• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Apocalypse

Rumble was muttering a string of words that would make any virgin blush as she tried to scramble out of the window. But the thing was closed almost the whole way so she was having a hard time getting through, despite her skinny frame. Damn this gut! She could hear them debating on how they were going to get upstairs, most likely cause they could not just jump up the banisters. She managed to squeeze out of the window and was hanging by the windowsill. But as she hung, she suddenly realized that she did not have much of a plan.... great. Swinging slightly, she noticed the window underneath her was to the second floor. Hoping to create a distraction, she swung and kicked her feet against the glass, creating a loud banging sound. But she totally forgot about the splinters in her foot, digging them in deeper and making her foot bleed as well as leaving a bloody print on the glass. The woman tried to stop herself from screaming in pain. She growled and tried to climb back up the windows, but it was hard with her injured foot. Her only chance would be to climb up the drain pipe up onto the roof. She could only hope the two males hadn't seen her at this point.
Fizz Fizz S n o w S n o w

Last edited:
Liam Grove

Liam looked blankly at the chair, and then back at the stairs. It seemed sturdy enough to support him up to the second floor, but he wanted to bother Cole more. As he was deciding on what he should reply, a loud impact was heard again. It was as if whoever was upstairs wanted to make their presence known. "Fine, I'm going." Liam told Cole, before climbing into the chair and lifting himself up to the second floor. The entire floor was just as eerie as the last, and could easily be passed as a "haunted house" attraction. He was certain that with the collapse of the stairs, no undead would be able to make it's way to the higher floors. But with all the noise that is being made, a few zombies would definitely be making their way towards him... Well, luckily Cole was watching is back.

Liam hasilty rushed towards where the noise was heard, but only found a window that was cracked. He slowed his breathing and listened closely, noticing a distinct metallic sound coming from... outside the apartment? It sounded like someone was climbing up the building, maybe as an attempt to escape from him. This was his chance. He followed the sound up through multiple floors, and when he arrived on the highest floor, it was clear that the person intended on going to the top of the roof. There was a window that was near where the stranger was climbing up, and Liam waited, hiding behind a wall, to intersect her.

Rumble Fish Rumble Fish S n o w S n o w

Francesca

AttackOnTak AttackOnTak
Frankie sighed, looking into the face of the fallen woman. For someone who was hungry and had hypothermia she was certainly picky for wanting hot food. Her hot food. She was not liking this girl right now, and she was definitely treating her this way out of obligation, but she would answer her question, "Francesca, call me Frankie." It definitely wasn't a pet name, she just hated saying and hearing her full one

Allegra Sauvagess
Allegra was about to step in the apartment when she heard very fast stomping coming up the stairs. She turned her head to look at it, and her eyes captured Liam's figure rushing to the window.
She stared at the boy, confused. Snapping her head back at the apartment, she gently closed it. Searching the room would have to wait.
Ally approached Liam, who was up against the wall and peaking out the window.
"What are you doing?" Ally asked Liam, still holding her bat.
Fizz Fizz

Rumble grumbled under her breath as she tried to climb the pipe without drawing attention to herself but that was difficult with the clanging it made. She stopped for a second to listen to see if anyone was following her. She could not hear anything at the moment. Feeling satisfied, she went to continue up when something caught her eye inside one of the rooms where one of the windows was open. What was that? It looked like a jacket of some kind in the corner. Maybe there was something in it that would be of interest? More food maybe? She grappled with her thoughts for a moment. She was close to escaping but... she could probably jump in and out quickly with no real bother. She mumbled something before figuring.... yeah it wouldnt hurt. She leaned and tried to climb through the window without bringing too much attention to herself.
Fizz Fizz S n o w S n o w

Last edited:
Anastasiya Griggs
Ana nodded slightly and said no more, though she knew that a 'thank you' would not suffice for Francesca's selfless - though obligatory - act. She was going to pay her back, figuring that if she didn't, there would be consequences. The last thing she wanted was trouble. The girl kept still now, her mind wandering to places it hadn't been in a while. She remembered home with her mom. The small window that she did have with her before boot camp was calm and serene. It was a time she would never let go. Anastasiya sighed. She missed her mom and her Marines and her friends and her stupid dog that never really got anything right. She missed the way things used to be and she knew better than to think too hard on it but every once in a while it got to her. With her being a human, it was expected that she couldn't just let it all go like it didn't matter. But, at really bad times, she wished that she could.

