. “I’ve narrowed down his most likely locations to be either here or here.” One circle was amidst a vacated area close to the harbor nowhere near a Lex Luthor owned place while the other was next to the bridge.

“Sweet! So we each go down there to those places and we beat him up problem solved.” Gar said standing up but Nightwing shook his head. “No.”

It was a firm statement that radiated leadership, a feeling Dick hadn’t experienced in years. “We’re not splitting up, we’ll go as a team to each location and take him down together. Anyone disagree?” He looked around.

“As long as we get to kick some one eyed butt I don’t care” Garfield said with a smile on his face, prepared to get his friend back.

Starfire took a seat on Nightwing's other side, in awe at the quick precision of his work. He wasn't there more than an hour and already he had new ideas and new hope for the team.

Rachel too was admiring his work, but also at how he had evolved. Robin always was a great leader, but his leadership style has changed a bit. She liked that he made sure everyone was in agreement about the plan instead of just telling them what they were going to do, even though she wasn't in disagreement. He wasn't the boy trying to prove himself anymore.

She was still worried about Gar's mindset when it came to defeating Slade and saving Terra, she wanted to be there for him and to make sure he didn't do something he might later regret. Starfire seemed to be of a similar mindset, stating, "We just became a team again. Why would we separate now?"

Rachel nodded in agreement. "We stay together. Slade is clever to face alone, and he isn't alone either. Terra is still seeing things his way, and there's a good chance we'll have to fight her until we're able to free her."

Starfire shook her head. "I do not wish to fight her again. The last time we were too late saving her and she turned to stone. Is there not something we can do to remind her we are her friends?"

Rachel thought about it for a moment. "I can try to reach her mind and show her, but it will be difficult and painful for her if she doesn't willingly open up to me."

Garfield was impartial about his friend’s opinions, knowing they didn’t think Terra could be saved. Nightwing put a hand on his shoulder and nodded. “We’ll make sure she’s alright, I promise.”

After that Dick stepped away and headed towards the elevator with the others, anticipation as the doors slid open revealing the roof. “First we’ll head to the location closest to the harbor.” He explained while they stepped out.

After a few moments of silence Nightwing finally spoke. “Alright Titans, let’s do this.” He ran towards the edge preparing to jump, knowing Starfire would catch him so they could fly together, as Beast Boy turned into a Mushu.

Garfield flew to Rachel’s shoulder and they all flew towards the location as indicated by their returned leader. “Man it’s good to be back!” Gar yelled out as Nightwing had to double take at him.

“Is that a dragon or am I losing it?” Dick was genuinely shocked and impressed, making it a point to let his teammate know. “That’s awesome Beast Boy.”

Gar felt a little proud that someone else was happy with his progress and grinned, leaning against Rachel’s neck with his arm. “You know how I am. Just a awesome dude.” He tried to be as nonchalant as possible.

They all arrived to the harbor which held shipping containers, a warehouse, and a couple of toll booths. “Alright. Here’s good.” Starfire landed them all on the roof of a warehouse and Nightwing began talking. “I have a feeling he’ll be in the warehouse in a discreet part so we’ll have to be a little quiet if we want to keep the element of surprise.”

With a quick change into their uniforms, they followed Nightwing up and out of the T-shape tower, Starfire more than happy to carry Nightwing as they flew to their destination.

Rachel flew alongside the little dragon form that Gar had obviously grown fond of. As he accepted the compliment from Nightwing, Rachel remarked, “Don’t boost his ego too much, I’ve seen that head much bigger than this and it is terrifying,” hinting at the two much larger dragons she knew he could be.

It was a cloudy day to begin with, but being close to the water at the harbor made the air foggy and difficult to see more than a few feet past their faces. This could either be an advantage or disadvantage, Rachel thought as she looked around.

Not getting much leeway with her eyes, she shut them and tried to sense the location with the least amount of presence. The harbor wasn’t crowded, but it was busy with workers loading and unloading containers.

“A little further North,” Rachel said quietly. “There’s a warehouse none of the workers are going inside.” She led the way to which she spoke, staying close to the rooftops to avoid wandering eyes.

