• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

GummyWorm

Old Member
Hey all! Decided I want to have a shot at running a very casual and open-ended RP with lax rules. It goes something like this...

In the extremely cool and original world of Arandus (generic sandbox fantasy setting, we'll make up the details along the way), old gods long thought to be dead are reawakening. Like newborns, they have no awareness of their own existence, and the unchecked waves of magic they are unleashing through the spaces around them are having untold effects on the surrounding nations. Strange new creatures emerge from dust, the land terraforms into impossible shapes, and existing settlers begin to experience newfound abilities or even the odd mutation. It's been several years since, and there are bounties abound for the corpses of gods...

Monkey85_Kitako 1.jpg

So, what to expect in terms of conduct? The story will be capable of moving forward without waiting on all players to prevent stalling, anyone who is behind can act like they've been around the whole time to catch up. No turn order, post as often as you like as long as you don't fill up the entire page with a 1x1 exchange. Auto-hits are OK. Yes, you read this correctly. Why are they allowed? From my experience, auto-hits are mostly a concern if players are trying to metagame to be the best or the strongest, but I'm expecting everyone joining here to be in it just to tell a fun collaborative story, which at times involves performing actions normally beyond your reach (if you don't want your character to be affected by this you can simply say so, otherwise your PC is free game by default). Since the setting is sandboxy, feel free to add lore or twists to the main plot, I'm not going to be acting as the ship captain all the time, ideally more as a general guide. Finally, no discord, all discussions happens OOC (exception to this if the thread manages to survive several pages). Alright, that's it!

-

CS Here: Fantasy - Awakening of Gods (CS)

Last edited:
PaperGhosts PaperGhosts Hey thanks for showing interest! Personally, higher literacy is very much preferred but not really necessary. Posts can be small or very long, but the ideal is being flexible enough to write whatever amount suits each scene the best as opposed to being held at a certain standard.

(also I've added the CS to the initial post)

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Gods are not playable at the moment but that may change as the thread progresses, as for species restrictions anything that fits in a fantasy setting should be just fine!

I'll be getting the thread rolling after one or two more sheets are in, anyone else is still open to join / make characters until further notice 👀

oh hey lookie who it is!
i have determined that the best course of action is actually just to put as little effort as possible into the setting and completely wing everything afterward
no more broken dreams 😔

I think it's a pretty good idea. Too many well structured and strict roleplay die hecka fast. Usually, because people are waiting for others to make their posts.

a question appears. GummyWorm GummyWorm , if the world the rp takes place in is ambiguous and will be decided through rp, what of the magic? the birth and the structure of this world? will it also be decided as we play?

This sounds like fun! With the rules that have been outlined, it reminds me a lot of the more fast paced, free and chaotic style of role playing on my previous site, which I miss sometimes. Questions: is it possible to have a character who is a god? Or are all the gods in an unconscious, newborn-like state? Would it be possible to play a character who is the "avatar" or incarnation of one of the old gods?

Because I had this idea: An ordinary mortal gets a bit too close to one of the old gods and is affected by all the weird magic in the area. This results in part of the god's spirit bonding to said human. This spirit fragment awakens and becomes self-aware just by being exposed to a human intellect, and starts to try to do the god's will, even though it has incomplete knowledge and memories. This results in the human having a "voice" in their head and something like a split personality because the spirit will sometimes hijack the human's body. A fragment of the god's powers are also present, but the human and the god must develop a working relationship and learn to trust each other in order to use them effectively.

GummyWorm GummyWorm will this work, or should I come up with another idea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back