• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Aren't Harem games supposed to be fun ? (1x1 with Idea and Hella)

Hella Downweather

The Witch of the Quill
People who got run over by a truck had it easy. There was a clear distinction to where their old life ended and when their new, usually way cooler, life began. It was often paired with meeting a goddess and her, with all her gentleness and frilly laugh, would grant the foreign hero a boon of his choice. It generally ended with him getting something so overpowered that it allowed him to ignore struggle and dash through challenges during his stay in another world.

Which was why Akane felt as if she got the short end of the stick here. Gorgeous body? Meet better than average teenager girl. Magic powers? Well if you counted her almost supernatural ability to undress and expose herself whenever she tripped, sure. Superior intellect? That! She almost had that! But it was currently being wasted in a generic highschool. Skills when fighting monsters? One there weren't any fantasy beasts around, two she was sore after climbing a few flights of stairs. So….not happening.

You see, Akane case was special, she was reincarnated in the world of a Visual Novel. Not as the protagonist, no that would’ve been too nice, not as the villain either, but as the generic, big-breasted, clumsy older sister. Yeah, because the freaking main character of the world she currently lived in was her useless boring younger brother. And she...was a love interest.

The realization came on her seventeenth birthday, as she fell face first in the stairs while trying to wake up her brother. The shock was harsh enough to retrieve some of the repressed memories inside of her skull. In her memories, Akane Nakamura was simply a game character of a trashy VN called Love Love Tales, a bad love interest who was completely infatuated with her younger brother the MC. Her route was the main one and was filled with tropes, clichés, and erotic faceplanting.

Her first instinct was to complain. Memory loss wasn’t supposed to work that way, she couldn’t just...remember that she was a different person because of shock. It wasn’t biologically possible, and the whole reincarnation in a game was something so ridiculous she was convinced it was just a bad dream.

But as the days passed, and she showed no signs of waking up, Akane had to resign herself...she was not going back to her other, happier life. Some memories were still eluding her too, just frustratingly out of reach, slipping away every time she tried to access them. She didn’t remember her previous name or appearance, hell she did not remember much of the game content either, only that she was the main route and that they were other love interests who were pretty hard to obtain.

So, as any sane person would do in her situation on a school morning at 5 am, she took out an empty notebook and a mirror, starting to note every single thing that felt out of place. It started by innocent things, like long hair instead of short, a nose she knew was wayyy too small to what she was used to or an overall smaller stature. Then, because she was in a shitty eroge, of course, she had to have curves. Why would any decent developers think 17 years old needed to have a G cup was completely beyond her understanding. That meant taking care of her back and posture, plus it would make working out a pain...not that she enjoyed it in the first place.

Then, once she was satisfied with observing her new body, she started to write everything she knew about the game setting. The VN started at Tenkei’s sixteenth birthday, and the player had to guide him through the hardest year of his normal life. He had to seduce one of many love interest, she could not remember the exact number, and the game changed drastically depending on whose route he was in. If he was skilled enough, he could even seduce several of his love interest at the same time. But the big problem of the game was...it was almost impossible to clear. The skills requirement were insanely high for every love interest, and to achieve one usually meant to lose the opportunity to raise another skill. And if the main character failed to raise successfully his skills, he would end up with his older sister…

So I’m just a plan B huh...thanks a lot stupid game…

Sighing angrily, she was ready to give up and move to another city, preferably somewhere the MC would NOT find her when she felt her body move on its own.

-What the…

Was she mind-controlled by something? Akane could only watch with horror as her body still in light PJ started walking towards her younger brother’s room.

Oh NONONONONO!!! You must be freaking kidding me!

And yet, despite her mental protests, she started to pick up the pace, almost running by the time she opened Tenkei’s door. Which probably the reason why she did not have the time to compose herself as she tripped on a pair of pants that was lying on the floor, falling face first in her brother’s bed.

-Aouch...That was not planned….Good morning my cute outoto!! Please get up and make breakfast!

