• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Back after a while - Need new roleplays

MechanicalHeart

Sentient AI
Hello. I've been away from writing for some time. Life was too busy and all. Now I'm still working from home all the time and I just sit here all day looking at my screen. The need to write stories has comer back and I'm looking for people to write them with. It's already late here in Europe and I'm pretty tired. You're probably righjt if you think this isn't the best time to start a thread. I just wanted to get something out there for all of you who get up later (or earlier tomorrow) and hopefully I'll have some replies by the time I get up. Spiffy, eh?

• What I expect:
    • Actually contribute to the story. No excuses. If you just catch up to where I left off with my post and then wait for me to add more plot so you can just catch up again, I will lose interest in about a week tops. I understand if you do it occasionally because you have writer's block but still wanted to post, but don't make a habbit out of it.
    • Be 18+.
    • Remember to have fun. That's why we are here. Right?
    • That was all for the preferences, but I wanted to have four objects in my liost for unknown reasons.

What can you expect:
    • Multiple characters and NPC's
    • Multiple paragraphs of content
    • Plot advancement
    • Plot twists
    • A walking encyclopedia filled with sarcasm and memes.

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever heard of biopunk before, but having googled it it sure sounds interesting! Are you still looking for a partner?

I don't think I've ever heard of biopunk before, but having googled it it sure sounds interesting! Are you still looking for a partner?
I am. And yeah, biopunk is an often unheard of genre although you see hints of it frequently when people want to do characters which are escaped lab subjects or something.

I'm interested in fantasy (or, any setting that makes sense for my guy to exist in the first place). Are you still looking for a partner ?

That's certainly an original creature. How did you think of something like that?
My chinese horoscope is the pig, my zodiac sign is the scorpion, and taur creatures (not just centaur) always really got me fascinated. So there he is, Jin.
That, and I guess I have some... uncommon way of thinking that's different from others (not saying mine is better, just usually different).

My chinese horoscope is the pig, my zodiac sign is the scorpion, and taur creatures (not just centaur) always really got me fascinated. So there he is, Jin.
That, and I guess I have some... uncommon way of thinking that's different from others (not saying mine is better, just usually different).
So a Scorpid Pig centaur was created. Can't say that isn't creative. So, what's your RP style like? Or would you prefer to continue this conversation via PM?

So a Scorpid Pig centaur was created. Can't say that isn't creative. So, what's your RP style like? Or would you prefer to continue this conversation via PM?
I usually RP in 3rd person, but present tense because it's much easier for me than past tense.
I also write dialogues like this...

Jin : You alright man ?
[Name] : Define "alright".
Jin : ... Right.

This way I can tell who's saying what, so less risks of me misunderstanding something.

Hey, I don't particularly like writing in Fandom but I can see that we like and read a lot of the same things (LOTR, Star Wars, Escape from Tarkov, Grimgar, Cowboy Bebop). I'm also just now starting a 2 week quarantine so I have a lot of time on my hands at the moment (I don't have the 'rona, but I'm in the military so this happens a lot)

I write like I'm writting a novel because I'm always working on my own stories on the side.
Do you have any original worlds you would want to RP in? Otherwise, I've been worldbuilding a ww1 punk (on a fictional, non earth world) that wouldn't need too much explaining and is pretty flexible.

I'm also interested in straight up fantasy, punk, and Sci fi role plays

If you really wanted to do a Fandom RP, I would do Star Wars, Escape from Tarkov, or Grimgar any day.

I usually RP in 3rd person, but present tense because it's much easier for me than past tense.
I also write dialogues like this...

Jin : You alright man ?
[Name] : Define "alright".
Jin : ... Right.

This way I can tell who's saying what, so less risks of me misunderstanding something.
That would be a bit confusing for me, actually. I usually write in 3rd person past tense.

You could say that, though Diesalpunk is more like ww2. If you've seen Violet Evergarden, it's a little more like that, with vehicles not playing as big of a part in land battles.

However, the world could work with diesalpunk too
I haven't watched Violet Evergarden yet. Didn't even know it was a war story.

Well, I like fantasy settings for rp's.
Well, D&D certainly is that. Do you know the entire multiverse behind it or just the sword coast setting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back