• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Tialaas Kalot

Wood Half-Elf

Level 2 Blood Hunter

AC 15

HP 12/18

Walk 35 ft.

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 & Everyone

STR 16 (+3) DEX 16 (+3) CON 13 (+1) INT 19 (+4) WIS 11 (+0) CHA 10 (+0)
Once each threat was systematically taken down by their group’s combined combat prowess, Tialaas relaxed marginally. They’d cut through the opposition with relative ease, though not without consequence. Despite their best efforts, the young girl with animistic traits had been injured by the dark magic released by the fanatics before their respective deaths.
Fitting recompense will always accrue for one's actions.” The Blood Hunter recited quietly to himself in elvish as he lowered his bow to his side, and made his way into the chamber to retrieve his ammunition. Without a pause, he grabbed the badly wounded corpse of his previous target, and with practiced ease, carefully plucked the arrow from the spellcaster’s skull. After cleaning the piercing head of his projectile on the cloth of his trousers, Tialaas slid it into the back of his quiver and moved on to inspect the room. With a simple glance around the space, he noticed a set of stairs that lead down to another area. Not one to leave a stone unturned, the Half-Elf nodded towards the opening as he made eye contact with those unoccupied. After readying his longbow once more with a freshly nocked arrow, Tialaas descended into the lower chamber to inspect its contents.

c o d e b y t r i p l e s
Once each threat was systematically taken down by their group’s combined combat prowess, Tialaas relaxed marginally. They’d cut through the opposition with relative ease, though not without consequence. Despite their best efforts, the young girl with animistic traits had been injured by the dark magic released by the fanatics before their respective deaths.
Fitting recompense will always accrue for one's actions.” The Blood Hunter recited quietly to himself in elvish as he lowered his bow to his side, and made his way into the chamber to retrieve his ammunition. Without a pause, he grabbed the badly wounded corpse of his previous target, and with practiced ease, carefully plucked the arrow from the spellcaster’s skull. After cleaning the piercing head of his projectile on the cloth of his trousers, Tialaas slid it into the back of his quiver and moved on to inspect the room. With a simple glance around the space, he noticed a set of stairs that lead down to another area. Not one to leave a stone unturned, the Half-Elf nodded towards the opening as he made eye contact with those unoccupied. After readying his longbow once more with a freshly nocked arrow, Tialaas descended into the lower chamber to inspect its contents.

• Inula Mallian
    Lvl 2 Dogfolk Bard

Yes! Yes, I did it! Even with that putrid smell and fortunately without dropping my glasses I managed to swiftly move around the cultist and rapier at his palm. Like punching hole in paper, or like that time when you're cutting up a hard vegetable, but suddenly you reach the tip and it slices easier than you were expecting, it went right through his skin and flesh. It was almost creepy how it felt, and that shriek he yelled out made my ears drop to the side as though that would shield them from the noise, or me from the thoughts of the pain he was probably going through because of me. I found myself screaming along with him as he flailed his arm around after dropping his weapon, with me myself also attempting to shake off the rapier. It but a moment or two, but it nonetheless felt like the blade had been encased in stone for a moment.

I breathed heavily while looking at the man I just attacked. I... really didn't want to do it, but I would still probably have to do something about his other hand. To ensure he couldn't use magic. Then, I could talk to them so they could-

"NO!" I yelled out when I saw that arrow with some kind of bright sparks coming from it piercing the skull of the cultist. They, they just killed him! Why? He was practically immobilized already, how could they do something this merciless? I turned my head in an attempt to discover who the culprit was. That elf that just joined us today was lowering his bow after a shot, so I narrowed my eyes in his direction, grumbled a bit, and focused back on the battle as he seemed to be looking at something behind me. Well, I was too late to do anything anyway, as I would soon discover: I only barely managed to see the tiefling I greeted just this morning dodge out of the ways, and the shadowy, semi-transparent claw pass right by her, while another smashed into my chest and dug into my shoulder. I couldn't see any blood or wound when I looked, though I could still feel that piercing pain that had me greeting my teeth. In its place there was a greying patch on my shoulder, as well as what seemed like green roots under the skin around where the claws were pressing. My shoulder was stiffening, and even my blood vessels seemed to stiffen as well, making my body in general harder to move, even my throat felt stuck and my head was like I missed half my sleep hours for a few moments at the time, while everything grew colder.

Then, both Axtis and Hafdan moved back into action, striking down those two remaining cultists, and I fell butt first into the waters on which we stood. My teeth were still gritted, I wasn't even thinking about the smell or what could get dirty anymore, just that pain and stiffness I felt. As the cold feeling and the headaches subsided though, albeit it was still a little painful and I still felt a little drowsy, those other thoughts began flooding back to me.

"Oh no..." I nearly slipped as I dug a claw into the crevices of the walls to pull myself back up in a hurry, and I pulled up my sacks and looked inside. I made sure to protect my books well, but not every piece of paper I prepared made it past sinking into water, nor could I necessarily assure my every ration left would be safe from a potential sewer-water-based infection either. I adjusted my clothes again, and thought about what to do next. The elf seemed to be going down somewhere, but who died and made him leader? I gazed around for alternatives, I finally noticed once again the short tabaxi girl wasn't with us. With a hand kept on my shoulder I headed back to where we entered from and peeked around. "You in there somewhere? Uh..."

