• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Avalon - OOC

Azuria

in progress
heolyspirit heolyspirit Damafaud Damafaud arryn arryn Chachalotte Chachalotte Mistory Mistory Alteras Alteras Colgate Colgate MitoIsMe MitoIsMe NekoQueen49 NekoQueen49 Dark Sanctuary Dark Sanctuary Birdsie Birdsie

If you're all still interested keep reading on.

Hi my name is Azuria. Now that this rp is ready to move forward I want to get to know you all a bit better. What I have in mind for this rp is one where everyone get's a chance to start on a level playing field and shape their characters as the rp goes along, and everyone's characters starting from the bottom line. The main purpose of this is to deal with players that sort of like to try this and that and aren't really committed to an rp, that's okay, I hope you all stick around but I cannot force you. By starting at the bottom and growing, I can allow new players coming in to start with a little more knowledge and experience so they don't have to start from the beginning and play catch up. The advantage you all have (besides helping to shape the story from the beginning) is the opportunity for unique classes, items, whatever I can think of, with each event that may or may not come again. This is not any type of rp in particular, not a romance or a combat, more of a mix of everything. That being said, it can be hard to make all of that work, combat in particular, especially when not everyone is thinking alike.

So what I want to ask you all right now, is if everyone is comfortable with active text combat, rather than dice or some other system. Sometimes people believe their characters can do so much more, like from the start of an rp their character's are the shit, slapping people around like it's nothing. If you feel you're likely to go overboard please let me know, because then I will implement stats or dice rolls so its fair for everyone, it's not your fault I just want everyone to have a good time. In the case of active text, I will have the final vote when it comes to NPC fights.

In the case of two players fighting we can use two different systems. Either I can be the final vote between the two if they cannot decide which of their character's would win against the other, or we can have a democratic vote where they can each pitch in OOC why they think their character would beat the other and whoever has the most votes wins, the battle will be decided with that character winning the battle.

I also want to have a little bit of information here and there for certain classes, professions, etc. Not everyone knows the same thing, for example, if you go to the library and research all the animals in an area, you're more likely to be better off than another person who wanders in, but as I cannot hide it from everyone's eyes, please do not assume what you know is what your characters know. If you read something about the animals in your area but your character has never seen a book or heard anything, you can bet they have no idea what is about to happen.

Here is the basic outline for the character sheet, again negotiable based on what everyone wants. I initially pictured everyone as being a poor vagrant, but then for a character you're really just making a pretty face and a personality huh? Kind of hard for 11 people to make unique backstories about being a vagrant. Anyways so I will allow character's to have 'amateur' level knowledge of professions, classes, whatever so they can get started and to help them develop their backstories, but with lots of room to grow. If you all think its more fair everyone start as the "blank slate" vagrant please let me know.

Also you're all human. Sorry :3

Name: (INSERT REALLY COOL EDGY NAME HERE)

Age: (I'd prefer ~18 range since everyone's characters are amateur level's in things at best so it makes more sense)

Profession: (blank, or your character's "former" profession, amateur level. ex. travelling merchant, farmer, rancher, fish monger, blacksmith, miner, etc.)

Class: (blank, or apprentice level. ex. knight, archer, fire mage, priest, etc. Ask me for any unique ones particular to this rp, or if you have an idea in mind and aren't sure it's allowed. I'll probably allow it.)
Appearance: (description or picture)

Abilities: (none, or limit of one if you have a class. Maybe a short description if its not self explanatory) ex. fire mage = fireball)

Money: (0 - 1000, the currency of avalon is called Au. Again use common sense. If your character has basically stayed alive until now by begging or living off the land they probably have nothing. If they are peasants stick with 200. If they came from wealthy families, 750 isn't a lot but its more than enough to get you going in this rp despite the economic situation caused by the dragon)

Items: (none, or two small inexpensive items. ex. locket your mother gave you, and a bracelet your sister gave you.) OR (one medium non expensive item. ex. Umbrella.) (You can have an item that pertains to your class assuming it's pretty poop. ex. wooden staff - mage/priest)

Profile: (optional if you want to discover your character through the rp, maybe they don't have any goals but meet Sir Gottfried and gain an appreciation for knights, desiring to become one, etc. Write 3 sentences about your character that depicts their likes, dislikes, personality, interests, goals in life, desires, whatever. Please don't go over 10 my eyes will melt otherwise.)