Ok, someone, anyone, please kill her. That was cringy, that was horrible, and if she was stuck in that body...could she at least have a bit of decency???? Just as Akane was on the verge of despair, she suddenly regained control of her actions. This allowed her to quickly get back up, a bit stiff, totally beet red. Oh, she did not want to be there. Maybe she could just bury herself somewhere?

-Hum...yeah..I’ll be waiting in the living room!

Yeah, escaping was the only reasonable choice here. So what if it made her sound a bit tsundere? She needed to skip her event, even if some kind of auto mode started it...Wait a minute...auto mode...If she was brought to Tenkei’s room simply to wake him up...what would it do when she had a higher affection level with him? She was totally not willing nor prepared for anything less.. savoury.

But as Akane was about to leave the room, she felt some kind of resistance...She couldn’t get past the door! It was as if there was an invisible wall, keeping her inside...Maybe it was because the event wasn’t finished? Reluctantly turning around to face the main character, Akane only had one thought in mind :

I will 100% escape this shitty game and live alone as a hermit! Just wait for me solo life!

Last edited:
[class=red] background-color:black; border-top:12px solid pink; border-bottom:12px solid pink; border-left:270px solid violet; border-right:270px solid violet; border-radius:25px; width:40%; margin:0 auto; [/class] [class=blue] display:inline-block; width:100%; [/class] [class=text1] text-align:center; color:hotpink; animation:{post_id}loop 5s linear infinite; animation-fill-mode:both; font-size:200%; border:2px solid pink; [/class] [class=grey] border-radius:50%; width:200px; margin:0 auto; background-color:pink; [/class] [class=bak] background-image:url('https://www.rpnation.com/gallery/wp3738661-jpg.41049/full'); background-size:90%; background-attachment:fixed; width:70%; margin:0 auto; border:8px dashed green; [/class] [class=text2] inline-block; border:5px double white; background-color:black; color:lightpink; border-radius:25px; padding:1%; [/class] [class=picbox] inline-block; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=title] inline-block; border:7px double white; background-color:red; text-align:center; font-size:200%; [/class]

[div class=blue style="display:none";][div class=bak][row][Column=span5][div class=title][fa]fa-heart[/fa] [font="VT323"]Flag 1: A Messy Wake-Up[/font] [/div]
[div class=text2]
~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~​

"Tenkei, you're a boy, so you must protect your sister!" His father grinned at him and raised a confident fist.

"Tenkei, remember to be kind and understanding. People go through different things in life. Sometimes, tragedies occurr before our very eyes without us ever being able to realize. Sometimes we don't see it, but that doesn't mean others aren't hurt by it." His mother explained as she tenderly ruffled his hair. He wanted to say he was not a child anymore, but for some reason he knew he was indeed just a child right now, barely older than a toddler. He was wearing a light blue footed pajamas with a teddy bear face at the center, while his mother stood in a spot-colored dress, her face seeming obscured somehow. "Sometimes people are lost and they don't know where to go. Sometimes they hurt someone and forgot how to apologize."

"Sometimes the girl you like doesn't like you back. Sometimes they like someone else. Sometimes that someone else is a total jerk that totally didn't deserve her, but was popular just because he contributed a lot during his middle school track team even though his brain power probably couldn't even do a 10 meter dash!" Interrupted his father, starting to get oddly specific. "Sometimes people split up. Sometimes they rush to love. Sometimes they are so depressed they end up with some ugly girl they barely know, get dragged into marriage because they immediately had a kid, and then she breaks up with them and takes half their home, and taunts them about being a useless member of society, well LOOK AT ME NOW CAROL; I'M A GREAT VOI-"

- - - - - - - - -

"One day, I'm gonna marry daddy and Tenkei! Promise! Hehehe." The flashback suddenly shifted into an entirely different time, when he was just slightly older, of playing his with his big sister who was placing a crown of flowers on him. They didn't have a garden, but at the time he wasn't old enough to think about anything other than how happy that made him feel, so why should he now? He just giggled along with his sister, as his parents gave him thumbs up.