It hit me once more, that she never did answer who she was.

okada-manabi-shingeki-no-bahamut-anime-inumimi-3404461-jpeg.790124

Proficiency Bonus: +2
    Hit Points: 7/15
    Hit Dice: 2d8
    Armor Class: 14
    Initiative: +4
    Speed: 30 ft
    Passive Perception: 10
    Spellcasting Ability: Cha
    Spellsave DC: 15
    Spell Attack Bonus: +7

Bardic Inspirations: 5/5

Spells
Cantrips: (2)
*Guidance
*Mending

First Level: (4)
*Command
*Cure Wounds
*Sleep
*Speak With Animals [Ritual]
*Unseen Servant [Ritual]

Items
Equipped:
*Rapier
*Wolf Pelts Leather Armor
*Sack x5
*Common Clothes
*Glasses

Currency:
0 PP
15 GP
37 SP
146 CP

Carrying:
*Calligrapher's Supplies (magical focus, has an effect which magically produces paper)
*Forgery Kit
*Disguise Kit
*Dagger x3
*Ink Pen x5
*Bottle of Ink
*Academy Uniform Robes
*Rations (7 days)
*Glasses
*Chalk x3
*Blanket
*Small Knife
*Candles x10
*Tinder Box
*Rope (silk) (currently with a small reduction in size)
*Mess Kit
*Ladder (10 ft)
*Piton x3
*Parchment x10
*Hammer
*Tumbling Tales of Tom Tomb (book)
*Diary of a Princess (book)
*Practical Analysis of Arcane Script Pt1 (book)

Skills
Saving Throws:
Strength: +1
Dexterity: +5
Constitution: +2
Intelligence: +4
Wisdom: 0
Charisma: +7

Skills:
Acrobatics: +4
Animal Handling: 0
Arcana: +5
Athletics: +1
Deception: +7
History: +4
Insight: 0
Intimidation: +5
Investigation: +5
Medicine: +1
Nature: +4
Perception: +1
Performance: +5
Persuasion: +9
Religion: +4
Sleight of Hand: +4
Stealth: +4
Survival: 0

Passives

Researcher- When you attempt to learn or recall a piece of lore, if you do not know that information, you often know where and from whom you can obtain it. Usually, this information comes from a library, scriptorium, university, or a sage or other learned person or creature. Your DM might rule that the knowledge you seek is secreted away in an almost inaccessible place, or that it simply cannot be found. Unearthing the deepest secrets of the multiverse can require an adventure or even a whole campaign.

Diplomat- If you spend 1 minute talking to someone who can understand what you say, you can make a Charisma (Persuasion) check contested by the creature’s Wisdom (Insight) check. If you or your companions are fighting the creature, your check automatically fails. If your check succeeds, the target is charmed by you as long as it remains within 60 feet of you and for 1 minute thereafter.

Song of Rest: Beginning at 2nd level, you can use soothing music or oration to help revitalize your wounded allies during a short rest. If you or any friendly creatures who can hear your performance spend one or more Hit Dice to regain hit points at the end of the short rest, each of those creatures regains an extra 1d6 hit points.

Interacting With: Lioness075 Lioness075

Mentions: Psychie Psychie dr xenon dr xenon Dethrix Dethrix

Might Also Want To Read: N/A

• fe1fc8bc635f1d4c8cb5daead7293397.png
    N i m a
    Water Genasi - Level 2 Cleric - AC 19 - HP 21/21 - Walk 30 ft - Swim 30 ft
    STR 15 (+2) DEX 8 (-1) CON 18 (+4) INT 13 (+1) WIS* 19 (+4) CHA *11 (+0)

Nima looked around a mild shock, eyes wide and her breaths heavy. In just a matter of seconds, the time it had taken her to run over and smack one of them on the head with her mace, the rest of their enemies had fallen. In such a short time, the room was now covered in blood and bodies, some conscious and some probably beyond that.

Despite this not having taken very long, the Genasi still felt the adrenaline as she slid her mace back into its strap around her belt and swallowed. Something about the situation was scary, but also exhilerating. Talk about bringing swift justice. The small dog-like girl seemed shaken up but most of the others continued their business, whether it was moving on or taking a moment to look through this room. She prefered to move on.

The elf she had encountered before was walking down as well, and Nima followed a few feet behind her. Her chainmail made her feel safe and strong, especially now that she wasn't bound, but she reminded herself of how easily that man had found a way to drive that dagger into her anyway. She definitely kept her guard up, but couldn't help acting a bit more tough now that her other companions were here as well.

"Shame they fell so quickly, yes? I know you prefer hearing your victims scream while you relentlessly torture them" she said out loud while following Tialaas.

Dethrix Dethrix
    Updates Rolls
    none
    Other actions
    none

Users who are viewing this thread

Back