Lastly, I may attempt to introduce new elements into this rp from time to time, make adjustments to how items or abilities work, etc. Think of them like game updates. Really its just me trying to fix mistakes, or occasionally introduce new ones.

Current Threads:

(actual rp) https://www.rpnation.com/threads/avalon.335056/

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/current-affairs-scripts-etc.333289/

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/notable-people.333301/

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/locations.333312/

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/avalon-maps.333826/

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/avalon-ooc.333963/

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/avalon-cs.334005/

Interest check: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/avalon.333305/

Last edited:
Wow, I was expecting to have to make a lot of changes to my CS, but it seems pretty similar to your layout haha. I have to go to work for the next 3 or so hours, and then I have to make a couple changes to my character, but expect my CS to be up tonight sometime. I definitely have a few questions to ask you, but I'm in a rush!

Wow, I was expecting to have to make a lot of changes to my CS, but it seems pretty similar to your layout haha. I have to go to work for the next 3 or so hours, and then I have to make a couple changes to my character, but expect my CS to be up tonight sometime. I definitely have a few questions to ask you, but I'm in a rush!
Great news! Ask away when you're back I'm here for the rest of the day.

VlsSXAmuq9YUgZIutPwjdoslhoUkBA1LDbyB2FEKTYDxowFW8xCKVHl5bdAHUB8qglAGVPG2XqwR5m5ClmurgJ3GrI6oiqQCdqeeH7VKAEgZZtP8xsT8cxRYa1TRGNE8S9EhqYnQ

Petronia “Petra” Volta
Human | 19 | Female

Amateur blacksmith

Class:
Amateur Elementalist

Money:
250 Au

Skills and Abilities:
Petra is fairly stealthy and agile. She can fall from pretty decent heights with little injury.

Powers:
Petra can draw light energy from the flesh of her hand, creating a golden orb of light that hovers in her palm. She can then cast the orb outwards towards a being or an object. The orb is used mainly as a source of light. It doesn't do much in the way of attacking the target, it is most often used as a distraction or a way to locate the target more easily. If an orb is spawned, it will dissipate in one hour by default.

Equipment:
A medium sized canvas satchel, usually used to carry her wares and small tools. Currently carries: A small knife, a coin purse holding her Au, and a small amount of provisions.

Personality:
Loud and proud, she has a temper and personality that couldn't be beat even if someone tried. She will stand up for herself and her friends, no matter who it is. She has a strong sense of justice and will do whatever it takes to make sure people get what they deserve. She is very dramatic and emotionally driven, however she doesn’t hold grudges. If you cross her, prepare for a verbal ass beating! But, it won’t last long. She loves and trusts before anything else, but once you betray that she will think twice before becoming close with you again.

Backstory:
Petronia Volta had always had close ties with her father. She lived with him in a small cottage on a beautiful meadowy hill all growing up, and he taught her everything she knows. He showed her how to explore the woodlands surrounding their home without getting lost, he taught her to make a proper fire, he taught her to forge her own tools. He sparked her interest in blacksmithing, which is now her profession. On a cold, spring morning, 14 year old Petra awoke to her father kissing her forehead goodbye. He often went exploring on his own for a few hours in the early mornings, so she didn’t think much of it. That was, until the sun began to rise to midday and her father still hadn’t returned home. This was odd as he had always made such a point of eating breakfast with her every morning. She waited until the sun was directly above her head until she went out to look for him. She hadn’t walked more than a half a mile when she stumbled upon his mauled body. A bear had gotten to him. It has been over 5 years since then, yet Petra still can’t bear the memory. She lived in the empty house on the hill for a year that seemed to last forever before she finally ventured off on her own. She packed up a few memories of her father, a bit of money, and left home seeking a new glory. She boarded a boat headed to the Kingdom of Avalon. A land of opportunity. Her saving grace. A chance to control her destiny.

