• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Assassin's Pledge: Demons Interest Check!

GojiBean

Your resident irradiated Kaiju King
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi all!

Welcome to a new thread for Assassin's Pledge: Demons!

WTF is this RP about?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Glad you asked!!

AP: Demons is loosely based off a personal passion project I'm writing in real life about an Assassin who, by no fault or desire of his own, harbors a fragment of the essence of a Demonic spirit which caused his irises to turn red and emit an otherworldly glow. Hence he's known, appropriately enough, as the Red-Eyed Demon. He's the most feared and infamous assassin in the world of this RP, and his reputation for brutality and efficiency has already reached legendary status throughout his home continent.

In my original story goold ol' RED (yes, that's actually my nickname for him, lol) is one of a kind. But this RP is something of a "what if" situation. Specifically... What if he wasn't the only one?

In this RP world Demons can't exist in a physical form. To combat this, cultists who worship the Demonic realm must enact a ritual to summon their essence into the world which is then transferred into the body of a sacrificial host. In the process, providing the ritual is done correctly and to completion, the host's consciousness is completely destroyed and replaced by the Demonic spirit's. These spirits, however, are essentially brainless killing machines. So you can imagine what the host's now Demon-controlled body does. Yes. It goes on a killing spree slaying anything and everything that's clearly "alive" (the leave trees, bushes, and other things like that alone) until they run out of energy and need to rest before the cycle begins again. The exact length of the killing spree varies between individuals. But the rest time is almost universally 24 hours.

Something else to keep in mind is that the Demonic spirits do not feel pain themselves, and thus they don't experience the pain and sensations that the host's body would normally experience. So shooting them, flaying and maiming them, etc, doesn't really do all that much.

The essence of Demonic spirits is contained in a "core," if you will, which can be located anywhere throughout the body that the spirit chooses. It could be in the brain, the eyes (cough... RED... cough), the heart, stomach, pelvis, even the knees, feet, or a single fingertip. And as long as the spirit's core is in tact, the host body will continue to function no matter what you do to it. You could literally slice off both arms, both legs, and the head leaving only a stumpy torso behind, and as long as the spirit's core remains undisturbed somewhere in the torso it will continue wriggling and trying to continue its murder streak (even though it has no way to do so anymore because the host body has been thoroughly disarmed, no pun intended).

Something's Wrong With You GojiBean
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Oh, I'm well aware! Thank you for noticing! 😂

So How Does This RP Work?

Part One - The Setup

Remember what I said about a ritual being needed to summon a Demonic spirit?

Well, the "who" behind these rituals, as well as the "why," are the two big questions of this RP.

Who's summoning them, and why?

Another important question is "how" are they summoning them?

In the ancient days these rituals were conducted using books and scrolls with specific types of ritual circle designs mapped out and verses written in some kind of hybridized language of old tongues. But to the best of anyone's knowledge, no such books like that exist anymore outside of one or two specimens which are under lock and key within the vaults of the two largest libraries on the continent. And the chances that those books have been stolen is basically zero as far as anyone knows since the libraries are run by very religious and anti-occultist people.

So are new ritual books being discovered or unearthed somewhere? Are they being created? Is it even from books at all? Or has a new method been found? How are they being used in all five nations?

So many questions. So few answers.

The important thing to remember is that no matter the "who," "why," or "how," the reality is that people, usually innocent people, are being sacrificed to become soulless hosts to these Demonic spirits. And these poor lost souls are now nigh un-killable murder machines causing havoc across the continent until the host body is freed of the spirit's control via destroying the Core of their essence. And once that happens, the host dies immediately.

There is no saving them no matter what you do.

Part Two - Your Characters

Your character(s) (yes, you can create more than one if you'd like) do not need to start off as warriors or any kind of "hero" figure who wants to take the fight to these Demons and find out who's behind the atrocities they're committing.

For those who may or may not have heard about it, there's an element of storytelling called "The Call To Action" where the character is presented with a chance to confront the problem the story presents. They can either answer it by taking up the fight, or they can (through a myriad of ways and reasons) refuse to answer the call at first. But eventually the call must be answered whether the character likes it or not, however. Otherwise we don't have a story. Lol.

But yes. Your characters do not need to be hardened warriors or combat veterans in any way to be part of this RP or for you to enjoy and get the most out of the experience. They could be literally anything. A farmer, tailor, doctor, scholar, artist, architect, etc.

