• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Awakening (private with SleepyBuddha)

“Well, I’ll be here if you need me.” SIerra says, walking beside him quietly, and trying to get a better sense for the area. She’ll have to walk through here without the traps getting her later, after all. It’s in her best interest to be very attentive.

It took Norman a good 3 hour of wandering through his property checking traps before he found the source of the scream. It had been a person alright, but by the time Norman found the man he had bled out. The animals had long since learned which areas to avoid so as not to fall victim to Norman’s Rambo style of traps. After a great deal of struggle Norman managed to pull the body out only to find no identification of any kind. “ Of course... they probably sent someone expendable to test me like they did you. Nothing left to do, but bury him.”

Thankfully Norman was used to not getting a lot of sleep.

“So they do know it’s you… I wonder how.” She mutters. By now she’s already found, rented, and started driving the car. “This is ridiculous… why are they after us in the first place, not to mention how they got both of us so quickly after we connected.”

“ The only way I can figure is if they’re somehow alerted. I think it’s safe to say with the resources they have at their command we’re not the only ones like this on earth. They have backing even better than the US Military.” Norman said as he began to dig a grave for the man.

“True. They were able to watch you in another country to know when you came back… I wonder if we’ll connect to the others.” She says, watching him dig calmly. More people will die, and that’s something she’ll have to get used to.

“ I have no idea about that last part. I’m still not sure how this all works. I do know that our enemies have more resources than us, and as such we need to disappear and strike them at their weaknesses. First things first we need to cut off their ability to track us. I don’t know what electronics you’re bringing but dump them.” Norman explains has he continues to dig.

Sierra sighs sadly. “Yeah… I suppose while I’m out I could get something with no GPS or internet capabilities, and offload my music into it.” She mutters, adjusting her route mentally. “I’m afraid you’ll have to teach me. This is something I know very, very little about.”

“ Don’t worry, I’ve been trained to deal with situations like this. You’re in good hands.” Norman reassures Sierra as he finally had dug a hole deep enough. After a few attempts he managed to climb out of the grave and roll the body in. He says a prayer for the guys soul before he starts filling the grave in.

She nods. “Right.” She stops at an electronics store, and gets all her music transferred to an MP3 player, before getting back into the car, and tossing her phone into the first lake she sees. There. Coping mechanism without the capacity to be tracked. “What actual address am I looking for here?”

“ It’s more of a hunting cabin than a proper house. So it hasn’t been issued an address. No mail, electricity, but we do have running water.” Norman explained. Even without a proper address Norman helped Sierra map out her route by giving her the county location and the closest city to it.
“ My family used to be farmers and ranchers in the beginning. They’ve kept the old farm in the family for generations. There was a big push to sell it for money, but we opted to allow logging on the further reaches of the property. “

“Nice.” She says with a grin. She’s just happy to have running water. A lot of her camping excursions haven’t even had that. She’ll be fine. Her drive is uneventful, and fueled with 5 hour energy shots. Once she gets within fifty miles, she turns in the car, and takes everything out of the car, loading it onto her back and sides, and starts walking. Harder to track, if tiring.

Once Norman finishes burying the intruder he returns to his home and continues the work of cleaning his weapons. After he finishes that task he takes a small nap. By the time he wakes up Sierra’s already on her hike so he helps guide her through the forest so she doesn’t trigger any of his traps.

She’s grateful for it, withdrawing her other self from his mind so she can focus. By the time she gets to his house, Calamity is crying and scratching at the door of her carrier. But Sierra is very much looking forward to meeting Norman in person.

Once Sierra is at his door Norman retracts his consciousness from her and opens the door. “ Welcome, Sierra! You did a wonderful job getting her so quickly. Feel free to use the bedroom. I’ve got some venison jerky we can give to Calamity as well.” Norman says as he points to a small plate of food and water next to the door.

Sierra grins at him, breathing heavily at this point. “Thanks so much for having me on such short notice.” She says, and steps inside, waiting till the door is closed before letting Calamity out. The cat shoots out of the carrier, immediately smelling the food, and meowing at Sierra.

