• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Awakening (private with SleepyBuddha)

“But that’s exactly the lesson to learn from it. Don’t be impatient in the pursuit of learning what our condition is. If you rush forward blindly all your doing is making the enemies job easier.”
Norman says as he runs through the woods. His time as a solider and even more so as EOD has given him an appreciation for doing things quickly, but also smartly. One mistake can cost a live, but hesitation can just as easily be one’s demise.

“Enemies?” She asks confusedly, looking at him as her projected form somehow keeps pace with him. “I don’t really have-“ Then there’s a panicked cry, and she disappears from beside him.

Back in her apartment, a man with all his skin covered by black clothing has barged into her room, currently attempting to grab her. Calamity shrieks in fury, and leaps at him, clawing at his chest to cling to him, before biting hard.

Sierra, meanwhile, is frozen in terror. The man now wrestling to get the enraged cat off of him has a gun in a holster at his side. She can see it. If she had any sense for how to fight at all, she’d be trying to grab it, but she doesn’t.

Sierra doesn’t have any fighting capability, but Norman does. His instinct to protect his friend and to destroy a threat took over him and allowed him to take over Sierra’s body. It wasn’t as if he knee what her body was capable of as it was he was forcing her body to keep up with him. Norman swiftly took hold of the distracted man’s gun hand and with his free hand threw a haymaker into his nose breaking it instantly. There after while the man was stunned his balks were given a swift and power knee before Norman forced his gun hand behind the man’s back. Now behind the threat Norman gave Jade a moment to detach herself from the threat before a twist in the wrist frees the gun from the man’s hand and a kick in the ass leaves him sprawled on the floor. To finish the threat off picked up the gun and expertly shot the man in the chest twice before looking to Jade and saying, “ Call the police.”

taking a step back from Sierra he gives her a ghost hug and asks, “ Are you alright?”

Sierra is way, way too scared to refuse help, just feeling herself go through the motions. She collapses to the ground as soon as he lets go of her, sobbing and shaking. Jade just stares at her fearfully, but nods numbly, grabbing her phone and running out of the room. Calamity ran under the bed at the sound of the gunshots, but slowly comes out, rubbing against Sierra to try and calm her.

“Holy fuck, I just killed someone.” Sierra whispers, the words coming out choked and trembling. “I-what do I-“ she picks up Calamity, holding the cat to her chest, and looks up at Norman. “Thanks… guess I do have enemies.” She tries to joke, but can’t bring herself to smile. Not with a corpse laying within five feet.

“ Hey, Hey. Look at me. I killed him. Not you. Your body did it, but I’m responsible for your actions.” Norman said trying to soothe her. Though it was quite prevalent to him that this is probably a lot like multiple personalities.
Norman himself was pushing his body as far as it could go in an effort to work through the anger and guilt at what he had put her through.

She takes a deep breath. “Right… right.” She licks her lips. “Thanks for that… why the fuck is this happening, who would want to hurt me?” She’s slowly coming down from the panic attack, forcing herself to try and think rationally.

Jade comes back with a cup that smells strongly of mint. “H-here…” She says, hesitantly holding it out to Sierra, who looks up at her with a searching expression. “Jade… you let him in, didn’t you? He knocked, you said it was food, and you left… why didn’t you scream?”

Jade just stands there, not knowing what to say to what sounds like an accusation.

Norman was also quite curious about that. Though not actually there he watches the woman carefully. Ready to step in once more if she turned out to be a threat.
Norman himself had just arrived home and was currently cooling off.

Jade swallows. “Sierra… I-I didn’t-“ She stutters, shaking. Sierra takes a long, slow breath. “Jade. Did you, or did you not let a man into the house knowing he was coming to kill me.” “No! They- they never said they’d-“ she sobs, starting to cry. “They never said they’d hurt you!” Sierra looks down, gritting her teeth. She needs to be rational, but it’s so hard. Jade’s been her roommate for nearly a year. This hurts.

“ Ask her when they contacted her. How long has this been going on?” Norman suggested as he began getting ready to take a shower and clean the sweat off. He needed to calm himself off before he started wondering if they somehow knew about him. The last thing he needed was for his house to be attacked. Luckily he had a lot of property and was prepared for unwelcome visitors.

“How long?” Sierra asks. “I… four months. They said you were at risk for a mental condition they wanted to study. And yesterday you said you were hallucinating, so… I told them. Sierra, I’m so sorry! They said they just wanted to talk and run some tests!” Sierra takes a few deep breaths. “Right… and I’m assuming you haven’t called the police. They wouldn’t have let you off the line this quick. So I’ll do that.” She says, getting her phone from her desk, and sitting on the bed to make the call.

Norman’s paranoia begins kicking into high gear. How in the hell did they find her so quickly? It seemed like they suspected something was different about her and had been keeping an eye on her just in case. Why though? None of this was making sense, but Norman decided to play it safe and go into lock down. His ‘gifts’ we’re already prepared. He still had his orders to see the shrink, and that was going to be their only opportunity to do anything to him.