I only ask that you follow three simple guidelines when creating your characters:

1) The setting is early-medieval (no magic), so whoever your character is they must fit some sort of lifestyle within this time period

2) There are no high-fantasy races or creatures like Elves, Dwarves, Griffons, Orcs, Dragons, etc (sorry Tolkein and other high-fantasy story fans)

3) Please follow the basic principle rules of no God-Modding, Metagaming, or Power Playing as the use of any one of these will instantly earn you a one-way ticket out of the RP with no questions asked

The Goal

The RP will begin with our characters all just living out their lives. And this won't be a short section either. I think it's very important to ensure that our character's normal lives are presented and established firmly and given time to shine through before the chaos begins.

But when the chaos begins, you'll know...

Why Our Characters?

"If our characters aren't warriors or heroes, why would they need to take up a fight against these Demon-controlled hosts?"

Good question!

But there's a simple, albeit (and admittedly) slightly contrived answer.

Plot Targeting.

In this RP world, the concept of the "aura" is taken to a literal level instead of a figurative or "spiritual" one (although the people of the RP world don't know this).

Even though humans in the RP aren't capable of seeing or truly feeling it, the Demonic spirits can. And they're driven by their deepest basic instinct to seek out and destroy the largest and most vibrant auras first.

And guess what your characters will have?... Yep! Larger and more vibrant auras! So you've constantly got a target on your back whether you want it or not. And they're coming for YOU!!

How will your characters learn this in the RP?

I'll let that one be a surprise! Hee hee!!

Am I ebil? Oh ho hooooo, yes. Yes I am.

The Rules

The first rule was stated above when I asked you not to do God-Modding, Metagaming, or Power Playing, and the rest of the rules are as follows:

1) Please remember to have fun and do not take anything that happens in-world personally

Every character is controlled by another human being somewhere in the world. As such, those characters are not yours to control or influence. If they don't act the way you think they should act, or if they do something or say something that you think was offensive to your character or in some way was offensive to you, I'm not going to sugar coat this: Suck it up. That character is being that character. It's not the owner of said character trying to go out of their way to piss you off. They're just sticking to their own character and writing them as they know they should be written. If you don't like it, too bad. Those characters aren't yours to control or influence whether you like what's happening or not.

Speaking of influence...

2 Please do not try to influence other players

This is a very personal rule for me because it's one I violated when I was younger and which cost me several good friendships when I let it get out of hand. So I beg you to learn from my mistakes and take this rule seriously for as long as you're a role-player and storyteller.

Do NOT attempt to ask other players to have their characters act, react, speak, or otherwise behave in ways you think they should. They know their own character(s) infinitely better than you do. And if what you want to happen isn't what they know would happen in the situation you're trying to present, guess what? They're not obligated to change their character or make them go out-of-character just for you.

For example: If you really fall in love with a specific character someone else made and want to romance your character with theirs, you are not allowed to go to that player and say "Hey, we should romance our characters. I think they'd be a great match!"

If anyone tries to do that, please report them to me immediately and I'll handle it from there.

People make their characters for the sake of enjoying the RP world they're joining. They don't make them to be romance tokens or rival tokens to be handed out to whomever wants them. If your character isn't getting along with another character the way you want, suck it up. Either your characters simply aren't meant to get along the way you want them to, or there's something your character is doing that's putting them off and you need to figure out what it is and give them a believable in-world reason to stop doing that.

If, for example, it's in your character's nature to be arrogant and it's turning off the hot humble babe you want him to romance, you need to find a way for him to realize his arrogance and make a positive change in a dynamic way in-world to earn her respect and a chance to spark something romantic with her. You can't just suddenly drop the arrogance like it was never there. Believe me when I say this: I'll call this shit out immediately and force you to revert your character to their previous behavior patterns until you earn that positive change the right way.

3) Please do not try to add lore to the RP world without my consent

I ask that everyone remember that this RP is loosely based on a personal passion project and to respect that the world is pre-built a certain way and has its own lore already. If I didn't specify that there are ruins in this location, or that there's a festival of sorts on this day of the year, please don't just add something like that in at the drop of a hat. Always ask me first. Chances are high that I'll either say "yes," or ask that we collaborate to find a compromise because I know what you want might not work here in this moment, but might work elsewhere.

Thanks So Much For Reading!

I look forward to seeing who's interested in this RP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back