Nikita Vissarionovich

Nikita walked up to the small huddle of three that was created. Nikita thought that if he was not going force them out the door, Angelique and Anastasiya would fuck around and waste time until they got married. He then snapped with his fingers to gather the attention of the three. "Get up. You can eat your food on the way to the apartment. We are not helping ourselves by staying here any longer. The longer that fire is on, the bigger the chance of some of the undead, an evolved infected or even a hostile group of humans pulling up to shoot us all." He then pulled the cloth of one of the tables and was ready to extinguish the fire.

spacient spacient AttackOnTak AttackOnTak Cronos Cronos

Colette Angeliqué

Colette briefly glanced down at where her and Anastasiya's hands meet, her attention being caught by the other girl squeezing her fingers. There was a small smile on her face before her gaze was now focused on Nikita which seemed to want to get out of there as soon as possible. She couldn't blame him. If someone would had to be stuck there it would be her. "Can you stand up? You can use my help if you need." Her attention was back on the girl at her side, nothing but worry on her expression.

AttackOnTak AttackOnTak The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

Anastasiya Griggs
Anastasiya wanted to send Nikita an extremely smug look, but she didn't have the energy. Not to mention that he was right. She nodded to Colette and rose with her, using the other girl's weight for support, "Yeah. I can do it." Her eyes fell on Nikita, then Francesca, then the food. Should she just grab it or would it be given to her? She didn't want to make things complicated. Standing there, she took a deep breath, making sure to focus on staying up more than anything else. Her mind ran over Nikita's words as she waited for the rest of things to be wrapped up.

She inquired,
"Evolved infected? I haven't run into any of those. What... What are they?"

Cronos Cronos The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

Nikita Vissarionovich
"Ugh. How did you survive this long?" Nikita then put the table cloth to the side in order to properly understand her question, almost as if he was telling a horror story around a campfire. "You see, the normal shambling infected that rot away only belong to a single type of the undead. There is a different type of infected that hunts us as well. They have many names, the most common being the "rabids". I call them what they are, patients of the evolved version of the virus, mutated in ways that drastically change their behaviour. There is a possibility that these weaker versions are a mutated variants of the "rabids" but I do not have the time to find out which is which. These special infected crave nothing but destruction as they usually kill their targets in extremely brutal ways, leaving them without the slightest chance of reanimation. The mere sight of the horrifying amount of entrails and blood lying around after a rabid attack is enough to turn the stomachs of even the most hardened survivors. They don't seem to like the day at all as they only attack and are spotted at night. And they do it in groups, almost like they are conscious and are forming coordinated attacks to rid the world of us, humans. One shudders to keep thoughts like so... Now, I do believe that fire wards them off, but fire itself is no guarantee of safety as they are so fast and deadly, that you might not even have a chance to react."

AttackOnTak AttackOnTak Cronos Cronos spacient spacient

Anastasiya Griggs
Thought she wasn't going to show it, fear shook its way up Ana's spine. All those night she spent alone, she could've been easily destroyed by one of those monsters. She snapped her mind back into reality before it got too far; she was alive and she was there and she knew about them now, and that was an advantage to her. Anastasiya shuddered slightly before answering his question, though she knew it was rhetorical.

"I uh..." she started, sniffling before continuing, "In order to survive, I moved in the day for heat and visibility and posted up in rooms no lower than the second floor during the night. I guess I was hella lucky, huh?" She smirked, but it quickly faded. "There were people sometimes. They would help me. They always told me to avoid being out at night. I thought they were just survival tips that I already knew, but..." she then wen't quiet. Truth of the matter was she wasn't safe then and she probably wasn't safe as she wished now. Life just got a whole lot more complicated.

Anastasiya didn't belong in this world. She was just as confused then as she was when it first started. She figured it was so simple. People died and started coming back to kill and the cycle repeated. There were no questions of why or how - it was just survival. But of course there was a reason. And of course there's more to it than just these reanimated corpses. There are mutants and there are dangerous people and she hadn't been exposed to any of that. She took down some of the undead, and the most she could count from memory was five. She'd never killed a person. Ana stuck to herself most of her travel. All that was changing. She would learn. She was going to be okay.

The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

Nikita Vissarionovich

"Moving fast during the day. Hiding in places that you may not be reached during the night...From your mannerisms, I can more or less tell you have not killed a whole lot during your time in this new world. With that in mind, even though your limited encounters do indicate a fair bit of luck, you did employ an intelligent strategy to deal with the infected." He had a congratulating tone with that last sentence before turning back to his much more serious one. "Just the infected. I know you are aware, but at this moment in time, other people are a bigger threat to us than any infected is. Hiding like you did can fool any undead creature walking by. But an armed survivor like you? Even worse, an armed bandit?" He made a shape of a gun using his thumb and his index finger and pointed it at her "They would not hesitate to gun you down before a single word, no, a single sound left your mouth. And that is why travelling in groups is smart to an extent."

