• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Atlas Shrugged: Genesis (Post Canon)

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Storyteller’s Epilogue
This is an original content RP based on the book Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. The book was written in 1957, based in industries that are simply not up with the times. It was also very insular and took very little into account regarding international politics and economics. Even the movie trilogy wasn’t especially convincing. (In defense of the movies, they tried to follow the book while paying tribute to more modern events and technologies.)

This version of the story will be set in the near future - the mid 2030’s. (I am thinking about 2037.) The next 15+ years will have seen the rise of socialized policies in the US, as well as numerous wars around the world. Those, in turn, have resulted in an inflated economy, soaring unemployment, record-breaking welfare spending and a national deficit that is spiraling out of control. Social justice and minority groups will have an even greater influence on the world.

Instead of railroads being the focus, aerospace and early space travel will be the push. Communications and social media will have a profound impact on the world. Energy production and distribution will be another area of concern.

Story Prologue
Atlas Shrugged Timeline, The Atlas Society | Ayn Rand, Objectivism, Atlas Shrugged
Our story will begin in the wake of the collapse of civilization (2040 AD by the Gregorian calendar). The link above is an analysis of the timeline. John Galt would be 40 years old. Dagny Taggart, Hank Rearden, etc. would be similar in age.

We could skip forward to Spring 2041 (a full year having passed). It was left a little vague whether it was the spring immediately after the collapse.

Characters
Canon NPCs
Original PCs

I am looking for someone to run a female character around age 20, possibly the daughter of one of the people living in Galt’s Gulch (aka Mulligan’s Valley in the movie trilogy). She should be very much an Objectivist. The role she plays in the valley is up to you.

I plan to run a young man who trespasses on the valley not long after the end of the book. I have yet to decide exactly how he arrives, but he will not have been invited.

I do have a romance in mind for the pair. But that should not be the whole story.

Posting
I am looking for a good, literate writer. While I have a very busy work schedule, I can manage a fair amount of writing energy with a good partner. Posting will be in PM.

Contact via PM if interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back