Jade stands awkwardly at the door, while Sierra gets settled on the bed. “Go drink your tea, Jade. Just... leave me alone.” She says softly. Jade nods, closing the door. Sierra calls 911, appearing next to Norman. “How… how could they be aware of it before we were?” She mutters. “I should go camping. Somewhere remote. I’ll be safer there.”

Norman thinks for a moment as he continues to work securing his remote home in case of unwanted guests. “ If you like you can come here. I’ve got enough supplies that can lasts two people months. I used to think my squad mates were idiots when they convinced me to buy all this. Now they’re among the few I know I can rely on.”

Sierra nods. “Sounds good. I’ll drop Calamity with my parents first though. We shouldn’t have to worry about a cat, and I don’t trust Jade to care for a goldfish right about now.” She says, starting to give her report to the police. She’s playing up the panic a little bit, to make it make more sense. She’s already worried that the autopsy will show her being much more skilled than she is.

“ Do you plan to drive here or fly? “ Norman asked as he already began planning a spot for her. He didn’t have a guest room, his home wasn’t big enough for that, but he did have a comfortable couch he planned to sleep on.

“Drive. Better to make it harder to tell where I’m going. If they had Jade watching me, and they’re sure enough to send a hit man… they’ll probably try to follow me where I go next. Here’s hoping my parents are safe… maybe I shouldn’t go there. Fuck, this is all just insane.” She mutters, trying to figure out a way to keep everyone safe.

“ It would probably be best not to visit family right now. They’re certain to be watching them. There are certain sacrifices one has to make if they want to be completely impervious. Close ties are a sure fire weakness, but they’re also what keep us human.” In his anxiousness Norman checks and double checks all the weapons he has around the house. Some displayed others hidden. He begins with the displayed weapons and begins cleaning them inside and out. After what happened to Sierra Norman was certain that he and his family was also being watched.
Norman had never to type of person that enjoyed the company of people. He even kept his own family somewhat at arms length. He just found it hard to relate and empathize. That’s why he enjoyed taking things apart and fixing things. He could fix things. People’s problems were a lot harder to deal with.

When nods. “Yeah… and Calamity probably saved my life. She’s a good kitty.” The police finally arrive at her apartment, and she’s shocked with how easy it is to hold two separate conversations, one with them, and one with Norman. “Maybe we could keep her with us?” She suggests hopefully. It’s his place, and he’s more experienced, so she’ll do what he says on the topic.

Norman thinks for a moment as he continues working, “ Yeah, sure you can bring her. She’ll have to learn how to feed herself from the wild, but I don’t think it’ll be too hard. Cats are self sufficient like that.” Norman decides. If they really had to they could go into town and get supplies. Though never the same place twice.

SIerra nods. “Oh, I can hunt. Not well, but enough to feed a cat for sure.” She says, as the police are trying to get all the remaining information, and suggesting she stay elsewhere. Good, that was her intention. She’s already trying to map out an erratic way to not be followed.

“ Then we’re agreed. Let me know when you get close.” Norman then puts all his attention on his weapons and pulls back from Sierra. They had the beginnings of a plan, but there was simply too much they didn’t know, and they had no way to gain more knowledge. Not without taking some risks that is.

“Yep. I still don’t know exactly where you are, but I know the state. That should be good enough for now.” She says, taking out a paper map. “I’ll start hiking once I get within fifty miles. At my average speed, that’s ten hours. Easy enough, and harder to track me if I’m on foot.”

Norman nodded in agreement, he had honestly expected the girl to be much more frightened and paralyzed by that fear. Yet here she was doing the best that she could do to evade an organization the two of them knew nothing about. Either she adapted a lot quicker than expected or Norman’s first impression of her was a really shallow one.

in the distance a scream could be heard echoing throughout the property. “ Well it seems my night is going to be a long one.” Norman stopped cleaning the gun he had been working on and got geared up. He didn’t know who or what activated the trap. Could be deer or it could be a person.

This is really just the stage after a panic attack where she’s emotionally numb for a while. She gets very productive during this time. She stays next to him, clinching as she hears the scream. “What was that?” She asks worriedly.

Sierra starts packing up her camping supplies, and puts a harness and leash on Calamity, before putting her in a backpack with a hard outer shell, mesh cloth for venting, and a window. There’s more than enough room for the cat to be comfy. Then she leaves her house, unsurprised to see that Jade drank her tea, and is passed out on the couch as a result.

She heads for the bus station, looking for the nearest car rental on her phone.

Now all geared up Norman starts his hike over to where the scream was.
“ Can’t tell what kind of scream it was from that distance. We’ll know more when I get closer.”
Norman explained as he listened carefully to his surroundings. Other than the normal sound of the forest at night he didn’t hear anything particularly strange.
after about 30 minutes of walking without any additional sounds to guide him Norman decides to just check the traps he has in the area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back