AttackOnTak AttackOnTak

Francesca

AttackOnTak AttackOnTak The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect Cronos Cronos
For a moment, Frankie thought it was actually a little brutal the way Nikita was teaching Anastasia about the rabids. But that lasted no longer than that moment. He was right, she was incredibly lucky, to the highest extent, that she hasn't encountered a single one of them. She dealt with a pack of them at one time before, that's how she lost her father. She needed to learn at some point, and that point was better now in the false safety of the bookstore than in a random encounter when she had no idea what she was in for and died of fright. She raised herself to her feel, grabbing her things, "We should get moving, it's only going to get darker and colder, and I'd like to find and clear a saferoom sometime today."

Last edited:
Colette Angeliqué

Once she assured Anastasiya could stand for herself, the arm around her waist left its place as Colette began to make her way towards her backpack. She noticed Will's jacket resting next to it and she didn't have to think twice before deciding to put it on, it didn't quite fitted her right but that was the last of her worries as she removed part of her hair from inside the coat. A sigh left her lips when she began to feel her arms properly again, the moment she left her place next to the fire, the cold had hit her hard.

The brunette retrieved the bag and secured it in one of her shoulders, picking up the rifle seconds after. She considered giving it back to its rightful owner but then Will's words echoed in her mind and she let it dangle on her side, putting the strap around her free shoulder. When the girl got back to where the small group was, she caught some of Nikita's last words. "They would not hesitate to gun you down before a single word, no, a single sound left your mouth. And that is why travelling in groups is smart to an extent." He made it all sound like a horror story, those you would tell around a campfire while people ate smores. It still sent a chill down her spine and made her cling to the hem of the coat. She was almost relieved when Francesca spoke up again. "We should get moving, it's only going to get later and colder, and I'd like to find and clear a saferoom sometime today."

The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect AttackOnTak AttackOnTak spacient spacient

Liam Grove

When Allegra approached Liam, he was extremely surprised. At this point, he assumed that only him and the other stranger were on the upper levels. "Shh.. get down!" Liam told her in some sort of shouting-whisper. He would explain it to her later, but now he could hear the stranger approaching his level. Instead of continuing up to the roof, it seemed like the stranger planned on going into his floor, which made it easier to intersect. As Rumble climbed into the room, Liam tackled her before her feet even touched the ground. With his body directly over the stranger's in an attempt to restrain her, he spoke demandingly "Who are you and what are you trying to do?"

Human__Ramen Human__Ramen Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Cole Bishop

Cole waved as Liam climbed up and disappeared into the unknown. He looked at the ceiling, wondering if whoever was up there was stupid, or suicidal, or both. They might as well be going door to door, inviting every undead resident to a fresh meal. Hopefully they would be either dead or dying when Liam found them. They already met their quota for useless, dead-weight group members. Seriously, someone should just put Anna-Marie down like a bad dog before she got them all killed. Cole pushed away from the wall and sat down, idly shaking his leg. He glanced up at the hole.

He wasn't too concerned with the other possibility either, that whoever was up there was well armed enough to not care about making noise. He would receive enough warning on whether they were friendly or not if he heard gunshots, and assumedly, Liam's death noises.

Allegra Sauvagess
Ally did as the boy told her and crouched, mildly annoyed by him not answering her question. They stayed quiet for a while, with Ally not knowing what the hell they were doing.
She was about to open her mouth up to ask him again when he bolted towards a slightly open door out of nowhere, tackling a girl about her age down to the ground.
Allegra quickly stood up and ran over to him, bat in hand, her grip now tighter. She analyzed the girl as she squirmed to escape his grasp.
Fizz Fizz Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Just as Rumble managed to climb through the window, the woman jumped as she heard an angry yell and saw... a guy running towards her. Well... shit. "Hm this hasn't happened in a- oof!" She yowled as she felt herself be tackled to the ground by the guy and restrained by her wrists. She was more surprised than afraid at how she hadn't seen it coming. Bad Rumble, why be so stupid!?

She stared up at the man with a few blinks from her greyish blue eyes. Seeing the position they were in at this point, she smirked at the clearly angry man flirtatiously, "Jesus, I'm flattered but you're supposed to buy me a meal first. And why here? Door's wide open and anyone could waltz in! Why don't we go somewhere more... isolated." She said breathily before noticing the girl holding onto the bat looking like she was about to cave her head in with it. She opened her hands -which were already above her head- in some kind of gesture of surrender "Okay I can see some tension here- bash my head there if you want to live out your Babe Ruth fantasy- but... I'm just here for food, yeah? Found some in an old bag and then I was just gonna leave but there was something else in here and well, I listened to my belly instead of my head -gotta fix that I know- and I managed to bust up my foot so being pinned like this is reeeeally improving my day, thank you guys so much." Christ she was a rambler. Her hands swayed back and forth as she talked, wondering what she could do to ward them off. Though truthfully she did not want her skull bashed in so maybe being quiet would be a good idea? ...Nah.
Fizz Fizz Human__Ramen Human__Ramen

