• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Apocalypse

"Well I was rooting through their things and I guess that might have something to do with it." Rum rubbed the back of her neck before seeing that the girl had stepped closer to her. Something told her that the girl was just playing along but Rum didn't mind all that much, it was just a relief to see someone who didn't have a stick up their asses. Most of the time when she tried to talk to people they'd either act afraid, angry or just totally dismissive. She had a scar on her shoulder from a bullet from one such afraid, angry and dismissive, not to mention trigger happy, maniac who didn't like her running over his roof. Which was open. And she stood on his head while running past, so maybe that's had something to do with it but that's besides the point! "Ooh really?" She tilted her head at Allegra, "well, it's been a while since people I've met don't try and throw me off the building. Not that I would mind that much, that is. Well sometimes." She added with a nervous chuckle as she rubbed the back of her neck. Truthfully she was quite anxious. She didn't know how big this group was and... judging my Liam's behaviour, they were probably quite protective of him and wouldn't like how she made him... Uncomfortable? Oh well, that was his problem. Human__Ramen Human__Ramen

Nikita Vissarionovich
"I remember mentioning that in order for her leg to fully heal she would have to rest and allow it to heat up at which point I can fix the dislocation." He was clearly annoyed. Although this was what his duty within the group was, he disliked having to deal with every single bruise that the idiots around got on what seemed to be an hourly basis due to them not being carefully enough. He was even further annoyed that he had to treat the deaf girl of all people. To him, the ability to communicate was one of the things that had set them apart from the infected. Without that, what was she even good for outside the food that she had already brought? Nikita then started to think of the possibility of them running into or them having already run into some new survivors and then allowing them to join the group instead of killing them. Before following Will, he turned his head towards who seemed to be his only reliable ally at that point, Francesca. "Looks like the moonshine's gonna have to wait. Just try not to get yourself killed."

spacient spacient S n o w S n o w

Cole Bishop

Okay, well, that was weird. "Hold on a second-" Liam was already gone before he could finish. Cole stared after him. A bunch of corpses had gotten him so freaked out? What happened to the Liam who was willing to investigate mysterious sounds by himself? He could just follow him, but somehow he doubted he was going to get any answers with the way he was. Cole sighed. He gave one last glance at the room Liam disappeared in before he went after Allergy.

He frowned when he heard a voice that didn't sound like Allergen. What was this, the third new person today? He stopped when he was close enough to see them, gesturing to Rumble. "What is this?" He directed the question at Aversion. And on top of them being seeming friendly with each other, she was making a mess on the floor with her blood.
Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Human__Ramen Human__Ramen

Francesca

The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect S n o w S n o w
Frankie sighed when she heard that Kate had injured her leg further. Of course she would hurt herself further, how else could today have gone? Frankie rescues her and she hurts herself more - just fabulous. At least she didn't need to take care of it, but Nikita would. She sighed, giving the shorter man a pat on the shoulder, muttering, "This is why we can't have nice things," when he started walking away to follow Will, she called after them, "If you need me I'll be clearing out an apartment," and with that she started walking down the hall, crowbar at the ready to pry one of the doors open so she could get inside

Allegra Sauvagess
She was about to reply to her statement, a gentle smile covering her lips, when Cole intruded in their conversation, a scowl present on his face. She turned around, her new-found comfort crumbling like the Roman Empire and leaving her with the dread of the real world. Allegra cleared her throat and jerked her arm over to Rumble for a split second.
"Uh... I was just chatting with her. She's leaving." Ally replied to Cole's question and took advantage to give the girl a good send-off for her to follow up on.
Rumble Fish Rumble Fish S n o w S n o w

Nikita Vissarionovich

Nikita chuckled at the comment of Francesca. It was a common line in movies and whatnot and it most certainly had a place in their specific situation. He walked after Will for a bit, getting to the room that the blind girl was in. Once they got to the door, Nikita walked in front of the larger man and got in the room to see the deaf girl lying on the bed. He then shut the door behind him and moved to the desk. "Doing a lot of movement and doing things that might damage your legs whilst having a dislocated knee. I hope you had a reason. I am sure you don't need me pointing out how fucking stupid that is at this point." He then laid his backpack on the desk and opened the zipper on it, expecting a response before he remembered that she was mute. "Right. You can't talk back can you." He then sighed and proceeded to remove the moonshine and the book from the backpack, setting it on the table. He then grabbed the chair that was on the desk and walked over to the bed with the anorexic girl and set it down.

