• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Avalon - OOC

Alright. So here's the changes I'll have in place once I get home:

- Bow Efficiency will be altered to Horse Riding Proficiency
- Armor will be omitted. However, would you be opposed to making it an acquired item later in the story? He has little magic resistance, and I do want to give him some sort of resiliance to it
- His two swords, did you have any problems on that? I know @Colgate said he wanted me to switch it to just one, but to me the zweihander is for style and perhaps only very difficult battles. (Like if they were to fight that dragon mentioned earlier)
- Age will be shifted to 18, as I do not see 21 as a proper age for him anymore
- Possible drastic change to History. Omitting his inspiration of following his father's footsteps, instead some other plot device being discussed in a private chat.

Did I miss anything?

Not at all! I'd be more than glad to make it acquirable. Please choose only one sword, I would suggest the standard issue sword. Also 21 is fine if you want to keep him at that age, its still young. 3 years isn't a huge time shift either, but age is completely up to you anyhow.

We can discuss plot devices if you want to include that into your history over private chat that is fine as well.

Not at all! I'd be more than glad to make it acquirable. Please choose only one sword, I would suggest the standard issue sword. Also 21 is fine if you want to keep him at that age, its still young. 3 years isn't a huge time shift either, but age is completely up to you anyhow.

We can discuss plot devices if you want to include that into your history over private chat that is fine as well.

Aighty. I should be home in about an hour to make those changes.

The reason I'm changing his age is because I plan to have Roric become what I originally have. I've settled for bringing him into the country immediately after his entry, rather than a few years after his entry. He'll be void of any experience he has with the Avalon army, instead he'll be striving to join.

Aighty. I should be home in about an hour to make those changes.

The reason I'm changing his age is because I plan to have Roric become what I originally have. I've settled for bringing him into the country immediately after his entry, rather than a few years after his entry. He'll be void of any experience he has with the Avalon army, instead he'll be striving to join.
okay fair enough.

I'm hungry for the RP to start, thats for sure hahaha
Soon my child.

On another note, I just noticed the avalon map still had the hex grid...after so many days. So I updated it without the grid so it's easier to look at it all.

RECORDS:
Prospective Avalon Knight

RORIC BEAUMONT

Standard

Sexuality: Heterosexual
Class: Knight
Profession: None, attempting to become a cavalryman of the Avalon Army
Money: ~650 Au

Appearance

Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Green
Height: 70in
Weight: ~163lbs

Nature

Personality: Roric's attitude in public is one that any would expect of a knight from the books, kind and just, with a stoic demeanor. An advocate for justice, and the bane of the unworthy. However, his attitude is not one to be mistaken as one that is a dog to royalty. While his loyalty lies to the rulers of Avalon, his inner consciousness follows the path of the righteous.
Roric has very few friends, due to his recent entry into the country. But his casual lifestyle is much more calm and uneventful in comparison to his duties. The knight maintains his morals in his everyday life off-duty, yet holds an air of serenity to him makes him almost boring. He loves a good laugh, and is quite the tease once he becomes comfortable.
- Has a taste for baked goods, typically just loaves of bread
- A controlled, but almost annoying habit of being clean
Dislikes:
- Compulsive liars. Small lies to get out of unwanted situations is understandable
- Spicy foods
- Hotter environments

Background

Family:
- Father: A former knight of Avalon. He held no title luxurious enough to make himself famous, but it was his knighthood that inspired Roric to follow his footsteps. He is currently deceased, falling prey to an illness during Roric's childhood.
- Mother: A peasant woman with no title of her own, she raised Roric in the image of his father, with his best interests at heart. She is still quite the woman, age doing nothing to diminish the hardworking spirit that Roric inherited. Currently, she is overseas and out of the country borders. After her late husband's death, she and Roric moved away from the country. It was an action not of ill will, rather, a dream of both her and Roric's father after his retirement from the military.

History:
Roric was born outside the borders of Avalon, making most of his history unknown to the country and its people. He was raised outside of the country, living on a small farm with his mother as a farmhand. His father, who is deceased, had been his inspiration since childhood, driving him to be a knight in the forces of Avalon. It was this inspiration that sprouted his training, learning from other swordsman and independent training. When he had turned 15, the typical age to be squired, the journey back to Avalon was expectedly difficult, and his delay to knighthood only grew from then.
At 18, it was then that the opportunity rose for Roric to venture back to Avalon. Leaving with the blessings of his mother, he set out and returned with hopes that his dream held the chances of becoming a reality.
His arrival to Avalon was uneventful and tedious. He had heard rumor of a dragon preventing the crossing of many ships over the waters to Avalon. Roric took it as a challenge, seeing it as a possibility to show the knights of Avalon that despite his age, he truly was enough to join their forces..

