• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Back from hiatus, looking for either platonic or lightly romantic stories

Gossip

Not Afraid of God; Afraid of Man
Hello everyone, I'm Gossip and am back from a two and a half months long hiatus due to a depressive episode. I'm currently looking to write again, and am looking for a patient and likeminded partners to try out often rather unusual plots with me. If you're interested, please leave your comment either here or through a PM, thank you!

I am:
  • A third person, past tense writer.
  • Averaging from two good paragraphs to about ten, depending on inspiration, the current scene, what my partners give me and finally my general enjoyment of the plot and characters.
  • Pretty into character creation, but I tend to build up as I go on, and will most likely swap facts and character histories out of thin air as we chat and write along our way through the plot.
  • I love character interactions and am a pretty psychological writer in reverse to a descriptive one.
  • I have a tendency towards depression, and though I try to warn people, I may disappear for a while if my mind plays tricks on me too suddenly. Apologies in advance.
  • Can play male, female and nonbinary characters of all sexual orientations.
  • Not that much into angst fests, but know that at least SOME drama is good for more in-depth plots.
  • Very patient and ditch friendly, for obvious reasons!
I'm looking for:
  • Someone patient and understanding about the fact that I'm far from consistent in my motivation to write.
  • Someone who writes in third person, past tense.
  • Someone who can consistently post at least two good paragraphs of story advancement and/ or character development goodness
  • Someone who is willing and eager to plot and brainstorm with me, and isn't afraid to take the story through new paths if the mood strikes.
  • Someone who is generally friendly and up for OOC chatter through PMs :)!
With the tedious part done, let's start with the good stuff!

I'm not looking for heavy romance. The story can contain some, but it will only be light and an afterthought/background to the actual plot.

I'm feeling pretty interested in stories involving cultivation/Xianxia or grittier forms of adventure such as Dark Fantasy or Cyber/Biopunk. I would like flawed characters with flawed ideologies living in flawed words and societies. Basically, I want action, intrigue, enemies, traitors and the occasional pissed off deity or divine beast. I also would like to play around with world-building and lore and would be super happy if we ended up with story arcs or interlocked episodic stories.

For something simpler, I'm also interested in writing something like a fairytale or a legend, where good is good and evil always end up being overcome.

I'm interested in bromances and brother or sisterhood, blood or otherwise. I'd really like to make focus on the developing relationship between characters without it immediately turning into True Love or infatuation. Let's take things slow, yes?

I'd also REALLY like to try my hand at genuine enemies, that truly hate each other without it being some kind of badly hidden UST. Let us make true, well-developped villains together!

That said, here are some roles I would like to see interacting together:

Cat Person x Dog Person
Guardian angel x Sociopath/psychopath
Demon x Sociopath/psychopath
Demon x Murderer
Vampire x Necromancer
Tomb Raider x Tomb Guardian
Teacher x Private Tutor OR Delinquent's Parent
Painter x Photographer
City Guard x Knight
Soldier x Conscript
City Thief x Highway Bandit