• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Apocalypse

Rumble was in her own thoughts -and they weren't the usual ones- when the man, Nikita's voice made her jump as he questioned the origins of her name. "Well, it's just a name I've had for a while." Total lies, she started calling herself that after the initial surge of zombies showed up and well... she didnt want to think about that again. "Gave it to myself, can't remember why. Then again I'm dumb as a brick so I'm not shocked." she chuckled slightly, desperately trying to get her groove back without angering the man any more. "Eh well... I've met people with dumber names. Once ended up having a night with some guy who called himself 'Tazer Face'... Jesus..." she said the last sentence in a quieter tone, still anxious about upsetting the man. She looked up at the girl, wondering who she was. Sure, she knew her name but that was it. Not to mention she was mute. Yeah she didnt really like how he just... said it like that. Pleasant. The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

Nikita Vissarionovich

Her speech was a lot different than before. Nikita realised that by threatening her, he pretty much destroyed her mood. And by how she looked and acted, her will to live as well. "With you falling to the window like that, I would say that the name suits you pretty well." He chuckled at the mention of "Tazer Face". He thought that the only good thing about this entire apocalypse was that the infected would do would be ridding the world of the weak vermin and the idiots, causing the remaining batch of humans to be more advanced than the previous. The existence of such a man with a name like that clearly states otherwise. "I wonder what happened to him that lead to him choosing that particular name. What happened to your foot?"

Human__Ramen Human__Ramen Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

"Yeah I suppose... Oh wait I do remember... my friend started calling me that cause I eh... eat a lot. When I actually have food that is." Again, a lie. Her having friends? What had she been drinking? She sat more upright as he seemed amused by her story about Tazer Face, "I dunno, would be a good story I guess. So I could tell everyone I saw afterwards." She said before folding an arm across her stomach. She hadn't had any pangs in the last few minutes. Probably cause her stomach was too busy tying itself in knots to consider constricting. She looked at her foot as he questioned the condition of it. "Eheh.... well." she rubbed the back of her neck, "I was... sneaking about up there and my foot went down a hole. That's what I get for trying to be stealthy or something." she shrugged. Truthfully it didnt bother her much. She had worse injuries than this in the past and had the scars to prove it. She couldnt think of anyone who would still be scar free in this day and age. Unless you're a wimp. The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

Katherine Powell
Katherine frowned at how he casually dismissed what she tried to do for the group. Hell, she didn't even need to do it - all she signed up for was to stay still and give them food as they let her heal - but she was starting to warm up to this group.
She was getting started on her reply when they were both interrupted by a loud thud, startling the two. Kate stared at Nikita as he went over to check it. When he recoiled and reached for his pistol, Kate followed suit and reached for her guns. Her left hand closed around empty air, reminding her that Francesca still had her pistol.
As she pointed her pistol at the door and payed close attention to Nikita interrogating a dangling woman, she eventually relaxed, subsiding her adrenaline. She still looked over at the window, and listened to Nikita growing irritated with the woman's quips. His rashness made Katherine frown in concern.
"What an asshat." She thought to herself.
She decided she'd just leave those two talking to each other. She put her notebook away and took out her iPod and earbuds, turning the device on. When it did, she quickly went through her massive library of songs, choosing a random song when she pressed her finger against the screen. It landed on Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc.
She cracked a smile for half a second and rested her back on the head of the bed, still taking occasional glances at Nikita.
Eventually, the man decided he actually did have some manners, and pulled the girl up. She rolled her eyes when she saw him almost trip over and fall. After they recomposed, Nikita introduced himself and Katherine. The way he simply spat out that she was mute in a derogatory manner made Kate flip him off. She turned her head to analyze the woman, who gave her a wave. Katherine waved back, her pistol still in hand.
The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Nikita Vissarionovich

Nikita started to smile. Only because he had noticed the contradiction in her speech. "You know, losing track of your lies this early into a conversation with a stranger is something that could be potentially lethal, depending on who you're talking to. You already told me that you gave the name to yourself earlier. And due to how your friend giving you the name is such a simple fact that is easy to remember, I can safely assume that your first explanation was the truth. Am I wrong?"

