• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Avalon - OOC

If we can get one more CS before Monday we can get started on Monday, and each new event will occur monday morning real time. Anyone joining during that week (assuming we get to start), can still join, I will prepare a post for late comers.

I'm working on a CS on my laptop rn, so it should be in tonight! Azuria Azuria

But I'm heading out in about 20mins so I'll continue when I get back home. Btw, still following the trend of posting the CS in here before in the main CS thread?

I'm working on a CS on my laptop rn, so it should be in tonight! Azuria Azuria

But I'm heading out in about 20mins so I'll continue when I get back home. Btw, still following the trend of posting the CS in here before in the main CS thread?
yes please, just because I can make my comments more easily without needing to litter the cs thread.

Screenshot_2017-05-20-18-40-52-1.png
Name: Jason Forestone
Profession: Nothing really
Class: Wizard
Abilities: Lightning Bolt- Stuns any opponent for a short period of time, only works on single targets.
Money: Roughly 250 Au
Items: One beginners spell book and a small leather pouch of Au.
Personality: Calm and clever, he's very simple. He never frets too much about anything, keeping a low level of emotion at all times. Whether it be anger or sadness, his expression always seems to be somewhat neutral. This also makes him out to be less charismatic and approachable. In reality Jason is very polite, never failing to say thank you or apologize when it's appropriate. Yet many choose to stray far away from him. Sometimes they forget that he's even there. If he does manage to get some negative attention, he can find his way out most of the time. He'll deceive and lie about his entire life if he has to, occasionally he will put the blame on someone else even his friends. Disloyal, seemingly emotionless, and intelligent in his own odd way, all of this makes for one interesting and unpleasant individual. However, as much as he seems like a cruel and unusual being, he has a sweet little tiny heart underneath all this junk. No one has seen it in years though, but it's still there.
Backstory: Jason grew up on the streets with only thieves and merchants to take care of him. He doesn't know his parents or his siblings, if he has any that is. He used to live with his, now late, uncle Forestone up til age ten. His uncle was a master wizard, knowing many spells and enchantments that inspired Jason. He was taught how to do some magic and learned about the more mystical side reality. One day when he was running a small errand, their small home was set ablaze with his uncle trapped inside. Jason doesn't exactly know who killed him or the reason. After that he lived the life of a rat, scavenging and stealing food, working dangerous jobs, and living with wanted criminals. Eventually, he saved up just enough money for a beginner's spell book and some better clothes.
-The winter months
-Sweets
Dislikes:
-Anyone who is, knows of, or works for nobility
-Oversensitive people
-Expectations in general
(I finally finished, after forever. Sorry about that btw.)

Azuria Azuria Quick question. Since magic is around and everyone seems to be building magic based characters, would it be possible for me to make a character without magic at all?

If not, what if the traces of magic that he has is minimal, which led him to train more towards building up his physical strength? He would compensate with enchanted weaponry and armor, if such a thing exists.

View attachment 313229
Name: Jason Forestone
Profession: Nothing really
Class: Wizard
Abilities: Lightning Bolt- Stuns any opponent for a short period of time, only works on single targets.
Money: Roughly 250 Au
Items: One beginners spell book and a small leather pouch of Au.
Personality: Calm and clever, he's very simple. He never frets too much about anything, keeping a low level of emotion at all times. Whether it be anger or sadness, his expression always seems to be somewhat neutral. This also makes him out to be less charismatic and approachable. In reality Jason is very polite, never failing to say thank you or apologize when it's appropriate. Yet many choose to stray far away from him. Sometimes they forget that he's even there. If he does manage to get some negative attention, he can find his way out most of the time. He'll deceive and lie about his entire life if he has to, occasionally he will put the blame on someone else even his friends. Disloyal, seemingly emotionless, and intelligent in his own odd way, all of this makes for one interesting and unpleasant individual. However, as much as he seems like a cruel and unusual being, he has a sweet little tiny heart underneath all this junk. No one has seen it in years though, but it's still there.
Backstory: Jason grew up on the streets with only thieves and merchants to take care of him. He doesn't know his parents or his siblings, if he has any that is. He used to live with his, now late, uncle Forestone up til age ten. His uncle was a master wizard, knowing many spells and enchantments that inspired Jason. He was taught how to do some magic and learned about the more mystical side reality. One day when he was running a small errand, their small home was set ablaze with his uncle trapped inside. Jason doesn't exactly know who killed him or the reason. After that he lived the life of a rat, scavenging and stealing food, working dangerous jobs, and living with wanted criminals. Eventually, he saved up just enough money for a beginner's spell book and some better clothes.
-The winter months
-Sweets
Dislikes:
-Anyone who is, knows of, or works for nobility
-Oversensitive people
-Expectations in general
(I finally finished, after forever. Sorry about that btw.)
Please tell me the picture is henry from fire emblem awakening. <3
Looks good to me! Please post it in the final cs thread.

