• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Ash & Moonlight

Hey Grey, quick question, to the general public, is it widely known if and which physical weapons can fend off the Dream-creatures? I wasn't sure if they were wholly metaphysical or if physical weapons affected them. But, it could also be unknown knowledge, I was wondering if our characters would know. Apparently they can be b/eaten, as the Inths eat them, but this may be a unique trait xD

I listed three things in gear because those three things are basically her keys xD having a double life means needing several things in a tag, I think xD

marorda said:
Oh! I'll post mine too ^_^
Archetype - Bard-Spymaster (latter unknown since she hides it)

Homeland -
The Whispering Marshes

Motivation -
Curiousity

Gear -
Elunar Lute, Bard Outfit, Spymaster Tools

History
- Exile, Abandoned, Lost Loved Ones

Failing -
Fragile, Mask, Unstable
marorda said:
I listed three things in gear because those three things are basically her keys xD having a double life means needing several things in a tag, I think xD
Well, I'd say you could synthesize them down to their base roots, like if her archetype includes "Bard", you could assume that she uses an instrument of some kind, so you'd really just need to put for equipment, like "Espionage equipment" should cover your gear. Or like "Lonely exile" for her history. I dunno, maybe Grey is cool with what you got already, so just making (un)helpful comments here xD

Stickdom said:
Well, I'd say you could synthesize them down to their base roots, like if her archetype includes "Bard", you could assume that she uses an instrument of some kind, so you'd really just need to put for equipment, like "Espionage equipment" should cover your gear. Or like "Lonely exile" for her history. I dunno, maybe Grey is cool with what you got already, so just making (un)helpful comments here xD
And if Grey is not okay, your suggestions are great ^_^

May run counter to plotted lore. Can change up if so.

Name: Aristom, Almoner of Light, Ecclesiastic of the Auxiliary Chamber of the Heart

Archetype: Portentous Lightbringer

Homeland: High Lontarn

Refining Mined Light, Smoke Protection, Customs of High Lontarn, Rhythms of the Caged Heart (Common Rites)

An accident in The Murk led to residents of its orphanage, Aristom among them, being transferred to the upper streets. By the time the orphanage was rebuilt, Aristom had joined the Church of the Caged Heart as a postulant.

Motivation: Moral Obligation

Gear: Lightbringer's Staff

Motivated to do good works and bring the rhythms of the heart to all, he travels with a staff that functions both as a light-dowsing rod and a beacon inviting people to attend worship. When lit, the staff is able to ward away shadow-creatures of lesser strength (although it gives away his location).

While he refers to it as a staff, it more closely resembles a fishing rod with an ornate little lantern in place of a hook. A piece of glow-glass functions as a float when he casts about for veins of light. So long as he sees himself as working for the greater good, he is able to use a piece of his soul as bait. This allows the open-carved lantern to pass through the ground, drawn to light in the depths below. He believes the quality of the light he finds reflects upon the quality of his own heart.

History: Abandoned

His desire to guide others through the darkness is due to past feelings of abandonment.

Failing: Arrogance

This is becoming promising. I hope I can work in my char without repeating anything already done... *woof*

Cirno said:
May run counter to plotted lore. Can change up if so.
Name: Aristom, Almoner of Light, Ecclesiastic of the Auxiliary Chamber of the Heart

Archetype: Portentous Lightbringer

Homeland: High Lontarn

Refining Mined Light, Smoke Protection, Customs of High Lontarn, Rhythms of the Caged Heart (Common Rites)

An accident in The Murk led to residents of its orphanage, Aristom among them, being transferred to the upper streets. By the time the orphanage was rebuilt, Aristom had joined the Church of the Caged Heart as a postulant.

Motivation: Moral Obligation

Gear: Lightbringer's Staff

Motivated to do good works and bring the rhythms of the heart to all, he travels with a staff that functions both as a light-dowsing rod and a beacon inviting people to attend worship. When lit, the staff is able to ward away shadow-creatures of lesser strength (although it gives away his location).

While he refers to it as a staff, it more closely resembles a fishing rod with an ornate little lantern in place of a hook. A piece of glow-glass functions as a float when he casts about for veins of light. So long as he sees himself as working for the greater good, he is able to use a piece of his soul as bait. This allows the open-carved lantern to pass through the ground, drawn to light in the depths below. He believes the quality of the light he finds reflects upon the quality of his own heart.

History: Abandoned

His desire to guide others through the darkness is due to past feelings of abandonment.

Failing: Arrogance
Very creative, i like the sound of this guy (owo)-b

Stickdom said:
Very creative, i like the sound of this guy (owo)-b
Thanks! It helps that High Lontarn's already defined.

I like your guide from the Seeping Desert. The somnivorous (such a cool word) Inth will be fun to see in action.

Stick's suggestions are pretty solid, possibly even what I would have said.

I guess I can set this up tomorrow.

Just when I'm about to leave for about 2 days... -_-

Ah well, xD

I guess I'll post my char and then start to actually post stuff when I get back? That is, if I have internet in the train and the thread is open for it ^_^

Sure thing. No rush. I'm pretty chill with one post a week if it comes to it.

I'm really active usually. It's just that I have a training for a possible summer job today and tomorrow. Since most trains have internet here, and the trip is 3 hours, I can still post from the train. But I doubt I'll post when I get back tomorrow evening, since it's predicted there will be little sleep. And I know myself: I get sleepy from long train rides... So big chance I'll fall asleep the moment I get back home xD

Then I can be active for a few days, but coming week is a larp event I attend, and I help building, so I'll be gone again from Thursday through Sunday. :)

This is a rather busy month, hehe. But still I find time to get online and post.

I'm interested in the setting and plot and I have also never done an RP like this before. What are tags?

Circus said:
I'm interested in the setting and plot and I have also never done an RP like this before. What are tags?
Tags are the bylines your character has. for example, a modern teenage librarian might have the tags "Angsty Reader" or "Misunderstood Bookworm", just one or two word descriptions that help identify your character and what skills and environments they are generally more comfortable working in.

Pretty much :)

Stickdom said:
@Grey , here's the very basest Tags for my character, I can expand on each when the time comes

Archetype
- Far-Wandering Guide

Homeland - The Seeping Desert

Motivation - Discovery

Gear - Caravan Guard

History - Outcast

Failing - Overeager
^This here is my set of tags for the character I'll be playing, you'll need to have a little backstory for each tag, just some simple explanations, but no need to rewrite the dictionary. So if you have a character idea, use the tags to describe them, and then have a mental history in mind, putting a few important or unique details in among the tags, that's about it, to my knowledge :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back