Nikita held the damaged knee, applying pressure in certain spaces and pulling in others. He came to the conclusion that the joint could not just heal from being left as it was, and had to be moved back into place which was an incredibly painful process. Normally he would let his patients drink some alcohol to alleviate the pain. But, Nikita could not be bothered to get the alcohol, nor did he want to give any to her as a form of punishment. But there was the problem of her possibly screaming. He took a rag out of his pocket and then folded it until it was very thick. "I need you to bite down on this as hard as you can." He then placed the thick rag in the retarded girl's mouth. He then grabbed the ends of both bones that met at the crippled girl's knee. He had to pull them apart for a bit, move them and then snap them back into place. "Now, I want you to try your hardest not to scream or make any sound." after that, Nikita quickly moved the joints back into their place without any warning.

Human__Ramen Human__Ramen

Last edited:
Rum was still smiling at the woman when someone appeared out of nowhere. Another male. Her eyebrows raised as she noticed him and was about to make a quip but the boy interrupted her by asking who she was. She looked at Allegra as she explained that she was going to leave. She was about to answer but before she did, she suddenly felt another spasm in her stomach which made her double over again and groan. But she tried to pass it off as bowing, "Oh I am honored to make your acquaintance, sir and madame and I'd love to stay for the threeso- Ow! But now I must bid... you... A due!" she hissed, trying to stop herself from yelling out as she put her arms out as if trying to curtsy. She looked at Allegra for a second before heading to the window to climb back out it, though her foot felt like it was going to drop off and the amount of blood lost from it was beginning to make her feel lightheaded. More lightheaded than the hunger pangs caused. She stopped when she was halfway out to see what the boy was going to do or say. "Come find me sometime we'll have a barbecue someday with some... X rated Twister or something." she added, unsure what he was going to answer. S n o w S n o w Human__Ramen Human__Ramen

Katherine Powell
Kate simply stared at the bloody mess that was her injury when Nikita barged into the room, making her snap her head up at the male like a deer in the headlights. Her eyes followed the man as she walked towards a dusty old desk, listening to his observations intently. She pouted, slightly offended. She proceeded to reach over to her bag and pull out her notebook, writing down her explanation.

Me and Will were trying to find a way up to the second floor
She placed her notebook beside her, turned towards the doctor.
Katherine watched as the man touched and pulled on her leg, wincing every time he did. She observed as he proceeded to remove a rag from his worn out backpack and fold it a million times. He then handed it to her and instructed the paraplegic girl to bite down on it as hard as possible. Immediately afterwards he grasped her leg and snapped her joints back into place.
The pain was excruciating . It shot through her entire body in a matter of atmoseconds, making her shake and tremble in pain. The urge to yell was louder than her willpower to keep biting on the cloth. The rag tumbled from her mouth, allowing her to scream. Although it wasn't much of a scream, it was more like a croaky, hoarse groan.
The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

Cole Bishop

Cole felt relieved to hear that she wasn't staying. He knew that if Will saw the condition she was in, he would probably invite her to stay with them on principle. He squinted at her when she mentioned the threesome, and then X-rated twister, then decided to ignore her existence entirely. He turned his back to her as she went out the window, facing Anaphylaxis.

"Was It the only thing you guys found up here? Liam made it seem like there was something else, by the way he was acting," he pulled the blanket tighter around himself, wishing she would hurry up and close the window already.
Human__Ramen Human__Ramen Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Allegra Sauvagess
Allegra wrapped her arms around herself. Only now was she starting to feel colder than she was earlier, most likely due to her near-death experience which made her feel generally uncomfortable. Which reminded her, she still had an untreated wound situated right on the middle of her nose. She instinctively reached up to it, and discovered that the blood had already dried up.
Ally switched her attention to Cole's question, and pointed to the door that led to the apartment in front of the one they were in. "I was gonna check that place out when Liam came up here after her. I didn't manage to get to see anything inside." She told Cole, looking at the door suspiciously. She then redirected her gaze to the male.
"The door was boarded up, so I thought that there were goodies inside. The thing is though, it was barricaded from the outside." She informed him, the cold wrapping around her body in the same fashion as her parka. She shivered, pulling the parka's hoodie over her head. "Someone didn't want something getting out." She continued.
S n o w S n o w

Cole Bishop

Cole blinked at the door in question. "Okay," he gave Antipathy a blank stare, wondering what her point was. She seriously wasn't expecting him to want to tear off the boards and dive head first into whatever zombie, or more likely rabid, that was on the other side, was she? That was what Liam was for. "We should head back before they start dividing up the food."
Human__Ramen Human__Ramen