"I, this boy's father, am entirely in support of this!" Declared his father.

"I am in support of this." His mother added, her voice seeming to change to an entirely different person's mid-sentence. Not that he minded. For some reason, he didn't feel like minding anything right now. These were happy days. Not like those other ones...

- - - - - - - - -

Suddenly, he felt so sad. His father and mother were standing by the door, with their travel baggage ready to travel for the mountains for the anniversery of their marriage. Tenkei insisted they take him, he didn't understand why they wouldn't.

"It's just for mommy and daddy. You have to stay here and be with your sister. Don't worry, we'll be fine. They did say a storm was coming, but I'm feeling rather lucky today!" Dad stated.

"Even though the sign readings said that cancers like me were going to have the worst luck tomorrow. But who believes in those sorts of things, right?" Mom added.

"When you come back, let's all get married!" His big sister set the final flag.

As his parents passed the door's threshold, it was like they were swallowed up by the light of the outside world, like a big glowing ball. Tenkei tried stopping them by tugging in their clothes, but they dissipated in his hands, and his parents continued to proceed towards the light like moths to a cold flame.
~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback Over~~~~~~~~​

For Tenkei at least, waking up with his sister landing on his crotch was not actually that unnusual, regardless of how such a sentence might sound out of context. It still hurt a bit, but her joyous, if still quite airheaded expression got him to keep his complaints in.

"Good morning onee-chan....are you really that hungry? Well, I better make your wishes come true then...or something." He chuckled and was about to pull away the bedsheets when his sister suddenly got up and attempted to leave the room, only to stand right in front of the entrance walking in place. He chuckled some more. "I see. That's why you're so hungry, you stayed up all night didn't you? Listening to music while raiding the kitchen for some snacks, and now you're all tired and making silly jokes like that. Or is it some kind of new dance move? When will you ever learn, nee-chan."

Suddenly, they found themselves enveloped in complete darkness and silence. There were no longer lamps or candles or flashlights working nor there nor anywhere else in the world. Even the Sun and stars had been erased. There was no sound except for a faint tune nobody was sure where it came from, and their bodies were entirely paralyzed, unable to make a motion. Everything was if time had stopped. The strange part, however, was that this time Tenkei could move, and a spotlight appeared right above his bed. From there descended a gift-wrapped package, white with red stripes.

"Oh, a gift!" He said with the excitment of a little boy on Christmas morning. He quickly proceeded to poke the present with one of his fingers, pressing into it until the wrapping naturally blew off in pretty color like miniature fireworks and the bo and wrapping themselves disappeared, leaving behind only some fading dust and a small collection of goodies. Light returned to the world then, as did sound and motion. That world-out was over, so Teikei was free to check on his goodies. He had heard from his teachers, whenever there is a world-out, some good boy receives a gift, and the whole world is made to wait for them to open it. My gift contained some lunch and juice tickets, a bit of money and two pairs of swimming goggles. Tenkei was really happy, even though he wasn't in the swimming team. Nor any team for that matter. He was just an average boy with no special talents, so of course he wasn't motivated to join any club in particular.

But he WAS motivated for something else.

"Alright sis, what would you like for breakfast?" Tenkei left the room before even getting dressed and climbed down to the kitchen still in his pajamas to get his little-big sister some food. He put on his apron, and was ready for her request!

[/div][/Column]
[div class=picbox][/div]
[/row]

[/div][/div][div class=red][div class=text1] Click To Play [/div][/div]