The warehouse in question looked much like all the other warehouses, only the windows were boarded up. As Raven sensed, there was nothing coming in or out.

“Do you think it could be a trap?” Starfire asked.
“I can’t sense anything inside. Could be nothing,” Raven said.

Garfield had always disliked the fog and the fact that it removed one of his favorite senses. At the very least he could smell anything strange with the lack of sight, but Nightwing had other plans.

As they followed Raven, Nightwing thought of a plan to properly have Slade and Terra dispatched with haste. When Raven spoke on not being able to sense Slade he knew that meant nothing. “It’s his armor.” Nightwing explained. “The Nth metal has some magical negation but you’re powerful enough that a direct blast would still hurt him, but you just can’t sense him.”

Firstly they needed a reliable way to see and detect Slade with all this fog. Luckily he knew just the hero for the job. “Beast Boy, you know what a basilisk is right?”

Garfield squeezed his scaly temples and rubbed them. “Uhhh is that the lizard or the myth one.” He asked.

Nightwing smiled “I think you know which one I mean.” Without a moments notice, Beast Boy floated away from the group and transformed into basically a 15 foot long snake, as thick around as a metal girder.

“Now with Beast Boy’s infrared vision and smell, he’ll be able to watch around us to prevent any ambushes from the fog. Starfire I need you to stay on the ground with me so that we can overwhelm Slade. Raven we can have you watch the sky’s and be our longer range attacker for Terra’s attacks.” Nightwing broke down the plan for his team as they surveyed the area.

Garfield kept on his toes…his tail as he slithered around the group, checking every corner and smelling the air around them. There was a stack of about 10 containers and Beast Boy came to a stop. “Wait, that one over there smells like a bunch of…dirt?”

Nightwing smiled and pulled his batons from his back and nodded towards the shipping container. “Raven, why don’t you open this can up for us?” When the doors where blown open there sat a rock carving of Beast Boy laughing along with Raven and Starfire further in the back.

“I thought Batman would’ve taught you better!” Slade fell from above, knowing that Raven was no longer patrolling above them and went to strike Nightwing with his sword. His quick reactions helped party the villain and roll away. “I though you would’ve learned not to talk before attacking.”

”Maybe I was the distraction all along?” Slade chuckled as a group of boulders hurled towards the team. Beast Boy used his tail to smash a few while Nightwing evaded the ones that weren’t smashed by his teammates. Gar took a good look around for Terra, disregarding his sense of smell due to how much dirt covered the harbor now. “Rae! She’s over there!” He pointed with his tail towards a separate group of shipping containers that Terra was standing atop.

Raven listened to Nightwing's plan, taking to the sky above the rest of her teammates as they moved forward. It worried her that she wouldn't be able to detect Deathstroke, probably not Terra either. She would have to resort to her own eyes like everyone else, and Gar's Basilisk senses. The smell of dirt confirmed that they were on the right track, and Raven floated down to open the container door. She brought her hands together, before whipping them apart, the doors copying her motions.

Disarmed by the statue of Beast Boy staring right back at them, Raven did not see the oncoming attack of Deathsroke. Thanks to Nightwing's quick reflexes, she did not get harmed. Starfire lit her hands to go help Nightwing, the light allowing Raven to see the two other statures of herself and Starfire. Terra is mocking our past. She does remember, Raven thought just before boulders collided with the statues, destroying them.

Gar's voice snapped her out of it, and she turned to see Terra standing on a container only a bit away. "About time you got here, I was starting to think you were too dumb to figure it out," Terra said.

Raven tried to stick to Nightwing's plan, lifting herself in the air, keeping her distance but leveling herself with Terra. "If you truly remember everything, you know we are just trying to help you, just like we always have."

Starfire meanwhile was fighting alongside Nightwing. She was trying to get behind him so that he would have to block attacks from two opposite sides, but he was not allowing himself to be cornered, dodging out of every tight spot. With the melee combat, Starfire didn't want to accidentally hit her teammate. Fed up with the constant dodging, Starfire took to the sky, hoping to get an attack from above. Anticipating her movements, Deathstroke blocked other batons from Nightwing with one sword, and with the other slashed Starfire's leg, the impact tripping her up and dropping her to the ground.