Hm, seemed they did not care whatsoever, Rum hung on the drain pipe to listen for a few moments, just to see what would happen. Seems as soon as she was out the window, she was out of mind to them. Oh... he called her "It". Real nice. With a huff she decided she should head up onto the roof or something. It was pretty obvious they did not really want her there. Well why would they? All she did was just take up space and frustrate people. Maybe she should just jump into a zombie hive and just do away with herself, was not as if she could fight them all off. Then again did she really want to be known as that dumbass that got herself killed by jumping into a zombie nest? With sigh she started climbing up the pipe. But as she got almost to the roof (which took a while because of her faulty foot) she was about to pull herself up onto the roof, she suddenly felt another contraction in her abdomen that took her by surprise and made her lose her grip on the bricks. "Oh go- ah!" Nope! She was not gonna go down like this! She fell quite a distance but was able to grab onto a window ledge and stop herself. It was only a floor up from the ground which was a relief. Any lower and she would have hit the ground. She let out a sigh and just swung from the window. But then she wondered... was there anyone in that room? The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

Nikita Vissarionovich

Nikita then stood up from the chair he was sitting on and then moved it back. He then started to walk back towards the mute girl's bed. "Your knee should heal within a week or so of it not sustaining any more damage. After that you can pretty much walk like normal with pain. It will take a few more weeks after for the pain to fully subside though." He then grabbed the notebook that she had placed beside her and read it. "And what made you think that you would be fit to try climbing up there of all people?" He then shook his head with a sigh and gave her the notebook back. When he did so, he heard something fall on the window. This startled him, but it did not throw him off for too long. He was curious as to what it was so he got closer to the window. He opened it to see what fell down, only to see a hand holding onto the window ledge. He recoiled for a bit and then quickly reached for his holster. He then pointed it at the person holding on. It just seemed to be a normal woman, a survivor like them. It was very tempting for him to just shoot her head but he decided to talk to her for a bit, learn about the apartment and extract useful information before doing so. "Explain yourself or die." He could clearly see that the woman was in pain. Perhaps she knew that he was there and was looking for medical attention. It was very likely that the other idiots of the group had already met her and allowed her to join their group. But if that were the case, then this woman would be insane as this was hardly a sensible way of getting around.

Rum sighed as she regained her grip on the windowsill. She looked up just to see... a gun nozzle pointed right at her face. She bit her lip as the man demanded she had to explain herself. Of course! Every fucking person except the girl wanted her either gone or dead! She fought back the urge to snarl something at him when she managed to supress it and grin instead. "Okay... Now I know this is weird seeing that I've just dropped in like it's fate or something but just hear me out!" She raised one arm (not the other obviously) in surrender and at his lack of response she continued. "I was rooting about upstairs- don't yell I got enough of that up there- and I ran into some of your pals, they didnt like me probably gay or something and I went to leave out the window and to get to the roof where I could easily leave. I don't like roads, too many chances of zombies and arseholes but anyway as I was climbing I.... slipped and fell and it just so happens, my friend, that your window was the one I landed on so I am so... grateful to this here window, god bless this window, caught me before I fell onto that fence down there." She waited for his reaction.

Nah... he wasn't going to believe it and shoot her in the head. Act first, ask after that's all that humans did wasn't it? That's how everything wrong in the world started, wars, destruction, bombings and what not... what could people do that wouldn't come back and bite them in the ass sooner or later? Seemed that it was nothing. People didn't come this far through good deeds and compassion. Medicine, technology, air travel, chemical weapons, all of that came from causing misery to their fellow man to reach those heights. Was that all they were good for? Was that the only way humanity could go on? By hurting others? There seemed to be some kind of vicious cycle here. Even with the apocalypse, when humanity is brought to its knees they still continued to target others rather than looking at the problem. Ultimately it was worthless wasn't it? Wars, invasions and all that, what good did it do? Everyone who took part are long dead and nothing has been gained. Even when the last man is wiped out, it wouldn't matter. The world would continue to exist afterwards. Maybe a new species will rise and take over humans only to make the exact same mistakes and the cycle will just continue. It won't end.

"...So are you just gonna look at me like I'm a vibrator (cause I doubt you've seen one before) or you gonna let me in? Or you could shoot me, I dunno it's a free country, man. You be you, God bless America, amen."
The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

Liam Grove

Liam shrugged his thoughts off. Now wasn't the time to be distracted by any comments that came from a stranger he barely knew. He was sitting on a chair he found when he heard conversations coming from below - it must've been Francesca and the others. Maybe they needed his help getting up here, or to regroup and discuss a plan of some sort. Whatever it was, as long as it kept his mind off things, he was fine.