[script class=red version=2 on=click] (fadeOut 3000 "red") (setTimeout 4 (group (fadeIn 2000 "blue"))) [/script] [animation=loop] [keyframe=0]opacity:1[/keyframe] [keyframe=5]opacity:0.9[/keyframe] [keyframe=10]opacity:0.8[/keyframe] [keyframe=15]opacity:0.7[/keyframe] [keyframe=20]opacity:0.6[/keyframe] [keyframe=25]opacity:0.5[/keyframe] [keyframe=30]opacity:0.4[/keyframe] [keyframe=35]opacity:0.3[/keyframe] [keyframe=40]opacity:0.2[/keyframe] [keyframe=45]opacity:0.1[/keyframe] [keyframe=50]opacity:0[/keyframe] [keyframe=55]opacity:0.1[/keyframe] [keyframe=60]opacity:0.2[/keyframe] [keyframe=65]opacity:0.3[/keyframe] [keyframe=70]opacity:0.4[/keyframe] [keyframe=75]opacity:0.5[/keyframe] [keyframe=80]opacity:0.6[/keyframe] [keyframe=85]opacity:0.7[/keyframe] [keyframe=90]opacity:0.8[/keyframe] [keyframe=95]opacity:0.9[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]opacity:1[/keyframe] [/animation]

Love Meter Progress: 40/100

Hella Downweather Hella Downweather

As if to spite her intelligence and her newfound motivation to run away from a future with him, he started speaking as if she was a little girl. Like she couldn’t take care of herself like a freaking kid in a candy store. Wasn’t she supposed to be the older sister here??? Where was the proverbial authority of an older sibling? Glaring at Tenkei, Akane was seriously wondering if murder would free her of her current predicament.

I mean...there can’t be a harem game if the protagonist is dead...right?

Plus, since it was the beginning of the visual novel, her supposedly cute little brother was as defenceless as a little lamb. With dead parents, only one, easily fooled, close friend, it seemed like the perfect plan!

Until it wasn’t.

Her world was darkness, her world was silence. She couldn’t move, except for some slow breathing and blinking. What was going on? In the corner of her eye, she could spot her brother moving towards his bed, the only place illuminated. Were they under attack? But she didn’t really remember an event where time was stopped….

As she heard the blue-haired boy talk, her confusion quickly turned into anger. A gift? The whole world stopped moving because the system granted Tenkei a fucking gift? That was unfair, that was illogical, that was...tragic. Her only role was to be a doll huh. Look pretty with big boobs, but not too smart or useful, we wouldn’t want to overshadow the main character after all. A silent wife, waiting diligently at home for her brother to come back.

Was it how toys would feel if they were conscious beings? Only hoping their owner would stay nice and treat them well? Being powerless whenever they were put back in their little box. They, whose only fate was to either be forgotten or be so loved they would end up on a pretty little shelf, following their owner wherever they went.

She had to go far away from Tenkei as soon as possible. The longer she was with him, the less chances she had to live an autonomous life. But for now, she had to blend in, to make sure her brother ended up on another route than her. Trying to smile as stupidly as during the event, she answered with a sing song voice :

-I’m in the mood for something salty! Impress me Outoto.

And with that, she left him to his own devices. She needed a battle plan! And it wasn’t about to create itself. Getting dressed up quickly in her school uniform, she picked up her notebook and continued writing everything she remembered from the game and her past life. She needed to get him to raise his stats, in the game it was achieved by going to the gym, reading books or working at different part-time jobs. Items could also be bought and equipped to allow for a stat raise and affection points with a love interest.

Ok, so the first logical step is to find a suitable part-time job for Tenkei….Maybe I could join one too, extra cash could reveal handy when buying gifts for a love interest.

In her past life, Akane was someone organized. She loved making checklists, weekly planners and the such. Which is why she started making her weekly objective list before going to eat with her baby brother.

WEEK 1

1- Find out how stupid and useless Tenkei really is to identify which stat to raise first

2- Find at least one other love interest and make Tenkei have their first event with them

3- Find two interesting and SEPARATE part-time jobs, one for useless brother, one for me

4- Raise at least two skills of his

5- Find out my different skill levels by experimenting

6- Try and figure out if I can raise my skill levels

7- Do anything in my power not to have another event with my brother...I have a dignity to keep

She figured that with seven tasks, one for each day, it was going to be easier. She did have at least 2-3 months before the end of the game, so her early preparations had to be on point! Feeling motivated, the brunette made her way towards the dining room. Completely oblivious to the fact her shirt was not buttoned correctly or that her tie hanged a bit looser than what was permitted by the school, she charged, stopping in front of Tenkei.