Azuria Azuria Quick question. Since magic is around and everyone seems to be building magic based characters, would it be possible for me to make a character without magic at all?

If not, what if the traces of magic that he has is minimal, which led him to train more towards building up his physical strength? He would compensate with enchanted weaponry and armor, if such a thing exists.
You can be completely free of magic if you'd like. Heck be the bane of all magic. Be the anti-mage.

I'm gonna try to be active in OOC chat, because in the past I haven't been. It's not like I'm shy or anything, I just don't for no reason at all.

So, what's up?

I love henry no need to say he was your lazy pick!!!! hmph!

not much, almost midnight here, not sure when I'll pass out. You?
It's only ten over here in the boring state of Utah, where it snowed a few days ago and it's not even surprising.

RECORDS:
Avalon Knight

RORIC BEAUMONT

Standard

Sexuality: Heterosexual
Class: Knight
Profession: Cavalryman of the Avalon Army
Money: ~650 Au

Appearance

Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Green
Height: 70in
Weight: ~163lbs

Nature

Personality: Roric's attitude in public is one that any would expect of a knight from the books, kind and just, with a stoic demeanor. An advocate for justice, and the bane of the unworthy. However, his attitude is not one to be mistaken as one that is a dog to royalty. While his loyalty lies to the rulers of Avalon, his inner consciousness follows the path of the righteous.
Roric has very few friends, due to his recent entry into the country. But his casual lifestyle is much more calm and uneventful in comparison to his duties. The knight maintains his morals in his everyday life off-duty, yet holds an air of serenity to him makes him almost boring. He loves a good laugh, and is quite the tease once he becomes comfortable.
- Has a taste for baked goods, typically just loaves of bread
- A controlled, but almost annoying habit of being clean
Dislikes:
- Compulsive liars. Small lies to get out of unwanted situations is understandable
- Spicy foods
- Hotter environments

Background

Family:
- Father: A former knight of Avalon. He held no title luxurious enough to make himself famous, but it was his knighthood that inspired Roric to follow his footsteps. He is currently deceased, falling prey to an illness during Roric's childhood.
- Mother: A peasant woman with no title of her own, she raised Roric in the image of his father, with his best interests at heart. She is still quite the woman, age doing nothing to diminish the hardworking spirit that Roric inherited. Currently, she is overseas and out of the country borders. After her late husband's death, she and Roric moved away from the country. It was an action not of ill will, rather, a dream of both her and Roric's father after his retirement from the military.

History:
Roric was born outside the borders of Avalon, making most of his history unknown to the country and its people. He was raised outside of the country, living on a small farm with his mother as a farmhand. His father, who is deceased, had been his inspiration since childhood, driving him to be a knight in the forces of Avalon. It was this inspiration that sprouted his training, learning from other swordsman and independent training. When he had turned 15, the typical age to be squired, the journey back to Avalon was expectedly difficult, and his delay to knighthood only grew from then.
At 19, it was then that the opportunity rose for Roric to venture back to Avalon. Leaving with the blessings of his mother, he set out and returned with hopes that his dream held the chances of becoming a reality.
His arrival to Avalon was uneventful and tedious. An excessive amount of effort and time dueling knights to prove his worth was taken to assure that he was even prepared for the knighting process. But it was then that his promise as a knight was shown.
His skill was repeatedly shown to the masses, again and again taking down skilled opponents in feats of swordplay and archery. Even to the public, he was considered a prodigy, and surpassed the levels that those of his age were expected to maintain. Aside from one large factor, he could not wield magic. Not even the simplest wisp.
He had gathered and grown enough reputation to be knighted at the age of 20, surpassing his equals in age by a year, despite his inability to cast magic. What he lacked in magic, he made up for with skill in the blade. His inability proved to be even less of a problem, as he was later outfitted with the enchanted gear to counteract rival knights.
Now, at the age of 21, Roric serves as a cavalryman of the Avalon army. Younger than his peers of the same class, but far from being their equal in skill. In a few months, he is even predicted to have his own title. However, he is patient, and has yet to let the commodities of his feats get the better of him.