Liam went down floor to floor, trying to find the others when in one of the rooms, he found Nikita treating Katherine's broken leg. He was about to ask what had happened but noticed that Nikita had a gun out, pointed towards a nearby window. Someone was clinging onto the window, a familiar voice justifying why she should live...
Nope. Wrong room.

He slowly backed off and headed further down the apartment, looking for the last person he had hope in: Francesca. Liam found her in one if the lower levels, inside a room that looked to be forced open by her crowbar. He then casually approached her, trying not to startle her from the sudden appearance. "I was supposed to give this to you by the way." Liam reached into a pocket and retrieving the can of spam from before, holding a small smile as he did so.

spacient spacient
Rumble Fish Rumble Fish The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect (mentioned)

Francesca

Fizz Fizz
Frankie was, in fact, startled by Liam's sudden appearance, "Oh my God!" she yelped, turning on her heel with her crowbar raised, ready to bring the crowbar down on his head. She froze when she saw it was Liam holding out the can of spam. She breathed a sigh of relief, "Holy shit, Liam, you scared the shit outta me. Gotta be careful, I haven't cleared the room yet," her eyes glanced around the room. This apartment looked very basic, whoever lived here was probably fairly poor since there wasn't much furniture or really anything that looked expensive. Plus it looked like it was cleaned out once before - probably from the person who occupied this place. Still, it left a good chance there were some goodies lying around

She relaxed and walked over to him, "Thanks for the food, but are you still hungry? If you are you really can have the rest of it, I swear I won't mind," then she saw a weird look in his eye, like he saw a ghost run through the halls or something, "Hey, you alright? Somethin seems... off about ya"

Nikita Vissarionovich

Nikita was not too fond of this character. She spoke too much. She was one of those people that immediately said whatever was on their mind without rime or reason. She was also the sort of person where you would have to carefully dissect the metric ton of bullshit within their speech in order to get their point. "Shut your damn mouth at once." He then waited for a bit to see whether she would listen to him and stop talking or not. "Your life is in danger and yet you have the audacity to continue grinning and making jokes? This is not a gun that shoots out a flag saying bang. This is serious and I will not have you take it with such levity. Now, since you want to talk so much and have a lot to say, allow me to narrow down the question for you." He then held his hand with his pistol using both of his hands, making it more stable and allowing him to focus more on this girl. One wrong twitch and she would be done for. "Why should I not murder you right now?"

At his shout, Rum didn't speak up. She wasn't stupid after all. She listened to what he had to say and mentally stopped herself from rolling her eyes. Jesus what was this guy's problem? Everybody in this place was so paranoid! So a stranger ended up at his window, what of it? Christ... why didnt she just leave? She looked at him as he steadied the gun. "This is not a gun that shoots out a flag saying bang." No shit! He had to insult her intelligence as well? That was rich coming from a guy who blasted the head off of anyone he met. How the hell was anyone else in this building still alive? At his question, she blinked a few times. "...Because if you let me live I'll fuck off and you'll never have to see me again." she answered bluntly. Really, she was fed up with these people. They were just like everyone else she had come across before. A trigger-happy asshole with no sense of life. It was quite pathetic really but she'd rather not die to some asshole's gun so if she said the right thing maybe he'd just let her go. Or shoot her. The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

Nikita Vissarionovich

"Because if you let me live I'll fuck off and you'll never have to see me again." Nikita chuckled for a bit. "Maybe you are part of a much more dangerous group, scouting out others to raid and me letting you go like that is exactly what you want? Or maybe you are just a lone survivor who got lucky to be found by our group. Regardless, letting you go just like that is not something I am particularly keen on doing. And I think you've misunderstood my intentions. I do not care whether I see you again or not. I do not care whether you live or not. I only care about how this situation impacts me. I am asking what do I have to gain from keeping you alive?"

Jesus what more did this guy want!? Her whole life story!? "Of course..." she mumbled under her breath, always had to be about them and not others. Great. "Fine. You're twisting my melon here." she sighed. She didn't really like hanging here this long but it wasn't like she had much of a choice. "I just happened across this place by accident, okay what more do you want? I'm not with anybody. Clearly." she glanced away, wanting to spit at the guy but that wasnt a good idea given well... the gun. She looked back at him, "And... Pfft. I don't know You could get me to do favors, I'm good at stealth, gathering... good in bed." she chuckled weakly. This asshole totally deflated her, why didn't she just run away? "...I dunno I... I'd do whatever you want." she added. What else was she supposed to say? He wanted to kill her, she could see that. Why wouldn't he? Wasn't like she would be any worth to them anyway. Not that she thought she was much worth in the first place. The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