"Ugh... Me and my mouth- yes the first one was right. Ding ding! You win a million dollars!" Rum sighed, looking away. She didn't want to think about it. She didn't want to revisit those memories of wandering through the vast plains of Colorado just to get away from the wretched hive it became. Leaving little to nothing behind and nothing to gain. She stood up, hoping to avoid putting pressure on her foot when she heard what she thought was Feel Good INC. very faintly. She looked over at the girl who had her headphones in. "You like Gorillaz? Woo! Thought I was the only one! I... wish I still had my Ipod. It got broken back in Colorado..." she rubbed the back of her neck as she realised what she had just done. Oh great, more questions were going to come! She had noticed the girl had a gun in her hand but didnt seem eager to use it, thank god unlike Dik- Nik. She leaned on the wall and picked her foot up to look at the damage done to it. Damned floor. The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect Human__Ramen Human__Ramen

Nikita Vissarionovich

Nikita took note of her previous location. But he could not care about where she came from if he tried. He took a book out of his bag and then opened it back to the folded page he had used as a impromptu bookmark. "You are free to leave the room and say hi to the rest of the gang. Or you could sit here with her and talk to each other about gorillas. Well...communicate." He then proceeded to read his book, paying little mind to the girls in the room with him. He wished for either them to be out as soon as possible or for the others to find a room for him where he could work.

Katherine Powell
Katherine was pleasantly surprised, raising her eyebrows in amusement. She nodded her head slowly, acknowledging what she said. She was going to continue, but then she stopped herself, her smile dissipating and an awkward cold took over her mood.
Kate watched as the girl sat down on the ground and inspected her injured foot. She scoffed, a small smile creeping onto her lips. Seemed like people liked getting their legs and feet injured, huh?
Katherine redirected her gaze towards Nikita. It involuntarily proceeded over to the moonshine. Now Kate wasn't much of a drinker back then, mainly because her father would frown upon it, but there's a first time for everything, right?
She whistled at Nikita and proceeded to point at the bottle pleadingly.
The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

Allegra Sauvagess
Allegra looked at Cole and then back at the door, wondering about the next course of action. She hung her head. Although she wouldn't admit it, the kid had a point.
"Alright." She said, defeated. She proceeded to walk over to the stairs in the same manner a child ashamed of something they just did would, before she decided to go with her instincts and check the place out regardless. She turned around on her heels and made her way back to the door, placing her hand on the frosty doorknob.
"Actually, you can go do that." She shot a glance at Cole, giving him a smile. Most likely a reassuring one. "I'll catch up with you guys in a bit."
She had her Uzi by her side and was ready to fire at anything that popped out of the apartment, if anything did pop out. She took in a deep breath and pushed the door open.
S n o w S n o w

"Walk? With this leg? I could hardly climb a building, never mind walking." Rumble sighed, scratching her stomach. She could still feel it rumbling (ha!) but couldn't hear anything at this point. Seemed her gut was losing all hope of seeing food again just as she was. Great. She looked at the girl as she seemed happy that she had also listened to Gorillaz. She had also seen that she smiled and scoffed at her foot. "You like that kind of stuff? Guess the apocalypse is the stomping ground for people with that fet- enjoyment." She grinned at her since she was just humoring her. She saw the bottle of moonshine that Kate was trying to get Nik's attention for. She hadnt had alcohol in some time... she wanted some... but she didnt want to ask. She annoyed that guy enough without doing something like that. Human__Ramen Human__Ramen The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

Nikita Vissarionovich

"I drank a small sip in order to find out how much alcohol it had since the container has no label. Something that I had to know as I am intending to use the rest of the moonshine as a substitute for alcohol to treat your wounds and any further wounds sustained by the members of our group. If you recalled, I used up the last bit of pure, medicinal alcohol I had in order to dress your wound on your knee. Speaking of wounds, I could take a look at your foot if you would like." He then flipped to the next page on his book.

