• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Anyone Interested in a Scion: Origins game?

Killerclown

Two Thousand Club
Would anyone be interested in a Scion: Origins game set in a New England university town called Maplethorpe? You would be students of the prestigious Maplethrope University and unknowing Scions to one of the Pantheons of your choice. You would deal with things like angry wraiths, secret societies, long-buried secrets that some people want to stay buried, and the subtle machinations of the gods, and this before even becoming a hero. Please post if interested

Last edited:
Pretty much all of them. I think my favorites are the Æsir, the Netjer, and the Tuatha Dé Danann, but as I said, I'm good with pretty much all of them :)

Sure, that was also for the benefit of everyone else who might be interested. I read your description as all players being from the same Pantheon.

I really like the Theoi myself (I know, basic) and of course they work really well in a college setting! I also like the Æsir and the Netjer.

I'm definitely interested, although I admit I'm not especially savvy with the rule set. Although I'm sure Esbilion and Arynne can help me. :)

I'm game for any Pantheon, although it would be neat to do Egyptian or Hindi.

Alright, might start the OOC soon. Also, you are free to choose any pantheon you want for your characters. If you want, you can tell me your concepts for characters.

(1) Education student/student teacher struggling with the reality of actually working with kids, (2) aspiring Theatre major who isn't *quite* good enough for stardom, (3) Computer science major with a fascination for illusions, theatre technology and stage magic, or (4) crew team member and budding hydrologist.

P.S. I took that nodiatis test and apparently I'm a...jeweler?

A cross country and track and field scholarship student studying to become an exercise physiologist with a fascination with the occult and the histories of various secret societies.

I'm thinking of a former gang member/juvenile delinquent whose well-off family sent off to the States to get an education...and to get her away from her bad association.

Cool concepts so far. I can you guy what wraiths are if you want. As a hint, they are kinda ghosts, but with a different origin.

Last edited:
Killerclown Killerclown how do you feel about real world politics (current or otherwise) spilling over into games? I have some concepts bouncing around which may be controversial, but if you'd rather steer clear of such things, I can do that too.

A Scion of Odin who likes using her appearance to make people uncomfortable to just short of the point where it's considered socially acceptable for them to point out that she's doing something wrong. She is at Maplethorpe to study actuarial science.

Alright, here is my write-up on Wraiths.

Ghosts are usually made if the souls of the dead get lost after death, have unfinished or end up somehow losing their way from the afterlife. But, there is another, much more horrific way to create a ghost, using dark magic to pull a shade from the afterlife back to the land of the living. However, this results in something horrid, a Wraith. A wraith is angered spirit of a shade pulled from the various afterlives of The World by dark magic. Wraiths are powered by supernatural anger that makes much more dangerous than normal ghosts. The best way to get rid of them is to either banish them or find a way to calm them and help return to their rest.

I will add more detail if ya guys want.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems pretty messy to have character sheets and OOC in the same thread. Unless you want us to reserve the first couple of posts for CS's?

I'm getting a bit of a head start on the sheet now and one of the things that's kinda stomping me is that of Deeds. I ran a campaign for a few months previously and finding deeds that both fit the characters (who are ignorant pre-visitation scions) and the story while keeping a reasonable level of complexity was hard. What kind of deeds would be appropriate for the game you have in mind, and do we know anything about the supernatural at the onset?

I am going with the default setting of Scion 2:ed where people know the gods exist, but the gods are less overt like they were back then due to the threat of Fatebinding. So yes in a way you know Gods and Monsters exist. The deeds are gonna be things like putting Wraiths back to rest, uncovering secrets as old as the University itself, and other stuff like defending a temple from desecration, and possibly slaying a monster or two. If you are having trouble finding deeds that define your character's past, perhaps they did heroic things in their home town like defending someone or the like?

Also, i do expect the first few posts to be Character sheets

Right, I know the setting :). I meant that we don't know that we have a divine heritage, and most sane people don't go out looking for wraiths or other supernatural.

I've put up a first draft character sheet. I'd like to put 4 points in Birthrights, but am unsure how that works out pre-visitation. I'm thinking to put some of those into an animal companion and maybe some into a Relic, but I'm not sure how I'd have picked up a relic pre-visitation.

Should we work out pre-game relations beforehand, or would you like to introduce our characters to each other?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back