"Your team has grown predictable. I was hoping this would be more of a challenge," Deathstroke said disapprovingly to Nightwing, trying to get under his skin as he went for a roundhouse kick.

Copying her mentor, Terra lifted a large chunk of Earth and roundhouse kicked it towards Raven. Raven reflected the rock towards a storage container, creating a large metallic clanging noise. An idea popped into Raven's head. Terra needs Earth, without it she is powerless. If they could get her away from the dirt, maybe then she can knock some sense into her. She looked to Gar and projected her voice in his mind, We need to trap Terra in a storage container.

Nightwing hadn’t directly fought Slade since they were younger, Bruce having been the first to encounter him since his unknown resurrection. He even admitted Deathstroke bested him which Dick had never done.

Since his rebirth Slade had grown stronger, faster, and more skilled. Not to mention the increased abilities the Nth metal gave him. Nightwing tossed all of those facts aside as he rolled backwards avoiding the roundhouse kick. He had a team now. It wasn’t just Slade against him, it was Slade against them.

“It’s a shame you’re going to lose to such predictable opponents then.” Nightwing said while tapping batons together and charging Slade so that Starfire could recover. He matched each sword’s slash with his blunt weapons and kicked Deathstroke in his chest, gaining ground on the assassin.

Beast Boy was making his way towards Raven and heard her in his mind loud and clear. You get the container and I’ll get to her! He responded as he turned into the Beast. Running on all fours he approached the containers that Terra was sitting atop and she threw car sized earth at him.

Of course he jumped from rock to rock, evading anything that got too close and throwing the smaller ones. “Terra you gotta let us help!” He pleaded before catching a rock to the chest due to his negligent talking. “I told you to leave me alone!”

Beast Boy’s body slide across the asphalt and he laid still as more earth was packed on top of him like a castle being built. He felt the weight increase on his body, squeezing his form before the rocks went silent, all that could be heard were the others fighting.

Terra looked over at Raven a bit angry but slightly apologetic. “I-I didn’t mean to hurt him…” She quivered though unknown to the two girls, he had turned into a little green work that was wiggling his way through the crevices of the rocks.

Raven had her focus on lifting up an empty storage container when she heard rocks crashing off to her left. She turned just in time to see green being crushed by brown, one rock after another. In that moment she didn't think to check if he was life, not even to sense his breathing. Just the fact alone that he might not be alive was enough. Slowly Raven turned to face Terra, her pitiful excuses igniting the flames inside her.

"You didn't mean to?" Rachel asked, two more eyes popping open on her forehead. "After you buried him stone by stone," she threw a rock back at Terra. "By stone by stone by stone..." at each stone she throw one at Terra and grew larger and larger, her voice being joined by a much darker one. "Then I won't MEAN to bury you!" All the storage containers Terra stood on lifted in the air. Terra jumped onto a rock and flew off, just narrowly dodging a storage container crashing down.

Starfire pulled herself back up on her feet, but immediately regretted it, wincing and holding onto the wall. She looked down at her leg and saw the huge gash, bleeding heavily and preventing her from walking. In front of her Nightwing had just landed a blow on Deathstroke, but she knew he needed help now and fast. Good thing she can fly. Holding her breath, Starfire cauterized her wound with her starbolt, not the first time she had done this but the pain still not something she'd ever get used to. In pain and enraged, she bolted at Deathstroke and tackled into him. The heat of her hands singed Deathstroke's armor and, by the time he got her off of him, left a gaping hole where her hands once were.

Terra jumped off her rock, landing on the ground just as another storage container came her way. She gasped and dove into the ground just as it landed. Raven lifted up another container, ready to strike again when the door of the container swung open. The container was empty metal, and Raven froze. Her plan.

Just then, a collection of stone Terra statues rose from the ground. Raven stopped and looked them over, realizing that they were exact replicas of the Terra turned to stone years ago. "Go ahead, Raven!" Terra's voice called out, not yet seen. "I know you always wanted to destroy me. Do it!"

Raven brought her hands over her eyes, fighting against herself, all held objects let go in the struggle. "No. No I didn't. I don't." One of the statues came to life, the real Terra covered in dirt, and jumped at Rachel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back