• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Lucky Laki Malakis
Equalists_icon.png

Alternate ending to season 1 of Legend of Korra, though latter season events might play a role eventually. Amon's movement against Republic city has succeeded, taking over the city under a council of equalist minded members headed by Amon himself.

Equalists.png

The Equalist group aided with Future Industries police the city systematically gathering benders in special camps to be removed of their bending and expand their influence in the united republic. Team Avatar, including the avatar herself, and the former government have disappeared presumed disbanded and held captive. The equalist members have become the knew ruling class in a totalitarian regime oppressing both Benders and non Benders. Though non benders are not gathered up, they still have to live under strict martial law and the Equalist are too focused on benders to really care about other things like economy and such. Do get anywhere in life non benders need to become part of the Equalist and serve the Equalist army for a time, earning you increased rationed and helpful connections.

tumblr_m39cb0HRqt1r22xmzo2_400.png

Equalist movement have risen in both the Earth Kingdom and Fire Nations. The Fire Kingdom seems to be containing the problem for the moment however the Fire Nation Equalist are increasingly growing and stepping up its efforts. The Earth Kingdom is in a more dire state, a successful assassination of the Earth Kingdom queen by an unknown party bring the kingdom to a state of anarchy and civil war. Something the Equalist were quick to exploit becoming one of the main factions.

more_equalist_propaganda_by_mr_haitch-d53ydcb.png

The only true sanctuary for benders now are the north and south water tribes due to increased spirit activity but gaining passage to those lands is very difficult. That doesnt stop Benders in Republic City from trying to make their way there however with Equalist control of the ports and airships just leaving the city is difficult enough.

There are resistance movements of course, many of the based in Republic City itself. The two main ones are the Benders Union and the Movement of Restoration of United Republic of Nations. As one would imagine the former is largely bender based while the latter is more mixed but leaning heavily to nonbenders. Though the two have a similar enemy, it is not really the enemy of the enemy is my friend scenario. The Restoration movement is not necessarily pro benders just anti oppression. The story will be based on the resistance movements dealing with each other and the equalist security trying to stop them. Your character can be part of these three faction, neutral or a wild card. I am always up for ideas and suggestions. OC are encouraged over canon character but that is up for discussion.

This sounds super interesting! I've always thought about being a part of an A:TLA/LOK roleplay since it's one of my all-time favourite series. I think I'd be interested in playing a character on the Equalists' side. Not really a sympathizer of their cause, but someone who looks out for themselves and does what they can to stay ahead in the world.

This sounds super interesting! I've always thought about being a part of an A:TLA/LOK roleplay since it's one of my all-time favourite series. I think I'd be interested in playing a character on the Equalists' side. Not really a sympathizer of their cause, but someone who looks out for themselves and does what they can to stay ahead in the world.
You are most welcome to. I am thinking of playing an equalist too.

Sounds great! I always wished the equalists had been more than just a one season enemy! Would it be possible to play something like a bender who's had his bending removed by Amon?

Although I will always love Avatar the last airbender the most, the first season of Legend of Korra was definitely my favorite in that series. I actually just rewatched all of Avatar the last airbender in quarantine so I'm super into this show right now. Definitely down to be a part of this! Perhaps a bender who has always kept his/her bending secret due to the new Equalist society they're in

Interested but what are the posting requirements. I have one of the few jobs not affected by the covid 19 lockdown.

Interested but what are the posting requirements. I have one of the few jobs not affected by the covid 19 lockdown.
Me too so I am not asking for a lot. Minimum a good sized paragraph and you are given a couple of days to post before I hunt your butt to check what is going on.

We are up!

Yo, not the friend mentioned above but i'm game for some shenaniganing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back