• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Anyone interested in playing a benevolent/good guy villain?

Bunesh

Filled with DETERMINATION
So, I'm looking for someone interested in playing a justified villain, the kind of person who does what they do for the greater good and to bring peace and prosperity to the people as a whole. But in doing so, he ends up harming my character who ends up on a quest to get her revenge on him. Anyone who has played Tales of Berseria knows what I'm talking about. My character will be someone who is emotionally and psychologically mangled from what she experienced and in many ways defined by it, basically a big bundle of emotional issues.

Below I have included a tenuous introduction but it's not set in stone and I welcome people who enjoy worldbuilding and aren't afraid to take control and run with an idea without prompting.

----

When a spirit is called, or escapes from, the underworld to possess something in the living world; be it a tree, an animal, or one of the many races of Arcadia, the resulting creature is a demon. These creatures are twisted, foul abominations that seek only to inflict their own hate on the living. You have seen it first hand, you saw it as a child when enemy nations would possess prisoners with these spirits and turn the resulting feral demons loose on the populace of their foes, or on the battlefields. Those bitten by a demon who survive become fiends; half-demon, half-mortals who inevitably go insane and kill anyone around them.

You saw your own father, a soldier in a King's army return home with a bite and go insane, he killed your baby brother, your elder sister, and your mother before being put down. You will never forget the rage, the hate in his eyes as he slaughtered them. You were taken in by the Church of The Goddess, and there was trained in how to defeat such creatures. Inevitably you underwent the Trial of Purity, where a mortal enters a pool of water so holy and pure it is said to have originated from the tears of the Goddess herself. Those who are able to walk up to their knees and back without perishing from the pure holy light are elevated to paladins, those who are consumed by the pool become saints. None are able to survive for long in the pool though, for it is too pure and mortals are not. But you... you felt naught but a slight burning as you entered and so went deeper and deeper into the pool until you were entirely submerged.

When you emerged, you had ascended to something more than human, something with extraordinary powers.

You were hailed as a Demi-Angel, The Living Saint for your ability to sense demons and fiends alike and purge them with your holy fire and soon found that the king himself, the very king who sent your father off to war, was in fact a fiend, barely clinging to his own sanity and so slew him and thus you were elevated to the position of the new monarch.

Under your leadership you drove the fiends and demons back, reclaiming the land for your people, and stretched the borders out, creating a nation called The Blessed Lands, where your people could thrive beneath the light and charity of the Goddess.

But you never forgot the maddened, hateful leer in your father's eye, as he butchered your family before you, and even as he was slain by the guards, he still pinned you with a look of such deep, insane hatred. Your forces were sent forth to search for fiends and demons living amongst the innocent, a holy purge, though you quickly realized that creating a land entirely and permanently free of the dark taint was impossible for dark spirits could squirm their way free of the Underworld in any place, save for your home city for your presence prevented them from manifesting.

So instead you created the Lumen Guard, those infused with a tiny fraction of light and thus sensitive to the presence of demons and fiends, and sent them forth to patrol the lands and purify any evil they encountered.

And the people adored you.

But there was one village that you were unaware of, located far from any other, isolated by choice and design, a village called Everwind Village where the entire populace was naught but demons and fiends. Your Lumen Guard didn't understand that these people strove to live in peace, to master their dark urges and nature, and kept to themselves so that no one else was in any danger. No, all your guards saw were demons and fiends, and the countless deaths wrought by their race and so with a heavy heart and a firm hand, entered the village and leveled it. Every man, woman, and child were put to the sword and the village was burned. A report would later be delivered to you, a tragic but necessary measure for the greater good of all.

But you didn't know that one girl had survived...

---

PM me if interested

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back