-people
-exploring
-starry skies
-trinkets
-compliments
-intelligent people

Dislikes:
-liars
-insincerity
-people who need to be the center of attention
-reading
-dark chocolate
-mysteriousness

Weaknesses:

Not extremely adept at hand-to-hand combat. Slightly better at long range, however still would not be chosen first to fight in a battle.

Last edited:
full
Character Sheet: Lena Yu Miraj

Name: Lena Yu Miraj
Profession: Former Apprentice of a Show Magician
Class: Illusionist
Abilities:
  • Simple Illusions - Alters the appearance of an object or multiple objects. Can also be used on her appearance, which is why there's always bunny ears on her.
Money: About 300 Au
Items: An Ivory Dagger - Something she took from her Apprenticeship. She keeps it hidden with Simple Illusions.
Profile: Generally cheerful and joyous, Lena usually keeps a delightful appearance about her. She tries to maintain virtues, but isn't above "cheating" to get what she "deserves." This eventually got her kicked out of her apprenticeship. As such, she came to Avalon to start anew. She doesn't have any particular goals other than eventually reaching the "good life." She loves rice cake.

arryn arryn Mind removing the adept at manipulation and persuasion? I just don't see why or how, but I'll allow the safety falling from heights since I see you gave her a lil' weakness as well to that benefit.

Alteras Alteras looks good! Mind posting this here? https://www.rpnation.com/threads/avalon-cs.334005/#post-7890886

I tried quoting it into the thread but I don't like how it's shrunk and in italics when quoted.
I can post it again. I have the bbcode saved in my workshop

[BORDER]
mage-jpg.312442
Name:
Runa Winterfield

Profession:
Amateur Scribe

Class:
Scholar

Abilities: Barrier Rune - Make a small barrier that can act as a shield

Money:
600 Au

Items:
Rosewood Staff

Profile: An apprentice once to wise scholar, an accident with a portal rune dropped her in the middle of Avalon, far from her home. She was determined to return home, but she was also determined to use the opportunity to look for her fortune. She promised not to return before she was at least as knowledgeable as her teacher or learn something he couldn't teach her. Her only family was an oracle who raised her after a she found her in a shipwreck, and she wasn't worried that she would notice her went missing.

She had a special interest in books, which was what cause the accident at the first place.[/BORDER]

Attachments

• Mage.jpg
    Mage.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 122
[BORDER]
mage-jpg.312442
Name:
Runa Winterfield

Profession:
Amateur Scribe

Class:
Scholar

Money:
600 Au

Items:
Rosewood Staff

Profile: An apprentice once to wise scholar, an accident with a portal rune dropped her in the middle of Avalon, far from her home. She was determined to return home, but she was also determined to use the opportunity to look for her fortune. She promised not to return before she was at least as knowledgeable as her teacher or learn something he couldn't teach her. Her only family was an oracle who raised her after a she found her in a shipwreck, and she wasn't worried that she would notice her went missing.

She had a special interest in books, which was what cause the accident at the first place.[/BORDER]

Nice!

[BORDER]
mage-jpg.312442
Name:
Runa Winterfield

Profession:
Amateur Scribe

Class:
Scholar

Money:
600 Au

Items:
Rosewood Staff

do you mind if the portal rune drops her off on a ship midway it's journey to Avalon?

[BORDER]
mage-jpg.312442
Name:
Runa Winterfield

Profession:
Amateur Scribe

Class:
Scholar

Money:
600 Au

Items:
Rosewood Staff

Profile: An apprentice once to wise scholar, an accident with a portal rune dropped her in the middle of Avalon, far from her home. She was determined to return home, but she was also determined to use the opportunity to look for her fortune. She promised not to return before she was at least as knowledgeable as her teacher or learn something he couldn't teach her. Her only family was an oracle who raised her after a she found her in a shipwreck, and she [/BORDER]
[BORDER]
do you mind if the portal rune drops her off on a ship midway it's journey to Avalon?
Nope![/border]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back