Armaments & Abilities

Primary: Standard Issue Arming Sword (78cm : ~2.5lbs)
- Description: Roric's typical sword when horseback, or used out of efficiency. Remains clasped to his waist in a leather scabbard.
- Enchantments: Standard enchantments against magic-wielders, hopefully preventing their advantage
- Magic Sealing: The blade completely nullifies weak and standard level magic at the touch, even draining the magic-user of their capabilities temporarily based on the length of physical contact with the blade. However, the blade's efficiency comes at a cost. As more magic is absorbed, the blade begins to gain weight, as if the magic was storing itself within the blade. The side-effect means the blade is only as powerful as the user's lifting capability, and will become useless without the siphoning of the stored magic.

Armor: Standard Issue Iron-Mail

Skills:
- Sword Proficiency: Roric has excellent mastery of swordplay with two-handed, and heavy one-handed blades. He is easily able to counter standard sword-users in hand-to-hand combat.
- Horse Riding Proficiency: Roric’s time spent on a farm gave him plenty of time to learn and become experienced in horse riding.
- Farmer: Knows a moderate amount of farming techniques. Nothing compared to the everyday farmer, but can grow crops independently if required.

Soon my child.

On another note, I just noticed the avalon map still had the hex grid...after so many days. So I updated it without the grid so it's easier to look at it all.

Tomorrow you said? I'm pumped. Don't we have enough people now, too?

Azuria Azuria Forget the possible plot device I had in mind. Someone contacted me off-thread and asked to develop a plot involving her character and Roric's. I assumed she was from this RP, and was altering Roric's history to fit what her and I developed. Turns out she was looking for a 1v1 RP partner, and her plot takes place in a completely different country and plot from what you have.

So, sorry if my history is lackluster and abrupt.

I know I'm a bit late, but my character doesn't have any magic so we'll be non-magic-ys together ^_^ SentinelSevn SentinelSevn

Oh THANK YOU

Azuria Azuria Forget the possible plot device I had in mind. Someone contacted me off-thread and asked to develop a plot involving her character and Roric's. I assumed she was from this RP, and was altering Roric's history to fit what her and I developed. Turns out she was looking for a 1v1 RP partner, and her plot takes place in a completely different country and plot from what you have.

So, sorry if my history is lackluster and abrupt.

Oh THANK YOU
Looks better, please post it in the final cs thread.

Tomorrow you said? I'm pumped. Don't we have enough people now, too?
We have the bare minimum yay! So yup we'll start tomorrow, I'll try to have the post up tomorrow by noon and link everyone.

Looks better, please post it in the final cs thread.

We have the bare minimum yay! So yup we'll start tomorrow, I'll try to have the post up tomorrow by noon and link everyone.
YAAAAY!! My friend might still be joining, haven't heard back yet haha

hey, sorry to jump on this late, but i'm a friend of Arryn's, i haven't roleplayed at all on this site yet, but character sheet incoming?

Damien Grey

Human | 21 | Male
Thief

Class:
Thief?

Money:
20 Au

Appearance:

Has messy dark hair and piercing grey eyes, slightly built. Cute face, can see why he’s a charmer. A little grizzled, scars here and there, and not huge and super manly, kinda like a raccoon.

Skills and Abilities:
Adept as a pickpocket, stealthy and quick. Bit of a charmer, too, but not the strongest of the bunch, has a habit of saying tactless things when not paying attention, and has a particular affection for alcohol (which once again loosens his tongue, although does not dull his dexterity)

Powers:
Nonmagical, though what with all his stealing of various magical artifacts, can handle various charmed items if the need arises.

Equipment:
Damien keeps most of his things in various pockets and belts, carries lots of odds and ends like string and gears (although he is a rubbish mechanic, carrying spare parts makes him feel more prepared.) Even Damien himself isn’t quite sure at all he’s carrying, but the items that see the most use is his silver knife, which can be thrown or wielded. Needless to say, he does not wear armor, opting instead for various forms of streetwear and a distinctive wine-colored coat on top of everything, with a black bolero, creating a strange sense of juxtaposition between class and poverty.

Personality:
Damien isn’t the best of people – he isn’t above slitting a few necks to get what he wants, and loves getting his hands on more money and rare artifacts (which he inevitably sells or otherwise loses.) However, at the same time, Damien is a bit of a helpless romantic – he thinks of himself as cultured (always manages to visit the museums and bookstores in whatever city he is in) and sees himself as existing solely for the pleasurement of the ladies. He’s often stated that if he lived closer to the sea, he would have become a pirate, but that’s inconsequential. Seems like the type to make deals with the Devil, whatever that means.

Backstory:
Damien was found when he was but a baby, abandoned at the steps of the Thieves' Guild. They took him in as a child, and a thief's all he's ever been, though he struck off on his own when he turned sixteen. He's claimed to have fallen in love mroe than once, and keeps some strangely feminine pieces of jewelry in various pockets, but he won't really open up to me about that, so i can't tell you much more.