Last edited:
"Oh now here it comes, I knew you pulling me in here was just so you could get your hands on me. Sneaky bastard..." Rum grinned anxiously really hoping he wouldn't flip out and take it the wrong way. She sat in a position where he could look at her foot properly and looked back up at the girl. "Not to be rude but... do you... like use a pad or sign language or... blinks or something I dunno- forget I asked, I'm being dumb." She shut up after that. She didn't want to offend the girl too. She'd rather not have everyone in the building hate her right now when her foot was busted. The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect Human__Ramen Human__Ramen

Katherine Powell
"Well shit-" Katherine thought, reaching over to her multi-purpose, all-saving, possibly overpowered, probably Pandora's box Alice pack -"That isn't a problem."
She removed a half-empty distilled alcohol bottle from the bag with seemingly infinite supplies, with the lid taped down to prevent spilling. She shook it in her hand once or twice and proceeded to chuck it over to Nikita, certain that it would convince the man to give her the beverage.
Kate then turned her head over to Rumble, and smiled as she tripped over her own words. From what'd she seen and heard so far, Katherine was surprised she was even alive.
Kate mimicked writing down on a pad and then proceeded to point to her lips and whistle, hopefully answering the girl's question.
The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Last edited:
Nikita Vissarionovich

Nikita caught the alcohol. It surprised him that she had exactly what he needed in the terms of alcohol. Sure it was distilled but it was most definitely better for disinfecting than the alcoholic beverages he kept. It seemed that her backpack had all sorts of supplies that she had not disclosed to them. He noted that down and made it a side goal to look inside it once given the opportunity. With the alcohol in his hand, he responded "I will let you only have some if you promise to not drink it all and leave it at least halfway full."

Last edited:
Liam Grove

Liam flinched slightly as the crowbar approached him, thankfully it stopped an inch or two away from him. "I ate enough, you haven't eaten right? You should have it." Liam replied politely, waving his hand to show he was fine. The next question slightly startled him, was he easy to read? Maybe so, but anyone who encountered Rumble would also seem off... Or maybe just him. "Yeah, it's nothing much, there's this new person I found in this building and she creeped me out more than anything I have ever encountered. " He didn't want to go into details on why he was, unable to find the words in his pure mind to describe Rumble.
spacient spacient

Katherine Powell
What Nikita told Kate made her want to just slap him and take the bottle from his hand. Man, could he not act like he had a stick up his ass for five seconds? She couldn't do anything but nod, her face revealing her annoyed state.
Taking the bottle from the man's rough hand, Kate jerked her head back as she took a considerable swig from the moonshine. The moment the beverage burned through her windpipe, she instantly regretted ever even considering alcohol in the first place.
Her head involuntarily shot forward as she began coughing violently, the rest of the moonshine that she hadn't swallowed escaping from her mouth.
Teary eyes met with calculating ones, as Kate looked at Nikita and tried to control her coughing.
The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

Francesca

Fizz Fizz
Wow, she was just finding food left and right, and talking to the members of the group who were hard to crack. It was a very productive day for Frankie. She took the can with a smile, "Thanks Liam, did you want a bit of those peaches you traded this for? You didn't even get to have any of those, might as well share them together. Here, hold on a sec, lemme just..." she trailed off as she began knocking against the wall, pausing between every 3 to listen. When she heard nothing, it must have been good enough for her.

She looked back to him, "Creepy? Like.... Vampire Woman creepy? Or dentist creepy? Or gang chick creepy? Whichever way it goes I wanna prepare for the worst - whoever scared the hell outta you left an impression." had he just told her it was an innuendo thing, she would totally understand. Asexuality and sex aversion kinda helped with her understanding of what he was feeling to a more extreme degree, but of course she wouldn't know that unless he told her

Colette Angeliqué

Once they got to the apartment complex, Colette did her best to rush in with Anastasiya, wanting to get out of the cold as soon as possible. The harsh blows of the wind like sharp knives, the piercing brisk penetrating her skin through the layers of clothing. "Merde!" Mumbled words leave her lips as she stumbled inside; she might be quite strong for someone her weight but the cold was slowing down her movements. Light brown eyes wandered around the perimeter, searching for somewhere she could let Anastasiya down.