Armaments & Abilities

Heavy: Zweihander (140cm : ~8lbs)
- Description: Roric's use of the heavy two-handed blade brought surprise during his return to Avalon. He makes efficient use of the blade's weight, using it and the length that it brings to keep his foes at bay. It is the weapon he is most comfortable wielding and would wield out of choice, however its efficiency brings it to questions, and is what leads to its minor use. Typically remains on his back when on duty, unsheathed.
- Enchantment: The blade was imbued with multiple qualities, making it quite the treasure for those who face heavy combat.
- Magic Reflection: Cast spells are reflected off the blade's surface, redirecting them at a weaker strength towards the initial caster.
- Light Metal: A blade of heavy qualities, Roric thought it would be to his benefit to have the blade feel lighter in his grasp. The blade's gives little hindrance to Roric's agility, however it's length can still possibly pose a problem.

Standard: Standard Issue Arming Sword (78cm : ~2.5lbs)
- Description: Roric's typical sword when horseback, or used out of efficiency. Remains clasped to his waist in a leather scabbard.
- Enchantments: Standard enchantments against magic-wielders, hopefully preventing their advantage
- Magic Sealing: The blade completely nullifies weak and standard level magic at the touch, even draining the magic-user of their capabilities temporarily based on the length of physical contact with the blade. However, the blade's efficiency comes at a cost. As more magic is absorbed, the blade begins to gain weight, as if the magic was storing itself within the blade. The side-effect means the blade is only as powerful as the user's lifting capability, and will become useless without the siphoning of the stored magic.

Armor: Full-body Mithril Plate
- Description: Forged in the country of his childhood, the metal of the armor is rare and sought after heavily by knights and blacksmiths alike. It was a pricey purchase, but was a farewell gift from his mother and close friends back home. The metal is light, yet powerful in durability, making it of much higher grade than standard issue.
- Enchantments: Knowing full well his weakness to magic, it was enchanted prevent it from being a severe handicap.
- Magic Resiliance: While similar to Magic Sealing, the armor does not get heavier throughout its use. Instead, it does not completely cease magic, but it weakens the strength of the magic. Conjuration spells like flames and ice would only heat or cool the user respectively, and only build up if continuous streams of magic make contact.
- The Unjustified Consequence CURSE: Unknownst to Roric, the armor was only affordable because of an undeclared clause by the seller. The armor collects the negative emotions of those slain by the user in combat, and begins to alter the user's decision on what is right, and what is wrong. The buildup is minor, and is only noticed years after constant use. Roric currently has minuscule amounts invested into the armor, as he hardly ever takes lives, and even then it is the lives of the rebellious or unjust.

Skills:
- Sword Proficiency: Roric has excellent mastery of swordplay with two-handed, and heavy one-handed blades. He is easily able to counter standard sword-users in hand-to-hand combat.
- Bow Proficiency: Roric has standard mastery of the bow and arrow. He can outmaneuver the typical knight, but cannot best a trained bowman.
- Farmer: Knows a moderate amount of farming techniques. Nothing compared to the everyday farmer, but can grow crops independently if required.

Last edited:
Honestly, don't you think you're going a bit overboard with you character, SentinelSevn SentinelSevn ?

Well, explain to me what makes you say that, and I might alter a few things.

The only big difference I see is that Roric actually has combat efficiency and experience compared to most of the other characters. But really, wouldn't you expect someone who has built their life to fight to be stronger than someone who hasn't?

It's only ten over here in the boring state of Utah, where it snowed a few days ago and it's not even surprising.

WHAT! What part of Utah do you live in??

Well, explain to me what makes you say that, and I might alter a few things.

The only big difference I see is that Roric actually has combat efficiency and experience compared to most of the other characters. But really, wouldn't you expect someone who has built their life to fight to be stronger than someone who hasn't?

Maybe read the original CS post that has the template? Our characters are supposed to be starting at base skill level so that it everyone can build up their characters together

Maybe read the original CS post that has the template? Our characters are supposed to be starting at base skill level so that it everyone can build up their characters together

Well, the only way my character can be shifted to be at base skill level would be to shift his entire history, or make him much younger and not give him the chance to gain the experience. I'm not willing to do either, as the former makes him a completely different character, and the latter would make him the grunt of any team.

Guess that means I'll have to rescind my application. Good luck, have fun, and enjoy the RP.

I live near the University of Utah, like a few miles from there.

Oh cool! Do you go there? I'm planning on going after my gap year :)
Yeah I'm gonna try to go to a grad school after I finish. Surprisingly I'm studying psychology. I have three other roommates and we all share a kind of expensive apartment. What part of Utah do you live?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back