-art

-girls

-a good show

-books and history

-a challenge

-alcohol

-flowers

Dislikes:
-uptight people

-prison

-bland food

Weaknesses:
Not the strongest, prefers striking in the shadows and running away. Will get drunk and say stupid things. Will say stupid things even when not drunk.

Damien Grey

Human | 21 | Male
Thief

Class:
Thief?

Money:
20 Au

Appearance:

Has messy dark hair and piercing grey eyes, slightly built. Cute face, can see why he’s a charmer. A little grizzled, scars here and there, and not huge and super manly, kinda like a raccoon.

Skills and Abilities:
Adept as a pickpocket, stealthy and quick. Bit of a charmer, too, but not the strongest of the bunch, has a habit of saying tactless things when not paying attention, and has a particular affection for alcohol (which once again loosens his tongue, although does not dull his dexterity)

Powers:
Nonmagical, though what with all his stealing of various magical artifacts, can handle various charmed items if the need arises.

Equipment:
Damien keeps most of his things in various pockets and belts, carries lots of odds and ends like string and gears (although he is a rubbish mechanic, carrying spare parts makes him feel more prepared.) Even Damien himself isn’t quite sure at all he’s carrying, but the items that see the most use is his silver knife, which can be thrown or wielded. Needless to say, he does not wear armor, opting instead for various forms of streetwear and a distinctive wine-colored coat on top of everything, with a black bolero, creating a strange sense of juxtaposition between class and poverty.

Personality:
Damien isn’t the best of people – he isn’t above slitting a few necks to get what he wants, and loves getting his hands on more money and rare artifacts (which he inevitably sells or otherwise loses.) However, at the same time, Damien is a bit of a helpless romantic – he thinks of himself as cultured (always manages to visit the museums and bookstores in whatever city he is in) and sees himself as existing solely for the pleasurement of the ladies. He’s often stated that if he lived closer to the sea, he would have become a pirate, but that’s inconsequential. Seems like the type to make deals with the Devil, whatever that means.

Backstory:
Damien was found when he was but a baby, abandoned at the steps of the Thieves' Guild. They took him in as a child, and a thief's all he's ever been, though he struck off on his own when he turned sixteen. He's claimed to have fallen in love mroe than once, and keeps some strangely feminine pieces of jewelry in various pockets, but he won't really open up to me about that, so i can't tell you much more.

-art

-girls

-a good show

-books and history

-a challenge

-alcohol

-flowers

Dislikes:
-uptight people

-prison

-bland food

Weaknesses:
Not the strongest, prefers striking in the shadows and running away. Will get drunk and say stupid things. Will say stupid things even when not drunk.
Just to warn you, my character is a thief as well and is a bit similar to yours.

Damien Grey

Human | 21 | Male
Con artist

Class:
Con artist

Money:
200 Au

Appearance:

Skills and Abilities:
Can make plots and whatnot with the best of them. Charismatic and intelligent, though he isn't the best of fighters, he is rather quick, allowing him to escape in a jiffy.

Powers:
Nonmagical, though what with all his access of various magical artifacts, can handle various charmed items if the need arises.

Equipment:

Personality:

Backstory:
Damien was found when he was but a baby, abandoned at the steps of the Thieves' Guild. They took him in as a child, and a thief's all he's ever been, though he struck off on his own when he turned sixteen - he always sought more than the simple pickopocket life, and tends towards grander plans. He's claimed to have fallen in love more than once, and keeps some strangely feminine pieces of jewelry in various pockets, but he won't really open up to me about that, so i can't tell you much more.

-art

-girls

-a good show

-books and history

-a challenge

-alcohol

-flowers

Dislikes:
-uptight people

-prison

-bland food

Weaknesses:
Not the strongest, prefers striking in the shadows and from afar. Will get drunk and say stupid things.

Damien Grey

Human | 21 | Male
Con artist

Class:
Con artist

Money:
200 Au

Appearance:

Skills and Abilities:
Can make plots and whatnot with the best of them. Charismatic and intelligent, though he isn't the best of fighters, he is rather quick, allowing him to escape in a jiffy.

Powers:
Nonmagical, though what with all his access of various magical artifacts, can handle various charmed items if the need arises.

Equipment:

Personality:

Backstory:
Damien was found when he was but a baby, abandoned at the steps of the Thieves' Guild. They took him in as a child, and a thief's all he's ever been, though he struck off on his own when he turned sixteen - he always sought more than the simple pickopocket life, and tends towards grander plans. He's claimed to have fallen in love more than once, and keeps some strangely feminine pieces of jewelry in various pockets, but he won't really open up to me about that, so i can't tell you much more.

-art

-girls

-a good show

-books and history

-a challenge

-alcohol

-flowers

Dislikes:
-uptight people

-prison

-bland food

Weaknesses:
Not the strongest, prefers striking in the shadows and from afar. Will get drunk and say stupid things.

There can be multiple thieves haha, you don't have to change. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back