• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Band RP.

Nicole groaned as she woke up from another nightmare. I really should've stayed here, she thought. She got up and stretched.

Jim sat on the couch sipping his coffee while watching the news. He was sipping slowly. He heard Nicole coming and smiled slightly. "Morning.." He muttered as she neared him. Suddenly his phone went off with a text message. It was Becca. Jim picked up his phone and gave a sigh reading it before tossing it. "She never comes to the practices and always says sorry!" He said annoyed.

Nicole sniffed the air. "I'm sure she has a good reason. Is that coffee I smell?" She asked. Her stomach started to growl.

He sipped his coffee. "Yes it is. The cups are in the cupboard above the stove. K Cups are in the pantry. You're welcome to anything in this house." He said generously while sitting back trying to wake up.

Nicole smiled softly and hugged him. "I love you, Jim. I don't say that enough. And I really appreciate everything you've done for me." She said. With everything that's happened, I do feel a little shaken up, but Jim really makes me feel better. I'm glad he's here, she thought. Nicole's smile widened.

He was a little surprised by the hug but he returned it. "I love ya too, kid. I'm always here for you." He said with a smile. She meant a lot to him. "So if we become rockstars will you change your name?" He asked with a smirk. "Like Nicki Storm or something?" He just pulled a name from his ass.

Nicole let him go and laughed. "That's the best you've got? I'm disappointed, but no. I don't think I will. Unless that's a requirement?" She asked raising an eyebrow. Nicole went into the kitchen and made herself a cup of coffee.

He laughed. "I literally thought of that as quick as I could. I was thinking about Nikki Sixx from Mötley Crüe." He said and went back to drinking his coffee.

Nicole took a sip of her coffee. "So, what's going on with Adam? Have you talked to him since he left?" She decided to sit next to him on the couch.

He shook his head. "I haven't. He just took off last night and I've not heard from him. "He said he wasn't feeling well so I'm assuming that he might be in the ER." He said as he heard a car pulling into his driveway. Who could that be? He thought standing up. It was Becca pulling in. "A day late and a dollar short as usual. Here comes Becca."

Nicole drank the rest of her coffee. "At least she came. Go easy on her." She said feeling the need to defend the only other female in the group.

Becca walked in with a groan. "I felt the need to come over since it was my day off." She said sitting on the loveseat. "Plus I got up too early soo...." Jim shrugged. He was annoyed already. "So, that doesn't explain why you didn't show up for... what is it now? How many have you missed?" He asked in a slightly snarky tone. "And you're supposed to be one of the best bassists around."

Nicole watched them. "Uh, hey Becca. Would you like some coffee? Jim has some to spare." She asked trying to change the subject.

Becca is one of the best around and she knew it so Jim's comment struck her but she was going to ignore it for the time being. She looked to Nicole. "Yes thank you. I ran out yesterday morning and I'm very irritable." She said wanting to avoid yet another shouting match between she and Jim. Especially since they seemed to happen more and more.

Nicole went to the kitchen and released a breath. One argument avoided, she thought. Nicole made Becca a cup of coffee and handed it to her. "Becca, I'm sure you have a good reason for not coming to the practices, right?" She asked.

Becca took the cup gently so as not to spill it. "Thank you so much." She said while taking a drink. Jim decided to leave it and changed the subject. "Anyway now that you're here I thought I'd tell you that there is going to be a record exec scouting the bands at Kelly's tomorrow night." He said as Becca's eyes widened slightly. "You mean like.... Looking to sign one of them?" She asked. Jim nodded. "Yep. We've got to be on time and set up by 8 o'clock. Which means your ass needs to be on time. Today is the day that we get ourselves mentally prepared. If all goes right then we could go from performing in front of maybe a hundred people at Kelly's to a hundred thousand at let's say.." He tried to think of a big venue. Becca spoke up. "Wembley?" She asked with a smile. Jim laughed. " Yes, like Queen."

Nicole relaxed more. "Do you really think we'll get signed? I mean, I know we're good, but are we that good?" She asked.

"I do. But you're right." He said thinking for a moment. "I think that we are. All we have to do is prove to them that we are. I think that we'll blow the roof off. He said with confidence. Becca chuckled, setting her cup on the coffee table. "That's quite a statement. But we don't have a name for our band. We can't very well go without one. Any ideas oh captain my captain?" She asked with a smile.

Nicole stifled a laugh which came out as a snort. "What about Savage Groove?" She asked. Nicole couldn't judge Jim cuz her name making was just as terrible. Just thinking about it made her want to laugh at herself.

Jim and Becca looked at each other then to Nicole. Jim shrugged with a smile. "I like that. Like a lot." He said as Becca nodded in agreement. "If we get signed we can always change it." Jim stood up. "Then it's settled. Savage Groove it is. How about we go out for breakfast? I'm starved." He said looking at the girls.

Nicole was pleasantly surprised by his response. She smiled. "Sounds great. Maybe we can see if Adam's okay afterwards." She replied.

"Great idea. I'm starved too." Becca said and stretched. Jim walked to his bedroom and shuts the door to get a quick shower in the master bathroom. On the way he texted Adam. You okay, dude? Haven't heard from you at all. We're all worried. We are going to the diner if you want to join us. He sent it and showered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back