Nikita Vissarionovich

He got even more annoyed. Twisting her melon? How fucking ridiculous. He tried to think of things he could tell Will and the others so that they would understand why he had to kill her. But with Katherine watching this happen, he could not lie. "And... Pfft. I don't know You could get me to do favors, I'm good at stealth, gathering... good in bed." But that last part bothered him more than the whole ordeal. "Good in bed? What do you take me for? Some lusty fucking idiot?" He never allowed his sexual drive to impact him whatsoever, completely ignoring it. For her to even try to appeal to him that way was absolutely sickening. He then started to squeeze the trigger. It was a while since he got his last kill. He wondered if this one would feel as exhilarating. But, Nikita was not one to have his judgements clouded by any personal needs, wants or feelings. Just before his gun fired, he stopped to contemplate whether or not this was even a good move? Was killing her worth demoting his position in the group? Was killing her worth not getting access to the higher levels which Katherine and Will want? Was killing her worth alerting every single goddamn infected in the area, ruining their shelter? Was it even worth wasting the bullet? He froze, processing the options. He did not know exactly what it was, but something made him not want to murder her in cold blood. He gave a big sigh and then placed his pistol back. "If you attempt to escape or commit and act that damages us, you will not be spared. I will keep you alive until the group can come to a decision about you as a whole." He then extended his hand out to her, ready to pull her up.

Okay no, bad Rum that wasn't a good thing to say! "N-No! It was just uh... Um... Attempt at self comfort uh..." She looked down, biting her lip. If anything she just wanted to cry, him making her feel completely worthless. Like killing her will mean nothing. That's just how it worked, wasnt it? You die and things move on as if it never happened. With a sigh she contemplated just letting go and letting herself fall onto the ground. At least she can have peace knowing she chose to end it. But just as she was about to let go of the ledge, his hand appeared. She looked up as he said he'd still kill her if she tried anything funny. "Heh... um." she wanted to talk. To ramble. To come up with some kind of nonsense to take her mind off of what was happening. With a sigh she grabbed onto his hand and allowed him to pull her. Why didnt she just fall? The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

Nikita Vissarionovich

Nikita tried to pull her but was only strong enough to pull her arm up. He then grabbed her arm using his other hand and placed his foot under to window. He then used all of the little strength he had to pull her up. After struggling for a bit, he finally managed to do so. Once he pulled her inside, the force that he had used was a little excessive, causing him to stumble back and trip as a result of him losing balance. But he quickly regained his composure and looked at the girl who was now inside the building. He then gestured towards the Katherine and introduced her. "Thats Katherine, she's mute. I am Nikita, the doctor of the group." He then turned around and walked over the desk where he had left the moonshine on. He then picked it up and looked at it once more. "What is your name?"

As Rum climbed through the window, she saw the man trip and almost fall, but as he gained his composure, she had the impulse to say something witty but his previous threat stuck in her mind. Not to mention he seemed to... really hate jokes. Maybe this was a bad idea... She rubbed her arm anxiously and looked back at him as he both introduced himself and.... a woman. Oh no, had she seen all of that? No... She gave the girl a wave before glancing back at the man as he asked for her name. "Hm. Normally asking for my name comes after- It's Rumble." she caught herself and simply looked away from the man. Nope, she wanted to jump back out the window, this was why she hated groups! She would have made a run for it but when she put pressure on her bad foot she hissed in pain. Oh yeah... she forgot about that. Despite this she simply sat on the ground under the window, hoping if she kept out of the way then maybe he'd just leave her alone and get on with his business. If this was what the "doctor" was like then frankly, she didnt want to meet the rest. The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

Nikita Vissarionovich

He had concluded that the girl was not really the type to betray and lie as she had not taken his bait and attacked his exposed back. He then opened the moonshine, and sat down on the chair next to the table. It was incredibly tempting for him to just open it and drink it all. Nikita had always tried to restrain himself as much as he could. But this time, he was just too frustrated to think of the consequences of feeding his lost addictions. He opened the container and then drank a few sips of the moonshine. He the quickly closed it and laid it on the desk. The injured foot of the new girl was noticed by him, once he turned to look at her. He started to think about how he should act towards her. Would it be better to "loosen up", or would it be preferable if he kept being harsh towards her? He contemplated for a bit and tried to weigh the benefits and the disadvantages of each. He knew that he had to get the girl to start talking. The group was in an area unfamiliar for them and they needed all the information they could get. And Nikita could gather this information by extracting it from amongst the heaps of useless bits of information that she spewed regularly. "Rumble? I am tempted to ask how you got that name or who gave it to you."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back