When her gaze fell on an apartment door, she wasted no time making her way with the smaller girl towards it. With a harsh bump of her side on the door, it hanged open. A small living room came into sight and a sigh of relief escaped her lips, as she felt slightly warmer. "Peux-tu-" Her sentence was cut short as an anxious laughter fell from her lips and she reminded herself to switch her brain back to english. "Pardon me, what I was going to say was: can you get to the couch all by yourself? I think I'll probably have to go return this jacket to Will. There is water and some fruits on my backpack, if you need anything." There was a small smile on her lips as she focused on the girl her next to her.

AttackOnTak AttackOnTak

Last edited:
Cole Bishop

Cole was on the first step down when Antigen went back to the door. And to think for a second there he thought she would actually listen to him and let some mysteries stay a mystery. He wasn't sure why he bothered trying to include her. He shook his head when she started to open the door, turning away. He lifted his hand in a wave without looking. "Have fun getting eaten alive," he took another step down. "If you scream loud enough, I'm sure someone will come save you. Not me, but somebody. Probably." He glanced through the hole at the chair below him, shoving his hands in his pockets.
Human__Ramen Human__Ramen

Will Harris

Will stood in the doorway for a few minutes as Nikita tended to Kate, and once he saw that her leg had been properly set, he left to see how the others were doing. In retrospect, and with Nikita's scolding fresh in his mind, what they'd done was a bit reckless with Kate's injury, but how could either of them have predicted that the ladder would fall the way it did? He never would have agreed to her plan if he thought that would happen. But that was his job, wasn't it? To think of and make a plan for every scenario, even if it was far-fetched and unlikely to happen. He frowned at himself.

He stopped for a second in the hallway when he saw Frankie, but she seemed to be a bit preoccupied with Liam, so he'd talk with her later about what kept them for so long. Will followed the sound of voices through the open door of an apartment, and came across Colette and Anastasiya, who didn't look like she was on death's door anymore. He knew nothing about her other than her name, but he still felt relieved. "You okay?" The question was meant mostly for Anastasiya, but he glanced at Colette to see if she would answer too.
Cronos Cronos AttackOnTak AttackOnTak .

Last edited:
Nikita Vissarionovich

Nikita had regretted sparing and helping all three of the new additions to the group. They were all either crippled, useless or just fucking annoying. He did not quite like the girl responding to his attempt to help her with the type of response that he had already shown to dislike. The girl just spoke without thinking which is what Nikita disliked a lot. But he knew that she meant it as a joke. He did not share her sense of humour but figured that she had not meant it seriously. "I was only offering to help you, as it seems that you won't be leaving anytime soon. The other members of the group are much less... careful and will be nicer to you. You're free to jump back out the way you came in."

Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

He knew that the girl was annoyed by him. But he had to keep at least some moonshine. He had promised Francesca earlier that he would give her some of it which would not be possible if none of the drink was spared. Offering little resistance when she took it from his hand, Nikita went back to reading his book. But then he heard her struggling to deal with the strength of the drink, coughing some of it up. He realised that she was not the type of person who drank a lot of alcohol. He wondered why she wanted to try a heavy drink such as moonshine on her first time. But he shrugged. Her teary eyes connected with his. Nikita was nonetheless entertained by the whole thing, showing it off only through subtle facial expressions and a small chuckle.

"I. Know." Rum bluntly responded. Christ... why did she even try with this guy? She sighed deeply before folding her arms and looking away from him, deciding just to be quiet and let him get on with it. Though she'd have to resist the urge to kick him in the face when he actually got around to checking her foot over. She didn't listen to what was happening but she figured it was about the alcohol. God... when was the last time she had a drink? Must have been months ago. It didn't feel good. She sighed before shutting her eyes. She really just wanted to eat. But when was that going to happen? Never probably. The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect Human__Ramen Human__Ramen

Liam Grove

"Yeah I guess I can have some of the peaches then."
Even though the entire area outside was covered in snow, he didn't want to catch some unknown undead diesease just from drinking off it. Peaches could be the only form of hydration he would receive at this time. He watched as Francesca knocked on the walls, puzzled by what she was doing. Was she checking the apartment's stablity? If the walls were hiding someone? Whatever it was, she seemed satisfied so he figured it wasn't a cause for concern.