Nikita Vissarionovich
Nikita lowered his hand. With a smirk, he looked down at Anastasiya and said "Welcome to the group." He really wanted to see her reaction once she realised that he took her precious knife. Although he refrained from such petty personal things, they did give him some form of enjoyment and fun, which was hard to find in the world at the time. He then grabbed the table cloth, and then laid it out over the fire. He then lowered it instantaneously. The lack of oxygen due to the fire being cut off from the rest of the air, lead to the fire being extinguished. This removed much of the light from the room.
AttackOnTak AttackOnTak Cronos Cronos spacient spacient

Allegra Sauvagess
Allegra couldn't help but smile when Rumble began flirting with Liam. She leaned a bit to the side, trying to get a look at Liam's reaction before the girl began talking again.
She directed her gaze towards her again when she mentioned caving her skull in and "live out her Babe Ruth fantasy". Whoever she was.
"Listen, um..." Allegra began, pointing at the boy on top of Rumble, trying to recollect his name. "Liam, uh, you might want to get up and off of her."
Realizing that this would make Rumble a bigger threat, Ally placed her hand on her Uzi, dangling from the side of her backpack.
Fizz Fizz Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Liam Grove

Liam was honestly stunned by Rumble's first words. "No, What? What! I don't...!" He was extremely confused at this point, but remained on her in case it was a trick. When Rumble finally explained herself, along with Allegra's further comment, he carefully released her. Still slightly dazed from Rumble's first comment, he starting shaking his head while walking a few steps away. "So... You're leaving right after this, right?" He asked uneasily, as if knowing it wouldn't be that simple.

Human__Ramen Human__Ramen Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Anastasiya Griggs
Anastasiya gave a weak smile to Nikita before rolling her eyes, "This group needs work on its welcoming party." She tried to keep the irritation going - it was justified and she wanted him to know that, but it faded faster than she wanted. Ana was never an angry person. She couldn't pretend like it. With a sigh, she shrugged, "Thanks, though." In the darkness, she spotted the outline of the can of soup she was offered. Knowing she would be unable to waddle over there on her own, Anastasiya nudged Colette gently and whispered, "Can you help me grab that can?" She then looked up and glanced at the silhouettes of the others in the building with her. They were, in any sense, her comrades, and she trusted them. As if she had a choice.

Cronos Cronos The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

Felix The Stray

Felix stared into the fire with a long eye. He was beginning to envy the small group of survivors. His stair soon became a glare which only brought a scowl. The survivor's hands were freezing, the thought of a warm fire thawing his stiff fingers was quite comforting. He slowly rubbed his hands together. The temperature was dropping by the minute. He couldn't drink any more liquor in this temperature, if he drank anymore he would surely freeze to death. He let out a long sigh leaving a large cloud in his view. The stimulants of the cigarettes were slowly fading, the sharp pains in his stomach were begging to return.

The survivor snatched a large pack of saltines from his bag. He nibbled on the crackers occasionally washing them down with a handful of snow. Felix hated waiting, it becomes rather tedious after a while.

Felix slowly brought himself to his feet. He needed to stretch or something of the sort, he simply couldn't sit still any longer. He stretched his limbs before pacing the roof.

After some time of pacing, he noticed that the group began to stir. In his haste to find cover, he slipped on a patch of ice and landed with a dull thud. He laud still, trying his best to avoid straying eyes.

Francesca

The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect Cronos Cronos AttackOnTak AttackOnTak
Frankie made sure to pick up and put her jacket on, then replaced her backpack. She was tired, hungry, and she just wanted to get into a bed now, so her patience was wearing thin on all of them. When she saw everyone hand her things, she grabbed her crowbar again and started walking for the door, "Alright guys, I'm not waitin anymore. I'm the only one here who knows where the apartment complex is, so if you wanna make it there you better follow me." She fixed the collars of her sweater and jacket to help block her neck from the cold and she looked out the glass, hoping she might find a scarf in one of the rooms

Colette Angeliqué

"Can you help me grab that can?"
Colette's attention was back on Anastasiya as she scooted closer to her to wrap an arm around her waist. "Put your arm around my shoulder. But you'll have to carry my backpack if we plan on going like this all the way to the complex, can you help me with that?" There was a hopeful smile on her face as reached out with her free hand to Nikita, expecting that he would give her the can. With all that fuss, she wasn't able to find any good books to spend her time with. Maybe she could talk with Anastasiya, hear her stories. "Alright guys, I'm not waitin anymore. I'm the only one here who knows where the apartment complex is, so if you wanna make it there you better follow me." A sigh left her lips as she turned her head to look at Francesca walking out the door.

AttackOnTak AttackOnTak The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect spacient spacient

Users who are viewing this thread

Back