• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Awakening (private with SleepyBuddha)

Norman muses on the idea. It was certainly a possibility given how little they understood whatever had happened to them. Norman resolved to capture the next intruder alive and get information from them by any means. Before heading to bed Norman rigged a rudimentary claymore to the front door, the only proper way into or out of the building, with a wire so that it would activate if the door was opened during the night. Paranoia and training had keep him and his squad alive through the worst the enemy could throw at them. He wasn’t about to think he was safe just because he was home.

Sierra falls asleep quickly, but her dreams are full of fear again, so she wakes up pretty frequently throughout the night. Calamity helps some by getting into bed with her, which is nice. Once she wakes up, she changes into a simple green T-shirt and jeans, and quietly stalks to the kitchen, not knowing if Norman is asleep, and not wanting to wake him if he is.

Norman’s night was equally filled with fear and terror as the nightmares descended upon him once again. Visions of his friends and family gunned down or torn apart in an explosion plagued him until he eventually gave up on sleep only getting about 4 hours of sleep again. Since he had resolved to stay up he removed the trap on the door and brewed took a shower.

by the time Sierra came into the kitchen Norman was already drinking his second cup of coffee. “ Morning.” He said simply.

She smiles weakly, waving to him. “Morning.” She says, going to get some coffee for herself as well. She’s really sore this morning, so she grabs some painkillers from her bag, and takes those down as well, sitting at the table with him. “So, when’s your appointment scheduled for?”

“ A few days from today. They recommended spending time with family and loved ones before hand in an attempt to help balance me out. I’m fairly certain they think the stress made me insane.” Norman said finishing his coffee. Now that they were both awake they could begin breakfast.
“ Let’s see... I have deer jerky, some Little Debbie’s fudge rounds, there some water and soda in a cooler. Probably some eggs in there as well if you want.” Norman suggested as he began chewing on some jerky.
“ what’s with the pills? I don’t recall you getting hurt.”

“Oh, I’m fine, just sore is all. By back isn’t very good, so it tends to hurt a lot the day after carrying a lot of stuff for a long time.” She says, throwing some eggs into a pan, and starts frying them. “Yay for high protein foods.”

Calamity starts crying, rubbing against Sierra’s legs, looking up at her. Sierra looks down at her. “Why? Why do you want eggs?” She asks, laughing softly. “I love this cat, but she can just be ridiculous.”

“ The ridiculous ones always mane for the best friends.” Norman said with a smile as he scooped up Calamity so She could watch the eggs.

Sierra chuckles, adding another egg to the pan. “True. And this one didn’t get her name for nothing. Did you?” SIerra is just watching the eggs attentively. “She Just loves getting into trouble. She’s had enough burnt paws by now that she won’t try to grab the eggs from the pan, but once they’re off, if I don’t give her one, she’ll try to snatch them.”

“My goodness, quite the trouble maker ain’tcha?” Norman said as he carried Calamity over to her food bowl which was filled up with deer jerky.
“ Maybe that will keep you content for now?” he asked the cat as he set her down. Norman took a seat as the dining table as he continued to eat his own deer jerky as he watched Sierra work.

Calamity does start chewing on the jerky, and Sierra finishes soon, putting her eggs on a plate, and bringing the last to Calamity. “You want some too?” She asks Norman, as the cat happily starts lapping up the yolk.

Norman shakes his head, “ Nah I’m fine, I’ll get into eggs later. We should prepare for a hunt.” Norman said as he finished the last of the jerky in that package. “ Other that that there are some other chores we need to deal with.”

Sierra nods. “Right.” She says, thinking about what kind of animals might live in this forest as she eats quickly. This is gonna be interesting. And Norman’s style of hunting is probably very different than hers.

Once they both had enough breakfast Norman lead Sierra out of the house to a small shed a few feet from his home. Past the simple padlock that functioned to keep curious animals at bay was Norman’s workshop. This is the place Norman stashed his sizable collection weapons, ammo, armor, and various explosives. With a smile and a contented sigh as he gazed at culmination of years of effort Norman the picked up his M4 long rifle, and strapped on his pistol to his thigh and two extra magazines for reloads.

Sierra goes to her gear that she brought with her, grabbing a shovel, a long length of rope, a knife, and a large bag full of various bottles. She heads out with Norman, smiling at him. “This’ll be a lot of fun.” She says, obviously excited to get going.

Norman smiles back, I couldn’t agree more. Wanting to keep things quiet for the hunt Norman uses their shared ability to chat with Sierra as they slowly but surely hiked through the backwoods of the area. Norman made sure to tell her where his traps were as trapping us normally how he hunted, but his training and paranoia made leaving his home without being prepared for a fight an impossibility.

Sierra also mainly uses traps, and her knife on things she feels safe getting in close with. It’s mostly for self defense and finishing off trapped animals, though.. Normally, she’d bring Calamity along, but with the traps Norman has laid down she doesn’t feel safe doing so. She’s very quiet, listening carefully, mainly to the sounds of the birds. They’re a good indicator as to what else might be nearby.

After about 30 minutes of walking Norman decides to take a break and finds a downed tree to sit on. So far his traps managed to snag 2 squirrels but that’s hardly a meal. If they wanted to get big game they would need luck and patience. So Norman decided it would be best to sit and wait for a bit. Let silence reign and the animals think nothing is going on in the forest.

Sierra sits next to him, starting to pull bottles out of her bag. “So, what tends to live around here?” She asks. “I’ve got some attractants, and some repellents.

Norman thinks for a moment, “ Whitetail deer, bobcats, squirrels, snakes, beavers. General woodland critters.” Norman explains. He’s rather enjoying the peace and quiet of the forest.

Sierra nods, putting most of the vials back in her bag, getting up to add a few drops of one to a tree. “There. Hopefully that’ll draw some of the deer.”

Norman nodded as he marveled at whatever liquid was in the vial. His grandfather used to tell him something about scents that attract deer. Such as the urine of a female in heat would attract a buck from way on out. Norman was content with how he hunted because it was just enough to live off of.
“ Wonderful! Now we wait.” Norman said telepathically.

She nods, sitting next to him, and closing her eyes, crossing her legs under her as she listens for any changes in sound from the forest. It’s peaceful here. It reminds her of before everything got so complicated.

Eventually the forest resumes its normal activity. Seemingly having forgotten about the two interlopers that had disturbed it in the first place. Birds fly about. Squirrels can be heard barking and running about. Attacked by the scent a young buck can be heard investigating the area. It knows the dangers of this time of year so it approaches carefully, but is unaware of the pair of hunters.

Sierra tenses up. “There.” She says into his mind, pointing out the buck. Finally. That’ll give them the meat they need for a good while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back