"Um... "
Liam was against using sexual words, it was something that he grew up with. "Inappropriately creepy?" Was that the right way to describe it? He pondered for a bit, finding a better description for Rumble. "Naughty, R18+, ew kind of creepy." Hopefully she got the hint from that, Liam ran out of words to use.

spacient spacient

Nikita Vissarionovich

Nikita placed his book open on the desk and then proceeded to stand up. From where he was looking at her foot, it did not seem that a proper disinfection with alcohol was necessary due to the sizes of the cuts. But he wanted to see how this girl would react to excruciating pain. He grabbed the bottle of distilled alcohol that the other girl threw at him and got a piece of medical cotton from his bag. He placed the cotton on top of the open bottle of alcohol and then tilted it so that some of the alcohol would be absorbed into it. He then placed the bottle back, taking a roll of bandages and walking towards her. After getting closer to her, he knelt and grabbed her foot. He then inspected it. The foot seemed to have small cuts, grazing, a few splinters and it was sprained. "Your ankle is sprained. It is not too bad however, only a grade one. That means that it should heal in a week or two." He then applied the cotton with the alcohol to the cuts without warning. He only briefly touched each one and then crumbled up the now bloody piece of cotton. He then proceeded to pick out every splinter one by one. In order to speed up the healing of a sprained ankle, he had to find a way to apply compression to the ankle. And since Nikita had no compression wraps, he had to improvise with bandages. He rolled the bandage around the sprained area as tightly possible. He then cut off the rest of the roll from what he used, and then ripped the final end of the bandage that was on the girl's foot in half. He then tied the two ends around the ankle, applying even more pressure. "Try not to put any weight on the foot alright?" Once he was done, he stood up and walked over to the desk where he had left his crowbar. Another chair was in the apartment that they were in. Nikita took the other wooden chair that was there and set it in front of him. He then proceeded to strike it as hard as he could with his crowbar. He struggled a bit but finally managed to get the piece of wood that acted as both the leg of the chair and the back rest to separate from the rest of the chair. He removed the odd bits off wood from the long, thin plank he had gotten and then set it on the ground. It was tall enough for him to walk comfortably with. But she was taller so it might have caused some problems for her. He then walked over to the girl and offered to give her the improvised crutch. "Use this as a crutch to walk."

Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Allegra Sauvagess

Ally ignored Cole's remarks. That boy was starting to annoy her, but she decided to just leave it be.
But then...
"Whatever, pussy, you do you." She insulted him, stepping into the apartment and waiting for her eyes to adjust to the darkness. Sure, it was a childish thing to say, but she figured since he was like, one or two years younger than her, it could potentially work out, and she could get a rise out of the teen.
She slowly walked around the apartment, keeping her ears open for any suspicious noises and for Cole's reply.

S n o w S n o w

Last edited:
Rumble looked at the man as he inspected her foot. But nothing prepared her for the alcohol touching it which made the woman yowl and bite her fist to stop herself from lashing out at the man. She looked back at the man as he inspected her, "Hm... That's one way to stop me from running over your roof." She smirked as she tried to ignore the pain from her foot. She allowed him to bandage it, watching him... destroy a chair. Suppressed rage much? But as he came back towards her, mentioning a crutch, she stood up, keeping her foot off the ground. "A crutch? Hm. That'll make some... things more difficult. Oh well, gives me a chance for new positions." she was muttering to herself mostly, knowing Nik was not going to like hearing that. Asshat. The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

Nikita Vissarionovich

"A crutch? Hm. That'll make some... things more difficult. Oh well, gives me a chance for new positions." Nikita chuckled at how she applied her humour in a way that was unthinkable and certainly unexpected for him. "Not one to shy away from change are you?" He then walked back to his desk and started to pack his bag pack. He placed the roll of bandages, the alcohol and his book in an incredibly organised fashion inside his backpack. He then extended his hand out to Katherine, gesturing her to return the moonshine.

Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Users who are viewing this thread

Back