-Surprise inspection Outoto! I need your most recent grades and physical evaluation!

It didn’t make sense, but heck, she was in a shitty VN, she could at least play a bit with the randomness of it all. And if it didn’t work, she could always go to his teachers, play the worried sister angle. That would allow her to figure out her brother’s intel and athletics levels. A few girls needed these stats, so Akane figured it would be a nice place to start her new improvised game : Raise your brother to become a harem lord.

[class=red] background-color:black; border-top:12px solid pink; border-bottom:12px solid pink; border-left:270px solid violet; border-right:270px solid violet; border-radius:25px; width:40%; margin:0 auto; [/class] [class=blue] display:inline-block; width:100%; [/class] [class=text1] text-align:center; color:hotpink; animation:{post_id}loop 5s linear infinite; animation-fill-mode:both; font-size:200%; border:2px solid pink; [/class] [class=grey] border-radius:50%; width:200px; margin:0 auto; background-color:pink; [/class] [class=bak] background-image:url('https://www.rpnation.com/gallery/wp3738661-jpg.41049/full'); background-size:90%; background-attachment:fixed; width:70%; margin:0 auto; border:8px dashed green; [/class] [class=text2] inline-block; border:5px double white; background-color:black; color:lightpink; border-radius:25px; padding:1%; [/class] [class=picbox] inline-block; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=title] inline-block; border:7px double white; background-color:red; text-align:center; font-size:200%; [/class] [class=floreal] padding:1%; margin: 0 auto; width:50%; background-image:url('https://pngriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Download-LED-TV-PNG.png'); background-size:100%; height:400px; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=scroll] width: 95%; margin:0 auto; height: 380px; box-sizing: content-box; padding-right:70px; overflow-Y: scroll; overflow-X: hidden; [/class]

[div class=blue style="display:none";][div class=bak][row][Column=span5][div class=title][fa]fa-heart[/fa] [font="VT323"]Flag 1: A Messy Wake-Up[/font] [/div]
[div class=text2]
"Something salty?! Are you alright nee-chan? You're not sick are you?" Tenkei nearly jumped off the bed as he ran towards his sister and got in the tip of his toes to press his forehead against hers with just one hand in between. "Hmmm....You don't SEEM to have a fever. I don't understand then, you always want sweets, heck I started doing the cooking because you unapologetically served us ice cream for breakfast, two days in a row at that! Wait, don't tell me...y-you-you're pregnant nee-chan?! Who is it?! Who did that to you? I'll...I'lll uh...."

After a moment to breathe, he realized just how silly his proposition was being. His sister couldn't have gotten pregnant, she was always there, taking care of him, except when they were both at school. It's one of the many reasons why Tenkei felt that he owned her so very much. There was no way she would have had time to meet a guy, much less get pregant.

"Besides, it'd be hard to find a guy other than myself who's willing to take care of nee-chan. She might be pretty, and really cute, but also such a clutz." Tenkei's condescending chuckle and headshake as he climbed down the stairs barely hid the obvious foreshadowing which Tenkei did not even realize his words had just set up. Still, he did feel a little embarassed at his mistake earlier, so he would do his best to cook her the best salty breakfast ever!

While his older sister was busy scribbling plans for her metagaming schemes, Teneki began taking care of breakfast. Frankly, he wasn't sure what to cook, but he smirked as he opened the fridge. He knew just the thing to cook!

He turned on the oven and the rice cooker and began shoving ingridients into the pot. Naturally, he also took out the frying pan, utensils and several sauces and condiments he wasn't really going to use, but it what if DID need them, maybe? What if he changed his plan and wanted to cancel and cook something else? Then he'd have to waste all the time to grab the frying pan. He'd have to be an idiot not to take it out whenever he cooked.