Sierra chuckles, rolling her eyes, and setting some of it on the ground, where Calamity starts gnawing it. “Shameless.” SIerra scolds her, before standing up. “So, any house rules I should know about?” She asks politely.

Norman shakes his head, “ Nothing that can’t be discussed. We should have plenty of time to talk out here. They may know where we are, but we’re safe here. Showers over there if you want to freshen up from your long day. I won’t peep I promise.” Norman says attempting to crack a joke.

Norman moves back into the living area and prepares for spending the night on the couch. the cabin was actually the old home where Norman’s great grandfather lived. Apparently he built it himself with some help, and while Norman had plumbing installed he had yet to install electricity. Something he was planning to do while he was on leave.

She nods. “Thank you. Shower sounds great.” She says, grinning a bit at his joke, but not responding to it other than that. She carries her things to the bedroom, before heading for the shower with her bag of toiletries. Calamity sticks close to Norman, sniffing him and watching him curiously.

Once Sierra is clean, she comes out in a set of black pajamas, smiling. “That felt good. So, what’s our game plan?”

Norman smiles at Calamity and allows the cat to sniff and investigate as it wanted. Norman occupied himself by petting and playing with Calamity as he waited for Sierra to settle in. He didn’t have any toys but he did have a red dot laser which he used to entertain the feline. Norman was now faced with the fact that the woman he thought to be a figment of his imagination was real and that he was being targeted by some group. In a way this was even more stressful than his time in the Sandbox. At least there he had people he could trust with his life. Now all he had was a civilian college kid to watch his back. He didn’t want to bring in his squad mates as they had enough going on and yet all this pressure felt as if he was going to shatter.
When Sierra walked in he composed himself and smiled at her. Immediately shoving all the fear and anxiety to the back of his mind. She had enough to deal with. At the very least he could reassure her that she was safe and that everything would be fine.
“ Well I have enough food to last us for a few weeks if we portion wisely. Other than that I have to appear before the psychologist and begin the process to leave the military. My enlistment is almost up after all.”

She nods. “Right. I can get us food, I’m pretty good at that. I like to bring minimal supplies for camping. Anyway, I suppose we’ll just have to wait for them to show their hand a bit more… both of the guys we might have asked questions are dead now.”

She rubs the back of her head, smiling as she watches Calamity rub up against Norman’s leg. “Ah, she likes you. That was pretty quick for her.”

Norman chuckles and continues petting Calamity, “ Guess she likes me for some reason. The body in the area was a ways away from the house. They may not make the connection. Assuming no one comes to investigate, this is clearly marked private property after all, then they’re most likely to do something when I have to go into town for my psych eval.”

She nods. “And if the two of us are ever sighted together, they’ll definitely figure it out. My family will probably not take long to realize that I’ve gone missing. I just hope none of them will. Logan will probably start trying to hunt me down immediately, though. He’s my twin brother.”

Norman thinks for a moment, “ It’s strange, you have a twin brother, but he isn’t like us?” Norman couldn’t remember that two types of twins at the moment, but it just seems quite weird that she has this ability and he doesn’t.
“ At any rate it’s better for your family if they don't know where you are.”

“I have no idea. But yeah, it’s better they don’t… I really hope that he stays away. And I hope they don’t get targeted to draw me out.” She hugs herself, trying to be calm. Calamity rubs against her leg, and she smiles, leaning down to pet him. “Good kitty.”

“ I’m curious how he would even find you. If he does we’ll have to move and either take him with us or...”. Norman stopped short of saying something as callous as killing her twin brother to cover their tracks. After all, even if he did manage to find the property it was much more likely that he would fall victim to a trap than make it to the house.
“ Anyway, you should probably get some rest.”

She nods, not even realizing what the ‘or’ was for. “Yeah, you’re right, time for me to crash.” She agrees. She pauses for a moment. “Hey… if we’re only making the connection now… maybe he is like us. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.” She muses, before heading into the bedroom to get some much needed rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back