• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy AoP OoC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I'll be posting again tonight must likely. Then working on more lore. I unfortunately had to pick up another shift at work.

Almost posted... But I'm passing out. I'll try and finish it tomorrow and not leave people hanging. XD If more people post thought that gives me some more meat anyways. So I won't complain.

I'm loving that post Hextremus Hextremus !! I have trouble remembering names IRL so I constantly assign nicknames to people. My oldest daughters friends get the brunt of it. Aardvark made me audibly giggle and that was great!

Hey, I'm the new guy! I'm hoping to be the friendly magical shopkeeper, so if you need something, I'll probably eventually have it! I might join you guys, but my character is not the most enthusiastic adventurer. He'll wander over to watch you guys have your fun, then meander back to his shop.

Ronan Ronan whoops, didn't refresh before I posted. I'll make sure to edit it in just a minute.
Err... after reading it, I can't really think of too much to add. I'll leave it be till I get home unless you think it's fine.

If no one has noticed, I added a little part to the lore for... well, lore I guess. Sort a culture and stories setting. I'm pretty bad at this part, so if you guys give suggestions It'll get added to a lot more frequently. Up next will probably be the economy. Do not worry if you've used currency in any of your posts, as we can just gloss over that once I give a proper conversion and explanation for money.

If no one has noticed, I added a little part to the lore for... well, lore I guess. Sort a culture and stories setting. I'm pretty bad at this part, so if you guys give suggestions It'll get added to a lot more frequently. Up next will probably be the economy. Do not worry if you've used currency in any of your posts, as we can just gloss over that once I give a proper conversion and explanation for money.

Well done! I can see my character having trouble adapting to this new way of courting due to the fact that he came from ancient times when things were different. It could make for some good comedy XD

A busy weekend I have had, but there are things I've been thinking up to add to the story. So stay tuned for some sneaky extra posts I might splash here and there.

Last edited:
Okay, I have a kinda funny story that I want to share. It really has nothing to do with the RP but I think you may enjoy it.

When I was in the Marines, more specifically boot camp, I was at the firing range doing marksmanship training. Every time we went to the range they would give us these little yellow earplugs attached to a thin blue plastic string. We would cut the string in the middle and attach each earplug to the right and left sides of our kevlar helmet, right above where our ears would be. Before firing we would insert the plugs into our ears and ensure a snug fit. While the earplugs were in your gunfire sounded no louder than popcorn popping in the microwave.

I was at the 500 yard mark. At this distance you were required to shoot 20 rounds from the prone (laying on your belly) position. The 20 rounds were split up into 2 clips, 10 rounds each, forcing you to reload halfway through.

I fired my first 10 rounds off without issue. I hit the small black dot that was around 10 inches in diameter with every shot. I then reloaded my M16a2 assault rifle.

I placed my sights back on the black dot 500 yards away.

I gently squeezed the trigger.

BANG

My right ear was instantly filled with the sound of nothing after being assaulted with the bang.

Somehow, while reloading my weapon, my earplug in my right ear had slipped out and I hadn't noticed. It took a few hours for my hearing to come back in that ear but it never fully returned. To this day I have had problem hearing well from that ear.

Now we switch ahead in time to yesterday.

After a long day at work I got home, sat in my favorite chair, and turned on the TV. While I was watching and resting on of those typical lawyer commercials came on. You know the ones. They ask a bunch of questions and if you answer yes to all of them you could be qualified to receive a fraction of a multi-million dollar settlement. Most of them are about mesophylioma or some faulty surgical thing so I usually ignore them. But this one was different.

Are you in or were you previously in the US military?

Me: Yes

Have you suffered from hearing loss due to faulty ear protection?

Me: Yes

Has your life been hampered from this hearing loss?

Me: A little

Then you could be qualified to receive compensation due to a recent settlement!

I suddenly sat on the edge of my seat, excited at the prospect of free money. But then, the commercial continued...

If you used these earplugs (picture shown on the screen of black and yellow earplugs with little ridges in them) between the years of 2003-2015, call this number now!

The number was displayed mockingly on the bottom of the screen below the earplugs.

Those were not the earplugs I used and not the years I was in the Marines. I had gotten out in 1999, four years before those were put into circulation...

I sat back in my seat, changed the channel, then noticed my dog sitting next to me, staring at me, with a stupid grin on his face.

He knew... He thought it was hilarious...

Then he farted on me...

oof sorry guys im still waiting for my internet to be moved to my new address also having to dedicate lot of time towards uni things -.-"

Naeg1 Naeg1 after reading your post on the main thread I really feel like making my character speak up and say, "The reward is not being dead... Duh!" XD But I won't. I post a lot of nonsense enough as it is XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back