Tenkei grabbed a wooden spoon and went through a bit of an art style change, as his body seemed a lot more mature and defined, masterfully preparing his chosen meal: Miso Soup. In almost no time, both the rice and the Miso Soup were ready, and served a dose for both himself and his sister. The table and the food almost seemed to sparkle, and the smell got his belly rumbling. He smiled proudly to himself and leaned on the door frame, looking over to the stairs.

"Nee-chan, breakfast is ready! Hurry up!" Akane, who at this point was probably free from the constraints of the game scene since she wasn't on camera at this point, would suddenly feel another one of the urges from the game events... to go to the kitchen and...

"Nee-chan? What are you doing?" Tenkei began to rush to his fallen sister, but he couldn't help the sighs and chuckles. "Jeez nee-chan. And I went out of my way to try to fulfill your request too..."

......​

After breakfast was done, Tenkei grabbed his backpack and hung his hand holding over his shoulder, and opened the front door.

"Time to go to school nee-chan! I'll go on ahead!" Tenkei grinned with excitement at his first day of highschool and walked out the door towards his incoming, unknowable fate.
[/div][/Column]
[div class=picbox][/div]
[/row]

[/div]

[div class=floreal][div class=scroll]"Right after the first event of Love Love Tales, the audience was treated to another still art with Tenkei's sister rushing down for her breakfast and tripping over herself, spilling her first dose all over herself, which she laughs off while still on the ground. Memes fotoshopping the girl into an ahegao face, replacing the sister with other characters and even making chibi characters. If I recall, this sequence was also the game's introduction in one of the early teasers. It must have been a proud moment for the development team, for sure." The interviewer crossed their legs again and nodded at Kazuto Hitogaya, a spokesman for the Love Love Tales game that had been recently released.

The interviewer, Jappy Chap, was a famous W-Tuber who often interviewed people in high positions of more niche titles and subjects, thus catering to those niche audiences with exclusive words on their chosen topics. Kazuto reclined in his chair and patted the dollar store lab coat he was wearing.

"It most certainly was. The artists had a lot of fun making the details of all the food on her face and body, it was simply wonderful, though we feared it might be a little too jarring for some players. In the end, we're glad it at least got the word out there even though it was just the scene before they got out and walked to school, where we subvert some expectations."

"Oh, the scene where the main character, Tenkei, manages to avoid bumping into a girl with a school uniform and a toast in her mouth, only for the first heroine to come falling from the sky?"

"Yes, but let's not spoil too much. Not that the red head is even the first heroine in the first place though. Nor the main one."
[/div]
[/div][/div][div class=red][div class=text1] Click To Play [/div][/div]

[script class=red version=2 on=click] (fadeOut 3000 "red") (setTimeout 4 (group (fadeIn 2000 "blue"))) [/script] [animation=loop] [keyframe=0]opacity:1[/keyframe] [keyframe=5]opacity:0.9[/keyframe] [keyframe=10]opacity:0.8[/keyframe] [keyframe=15]opacity:0.7[/keyframe] [keyframe=20]opacity:0.6[/keyframe] [keyframe=25]opacity:0.5[/keyframe] [keyframe=30]opacity:0.4[/keyframe] [keyframe=35]opacity:0.3[/keyframe] [keyframe=40]opacity:0.2[/keyframe] [keyframe=45]opacity:0.1[/keyframe] [keyframe=50]opacity:0[/keyframe] [keyframe=55]opacity:0.1[/keyframe] [keyframe=60]opacity:0.2[/keyframe] [keyframe=65]opacity:0.3[/keyframe] [keyframe=70]opacity:0.4[/keyframe] [keyframe=75]opacity:0.5[/keyframe] [keyframe=80]opacity:0.6[/keyframe] [keyframe=85]opacity:0.7[/keyframe] [keyframe=90]opacity:0.8[/keyframe] [keyframe=95]opacity:0.9[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]opacity:1[/keyframe] [/animation]

Love Meter Progress: 40/100

Hella Downweather Hella Downweather

Users who are viewing this thread

Back